FITNESS NOT FACEBOOK: JUNE

Good Morning! I've decided to brave the Rock Bottoms Rotation too!! I'll tweak it to fit my schedule a bit, and I'm definitely going to add in a bit more upper body and yoga, so I'm thinking it may take about 6 weeks to complete it. I'm a bit scared it's going to hurt my knees, but I'll listen to my body and see how it goes!

I watched the clip of Cardio Core Circuit and this is the workout I remember making my knees ache in the past. So I'm going to do the LIS Afterburn express premix (going thru each cycle once), then do the walking lunges, and then do abs.

Wish me luck! I'll report back later if I can walk up my basement steps after the walking lunges ;)

Stacy - Great! I skipped Cardio Core Circuit as well (I didn't have it at the time, but have now downloaded it - 40% off just too good to miss ;) )
Given your knee trouble has been improving over the years, could it be stronger quads?
Just a thought.
Walking lunges - first 50 are the worst. As are the last 10!! Let me know how it goes.
I've got abs and BBW to do yet. The BBW usually takes me around 35 minutes.
J

Nathalie - thank you for your response. It will keep me motivated! I have only been doing heavy weights for about 4 months now (I did Xtrain 90 day rotation). Do you think that just changing to a different routine could cause the weight gain? Obviously I'm now doing much more leg work. Weight loss isn't my aim - HOWEVER - I don't really want to gain, either!
Well done on 7 years of weight training! An inspiration!!
I have just finished TTM - really enjoyed it. My favourite is still Tabatacise, though :eek:
Any more tips? I'd be very grateful.
Justine

Justine,

The answer to question hightlighted above is yes yes...
The weight gain is normal...I would not worry about that. In the last 3 years my weight was fluctuating from 1 to 2.5 pound. Then about five/six months ago I broke a plateau and lost about 5kg. I want to loose more 5/6kg but no more! 135-141 pound for 5 7' is okay for my frame ;)

Your weight/height ratio is great I would not aim at loosing weight if I was in your shoes ;) Muscles is what you need. Clean nutrition is the key. Private message me if you need to ;-)

Last edited:
Good Morning! I've decided to brave the Rock Bottoms Rotation too!! I'll tweak it to fit my schedule a bit, and I'm definitely going to add in a bit more upper body and yoga, so I'm thinking it may take about 6 weeks to complete it. I'm a bit scared it's going to hurt my knees, but I'll listen to my body and see how it goes!

I watched the clip of Cardio Core Circuit and this is the workout I remember making my knees ache in the past. So I'm going to do the LIS Afterburn express premix (going thru each cycle once), then do the walking lunges, and then do abs.

Wish me luck! I'll report back later if I can walk up my basement steps after the walking lunges ;)

Hi Stacy,

I will be starting the Rock bottom rotation in about a week from Monday.

Wish you the very best, I am taking the plunge too. Please do not be scared.
As if the rotation itself was not tough enough, I will add a minute kettlebell swing to the BBW portion.

I will post my rotation. I will slightly modify the rotation cause I do not want neglect upper body. I am happy to share what I am up to in term of rotation ;-)

Let's report on here about result, struggles etc---Well I am hoping to gain the infamous walnut cracker by the end of the rotation lol.
Hmmm may be should say I hoping to, after working really hard, gain a BB---Bubble Butt ;

Reporting soon and have a good week;-),

Hello all. Quickly stopping in to say that I will not be working out this week. Hmmmmm, is that allowed here?? Anywho....I'm leaving for my hiking trip today!! At the airport as we speak. I'll post some pics in my profile when I get back for anyone that might be interested :)

Have a fabulous week everyone :)

I DID IT!!!

I completed Afterburn 1-10 x1 premix, then I went to the walking lunges. After the first 25 or so I thought what the heck am I getting myself into?? I got to 150 and was feeling a bit winded and light headed so at that point I did BH's 15 min Yoga Abs and went back to finish the last 150 walking lunges! I feel so accomplished AND my knees arent too bad and hoping they feel good tomorrow!

I think what has helped my knees over the years is a combo of light quad strengthening and yoga but I think primarily cutting out most of my stepping. Step was my primary form of cardio, now I'm mixing it up with walking, kickboxing and more "metabolic" cardio. Right now the exercise that still consistently bothers my knees both during and after are good ol' basic jumping jacks. Plyo jacks I can do no problem, dont understand that but I sub in air squats or plyo jacks whenever jumping jacks are in the mix. I think that's why Cardio Core Circuit bothers my knees, alot of jumping jacks and alot of moves like ski jumps from side to side. Doing hops in place seem to be okay.

Have a good day everyone!

Hello all. Quickly stopping in to say that I will not be working out this week. Hmmmmm, is that allowed here?? Anywho....I'm leaving for my hiking trip today!! At the airport as we speak. I'll post some pics in my profile when I get back for anyone that might be interested :)

Have a fabulous week everyone :)

Lol I think you are allowed to take time off. Actually taking time off will make you realise the strength you gained when you get back into your routine....Have a great time hiking. Please let us know more how you get on with spinning. This will help anyone embarking on spinning in future ( including myself). Thanks for letting us know about your time off ;-)

Kind Regards,

Stacy - wow! Fabulous! bet you're on a real high now :D
Interesting about step and knees - I'm useless at step, so perhaps I won't have that problem (I can't even get the step interval in tabatacise correct :eek: )
And Nathalie doing Rock Bottoms as well! Can't wait to hear results.
I may even try something similar again when the new workouts appear. More legs than glutes.
Have a wonderful holiday Toni.
We all seem to be doing really well. :p

Forgot to post a minor gain. When I was laying on the floor, legs up in the air doing ab crunches, I was able to get my legs pretty much all the way straight with feet flexed without feeling like I was pulling my hamstrings. I can attribute this to my once a week, hour long UY sessions. I even missed last week's! Definitely need to keep yoga in the mix!

Hi All,

Yesterday I did a mountain bike ride, about 16 miles in 90 minutes. Then later in the day I walked for 30 minutes. My glutes are still sore from doing X-Train legs on Saturday :eek: I think I may need to look at doing Rock Bottoms too!

Stacy-The rear delt bonus workout is very good.

Hope everyone has a great week! Have a great trip Toni!

Judy

OK - I did Double Shot Wednesday (or whatever it is called). WOW. 70 minutes kick Boxing plus Xtrain Cardio Legs. Rock Bottoms is TOUGH.
Then UY arrived in the post, and since I had to wait in for a phone call, I decided to preview the Cross Train disc. I think it's tougher than the other workouts I did today! I'm hoping it'll help my hip flexors. And those yoga push ups? HA. But thank you for recommending it Stacy!
I may have to go and have a long hot soak.....

Today I did UY workout #5 called Balance. This the first one that didnt give me that "worked out" feeling afterwards. It moved a bit slower and as the name says its focus was Balance, so it's possible that I spent most of my time wobbling and falling on my a** that's why I wasnt working up much of a sweat ;)

Speaking of my a**, OMG, the post-300-walking-lunges-DOMS are in full effect!

Hi

I hope you don't mind me joining you all. I'm presently on the three month X train rotation. I'm on the fourth week. I was supposed to do AOLIHIIT today but subbed with to the max.

I've also got the ultimate yogi set but I haven't done all of them yet. I would love to do them with this x train rotation, but I don't know if it would be too much. We'll see, I may try it for a week.

Laura

Hi Laura!

I just completed LBB, I must confess I did skip the floor work (and I got to skip the Barre work b/c Cathe said to in the rotation, hehe). I have some work to do on this one! I did what I could but had trouble completing all the lunges, and disc work! I finished off with some ab work.

I'm thinking of giving the legs a bit of a rest tomorrow and doing CTX Upper Body.

Now off to do yard work, which is more leg work in disguise!

Hi Laura. I've just started UY too - Cardio today. Cross Train I found surprising tough yesterday. I'll never think of yoga as an easy option again!!!

Today's Rock Bottoms was somewhat easier than yesterday's - BBW plus 400(!) walking lunges, and I'm supposed to do 40 minutes interval running, but since I walked the doggies at top speed, and I'm doing UY Cardio, I figure that'll do. ;)
I have to say that the rotation is certainly working - my bum is solid! Perhaps even somewhat bigger :confused:
I'd love a rotation geared more towards the legs, especially abductor/adductor (ie saddlebags and inner thighs), rather than glutes and quads. Any ideas for the best w/o to tackle these?

Justine

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all having a good week in terms managing time to meet all tasks on your to do list (not just fitness ones :rolleyes:).

Monday: TTM, wanted to add squat rack but could not do to busy schedule
Tuesday: supercut extreme, this was tough---The last 8 round of push up combined with sit up felt gruelling. This is something I want to work on. I can do it but not at cathe's and crew speed.:( Well I need to work on my speed!

Tomorrow it is day for for Burn set chest plus triceps, depending how I feel early morning I will add squat rack ;-)

To justine: i have just read your post below... oh boy you are making jump a week early on this infamous rotation lol... I want my "soon to be walnut cracker" to get bigger too:eek::D:D but a good bubble one! i am quite happy with the one i have but I want to build a little bit :D:D:D

As to specific rotation for legs, I personally do not recall any on my mind. A combination of lifting: lunges, deadlift and squat are classical must do IMO. Front squat hit outer thigh (target large legs muscles) and barre (hit small problems area abductors - outer thigh) Adductors - Inner thigh plie squat, slide and glide is a sneaky to try out if you have not yet ;-)
lifting has gotten rid of saddles yuk...:eek::eek:
Plyo and Hiit have worked for me. You will need to try and monitor to know what work the best.
==========================================================
Justine said " I have to say that the rotation is certainly working - my bum is solid! Perhaps even somewhat bigger
I'd love a rotation geared more towards the legs, especially abductor/adductor (ie saddlebags and inner thighs), rather than glutes and quads. Any ideas for the best w/o to tackle these?"

Justine
==========================================================

To stacy: Sorry to hear jump jacks are bothering your knees. Feel free to modify. I suggest you add glutamine supplement to support your joint if you are not having any.Well done on afterburn. It's definitely a tough cookie! I need to revisit and master that one ;-)

To irongrl: so glad you to hear you starting Rock Bottom rotation too :):)

Pippadog : Thanks for joining us---Hope you like TTM. I am an absolute TTM and cross fire lover aka "intensity Junkie".

Ladies I have read your post on UY. i will need to google it and check it out.:cool::cool:

I will report the week end.
I am getting ready to start rock bottom rotation next week. I am excited:D

All the best everyone,

Just finished yard work aka "Garden Squats"!

Justine, how did UY Cardio go? If you haven't done it yet, if you can make it past the first 30 minutes, the final 30 minutes is alot easier. I think the best dvds I have that work the ab- and ad- ductors are Turbo Barre, Margaret Richards Home Improvement, the floor work from Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout and Tonique Mat. To save my knees a bit I was thinking of maxing out the walking lunges with 200 and doing them with weights in my hands or maybe my weighted gloves and then adding in ab/ad ductor work in place of the other walking lunges. But honestly for me I get better results in these problem areas by cutting back on sugar/flour.

I just got Mindy Mylrea's new Intensity Overload No Equipment Required in the mail today. I previewed it, looks like a keeper! There's 6 ten minute tabata/HiiT style interval segments. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the thigh suggestions - I like the idea of Slide and Glide and Turbo barre (I'm slowly getting better at the barre stuff). Karen Voight I haven't done for an age! Will check it out. And I've never heard of Margaret Richards. So much to learn!!!! I'm already sugar / refined carb - free, and I don't really want to lose any weight, just keep improving tone - as soon as I focus on one bit, I think another looks horrid.
As for UY cardio - I never thought I'd make it. Thank goodness the second half is gentler. I was dripping. And I didn't manage all 10 what-do-you-call-ems. I'm going to do the 108 days alongside STS when I start that. I think they'll go well together. A bit like kick boxing, which I think releases muscles which have been under tension.
Love the idea of 'garden squats'!
Justine

Hi All,

This morning I did a Spinervals 29.0 "Dropping the Hammer", and I did Xtrain Bi's & Tri's with Core 2 after work. I was able to go up in some of my weights too:). I am kind of wiped out, but glad I got the second workout in.
I had wanted to do an outdoor run/walk, but the weather didn't cooperate. Looks like tomorrow may be another indoor workout day.

Laura-I've been doing the Xtrain workouts too, they are awesome:)

Stacy & Justine-Wow, 300-400 walking lunges :eek: I'm getting DOMS just reading about your workouts! Way to go! I hope I can work up to doing that many.
I really like the idea of a rotation geared toward legs too.

Nathalie-thanks for the great tips! You always post such good advice, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Judy

Checking in very quickly - managed 5miles + Plyo legs all before 8am! Am back late tonight, but will attempt UY Strength HA!;)
Everyone sounds as though they're doing really well
Justine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.