FYI: KCM fans

maddiesmum

Cathlete
Kelly starts her pre-sale for the following 2 DVDs in the 30 Mins to Fitness series on 9th March on her site, coffeyfit.com:

1) Home Gym Intervals
(cardio intervals using your home cardio machine, plus weight training in between)

2) Muscle up: Lift 2B Fit:
(heavy weights done Kelly style)

Clare

Very exciting!! I wish typing had tone as I'm really singing! haha. I haven't done a pre-order except for Cathe but I'm really enjoying the 30 minutes to fitness and will branch out this time with KCM.:eek:

I'm in! I just found on Ebay the old Cardio Kick Step Boxing recommended in another thread. Snagged it!

Does KCM usually run other specials on her site, like preorder and get other stuff at reduced price (like Cathe does)? Does she usually have free shipping, etc? Cathe really spoils us. . .

I'm in! I just found on Ebay the old Cardio Kick Step Boxing recommended in another thread. Snagged it!

Does KCM usually run other specials on her site, like preorder and get other stuff at reduced price (like Cathe does)? Does she usually have free shipping, etc? Cathe really spoils us. . .

Specials on other items in her fitness DVD library during pre-sales, no. Never seen that. Sometimes free shipping if ordering all titles of a particular pre-sale, but I'm not seeing that for this one. On the other hand, I think each DVD is just $13.99, so it's never as expensive as Cathe DVDs.

Clare

I really like KCM, but will probably only get the Lifting DVD, unless the cardio interval impresses me more than I am anticipating it will.

Just an FYI, for those without a cardio machine at home, she is including a premix on the home gym dvd that does cardio drills on the floor without equipment.

I've got an old exercise bike that isn't sufficient for the spin workouts, but I'm hoping it will be for this workout. I'm really looking forward to using it in a fun way! Can't wait!

Although I have quite a few of KCM DVS's I have never preordered. I'm really looking forward to the heavy weight DVD. I wonder what it's going to be like. Total Body or a split. Hmmmm
Does anybody know how quickly you get the DVD from the day of the preorder??

New to KCM

Hey all,

I bought several kcm dvds when she had her sale in January and find that they are a lot of fun! I love her compound moves and the fact she doesn't lift real heavy weights. That being said, makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time doing them and not "digging in" with harder workouts such as what cathe has. I use the weights she suggests for advanced and I feel like I get a good workout~ should I stop second guessing myself and just continue to have fun?? Btw, I usually do cathe some days and kcm the others (right now I'm on xtrain strength only, but miss kcm)

1) Exercise does not have to be "completely killer" before it does you good.

2) Kelly and Cathe do not approach weights in the same way. I find I get better shoulder development from combining both or just from Kelly alone. Kelly includes variations exercises you will never see on a Cathe DVD, and vice versa. Cathe reigns supreme for the lower body, and often, Kelly does for upper body. You are better off with both than with just one.

3) Kelly's incorporation of boxing with weights is not covered by Cathe: this is purely innovative.

4) You like Kelly's workouts and have fun!

4 reasons not to abandon workouts by KCM.

Clare

Hey all,

I bought several kcm dvds when she had her sale in January and find that they are a lot of fun! I love her compound moves and the fact she doesn't lift real heavy weights. That being said, makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time doing them and not "digging in" with harder workouts such as what cathe has. I use the weights she suggests for advanced and I feel like I get a good workout~ should I stop second guessing myself and just continue to have fun?? Btw, I usually do cathe some days and kcm the others (right now I'm on xtrain strength only, but miss kcm)

I relate to your concern expressed in sentence above.

We all expect various elements when we purchase a program: quality of the production, trainer personality, cueing, form , fun , safety etc....

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE

Now I do workout cathe 95%. That being said I have tried and recently purchased other reputable trainer program including KCM. I did my research and homework just like most of us do :p:p. That being said, INTENSITY is a fundamental principle in training. For me it's a number one element I look for in a training. I disagree with any negligence in delivering an intense program. It can be fun but when the program does not deliver an intensity which does *not* have to be an anaerobic level, I am out:D:D I aim for FUN, viable challenge and INTENSITY. To reply to Msperkey , I hear you:D:D Neither do I want waste my time I.:cool::cool:

Now before shooting me:D:D ,Here is something to read . I have no doubt there are fellow cathletes who support my views on the importance of intensity element in any program. Wink ;) to you fellow like-minded.

Cathe Friedrich - 8 Proven Principles of Exercise Intensity You’ll Find in The STS and XTrain Workout Programs
Intensity Techniques | FitnessRX for Women

Last edited:
I don't have any KCM workouts - but this thread has got me very tempted! I love changing trainers - I feel every one has something slightly different to offer (although if I had to stay with only 1 for the rest of my life, it would be Cathe ;) ).

I also love changing the intensity - some days I just don't have it in me to do an ultra high intensity workout - other days I am just in the mood for finding a workout a little bit easier (self-esteem).

Undulating the intensity of workouts is what works for me (removes the dread factor). It's a bit like having an active recovery week, except I have the occasional active recovery day where I just take it down a notch.

That said, if KCM is using weights, surely upping the weight (even above what she recommends for advanced) will increase the intensity. Or going deeper / slower for some moves.

Recommendations for which KCM dvds to start with would be appreciated!
Credit card at the ready........AGAIN :rolleyes:

Justine,

I just recently purchased 2 of KCM dvd's, Muscle Definition & Plateau Buster. I have not tried the Plateau Buster yet.

I loved MD..it was fun and challenging (based on your weight selection). There are 2 MD workouts on the disc, plus multiple premixes. I plan to purchase more. Need another shelf. Variety is a good thing.

I would also like feedback from other KCM fans about their favorite KCM dvds.

Sherry

I tried Plateau Blaster for the first time this week, workout #1. It moves fast, the exercises were effective, and the cardio segments got my heart rate up but not so high that my form was compromised when I picked up the weights. There is bonus footage on this DVD and lots of premixes.

I'll definitely be ordering the new strength DVD, not sure about the cardio one.

2) Kelly and Cathe do not approach weights in the same way. I find I get better shoulder development from combining both or just from Kelly alone. Kelly includes variations exercises you will never see on a Cathe DVD, and vice versa. Cathe reigns supreme for the lower body, and often, Kelly does for upper body. You are better off with both than with just one.

I absolutely agree with Clare. One of my favorite ways to plan my workout week is to include a KCM total body workout for the upper body results and a Cathe leg workout a few days later for the lower body results.

I have found with KCM videos like Muscle Definition, Split Sessions, Body Shop, and 30MTF: Weights, my upper body is FRIED by the end when I have chosen the right weights, but not so much the lower body (more of just a friendly burn for the legs). So, to balance it out for the lower body, the next day (or 2 days later) I will turn to Cathe, and do something like Gym Style Legs or LBB or even an STS leg workout. I have so much FUN doing this and feel like my workouts are really well-rounded.

And Justine, as far as which KCM DVDs to start with, I love the ones I listed above for weights. Another personal favorite is Train Like a Contender. Let us know what you end up buying and how you like it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.