Favorite Kettlebell DVDs?

catwoman7631

Cathlete
I have a couple of kettlebells I rarely use. My past experience using them came from doing DVDs from Jillian and Bob Harper, and that was ages ago. Today I tried Barre Bell HiiT from Linda Wooldridge and had such fun using my kettlebells again. So...any recommendations for some really good kettlebell DVDs?? Go!

Glad to hear you like Linda's KB workout. I have that one, haven't tried it yet. So, now, good things lie ahead!

Paul Katami takes an innovative circuits approach with the kb that many people like. He has about 4 or 5 different workouts you could look at. Clips on Mary's site help.

--KB Drills
--KB Combos
--KB Konnect
--KB Krush
--Burn & Build

Clare

Not a DVD but I like the LadyBells youtube channel quite a bit & have used my KettleBell Trainer on youtube. I also use Amy Dixon on fitnessGlo (it is streaming though).
I mostly make my own routines (moreso for finishers than anything) for KB as I find much of the instruction presented is often a bit fast for me. I also like traditional KB rather than more 'contemporary' stuff. I took in some clinics years back (really helped with unilateral strength & joint stability) & I go every 6-7 months or so to keep my execution as clean as I can. Love to hear suggestions here from Cathletes! Thanks for making the thread Jodi.

Steve Cotter has a DVD program which most folks I know say is excellent. I have yet to try it out. Anyone try this one?

My kettlebell background: I like non-traditional kettlebell work ; I find the "classical kettlebells" boring.
So if you are like me, I recommend Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Slim Sculpting DVD. It uses 1, 15-pound kettlebell. The workouts are fun, safe and I love the music. It is filmed in Cathe's studio. Great premixes, as usual.
I like Paul Katami's Kettlebell Drills and Kettlebell Kombos, too. I have Burn & Build , but don't use it as often because it uses a high step which I do not have. Paul has a nice demeanor - actually, he is the only male trainer I've ever kept in my rotation ;) But the music in Paul's videos is non-existent so the fun factor can't compare to KCM Slim Scultping.
I've tried Jillian's kettlebell workout and find some moves are very unsafe.
I'm eyeing Amy Dixon's Raise Some Bell but did not buy it yet (I purchase 1 workout per month, and in April Cathe's Chisel Lower Body Blast won over Amy D)
I did not like Amy Bento's kettlebell workout which uses 1 small and 1 heavier bell. I like Amy Bento, but not this workout and got rid of it.
Hope this helps ;)

I have a couple of kettlebells I rarely use. My past experience using them came from doing DVDs from Jillian and Bob Harper, and that was ages ago. Today I tried Barre Bell HiiT from Linda Wooldridge and had such fun using my kettlebells again. So...any recommendations for some really good kettlebell DVDs?? Go!

Hi Jodi,

I would recommend the one containing tutorial including forms, pointers, tips and techniques.
I would rather play safe than sorry.

Based on past thread below, I would recommend Michael skogg, I liked this very much.
Also Anthony AOS. Both knows their stuff:):)
These are not fusion programs, compared to what Linda woolridge and other instructors are offering but at least they contain
Safety instructions. I like both Michael and Anthony cause they have passed form and pointers
test.;):)

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/kettlebell-workout.295718/#post-2230761

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/paul-katami-bob-harper-for-kettlebell-workout.293624/

Happy shopping.

Last edited:
Thanks Jodi for raising this thread. I manage to found some instruction from a traditional KB expert.
It is for some of us who want to learn techniques. Pavel is a one of the best known name in kb world.

Lauren Brooks has excellent DVDs as well as progressive programs ( Be S.L.A.M. -strong like a Mother) for those interested in strength training with Kettlebells. She is a StrongFirst Kettlebell Instructor (SFG) Team Leader, Certified Clinical Nutritionist, and has a degree in Kinesiology. Her website, OnTheEdgeFitness lists all her DVDs as other services she provides, My favorite Lauren dvds are Shut Up and Train - (6 short workouts that can be add-ons ) and The Kettlebell Body, which is much like AOS's Providence

Geoff Neupert, has a few great programs. He's a great instructor, knows how to put a KB program together. Finished one of his programs, a few weeks ago. They are paper programs, but, I believe he has a few tutorial dvds.

I like Art of Strength (AOS) Newport (Anthony is not too hard to look at lol) as well as Dasha's Kettlebell Kickboxing series (the first one). I didn't really "bond" with Lauren Brooks for some reason - i only have her Kettlebell Lightening DVD but she is a very good instructor and maintains good form.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.