feel fit wear distracting

All of my workout gear comes from Target. It wears really well!

On Lululemon, I know there is a cult following for this workout wear, but its more than a little overpriced for the quality. Maybe I had a bad experience, but to spend almost $100 on a pair of workout pants, they better be outstanding. The pair I have are not much better than the pair I bought at Old Navy for $15!!

I love Target too! I'm not going to lie, I have an addiction to designer labels :eek: but, Target is my go to label for casual clothing.

I'm thinking about joining a local yoga class and am considering a pair of Lululemon just because it's the "in" thing to do. I know, but I'm a sucker for fashion trends.

I like cargo capri's, but for some reason I can't stand the look of denim capri's. They look like mom jeans to me. Sorry, I can't help it!!! I think it's because of how the local women in my area wear them. I would rather see a pair of rolled up jean shorts that hit right above the knee.

alexanderwang.jpg

OMG! I used to teach aerobics in the '80's and had a shimmery silver one-piece body suit that I would "dress up" with a pink or blue exercise thong. How distracting was that??? (Hmmm... maybe not so much when everyone else was dressed the same way.) Scary workout clothes flashback for sure. Now I wear a tank top and shorts. Safe choices.

How can you not love the flashy look of the 80's?! LOL Don't forget the big hair and scrunchies!:D:D:D
We were styling in the 80's!:p

I confess I went to the Luluemon website this morning and...sure enough...there IS a bra called the "Ta Ta Tamer".

I would buy one...just for the sheer hysterical giggles I'd get from being able to say Ta Ta Tamer..:p..but not for $58....

All this being said about my 20 year old paint spattered leggings, etc. I think if you are a professional and you are instructing, or otherwise going out in public in your workout duds then you deserve cute clothes.

If you've got the $$ for them then more power to you! :D

The Ta Ta Tamer? LOL. In discussing the 80s workout fashions, I don't believe anyone mentioned leg warmers!! :eek: Surely you wore leg warmers with your shiny bodysuit & thong get-ups, didn't you?! LOL :p And yes... if I were an athletic instructor, I would absolutely dress the part. ;)

The Ta Ta Tamer? LOL. In discussing the 80s workout fashions, I don't believe anyone mentioned leg warmers!! :eek: Surely you wore leg warmers with your shiny bodysuit & thong get-ups, didn't you?! LOL :p And yes... if I were an athletic instructor, I would absolutely dress the part. ;)

Guilty as charged. :eek: Had my Reebok aerobic shoes, too.

Whoa....flashback! I had pink hightop Reeboks. I had completely forgotten about those! And I did my *cringes* Jane Fonda audio tape on my little pink boom-box.....oh Man! :eek: the horror! LOL!

YES!! YES!! I had a pair of white leg warmers and a pair of black ones. Matched them to my thongs and sash. :)

Stebby

I like to look at and judge (!) the clothes in Cathe´s videos! I generally like them but have always REALLY disliked those pea-soup colored outfits in STS. Every time I see those I wonder what were they thinking choosing that color :eek:

My workout clothes of choice are Nike and Champion.

Had to chime in about lululemon - yes, most of their stuff is overpriced and quality is mixed. But as a tall hourglass shape (ok, naturally a pear shape but Cathe has slimmed my lower half and built up my shoulders :) ), I find their clothes flattering and long enough to keep my tummy covered.

Have to rave about their sunblocker running line, which includes lightweight high necked and long sleeved tops/jackets that keep you cool and protected from sunburn. Definitely worth a splurge if you're outdoors in hot weather often, and perfect for travel.
I avoid their famous luon stuff though since it pills and picks up pet hair like crazy - not acceptable at that price point.

Have you ladies heard of Zella? Super cute stuff, better quality than lulu and a bit cheaper, especially on sale. It's available at Nordstroms.

Too funny! I had one purple and one pink body suit and I used to dress them up with a black exercise thong too! As well as the sash! I remember it took several minutes to get dressed in all of that and be satisfied with my appearance. But yeah, fortunately everyone else was dressed the same way. And even more fortunately, I don't think there are any photos of me with one of those outfits on.

Stebby

Oh the good old days--I actually had one of those thong bodysuits kind of like what Cathe wore in PowerMax. Pair it w/some scrunchy socks & a headband & you are good to go! :D

Funny, I buy very expensive workout clothes, & buy my work clothes at Old Navy. Guess you can see where my priorities are. ;) Has anyone else foolishly broken down & bought anything from Margarita and/or Hard Tail? I just can't help myself. Their stuff is beautiful. And I do go to a gym, & I'm single, so I can rationalize it LOL.

Oh, I've tried Zella too. Their stuff runs really big. Their tops are so long!

Last edited:
Laura, I bought a pair of Margarita flower power pants. I couldn't help myself, they were just too cute. The quality is top notch!

I love all those low slung yoga pants....but they disagree with my belly pooch.

My particular shape means I don't get muffin top but I do have the pooch. And honestly, even home alone, I do not like that to be visible.

But I'm on a mission and with Cathe's help I may yet have a lovely flat belly in which case :eek: :eek: I STILL won't spend $75 or $80 on a pair of pants! :p

Cute, cute patterns though on that Margarita and Hard Tail stuff.

I remember I did actually go to a gym wearing a shiny spandex unitard thing...it had legs (probably stirrups if we're going all out confessional).

But I was in my early 20's then - the years I racked up a large number of bad, bad, bad choices.....

This thread has become a real blast!

Last edited:
I've read in many different places that you feel better about working out when you like how you look. So if you meet a goal, then a good treat for yourself is a new workout outfit. Even if you workout at home, it's been said that people stick with it longer if they feel good in what they're wearing.

This thread is hilarious! I'm learning so much about all of you!
I have NEVER given a thought to either the music nor the outfits Cathe and crew wear. It never even crossed my mind to think about them, much less critique them. Apparently, I am the odd one out here!
On the capri issue, I do wear them to work out and also for everyday. I have ugly legs and they are covered in varicose veins; so it's pants, capris or maxi dresses for me. And that's tough in the scorching summer heat of Houston and Dallas.
I get my clothes from Road Runner Sports or Target. I love lululemon and Athleta, but I can't bring myself to spend the money.

I can relate to the 80's workout clothes too. I had a shiny pink unitard with stirrups that I LOVED! I wore it with leg warmers and a purple thong. I really loved the 80's outfits and all the coordinating that went along with it. For a while in the early 90's everything was black and boring (even the shoes were black). Now the clothes are back to great colors and I enjoy shopping for new stuff, although I try to get stuff on sale. For the longest time I didn't buy anything too expensive, but I finally caved on a pair of yoga pants from Athleta and I'm completely sold. I love their clothes for the most part. I'm now up to about 5 pairs of yoga pants, 4 pairs of yoga shorts (same fabric as the pants which I love) and a multitude of different tops in colors (so many cool colors!) and styles. Even though I work out at home, but I do walk around the neighborhood too, I like looking fairly coordinated and put together. Picking my outfit is part of the workout experience.

Fun thread!

Kim

This thread is hilarious! I'm learning so much about all of you!
I have NEVER given a thought to either the music nor the outfits Cathe and crew wear. It never even crossed my mind to think about them, much less critique them. Apparently, I am the odd one out here!

Natalie,
You're not the odd one out here at all. I never think about the music or clothes. Usually I'm working too hard or concentrating too much to even pay attention to the music. The clothes, well, I'm way too busy looking at everyone's muscles and trying to convince myself I have a body like that. :eek:

I LOVE the FeelFitWear outfits! I think they look great on Cathe & everyone else in the workouts. I also think the capris are flattering. I liked the sash outfits too from DM & LIC.

If you want to see really distracting, unflattering outfits, check out Kelly Coffey Meyer in her LIFT workout. Here's the clip.

Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness: L.I.F.T.

Kelly is a very pretty woman with a great body, but that outfit is yuck & does her no favors.

Personally, I love wearing capris. I think they are a great in-between length for summer & spring. More formal than shorts, cooler than pants. WHBM has really cutes ones. :D

I've read in many different places that you feel better about working out when you like how you look. So if you meet a goal, then a good treat for yourself is a new workout outfit. Even if you workout at home, it's been said that people stick with it longer if they feel good in what they're wearing.

I believe this to be true. Sometimes I like a new workout outfit, but I don't dress up everyday to workout. The big deal for me is putting on my workout shoes first thing in the morning. That is what puts me in the right frame of mind.
I don't critique what Cathe or crew are wearing though. I have noticed certain workout outfits that are over the top...Chalene Johnson comes to mind, she cracks me up.:D

I believe this to be true. Sometimes I like a new workout outfit, but I don't dress up everyday to workout. The big deal for me is putting on my workout shoes first thing in the morning. That is what puts me in the right frame of mind.
I don't critique what Cathe or crew are wearing though. I have noticed certain workout outfits that are over the top...Chalene Johnson comes to mind, she cracks me up.:D

OMG! She is the queen of over the top outfits--especially on the workouts that she produces. Even the videos she puts out promoting her self help stuff...Can't she afford a better stylist than the salesperson at the Justice preteen store?? :p

Personally, I love wearing capris. I think they are a great in-between length for summer & spring. More formal than shorts, cooler than pants. WHBM has really cutes ones. :D
Agree with you on the formality of capris vs. shorts. WHBM is primarily where I shop. I just love their clothes! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.