Getting Our Licks In!

Quick check in: into the second week of 21 day fit: today was lower fit. I'm going with a little heavier weights this week to kick things up a notch. Autumn does two recovery days each week: a pilates day (4th day of weekly rotation which is tomorrow for me) and a yoga day (7th day of weekly rotation which is Friday for me). Nice visit with the family despite some family drama going on--but in some ways the drama is normal. On my drive down to my parents last Thursday, I went via Richmond and stopped by golden retriever breeder's house. Met her, her husband, and their 19 gorgeous golden retrievers. Spent about 2 hours there talking goldens--doesn't get any better than that. She has two females that will go into heat within the next 3 to 6 weeks. 63 days gestation would mean October timeframe for a puppy. Attending my first dog show this weekend.

Janie: funny how the car just seems to get loaded up with stuff each trip between home and going back to the beach house. And then you'll reverse the pattern in the fall. Will you get back to STS this week?

Cindy: Athletic training leg express sounds like a good premix--might have to give that one a try after I am done with 21 day fix. Did you get any of the snow out your way or did it miss you?

Kathy: I haven't tried the 21 day fit ab fix yet. I was going to try it this morning and then I forgot about it at the end of the workout. There is always tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Michelle

Well that was a busy week and weekend. The girls circus performance put on by the 5th-8th grade was a HUGE production and very entertaining! They had practices all week and two performances on the weekend. So on Mother's Day I got to watch my girls perform which is always a treat! They also made me French Toast in bed and even better they even CLEANED it up!!:D I got some sweet gifts from my girls, my brother, my mom and my boyfriend so it was a sweet day all around! Except that it SNOWED! Ugh and it's cold! Nothing accumulated down here but in the mountains where I used to live they got close to 3 feet.

So I have finished up the Hardcore Series! thank Cathe that's finally over!:eek: I finished up with Hard Core Extreme Hi/Lo intervals, Muscle Max, and Hard Core Extreme Circuit. If I don't have to do another interval from IMAX3 in a very long time I will be a happy girl!

I have a confession I have been just going through the motions of working out lately. I am just not into it like I used to be....I am not sure what that's about but I keep showing up and hitting play and getting through them so that's better than nothing, right? I just seem tired a lot and my knees ache and my feet hurt with all the jumping and I just don't seem to have the same pluck about my workouts. Any thoughts? It sounds like over training but I know it's not as I am not working out half as much as I used to... I think the extra weight is getting me down and making everything harder and sometimes i think why bother???

Michelle: family drama....it's something we all have...and your right it never does seem to really change. Puppies and Goldens and Dog Shows that sounds like Michelle heaveN!

Renee: you and I are sisters in IRON! I could not agree with you more! LOVE STS LOVE meso 2-3 ...endurance workouts just aren't my forte but I do them anyway because I know I need them but that doesn't mean I enjoy them!:eek:

Janie great job on the dome and STS! What a beautiful day up there in the PNW I am sure!

Cindy glad you are getting your licks in! I know all about the hectic family schedules.. today I had to catch my workout while I was cooking dinner. I would do one stage of the cooking and then a segment of the workout and back and forth! I think it literally doubled the time of my workout and I had to keep going up and down the stairs but hey I figured I might have burned more calories that way!

Kathy you are always doing these workouts that I have no idea what they are but they sound great! do you like Les Mills? I have so much invested in Cathe and her style just works for me so I just haven't branded out much into the world of workout dvd's. I like Tracy Mallet and Stott Pilates Dvd's and Rodney Yee but thats about all I know..

Today was STS disc 4 Chest shoulders and biceps. Whew!

RENEE, Falmily dynamics in my family is normal. LOL I bought my 35# dumbbells years ago. They certainly do come in handy. I even have 40, and 45's. Don't use them much but if I need them, I have um. I love the pace mates added on when needed. Great job on chest flys and one arm rows with that kind of weight. Good for you.

Michelle, Great job on Lower Fit. Good going on the heavier weight! Yep, our drama is normal for my people too. Aww soon you will have a fur baby. Let us know how you liked your first dog show.

Laura, The weekend sounds fun and very productive. Aww French toast in bed sound so lovely. What? it snowed? That's crazy! OMG! Congratulations finishing the Hardcore Series! Great job on finishing Hard Core Extreme Hi/Lo Intervbals, Muscle Max and Hard Core Extreme Circuit. Wow! Yes, I have to agree with you on over training. When you think "why bother" know it's part of the over training, and you just need to compensate and do a little less. It's your body talking and needs a little break ( a week).

Take care everyone,

Janie

I took it mellow today and did my beginner pilates class and took a mellow 3 mile walk with a friend of mine. She is seriously obese and wants/needs to lose 150 lbs! We are going to try and walk bike or swim together at least once a week.

So one of the new things I am doing is selling essential oils through doTERRA. I have been using an essential oil blend they have called Slim & Sassy. It is amazing! I just put a few drops of the all natural oil in my water and drink it throughout the day. It is a natural appetite suppressant, and it boost your metabolism and make your feel fuller on 1/2 the amount of food and it has the added benefit of gently detoxifying your body in the process. I have been using it for two weeks now and I have lost 3 lbs without changing anything else. Today I got so full on half of a sandwich, which I can normally eat the whole thing and still not be full and later when I had a snack of banana and cantaloupe I had just a few pieces before I was totally full and couldn't eat any more! And since it is just plants there are absolutely no side effects not does it destroy your metabolism! I am so jazzed about it I just had to share it with you guys!

Janie way to go on Chest Shoulder and Bi's! Woot Woot

Hi everyone. Forgot to check in yesterday. So, yesterday's workouts were 21 day fit pilates and 21 day fit total body cardio (with my boss). Yup, she is trying to get back into working out. She complained through the whole workout: this is hard, I hate this, etc. She needs a cheerleader and that is what I do, I cheer her on. It will get better, it just will take time.

Laura: maybe you should switch gears a little bit and do your favorite workouts--the ones you really love. And you probably are feeling discouraged because of the weight gain--DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! Take it down a notch, make sure you are using good form, and do the workouts that you love right now. You are moving forward to a BETTER you--one day at a time. And focus on all the positives in your life: you are healthy, you are getting more fit every day, you have wonderful daughters, you have a new good man in your life. Positive energy and (((HUGS))) to you.

Janie: that first meso cycle is the hardest I think. Good job on disc 4!

Positive puppy power to everyone!
Michelle

STS dics 5 Back and triceps today and a long walk on the beach with Rolly.

Laura, Great job on doing your beginner pilates class and a 3 mile walk. It's so nice you taking the time for a friend to help her. The Slim & Sassy sounds like it's working for you. Do be careful and find out all you can about it. Just to be on the safe side. I don't want anything awful to happen to my dear friend. Love what Michelle says and do workouts you love.

Michelle, Great job on 21 day fit pilates and 21 day fit total body cardio. Wow, with your boss. How nice! Good for her to want better health and for you helping a friend.

Take care all,

Janie

Today was just a short 40 minute reformer workout between clients

Janie Slim and Sassy is totally natural essential oils of the highest therapeutic grade available. It is grapefruit, cinnamon, ginger, and a few other plants thats it! No side effects whats so ever....except reduced craving and appetite, it supports the natural function of your immune system and gentle detoxifies the body! No need to worry about me one bit!

hi fives to everyone else

I will be finishing up the first week of meso 3 today with Athletic Step and NO Equipment ABs. I am loving meso 3, it is totally kicking my butt...and I like it. Have DOMS in all the right places too.

My problem these days is eating enough. Sounds weird, huh? I eat so clean 90% of the time that it is hard for me to get in 1500+ calories. With all the research and websites I have visited, I should be eating closer to 2000. Thats impossible. I am hoping that once school is out (which won't be long now!) and I join a gym (Maybe) and have a trainer (maybe) then the nutrition will come. Who knows? I'll just take it day to day for now.

Laura, when I hurt my knee, I put on a lot of weight. It was difficult to lose but you just have to stay the course. It doesn't go on over night and it doesn't come over night either. Little by little, YOU will see the changes you want if you stick to it. Don't be too hard on yourself either. Tomorrow is another day. My motto has been: Do today what others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't!

That weather front that has plagued the U.S. is finally in Virginia. Rain, rain and more rain. Ick! But it should be gone by Friday morning...hopefully.

Work! Work! And keep getting your licks in!

Renee

Lots of gardening and walking today.

Laura, Great job on 40 min. reformer w/o between clients. I won't worry then on Slim and Sassy. Sounds really great.

Renee, I like taking it day to day. Very wise. Great job on finishing up the first week of Meso 3 withAthletic Step and no equipment Abs. Wish I had your problem trying to get in enough calories. I need to eat like you do. For me 1500 calories is more than enough.

Take care all,

Janie

Dirty thirty this morning and "coached" my boss through some upper body weight work and then we did about 10 minutes of abs and 10 minutes of firewalker legs. Have yoga tomorrow and then I'm thinking I might do some Cathe workouts for a few days and then pick up with 21 day fit again. I'm on travel to Camp Lejeune next week so I have to figure out my workouts for Tuesday through Thursday. Might have to take travel fit with me and maybe slide and glide plus 21 day fit.

Laura: You sound a little more upbeat today. I think sister probably can be your best source of inspiration on the weight loss and exercise since she just went through losing weight that she gained after her ACL/MCL surgery.

Janie: walking sounds great; gardening not so much. Great job with STS--you're almost through week 2 of meso 1. Sweet!

Okay, so who are we missing? Kathy and Cindy. Hope you guys are doing well and are just too busy to check in.
~michelle

Yoga Fix today from 21 day fit. Thinking of doing a Cathe weight workout tomorrow. Feel like I need a little more strength training. So tomorrow, I am going to a dog show--my first. My dearly departed friend Janet and I always talked about going to Westminster some day. Well, we never did that--but I'm going to a local kennel club's dog show. 36 goldens are registered to show. Will be a good opportunity to meet more breeders and learn more.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a relaxing Friday night.
Michelle

Rolly and I walked the beach for an hour. I did STS disc 6 legs. I will redo this week like I did the first week. Just feel like I need it.

Michelle, Great job on Dirty thirty and coached your boss with upper body weight work, abs and firewalker. I be she appreciates all you do for her.

Michelle, Great job on today's Yoga Fix. Like your plan using Cathe tomorrow. I bet Janet will be with you in spirit at the dog show. How sweet.

Take care,

Janie

XTRAIN disc 1, chest, back, and shoulders this morning. Felt good to do a Cathe weight workout. Then went to the Mattaponi Kennel Club Dog Show in Manassas. I've got to say I did not see one unhappy looking person at the show. It's definitely all about loving dogs. I really enjoyed it. There is another show tomorrow, Goldens are at 0830--not sure if I'm going to be able to motivate to get up early enough to catch tomorrow's competition.

Michelle

Walked the beach with Rolly for about an hour and a half. Continued playing Pipeline and Boogie Woogie. My guitar lesson with Ralph was really good. Homework is to learn the chords A, D, and E and try to do them one right after the other and mix them up. It's So Hard! And my fingers are sooooo sore. But believe it or not, I love it. As soon as my fingers stop hurting and form calluses, I think I will do a better job. It will take a long time.

Doing some doodle art too.

Michelle, I love XTrain disc 1, chest, backa nd shoulders. Good job. Aww, glad you had a good time at the Mattaponi Kennel Club Dog Show.

Have a good one,

Janie

Last edited:
Yesterday was HDS High Intensity Step with Chest & Back
Today was HDS Low Intensity Step, Shoulders, Calves and Core

I LOVE HDS series. It was my 2nd Cathe Purchase. I can't believe I picked up that step after not having done step inages and it was the first time trying to do step from a DVD. I worked so long and hard on it! Now its second nature!

This morning at 8:25 I began my new job at the YMCA. I am teaching 2 reformer classes back to back to make up for the two classes that I dropped in the mountains. They have really nice body balance reformers and they are paying me very well. They were supposed to be intermediate classes but I found the clients did not have a good foundation in some of the most basic pilates tenants of movement so we went back to fundamentals. They really liked it and kept saying that no one had taught them these basic skills. It was fun.

I am off to the Grizzly Rose which is a huge country western bar in Denver for some live country music with Chris. It's my first time going and I have wanted to go for ever so I am excited!

5-20-14

Got the dates mixed up! Its actually 5-18. Its my last day of vacation & feeling sad. DH & I had a wonderful time in Atlantic City. We're not gamblers & I'm embarrassed to say that we don't even know how to use the slot machines . I only lost $5.00 on one of the easier machines. LOL The spa is beautiful & extremely relaxing. However, I must've gained 10's! All those good eats & drinks really caught up to me. Oh well going to try & lose the weight in a few weeks. Last Saturday before I left for AC I did STS Total Body in its entirety. I forgot what a gem this one is. Sunday I did ROKO Cardio KB + Cardio Gloves premix. I was gone from Mon. to Wed. On Thursday I did KCM's Body Shop workout #2 & on Friday I did KCM's Total Body KB Interval Mix premix. Saturday did STS TB UB premix+ abs & today did Susan Chung's Rapid Fire #2 combos 1-4 & blasts. DH & I went out for brunch & what else but more eats & drinks.LOL

Janie Sis: You've been getting in some good walks w/Rolly & sticking w/STS.

Michelle: Glad you went to a dog show. I've never been to a dog show but I have been to an equestrian show. I know that the 21 DF workouts don't have much in the way of weight training. I hope you're not sorry that you purchased the workouts.

Laura: Do you mean 4DS series? If so, great job! I can't get the choreo to HI Step. I too love 4DS. Its another gem of Cathe's. Congrats on the new job & for making more $$!!! You sound like a great teacher. I wish I lived close to you to take some of your reformer classes.

Take care,
Kathy

Last edited:
XTRAIN disc 2, bis and and tris, this morning. Party Rocking Step 1 yesterday+I went to the second day of the dog show. Goldens went early at 0830, to I went, watched, and then came home to exercise and do stuff around the house. Headed to Camp Lejeune down in North Carolina today. Will go get packed at soon as I finish this check-in.

Kathy: just remembered that you were at AC this past week. Hope you and your DH had a super fantastic time. And no, I'm not sorry that I purchased 21DF. I like the workouts but needed a few days of Cathe and a little heavier weight work. I'll take 21DF with me on travel as well as a Jillian Michaels dvd and Cathe's travel fit. Those combos ought to get me through a few days.

Laura: always fun to do something that you've always wanted to do. I went to a dog show; you went to a country western bar. We are kind of in the same mode of doing something new. Congrats on the new job at the YMCA. Your classes are very fortunate to have a experienced and conscientious instructor. What did you ever decide about going back to school? Is that still a possibility?

Hi to Cindy, Janie, and sister.
Michelle

STS disc 4, chest, shoulders and biceps. Also Rolly and I walked the beach for over an hour. And met some really nice folks.

Laura, Great job on HDS High Intensity Step with chest and back and for HDS Low Intensity Step, Shoulder, Calves and core the next day. YaHoo! I love when I know the step routines of steps. High Five! I can see the YMCA is getting a great teacher to teach reformer classes. It's nice you noticed they needed a beginners class instead of an intermediate. It's a mark of a really good teacher. Aw, I love country music and dancing. How did it go?

Kathy Sis, Good going before you went on vacation and did STS Total Body in it's entirety. For Sun ROKO Cardio KB and Cardio Gloves premix. And for Thurs. KCM's Body Shop workout 2 and Fri. KCM's Total Body KB Interval Mix premix for Sat. STS TB UB premix and abs and for TODAY Susan Chung's rapid Fire 2 combos 1-4 and blasts. YOU ARE AWESOME! Aw, sometimes it's really hard to go back to work after vacation.

Michelle, Good going on XTRAIN disc 2 bis and tris this morning. For Party Rocking Step1 yesterday. How fun to go again to the dog show. I was hoping you would go because of the Goldens. What did you do at Camp Lejeune in N. Carolina.

Take care everyone,

Janie

5-20-14

Sorry for not posting yesterday. First day back at work is always rough. Last night I did STS TB Lower only premix + Susan Chung's Rapid Fire #2 abs. Legs were talking to me! And I forgot just how hard Susan Chung's ab work is. YOWZA! Tonight will be 21DF Pilates.

Michelle: Glad you got to see the Goldens at the show. How was Lejuene? Me & Janie both want to know what you did. I'm glad that you aren't sorry about purchasing 21DF. I was worried there for a minute.

Janie Sis: Good job on STS disc 4 & your walk. You make me want to start an STS rotation w/you. Thx for thinking that I'm awesome. I just try to mix things up.

Hi to Cindy, Laura & Renee.

Kathy

It's my crazy time of year at work so I'm even more busy than my norm, bah! Exercise has been hit or miss so this week I'm making sure to get back on track so I started last night with Slide & Glide Muscle Conditioning and will do X10 Cardio tonight. This is the last week of baseball and that makes me happy :) I can't wait to have more time in the evenings again.

Kathy - Sounds like a great vacation and you'll get the weight off quickly. I think that's the normal side effect to vacation!

Laura - That's awesome the ladies at the Y are enjoying your class, with a skilled instructor they will see lots more benefits. How was the Grizzly Rose?

Janie - So glad you're taking lessons and as your fingers adjust you'll enjoy it even more :)

Michelle - The dog show sounds like a lot of fun and I'm glad you motivated to go see the golden's.

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.