FITNESS NOT FACEBOOK: JUNE

This is a great group! Everyone is very supportive and encouraging, not to mention motivated!

Swimmer-I understand Spinerval burnout. Last year I didn't touch my spinning bike from June to October :eek:
That is an awesome leg workout that you did!

Stacy-I like Bob Harper too-his were the first weight based dvds I bought. I have Pure Burn Super Strength and Totally Ripped Core. I'll have to look at his new ones.

Nathalie-Congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome :)
Thanks for the tip on the weight bench. I just ordered a weighted vest this morning! I am so looking forward to doing STS, I can't wait to start:eek:
I do the same thing with my workouts, I plan a week ahead and get all the DVDs ready on Sunday night. I always do better with a set training plan or schedule.

Justine-Congratulations on completing the 90 days! Great job!
I'll be starting the 1 RM next week too, I think I'll make a list tomorrow of the most important ones to do. Today was a little hectic but tomorrow I should be able to spend some time with the STS user's guide.

Good night,

Judy

Hi ladies this looks like a great motivational group. I'd love to join in. My workout today was AOLIH and burn sets chest. I'm obsessed with the Xtrain workouts. I've had them since January and can't get enough.
Amy

Welcome, Amy!

My upper body is more sore this morning from UY Strength than from last time I did Burn Sets! Don't know if that's a good or bad thing!

Welcome Amy,

Day 3 consisting of AOLIH + Squat Rack Disc 37. Now completed!

This is the second time I am doing this double.
I am wondering what was i thinking coming up with such doubling!:D

I am writing with DOMS from XTRAIN upper body burn set done yesterday.
I will need stretching before bed.

Good week to everyone;)

Thanks for the warm welcome! Finished today's workout Ride and Rear Delts. I absolutely love Rides cool down song and Cathes uplifting spirit shines through! Have a great day ladies. Back to work for me tomorrow :-( oh well :)

Today I did 90 minutes of a Spinerval "On The Road" ride.
I also ordered the "Troy Lite Barbell Set" for STS and I am reading the STS User's Guide tonight too :)

Amy- I agree about the last song in Ride, Cathe is very motivating and inspirational.

Judy

Finished upper body trisets. I had a good sweat on this one but I had to fast forward on some when she is giving too long of explanation.

Hi Amy - good to 'meet' you.
Day of rest yesterday (yoga and walking). I started Rock Bottoms-ish today. I say 'ish' because there are a lot of dvds in the rotation which I don't own, and I'll be subbing. So today I did Bob Harper Ripped Core (rather than Cathe's Cardio Core) and I did 45 mins yoga, 5 mile walk and 300 walking lunges. I hope you're supposed to count left, right as 1,2. Otherwise I only did 150!!!

I'm interested to know if you girls have goals and targets you set yourselves? I don't really have any, other than just to follow the rotation I'm doing. I'd love a long term goal, such as being able to dead lift 3x my body weight (Nia Shanks style thinking).
I'll do some 1RM testing tonight, I think.
Well done all,
Justine

My goal is both weight loss and to get in 4-5 workouts a week. Lately it seems as if getting in 4 has been a struggle!

Just did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body workout for the first time! Total sweat fest for me which is what I needed as my workouts (for reasons I wont get into here ;)) have not been up to par. This is the first time in awhile I've almost been on the verge of a "puke in a bucket" workout. Time will tell if it is the workout itself or my out of shape self! Either way, great workout.

I've been in a workout funk so not sure if I'll be committing to STS in July or not. Right now I need to commit to simply working out!! I've been thinking about doing a Bob Harper, Ultimate Yogi type of rotation which is something new for me.

Short term goal today....workout (done), eat cleanly.

Hello every!! I am way behind in all my check-ins :eek: Lots of personal junk, but no mention of that here ;)

I HAVE been working out though :D Here's a recap of my last few workouts:

Thurs: Endurance spinning DVD
Fri: XT Legs
Sun: IMAX2, morning MMA Boxing(no drills or core work) + HC 101 June
Mon: STS M2 W3 Back Bicep
Tues: Strength spinning DVD....and tonight I will do 20 min cardio + HC 101

Ok...that's my last few workouts. I have found that the heavy lifting with M2 for legs simply does not agree with my knees. I think it has to do with my knees getting used to the spinning as well. I did the first 2 rounds of the first Triset in the Leg disk last Friday and I could just tell that I wasn't going to make it through the rest of the workout. So I changed the DVD to XT Legs. My knees immediately smiled :D So still got some leg work, but not STS. I'm going to finish my last two M2 STS leg workouts with Gym Style Legs, which I believe is the closest thing to M2 type legs without having the heavy load of STS. M3 will be plyo legs, so I should be ok there.

My goal is fat loss, but right now I'm finding I don't have the mental capacity to eat as clean as I need to :mad: I'm thinking of taking a break and maintaining the gains that I've gotten over the past few weeks and then going back at it strong in a month or so. We shall see. I am glad to say that a lot of the changes that I've made to my eating have become permenant, so that is a good thing :D

Good luck to everyone that is starting STS in July!! I am really loving the program!! My arms are looking really good too ;) My legs shape much easier than my upper body, so STS is just what I needed to get my UB looking good.

Hi All!
Stacy - it's not you - that DVD makes me feel the same way. But I somehow really enjoy Bob's workouts. His core one that I did yesterday has left me with serious doms in my sides today. :D Good idea having short and long term goals. I need to get something to aim for, so that I don't just drift. Hence STS in July. I'm at a good weight (5ft 9 and 135lbs, I think that's probably where I should be???) so I need a different measure to strive for. I'm so glad you nudged me in the direction of UY. I'm awaiting delivery, but doing his 'Foundations' in the mean time. I find it's helping my other workouts. Also I love the muscle length it's giving me - somehow my legs seem longer. Or is that wishful thinking?;)
Toni - wow! Sunday seems particularly gruelling. Interesting that you're legs respond better than arms - I'm the other way round, and found that XTrain really got my upper body 'cut'. Hoping Rock Bottoms will do the same for my lower half:mad:
Today XTrain Cardio Legs (with 13kg weights ow) and 5 mile walk and yoga.
Justine

Interesting posts! My arms respond quicker than my legs as well, but not sure if that's b/c I my knees dont like heavy lifting or that I'm a pear shaped person. My one knee at least has "moderate" cartilage loss as of an MRI about 5 years ago. For some reason heavy, traditional lifting for legs just hasnt worked out for me, even easing into it slowly. Plyo leg work doesnt seem to bother them as much, except oddly enough, jumping jacks seem to be the worst, maybe the angle my knees/legs are at during the motion (??)

Justine, hope you like UY, so far I am! I wish my legs felt longer, at 5'1" I could use all the length I can get ;)

Atomp, it's a daily struggle with me for clean eating, sometimes my mind is just not in the game! But, I never give up!

Back to report my double for the day was AfterBurn - one time through premix. I modified all plank like moves to full crunches. My strength spin workout this morning takes a lot out of my legs and I didn't want to over do it. I also did STS abs - no equip. Well minus all plank work so I did about half of it. I think between my two workouts today I *might* have burned enough calories to break even. I had hibachi for lunch with co-workers and Red Lobster with my daughter for dinner :eek: I'll begin again tomorrow with the eating :)

Hi All,

Yesterday I did Spinervals 20.0 "The Sprinting Machine", and then I did the "Balanced Core" premix from Core Max and "Medicine Ball Abs" from Ab Circuits.

Today was a planned rest day.

As for goals, for the rest of 2013 my goals are:

1. Complete 3 months of STS

2. Finish 2 local mountain bike races

3. Do the Spinerval Challenge (December)

4. Build up to doing 1 hour of Cathe core work :eek:

5. Maintain my weight, but decrease body fat and increase lean mass

I usually have a running related goal, but this year I'm focusing a little more on strength

Judy

One hour of Cathe core??? OMG....your abs most be rock hard :) Hmmmmmmm....maybe I need to think more about my core goals :D

One hour of Cathe core??? OMG....your abs most be rock hard :) Hmmmmmmm....maybe I need to think more about my core goals :D

:) Oh no, I've neglected my abs so I really have some work to do in that area. I have seen some results though. I've gotten up to 30 minutes so I decided to make a goal of an hour. My upper abs are pretty weak:eek:

Hi everyone.
Judy - love those goals. I agree with toni, an hour of Cathe core would be amazing. Are you going to measure your body fat? If so, how? I'm keen to keep a stable weight, but cut the fat, but have heard that measuring is tricky.
I've added a goal for myself - 100 rep challenge for push-ups. (on my toes :eek:) Like Cathe's other 100 rep challenges - aim for 35 consecutive, then just keep doing as many as possible with rests in between. I'll keep you all posted :p
Stacy - my knees are OK with lifting, but not so good if I turn sharply, like for kick boxing.......which I did today.
I did my usual walk, then Kick, punch, crunch then MMA Fusion. Sounds like a lot, but it was the first time for KPC, so I spent rather a lot of time trying to work out what to do.:eek:
Hope everyone's well, Justine

Did UY disc 4 Flexibility....I reaffirmed that I am NOT flexible!! Something to work towards, I envy the 75 year old looking bald guy in the class who is waaay more flexible than I am! Yikes! It was amazing how many isolation holds my quads went thru during the "flexibility" workout.

100 pushups on the toes, wowza. I think I can do about 5, but possible more now that I'm doing more chatarangas (sp??) in yoga!

With regard to core work, I just ordered BH's Totally Ripped Core, 50 minute workout. Definitely going to rotate that in my routine!

Clean eating...not stellar but taking a step in the right direction!

Hi All,

This morning I did Spinervals 42.0, "Quads on Fire". It's an 85 minute long time trial workout. Tonight I did a timesaver premix from X-Train Bi's & Tri's.

Justine-I have a Tanita body fat scale. I think it is accurate in that if body fat goes up or down, the scale will reflect that.
100 rep challenge for pushups is an awesome idea! I'd be lucky to get to 35:eek:

Have a great night everyone!

Judy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.