FYI: KCM fans

I feel that to do my workouts I have to enjoy them, so I have to have fun. And I agree intensity needs to be up but not all the time. I love Cathe because she is advanced and hard yet fun. I find I NEED days that the intensity is more intermediate to be able for my body to keep exercising 6 days. I mean of course I need to push harder to lift heavier to go faster with cardio, with that being said I also feel the body will heal faster, respond better if u give it a day or two a week that is more moderate weights and longer and less intense cardio and KCM fits the bill perfectly!
I think isn't that the whole concept behind confusion? I mean isn't it better for our bodies to keep it guessing ?
I don't know IMO it seems easier to stick to a plan knowing I don't HAVE to beat my brains out at every workout or every lifting. And knowing I can give myself permission to ease up if I need to, kind of makes me think if something I read called intuitive training. Good stuff. Anyway it's funny how we all find different ways yet it works for us and as such it should we are all individual

KCM helps me NOT to burn out! When I do Cathe nonstop, I do develop a bit of a dread factor. I do Cathe 95% of the time and only recently started purchasing others' DVDs (KCM, Goudeau, Chung, Taylor, Bento). I decided to branch out because I found I was having to "drag" myself into my workout room. I DO NOT WANT TO FEEL THAT WAY!

I do love Cathe's intensity and knowledge. She's the best. That said, when I do KCM's Muscle Definition or Weights (with advanced weights) my arms "talk to me" days after. I had gotten to where I was getting no DOMs ever with Cathe's workouts (simply because I was used to them even after upping the weight). KCM does use different angles. She is very creative. I think Cathe, herself, would urge us to "shock the system."

I'm glad there are many options, but very glad I've found Cathe! She remains my "go to" instructor. . .

Justine:

My favourite 2 KCMs have just been mentioned: Muscle Definition and Plateau Buster.

PB is a metabolic workout that delivers big: in both heart pounding cardio segments and explosive weights moves that again, drive up the heart rate and challenge you. Time goes fast, Kelly is motivating, I gulp about 4 16 oz glasses of water throughout both 30 MTF workouts, done back to back. I also include the bonus cardio segments. This workout is controlled, well-paced and never frantic. I smile and grimace throughout. Love pommel horse lunges. Wow!

Muscle Definition has an 82 min premix which I adore: it's total body and tough, two rounds of everything, and as my DVD often misbehaves, each time I am treated to a bonus round of something! I just do it and keep fighting on. Again, there are compound moves here you have not seen with Cathe, and Kelly uses some explosive moves that mean you can go heavier. But this is not uncontrolled, slinging weights around.

Also check out her latest two DVDs in which she appears alone. I have both, haven't done them yet, but they are popular so check out reviews on collagevideo.com and longer clips on totalfitnessdvds.com. Boxing and weights on one: HiiT and weights on the other. Kelly excels at putting together workouts that change up the pace continuously, include moves no-one else is doing, shifting from cardio and weights all the time: great circuit training.

Kelly's philosophy is that workouts do not need to be so brutal and hardcore that they are constantly breaking down the body, leading to dread, boredom, lack of motivation, injury and burn out. Instead, her workouts, while tough (and you get to control the intensity), are invigorating.

It is a misnomer to assume that KCM does not produce intense workouts. If they do not challenge an individual, as you say, Justine, up your weights, do both workouts back to back, select a longer premix, use Kelly's weight training after a Cathe cardio (I do this all the time). Results will follow. Intensity is controlled by the individual, and perceived intensity will depend upon the individual and the starting point of their fitness levels.

I am no longer in my 30's and I lead the kind of busy professional and family life that means I am always having to take longer breaks than I would like from my fitness pursuits. Therefore, KCM workouts fit my life. I used to do 100% Cathe, back when I was 32, with much younger and easier to handle kids' timetables and had total control over my timetable. Now, I do about 60:40 KCM to Cathe because a mother does not always dictate her own timetable. Many things come up (this spring, I am touring campuses with my youngest as she selects a college), that keep me away from the weights and treadmill.

I'm a realist: I need different instructors. Everyone should feel free to select differing levels of intensity and different instructors that suit exactly where that individual is at right now in her life. There's more to life than unrelenting intensity. All exercise is stress upon the body (and mind): additional, unrelenting intensity, and therefore additional stress, I do not need. Personally speaking.

Clare

Very quickly. Kelly does not have massive production schedules. She films, she edits, she mails them out.

Clare

One thing that makes KCM's more speedy is that she said on FB that she is filming TODAY (Saturday) but does not start the presale until Sunday at noon. That's a big difference. She's done all the planning, rehearsing, and filming before starting the presale! No wonder it's quicker to us.

Thanks Natalie for the links.. I recently discovered fitness rx for myself and am anxious to read all of the info you provided.

As far as Justine and kcm, I have these and love them:
Body shop
Tlc
Trim down
Total body kb
Plateau buster
Muscle def
Weights
LIFT

I always used her advanced wts, but sometimes 12,15# are heavy considering how she does her routines.. I believe I will continue To lift heavy with cathe and enjoy kcm also~ I will prolly use kcm as add on's mainly tho

The online order for the new ones started 15 minutes ago and I've already purchased the weight one. $13.99 with free shipping! :D

Denise

Thanks Natalie for the links.. I recently discovered fitness rx for myself and am anxious to read all of the info you provided.

As far as Justine and kcm, I have these and love them:
Body shop
Tlc
Trim down
Total body kb
Plateau buster
Muscle def
Weights
LIFT

I always used her advanced wts, but sometimes 12,15# are heavy considering how she does her routines.. I believe I will continue To lift heavy with cathe and enjoy kcm also~ I will prolly use kcm as add on's mainly tho

Hi Msperskey,

Don't let anxiety get the best of you;)
Take it one step at time reading what you are truly interested in.

Kind Regards,

Clare, a big thank you for reminding me of Muscle Definitions 82 minute premix. I did it today. I'm glad it's Sunday, I need a nap. (My workplace frowns on people falling asleep at their desk.) One of those workouts that you can make as easy, or as hard as you want.:D

I agree 100% with you, exercise-lover, about not gettting DOMS with Cathe's workouts. I do 95% or more of Cathe tapes and yes, occasionally I get DOMS but not too often. One day I asked myself, am I truly switching it up and getting muscle confusion? Because, I can put in any one of Cathe's tapes and know exactly the flow of the workout, where the areas are that I dread and pretty much exactly what amount of weight I'm going to use. Now, here's were I can change up the poundage, sure, but in my head, I've done her tapes so much, I know how it's going to go.

I have bought other workouts and I rarely reach for them. That being said, you guys have me checking out KCM now. Thank you. I'd like to find someone like Cathe that I would enjoy working out to.

I ordered Muscle Definition based on the recommendations - and then Circuit Burn, as I could get them both from the same seller for a reasonable £££ - I'm in the UK, so shipping can make or break a deal! If I like them (and judging by the reaction of everyone here - whom I trust totally - I will), I'll order a load more and pay shipping.
Sadly I can't order the new ones, as the offer is US only. The UK just doesn't have such good workout dvds as you guys have :mad:

Thank you all for the feedback. I'll let you know what I think.

Clare - have fun looking at colleges. I was in exactly the same position this time last year. My DD is now 200 miles away, having the time of her life. And I'm in my empty nest! One reason to treat myself to some great workouts.....

xxx

My favorite KCM workouts are:

Trim Down
Shape Up
Weights
Split Sessions

I ordered both of the new ones today ....you can't beat the price and free shipping too!

I agree 100% with you, exercise-lover, about not gettting DOMS with Cathe's workouts. I do 95% or more of Cathe tapes and yes, occasionally I get DOMS but not too often. One day I asked myself, am I truly switching it up and getting muscle confusion? Because, I can put in any one of Cathe's tapes and know exactly the flow of the workout, where the areas are that I dread and pretty much exactly what amount of weight I'm going to use. Now, here's were I can change up the poundage, sure, but in my head, I've done her tapes so much, I know how it's going to go.

I have bought other workouts and I rarely reach for them. That being said, you guys have me checking out KCM now. Thank you. I'd like to find someone like Cathe that I would enjoy working out to.

I'm so glad it's not just me, Barb. I'm wondering when I go BACK and do a Cathe weight workout after not having done them for awhile if they will be "like new," and I'll get DOMs from them then. I have to say, the Cathe weight work, even tho I had no muscle soreness, has kept me maintained at a great level. It'll be an interesting experiment.

Exercise-lover, I agree, I am currently suffering DOMS from STS meso 2 since I haven't done this rotation in a long time.

I am VERY interested in purchasing two or three KCM vidoes for the shock effect.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.