Daytona Trippers

I did a 2.5 mile dog walk and FT (love that w/o!).

Angela, I have a spin bike but don't recommend it :) I bought it because it was the "budget" kind (ie, cheaper since I wasn't sure I'd use it). Someone else I know (on the boards) had it too, she did tell me how it sucked only with the handlebar adjustment (and it does, ie, no adjustment). I'm 5'5" (after the doc added back the 3/4" inch back to my neck...LOL) anyways, so it doesn't "fit"me too well, but it's doable.

I'm glad to see others in same age range too, and that some modify with discs and thought about taking them. I've never been able to use my with the fabric covers (they always slide off) so I w/o on carpet so not sure how it would work on the RT, heck maybe just bring paper plates :)

Angela, as far as the reformer, maybe I said this already, I started with a budget model (do you sense a theme here?) and loved it so much I upgraded to better model after I scoured the internet for all the info I could find on what the heck they do :)

Hi All,

I did a triathlon yesterday and had a blast. I've done this particular tri several times and it's always fun. It's pretty short which is why it so fun. The longer tri's later in the summer are much more difficult.

This morning I did Bodyrock w/o, Day 16 from the 30 day challenge. They are pretty challenging circuit w/o's that I enjoy in addition to Cathe, running, tri-training.

Angela-no spin bike here, but I use my cathe downloads on my ipod and the spin bikes at the rec ctr. They are much tougher than what I would do on my own for sure.

Angela & Lisa-I've been on 2 RT's and they are super fun. Once in NJ at Cathe's gym and the other in San Diego. She had 3-5lb hand weights at each one if I recall correctly. She uses familiar choregraphy so the steps are easy to follow. We are all Cathletes, if you can't do impact then simply modify to low or no impact moves. It nice to meet so many Cathe fans, and Cathe is just so down to earth.

I'll try to check in more regularly so hopefully I'll be a bit familiar with some of you before we all meet up at the RT!:D

Diana, glad you had fun on triathlon. In which body of water do you do the swim?

I did Afterburn express pm and 21DayFix Pilates sans 5 min of floor leg work. Mostly core and planks.

I did a 2.5 mile dog walk and 60 min on the pilates reformer.

Diana, I bet that tri was the mini HAHA (I think that is the name), body of water the rec center pool? My DS and DIL have done that tri before, but they are not workout type of people so haven't continued.

Jody, you're a warrior!

Angela, do you like yoga? I've tried it, I get too antsy and I'm not very flexible :(

Hi All,

Lisa & Jody-yes, it was the Mini HaHa, 300 yards in a pool, 12 mile bike ride and 2 mile (1.8) run. I also do the Outdoor Diva's tri at Union reservoir. That one is a half mile swim, can't remember the bike, and a 5k run. To help prepare, I do the Boulder Stroke & Stride which are either a half mile or full mile (half is all I can do), and a 5k run. Lisa-I emailed you a while, hopefully we can meet up soon.

I'm going on vacation and plan on taking T25 with me and running, and playing with granddaughters! It will be non workout workouts instead of Cathe or traditional exercises.

Angela, cool yoga story.
I did IMAX2 Blast mania pm and XT BS Chest.
I'm sort of playing with this Intensity rotation but subbing XT body parts for CTX-->

CTX II
Sat. Imax II Blast Mania, CTX Chest
Sun. C&W Time Saver Step, CTX Shoulders, C&W abs
Mon. BC cardio & lower body premix, CTX Back, BC core only premix
Tue. Cardio Kicks 1st portion (up to power drills), CTX Biceps, CTX Kickbox abs
Wed. Imax II 1-5 premix, CTX Triceps
Thu. ME lower body split, PLB stability ball
Fri. Rest

I did almost 3 miles for the dog walk this morning and GG extreme (and boy was it extreme :) )

Angela, that is a great yoga story!

Diana, you're probably gone on vacay now, I did get your email, just figured to wait until after June since it seemed we are both pretty busy. I'm amazed at all the tri, etc stuff you do.

Jody, I think subbing XT would work fine for CTX. I do have CTX UB, I hope to do that tomorrow and see how my neck handles it.

I walked 2.75 miles and did CTX UB today.

Angela, I hear ya about sore legs, those calf lifts on GG bonus bar got me! OUCH as I got out of bed this morning! And I made sure to really stretch them knowing it would get me. Speaking of stretching, I've always had a hard time getting my hands around my foot in a hamstring stretch, so I got to thinking maybe it's my legs being longer in proportion to my body. So the ever faithful internet said that leg length on average is 46% of your height. So I measured mine and I'm at 47.5%, basically an inch longer, hmmmm, wonder it that extra inch makes a difference. Here's the info if you want to measure your legs :) The REAL leg percentage calculation - soompi

Just a quick checkin. I only did 2 mile dog walk and I did PRS2 step mix PM (45 min, some combos from #2 and #1), I enjoyed the mixture. I only used the step, no risers (else I might kill myself twisting and turning :) )

Angela, I have that Christi, fun! Sounds like a longish workout, good job.

Lisa, how long is that UB premix? I again subbed xt shoulders for ctx.

Friday-->I did Intensity step only, XT BS shoulders only, CW abs. I subbed Intensity step for CW step only since I didn't workout yesterday due to work.

Sat--> BC cardio and lower body pm, core only pm and XT burn sets back only.

Last edited:
I'm on vacation this week and brought t-25 with me. In addition to that, I will be spending many hours playing and chasing my grandkids! I hope to get in a few runs too, but we'll see.

I did IMAX2 1-5 PM and XT disc 2 Bi Tri and Core TS PM. I only had about 5 hours of sleep so I'm happy I mustered up a workout finally.

Diana, that is awesome to get some Shaun T in. Those look good.

Good job on workouts ladies.

Took rest day yesterday, today, 2.7 mile walk and 60 min on pilates reformer. I liked the pilates workout I did because the people in it weren't perfect or uber flexible so liked hearing teacher correct them so I could learn. I'll be taking some private pilates sessions in a couple weeks, looking forward to it.

Jody, wow, good workout on so little sleep!

Angela, sadly it alway comes down to diet for me, and I need to get better about my diet before the rt!

Diana, enjoy our beautiful mountains, I have a hike planned in a week, thinking Nederland area this time. DS did a 14er this weekend, there was lots of snow still!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Angela, good luck w/ your wt loss goals. My primary issue is how I eat, not lack of exercise.

That being said, I did ME LB only pm. I did fewer reps than cathe with the high step but did use as many risers. Also, I did some with no wt and some with double wt. Static lunges are my least fave, so I did them w/o wt to at least get through. I think they are hard for me b/c I don't stretch and my quads are really tight and they start burning 5 sec into the work. I heavied up on deadlifts. I might go for a run today later. Or walk jog thingy.

I wish I bought Terminator, it was a daily deal yesterday but I wasn't ready to spend all the money that went with me filling up my cart along with that one DVD that I truly wanted.

I got in a 3 mile walk and 50 min of pilates reformer. I'll be MIA for a bit as I get my DS settled in his new house in another state for his first job after graduating college.

Angela, I hope you find a combo that works! I know in the beginning of my 40's I had to do the trifecta (diet, 3 mile SS walks, and cathe w/o's), now as I enter my 50's I'm not sure what I need to add to that (not to mention I can't lift heavy anymore with neck issues and in the interest to preserve the other discs). I sure hope once life settles down I can concentrate back on me.

Jody, my primary reason is that I like to eat good and sweet things, especially chocolate (thanks mom...yea, I'm blaming her :) ) I think I bought the terminator as a download(was cheaper than the dvd), I only did it a couple of times, not a fav.

XT CBS today, it went well.

Angela, I wondered about getting discs at RT. I enjoyed Intensity series last week. I'm going to do some XT this week and focus on eating clean. When you do Tabatacise, do you do the rests/ blasts between the intervals?

Hey ladies!

My name is Kiki! :D

I'm late to the party, but I'll be in Daytona as well! I haven't been to a road trip since...NJ 2012...I think :eek: so I am really looking forward to this.

My endurance is the pits, LOL, so I suppose I will need to work on that over the next couple of months. I tend to gravitate toward weight work, so it will be a challenge for me for sure.

Today I tried out XT-CLB for the first time ever LOL & I really liked it (well...the 33 min premix I did ;) ) . Not sure why I hadn't tried it before...maybe the word "cardio" threw me off? Hehe. So sad, but likely true. I have yet to try most of my Xtrain DVDs (I've had forever - preordered and all!) other than Burn Sets...and possibly one of the Tabatas...I think. :-O

So it's exciting re-discovering my collection & trying out all of the videos that I insist on buying simply because they're Cathe. :p

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know y'all! :)

Hey Kiki! Welcome! Which state do you live in and what's your age, if I may ask? Some of us have never been on a road trip before, so we may have questions from time to time.

Hey Angela!

Of course you may ask ;). I'm 33 & I live in VA.

I've only been to two RTs, my first one was in FL (Disney) & then second in NJ.

Both very different experiences, but each amazing in their own right. For those that haven't been, I think that the destination trips are a perfect intro to RTs. :D They're very down to earth, and relaxing as much as they are intense. Being able to go back to your room and shower/change as needed is pretty awesome lol. And because the environment is "new" to everyone (including Cathe!) it's a very level playing field ;)

Veteran RTers seem more adapted to the NJ trips. Cathe's in her element, and so is her staff. Things run very smoothly (you never know what hiccup to expect on destination trips lol - we had one class with no A/C, and the lights cut off mid-yoga at Disney! :p ). Of course there's no running back to your room if you forgot something, need a shower, etc at NJ. Once you're there. You're there ;) (until the bus takes everyone back - or if you drive to/fro the hotel/gym). There are showers at the gym, but not always enough time to squeeze one in. It's cool seeing where all her vids are recorded.

And these check-ins are great! Always nice to "know" someone who's going before you get there. Makes it slightly less awkward meeting people lol. But really, Cathe & Cathletes do an awesome job at making you feel right at home. Even as a super-shy first timer :)

Squeezed in the 35 minute premix of pedal power this AM, may add a quick yoga tonight. My flexibility is also in need of major improvement lol.

Hope you ladies are kicking bootay today! :D

I did CLB today. It went pretty well. I had the band for that one section but it probably didn't count because I was just holding it in my hand. : O and I didn't use wt for static lunges but focused on full range of the move -but other than that I felt like I did ok.

Angela, those live Cathe's look good.

Kikster, thanks for the info about the rt. I didn't think about it being low key relative to NJ. I'm going to focus on xt for a few weeks, following the main rotation but I will tweak as desired. Unless my rotation-add takes over then who knows. ps, nice to meet you. : )

waves to the travelers

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.