Dorky confession time!

I'm a dork because my kitchen is decorated in a retro "Swedish Pancake House" them and I even have dancing Swedes on my curtains, along with all kinds of Swedish tiles, potholders, and magnets on my fridge saying "Kiss the Cook, She's Swedish" and "Uff da!" Luckily DH rolls with anything and is fine with it, LOL.

I also love watching The Jeffersons. :)

So, it's not just me? My Aussie Tucker was Tuckerboo (or ironically enough - The Boo). He was also Fatso (I got a "talking-to" by one of our search trainers that I should not insult him :rolleyes:), Handsome and Boyfriend (which caused no small amount of laughter when someone thought I was called my search sponsor Gordon, who is married, "Boyfriend"). Jimmy is Bubby Dog and gets called Bubbers, The Bubby Dog and Bubby-Bubby-Bubby Dog. He is also Goofdog, Furbutt, and Furface. I even sing to him (I sang to Tucker too - and my kids who think I'm about the weirdest person on earth - whether or not that's okay depends on the day).

OMG! at least I am among the best dorks on the forum! I (and when I say I - I really mean both DH and I!) have so many pet names for our Aussie furbaby: her "given name" Gracy, promptly changed to Zoe when she was 8 weeks old and she picked me to be her non-fur mommy! When her non-fur daddy came home, she couldn't stop licking him, and now that is a regular 10 minute saga each and every time we walk in the door, whether it has been 4 hours or 4 minutes... lick, around the legs, lick ears, around the legs, lick face, through the legs, lick some more! Thus giving her the knickname Licky. and my mom used to call us girls Missy when we were kids, so we also call her Missy... which turned in to Missy Lou, Lou Lou, Lou Lou Belle, Licky Lou, Lou, Trouble, and Chubby...

However, I DON'T like Howard Stern... apparently I'm in the dork minority!

Yes, yes, and don't forget Some Kind of Wonderful!! LOVE the '80's movies!!

YES...Some Kind of Wonderful!!!! Great movie....i thought of another one, Teen Wolf oh and Fast Times At Ridgemount high...OMG Sean Penn was Hilarious in that one!(mmmmm,i need to buy that one:D)

Kathryn, we just rented that Simpsons episode last week and showed it to the kids! And I forgot about The Jerk..."I'm picking out a thermos for you...."

And to Nan: "Inconceivable!!!"

Here goes: when I'm working out I put on cute outfits and act like I'm being taped just like the ladies in the video.....when I'm cooking I give a play by play of what I'm dong as if I was on a cooking show....when I'm cleaning I act like I'm on a reality TV cleaning show where I challenge myself to get things done by a certain time and I take breaks and act like I'm in the "diary room" where I explain my cleaning strategy and how I plan on winning the top prize.....on Sunday's I make every effort not to leave the house and watch lifetime TV all day, especially love it when they do a marathon of movies about woman taking down their cheating husbands.......nobody knows this stuff about me......I hope there is at least one other person that does at least one of these things! :confused:

Here goes: when I'm working out I put on cute outfits and act like I'm being taped just like the ladies in the video.....when I'm cooking I give a play by play of what I'm dong as if I was on a cooking show....when I'm cleaning I act like I'm on a reality TV cleaning show where I challenge myself to get things done by a certain time and I take breaks and act like I'm in the "diary room" where I explain my cleaning strategy and how I plan on winning the top prize.....on Sunday's I make every effort not to leave the house and watch lifetime TV all day, especially love it when they do a marathon of movies about woman taking down their cheating husbands.......nobody knows this stuff about me......I hope there is at least one other person that does at least one of these things! :confused:

this is the best one yet!!!

OMG,that is hilarious! I admit that i do the 'workout and pretend im being taped' thing too:eek: or sometimes i'll pretend that im the instuctor...instructing a class:eek:. Sometimes when im cooking i'll pretend that im on a cooking show demonstrating how to cook it:eek:....
i guess im that 'one person' that does this too" :eek:

Thanks Amelia for being my "one other person". I guess we just like to make everythings a little more fun. Either that or we were ment to be in a reality TV show!:D

I love those movies too! They are fun and make you feel good! (Pretty in Pink, Terms of Endearment, Big, Splash, Working Girl... even Flashdance!)

SIXTEEN CANDLES!!! The sister's wedding... The muscle relaxers. That chick should have been nominated for an Oscar. One of the funniest scenes EVER!

I sing to my cats. Drives 'em nuts. Like, I'll sing to Tangee "Hey, Mister Tangerine man..." instead of "Tambourine man." Oh, and I often meow to the tune of Beethoven's 8th just for sh*ts and giggles. They are sooooo not impressed.

Last edited:
Thanks Amelia for being my "one other person". I guess we just like to make everythings a little more fun. Either that or we were ment to be in a reality TV show!:D

your welcome! if im not making a goofball out of myself then my day is just not complete:D.

Here goes: when I'm working out I put on cute outfits and act like I'm being taped just like the ladies in the video.....when I'm cooking I give a play by play of what I'm dong as if I was on a cooking show....

That is TOO FUNNY. And I join you occasionally...especially in the kitchen!

Not that I think it makes me a dork - but I listen to Howard every day as well. I work from home and listening to him everyday really helps me get through some of the longer days. He is an amazing interviewer - and man on Sirius - he hasnt ever been better!!!

As far as truly dorky stuff - my kids and I are and just silly with our pets - they all have about 15 names they go by and we are constantly talking silly to them and about them. For example - Snoop Dogg has gone from Puggles, the boo, the poo, the fat boy, puggle-wuggle-woo. The boo seems to be the one that he gets called the most now...

My son just laughed at me the other day when I was trying to describe when I took our kitten in to the vet for the first time - I was like - "What are we going to list as her official name?" and we werent sure. LOL She started as Kitten Mitten (she is all black and has no mittens - go figure) - then Ninja since she is a wild one chasing the dogs and all - then somehow it became Mitter. Which of course isnt even a word..... LOL... So I made the appt as ninja, changed it when I got there to Mitten, then when I filled out the paperwork it became Mitter... So I guess Mitter it is.... :)

I do the same thing with my pets for example my cat named Jasmin has been called Yasmin, Jazz, Jazzy, Yazmeen, zsaaz zsaaz, etc. I do the same with my dog...haha

As far as truly dorky stuff - my kids and I are and just silly with our pets - they all have about 15 names they go by and we are constantly talking silly to them and about them. For example - Snoop Dogg has gone from Puggles, the boo, the poo, the fat boy, puggle-wuggle-woo. The boo seems to be the one that he gets called the most now...

My son just laughed at me the other day when I was trying to describe when I took our kitten in to the vet for the first time - I was like - "What are we going to list as her official name?" and we werent sure. LOL She started as Kitten Mitten (she is all black and has no mittens - go figure) - then Ninja since she is a wild one chasing the dogs and all - then somehow it became Mitter. Which of course isnt even a word..... LOL... So I made the appt as ninja, changed it when I got there to Mitten, then when I filled out the paperwork it became Mitter... So I guess Mitter it is.... :)

I do the same thing with my pets for example my cat named Jasmin has been called Yasmin, Jazz, Jazzy, Yazmeen, zsaaz zsaaz, etc. I do the same with my dog...haha

Oh the name thing! I thought it was just me. I have Binky, Bootsy, Gracie, Tangee (Tangerine), and Prissy (Priscilla Puss-Puss).

Binky's names are Binky Boo, Slinky Boo, The Slinkster, Boo Boo, Mommie's First Kitty (guaranteed to make the tip of her tail move because she's very proud of her stature but likes to be reminded I know), My-grapefruit-eyed-girl-with-the-glossy-coat (she is in fact a grapefruit-eyed glossy calico and she was the first kitty I got).

Bootsy started off as Bootsy Collins, then she became Bootsy Roo, Roo Roo and Roo Puss. She's a fluffy gray and white girl with whiskers twice as long as they should be and she flirts.

Gracie is a gentle fluffy Main Coon type (my avatar) with huge sea green eyes and the most annoying meow, ever. She became Gracie Mae, Mae Mae, Mommie's Sea Lion (She's huge and looks like a big old sea lion when she lays down and puts her tummy up) and, sometimes, "Mommie's Little Horsey" because she does this little jump like a horse.

Tangerine is Tangee, Orange Glow, "My long, lean thexy (never sexy) boy", Devil Cat (for real), My Little Lion, My Little Puma, Beeps & Squeaks (he does that when he sleeps)... He's a slave to the lazer pointer.

Prissy is a tortoisehell who looks like she was splattered with multi-colored paint. I say to her "Mommie's little splatter-puss... she ain't no platter-puss". I also call her "My pot-bellied pig" and "My chi-hoo-uh, hoo-uh" because, in profile, she looks a bit bug-eyed like a chihauhau.

Yea, I know. Geeky to the max.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.