Favorite fragrance

nancy324

Cathlete
I'm a fragrance nut, but very fickle, so I don't have a favorite, just a current addiction. At the moment, it's something called Pure Poison by Christian Dior that they sprayed me with at Bloomingdales.

What's your favorite?

I have more than one favorite, although I am very picky also as most fragrances make me sneeze. But here goes:

Coco Mademoiselle
DKNY Be Delicious

I just bought my neice Liz Claiborne Curve for Christmas which I would like to try myself. Very clean smelling.

:D Nicole

I like both of those fragrances, Nicole. Have you ever tried DKNY cashmere mist? It's too light to wear, but I use it to scent my linens. It's delicious.

Ohhhhh I love Pure Poison...................and always love the reaction, when people ask me what purfume Im wearing and I say "POISON"........gets a few strange looks that answer if there not familiar with the fragrane.

I wear Pure Poison at night when Im going out - bit strong for day wear

Ive also have a small bottle of Red Door by Elizabeth Arden which is day wear for me.

I change purfumes depending on my mood I think

Some of the "celebratity" fragrances are so "over the top" expensive and NOT always the best smell.

Marion

:)

Scent your linens? You must have a lot of time on your hands. LOL!

Just joking with ya! I would like to do some of these niceties. I just never think of them.:)

Marla

Miracle by Lancome,
Chic by Carolina Herrera
Paris by YSL

I'm not much into experimenting. Rather have a signature scent and now I have three signatures!

Clare

Happy by Clinique
Happy Heart by Clinique
Jadore(I can only get it at Dillards)
I smelled some perfume by Gevenchy(sp?) yesterday...it was pink...I don't know the name.
I LOVE perfume and lotions.
O yea:
White Tea & Ginger spray and lotion from Bath & Body Works.
I told my husband...if ever in doubt about a gift for me just pick up some lotion or perfume...tee hee.
Angela:7

I love Happy by Clinique too. It's got a scent of Jasmine, which is one of my favorite scents in the world. (My favorite kind of rice, too - but I don't eat it anymore because it's white).
I also like Red Jeans by Versace. I used to wear Poison a long time ago - but it was just "Poison", not "Pure Poison". Don't think I've ever even smelled that one.

I really don't ever wear it perfume, though. I always forget about it. Plus there are a few women I work with that wear very strong perfume and it makes me gag. I don't want to be one of "THOSE women".

I'm EXTREMELY picky about perfumes. I HATE those strong scented ones a la Calvin Klein and the rest of the designer perfumes. Can't STAND Chanel of any kind. Here's what I wear the most:

Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Kenzo (the leaf shaped bottle)
Heavenly by Victoria's Secret

I tried wearing Happy by Clinique. Loved it But after about a week, I noticed a rash all over my chest. I gave the bottle away. I tried it again about a year later - same reaction. Damn!

It seems that just about any fragrance I try ends up doing that to my chest - or whatever body part I spray or dab - haha. Sigh.

Susan L.G.

If anything I wear scented lotions-now is vanilla bean from Bath and Body(I think). Unfortunately, I can only wear them on the weekends. My chest is in peoples faces at work (I'm a dental hygienist) and I don't want anyone to smell too much of me-good or bad!;)

I love Dune by Dior, Liz Claiborne's signature scent, and the one that gets me the most compliments--even by strangers on the street--is Clinque's Aromatics Elixer. That reminds me, I have to ask Santa for a new bottle!

Mine for a long time has been Lancome Tresor. I love the new "light" Tresor that just came out. The Eau De Toillette Tresor.

My other favorite is Gucci Rush 2. YUM!!

:)

In general, I don't like perfume because it smells artificial or to strong, but I used to like Cher's "uninhibited." I also have some wild banana/vanilla body spray from the health food store that I like. Othewise, I just go "au naturel!"

Right now I am wearing Grapefruit by Jo Malone. I get a lot of compliments. It's very light and fresh.

I want Marc Jacobs Blush, Ralph Lauren Romance, and DKNY Be Delicious.

Lori

I have become friends with some chemically sensitive people, and now I notice just how many perfume clouds I have to pass through in public places, even when I'm running in the park, I notice some people leave a trail of perfume!!

I don't wear perfume, but I do like the Body Shop essential oil fragrance called Satsuma. It's like a light citrus. I also like to smell balsam fir essential oil. Sometimes I put a drop or two into my heat registers.

I just want to mention that there are people out there who get migraines and such from artifical perfume chemicals, and most of the ones in department stores and such are artificial. It's just another "health" thing to be aware of, and another way for healthy people to try to ruin everyone's fun, like by being thin and fit. I just want to mention it, I don't want to try to change anybody's behavior, because that would be "itchin' for a fight".

For everyday, I like something either citrusy or with an element of citrus in it. It energizes me. I like grapefruit based scents and for something special I like Romance, Tender Notes (Limited Edition, Pink) by Ralph Lauren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.