Did the 100!!!!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
Finished the 100 push up challenge. That is the best awfullest thing I have ever done. Can't say I'll ever do 100 again in one group of my own free will:p The 1st 50 weren't so bad. 51-85 were ROUGH, the last 15 were sheer willpower. Had to pause and hold a plank thru the last 15 a couple times. And fell into a nice splat on the ground after the last one. I wanted to do at least 1 more, but it wasn't going to happen. I think I'll continue to do a large set of pushups before every strength workout, but I don't want to do that ever again!!!

Off for disc 34 now. Chest/back. Glutton for punishment!

Nan

Hey Nan!

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!! Wow!! Are we talking "real" push-ups or the wimpy ones I do - bent knee?? Either way.... you are my hero!

I did it several years ago....

...(the 100 pushups challenge) and will probably never do it again. I proved to myself that I could do it, and why do it again?

Anyway, congratulations.....this is no small feat!

Checking in briefly & will crawl back in my hole.....bye bye.

Congratulations, Nan!!!! That's AWESOME!!! That's a tough challenge. I've done it twice and never did make it all the way to 100, but I'm pretty proud of getting to 70some push-ups. I'll probably never do it again either, but push-up will remain an important part of my fitness regimen.

Nan, WTG!!! But following that up with STS back and chest, now that's simply insanity at it's best (or would that be worst :p) Seriously though, you deserve to be proud.

I see a salt bath in your future. :D

I truly find this inspiring. I do a helluva lot of push ups (306 yesterday) - now I want to work toward doing 100 in a row. So I'll keep adding on to my starting set each time and work toward 100, and then I'll be as tough as Nan!

Wow, way to go Nan! I downloaded the plan for this a year or two ago, but never had the guts to actually follow it. Now, I'm inspired!

You are my new idol. I have a major love/hate relationship with push ups. Can't imagine doing this challenge. You totally rock.

Winter

Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment!

Did you reduce your upper body work at all while doing the pushup challenge? I tried it once and stopped when I repeated week 3 three times and it just kept getting harder and harder. I thought maybe it was overtraining from doing that and normal weight work?

I'm curious if you kept up a normal routine throughout or scaled it back?

Anyway, congrats again!!! Amazing job!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.