Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Ooh, LOVE bourbon. Have fun!
Fri & Sat have been rest days for me.
Jari Love probably has a similar legendary following as Cathe. Her workouts to me are just an intense although quite different. They are all quite high rep. Higher rep than Cathe's high rep. They always burn out my biceps. She may have been the first notable person to do interval with weights workouts.The quality production though is not as high as Cathe and her form while usually good, isn't as good as Cathe's. Doesn't even come close really. She is sweet and campy but not over talkative. Her workouts are serious, although she has some what would term unhealthy opinions about diet. Terri Walsh is probably too different to compare to Cathe. I find they are good for rehab. I don't think I will be continuing with her though cause the streaming doesn't really work well from vimeo.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! :)

Today, Cathe LIS Lower Body tri-sets plus a short Jari Love shoulder segment. Really have to work on those weak shoulders of mine, but can only go in segments these days. Then, this evening some stability ball mobility work with added inner thighs.
This weekend has gone by so quickly it seems.

Hi Ladies, I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I spent sat cleaning the house, and sunday I raked leaves. I lead such an exciting life, lol.
Today I did CSS with the step premix added on, and RWH abs 2. Usually this w/o is an easy one for me but today I was really feeling it. Tomorrow will be yoga.

I like CSS a lot too Katie. It packs a bit of a punch that's for sure.

I went on a leisurely walk today as it was the first day without grey skies for some time. I just did some band pull downs when I got home. My hamstrings are so, so tight and sore from LIS LB Trisets. Holy Moly!!

Today I went to a yoga class, the instructor took a slow pace in class so we could concentrate on form. It was such a nice change of pace from the norm, I left feeling refreshed and exhausted. It is amazing how holding poses long can work you so hard. Most importantly, I left with no back pain!!
Elsie, I haven't done LIS TB trisets in awhile, maybe I'll try that next week. The LIS is my favorite of cathe's w/o's, I like the fact that I work hard, but there is no dread factor (well maybe just a little with afterburn). I hope you hamstrings feel better tomorrow, I usually feel the DOMS 2 days after the w/o.
I ordered some essential oils yesterday to help me with my menopausal issues, crossing my fingers that they help. I have been feeling a little better, I started using my progesterone cream again and that seems to help.
HAve a great day.

Yay!! to no back pain Katie. :) So sorry menopause is being tough on your body. Did you order clary sage eo? My Mom really liked this one. I mixed it with myrtle eo (good for sinus and headaches) and rubbed it (diluted in sunflower oil) along the hairline and (she did) in the middle of the chest. You can also get the hydrosol of clary sage which is great to spritz for hot flashes. I even use it to make lotions etc. It's great for the skin. This isn't where I have gotten mine in the past (I get it from a local grower), but here is a link just the same. You might just find it more locally too though. http://www.sophiasgardenherbs.com/products/biodynamic-hydrosols/clary-sage-biodynamic-hydrosol/

Yesterday was an unexpected rest day. I was feeling sore from prior workout and trying to play sports on top of it. lol.
Today I did yoga. An excellent shoulder opening class on youtube and worked on some back resistance tubing exercises. Feeling better!! :)

Elsie, I did order the clary sage oil, I also ordered peppermint for headaches. My friend has had a lot of luck with peppermint for her sinus headaches. How do you make your lotions?
Today I did great glutes extreme, always a killer!
We are going to Charlottesville VA this weekend, both of my sons and there girlfriends are meeting us there. We are going to look at venues for my son's rehearsal dinner. My oldest son will not be able to get home for thanksgiving so he is going to drive there (about an hour drive) so that we can spend some time together.
Have a nice weekend.

Your weekend plans sound wonderful!!
As for how I make my lotions, I do not really follow any instructions, lol, just use what I have, add oils etc. that I like & what my skin is needing and there you have it. I do like apricot seed butter lately as my base as my skin starts to look thinner/aging.

Been not having the most successful training schedule the past couple of days due to sleep deprivation. Today, I did Time Saver Step from Cardio & Weights. Not the easiest for me, but I sure had fun!!! Have yoga on deck for this evening (I'm hoping).

Went to bed early last night, no yoga.

Today, short yoga segment, a Amy Dixon kettlebell workout that was mainly metabolic with great standing abs (I hate doing abs lately) & I added on some heavy bicep work.

Hope you all are having a really nice weekend!

My own checkin is kind of dead, so I hope you don't mind that I post here. Katie, what kind of knee brace do you wear? I wear a McDavid, and it is very good, and it even allows me to run every third day. I used to run too much, 55 miles a week and I even did the NYC Marathon about 8 years ago. I did a premix of Lowmax today and the legs from High Reps.

Hey there Caitlin! *waves* I'm relatively new to this check-in ..... a few months maybe. :)

Tonight, I did an anatomy & twists focused yoga practice for nearly an hour. I got a little nauseous in the middle.

Hi all, sorry for being MIA... I did my workouts but was just too busy checking in. Will try to be more consistent.
I did the legs circuit from ripped with hiit minus the high impact stuff today.

I was on a check in like this one for a long time until it finally died. Now my regular checkin Taking It to the Max has me as the last poster. I am supposed to run today and do my upper body. Thank you for letting me post.

Today was xtrain c,b,sh, it is hard to get motivated to work out after taking a few days off.
WE had a lovely, but expensive weekend seeing our boys and their girlfriends!! Planning rehearsal dinners and weddings are ridiculously expensive! It is no wonder the grooms parents don't want to pay for the wedding, this rehearsal dinner is going to cost me a fortune!! My future daughter-in-law wants to invite 75 people just to this event. She grew up with money so she doesn't understand why this is unacceptable to us.
Caitlin, I use a velco strapped kneepad, not so much a brace. It seems to work for me, and it padded for when I am kneeling. A sturdier one would probably be better for me, but since I don't run or do high impact anymore this one seems to work.
Elsie, what was the name of the yoga anatomy with twists w/o called that you did? It sounds interesting, and something I would probably enjoy.

I understand now. I still run, do high impact, but when I do step I try to avoid jumping on the step, as I am not up to it yet. My knee is not my only physical challenge, but, I am very busty, 34DD only 5'1" and around 120, and the weight of them harmed my back over the years, and I have herniated and bulging discs from my neck to my waist. I wear an Enell bra that stops the bounce. Running outside in my area has its challenges, as I am running uphill, downhill and all over broken concrete. I did run the NYC marathon about 8 years ago, so I can't give up running. I am not a nurse or doctor, but, Elsie, if you get nauseous, did you take a break in the middle?

Katie, it was by Shannon Paige called Write your own Story (I think). I am doing the almost free Gaiam TV trial. She's excellent. Felt like I was in a class. Caitlin, yes. I took a long break. :) I think it's where I have been overtired lately so having my chest go below my waistline makes me feel a little off. Wow, congrats on your marathon running!!

Today is a rest day for me.

I did my workouts but was just too busy checking in.
Hey - we miss you but good on you for sticking to your goals! That's great.

My shower is broken, and my neighbor made me take a shower this morning. I could not do any cardio at all, but I did my lower body. My beloved boyfriend Frank is upstate near Catstill in the hospital with Lyme disease, so I am leaving on the 19th and staying there ten days. By January, I hope, I will move in with him. My friend and neighbor Bill said it would fixed when I am gone.

Caitlin, sending you bf get better vibes! Sounds terrible. :( Sounds like you have really sweet neighbours.

Today, I did FitnessBlender 50 min Upper Body Supersets & added in a quickie of two sets of elevated rocking Lunges. Then, we lost our power due to a wind storm!!

Caitlin, broken shower is a drag! How nice you got to use the neighbor's shower!

My car battery died for the second time in a month. Dh got me a new one and in time for me to keep my appointment with the acupuncturist, yay!

No power is no fun either... Seems like we all have things breaking down....lol

Workout was treadmill the last two days.

Well he did not get home in time for me to use his shower, so I put towels on the kitchen floor, shaved my legs, and washed my long hair, What a drag! I only did arms today, and I am leaving tomorrow to visit Frank. He is still in the hospital. Oh, the water was cold too. I hate where I live. I will be so happy to get out of here when I move in with Frank in Catskill, NY. I have to look for gyms there. I bet they are cheap. I am leaving tomorrow, and not coming home until the 30th. Since I am not moving furniture, only a makeup table and bench and computer center, I had a pretty good price for the move.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.