Damage Control January!

Hi Ladies,

I didn't miss this 90+ minute drive the past 2 weeks! I left at 5:30 pm last night thinking the traffic would be lighter....2 accidents and 90 minutes to get home. This morning I headed to work 10 mins earlier than yesterday and it took an additional 20 minutes to get here this morning. It's so draining.

On the upside, I did BR day 26 this morning. MAX 30 should be on its way. I'm guessing it will come sometime later this week. I'm also submitting my receipts for the new running shoes and MAX 30. My company reimburses us $250/yr for fitness related expenses.

Beth-I forgot about the no sugar challenge. Perhaps I should just start today, then I would be done before I head out to see my girls. So happy your house is back together! With you and LL talking about the LI w/o's, I'm definitely going to have to try them this week.

Missy-sorry about your knee. Having had 5 foot surgeries, I know all too well how to improvise...or just do what you can. I did mostly UB and ab work with my surgeries. Can you do low/non impact type stuff? Sorry about what you are going through. {{{HUGS}}} Keeping up your activity and meal plan....and checking in with us will all help! :)

Jacque-welcome back and Happy New Year! I keep checking for the March RT but haven't seen anything about it. Perhaps it never came to fruition. I was really hoping to go since the plan is to take the girls to San Diego for Spring Break. It could've worked out nicely for me. Check out Bob Harpers Black Fire program and let me know what you think. They are online only which I'm not sure I like. They look really good to me....and they are only 20 minutes long!

bbl later....

Quick update as I'm running behind: XTrain bis and tris complete! I think this might be my fav workout right now! I love working my arms!

Also down 1.8 from yesterday. I've decided that I can't stop sweets so I have to learn to control them and not let them control me. For starters, I'm going to say no sweets period, while I'm over 170. And I'm at 172.4. So in 2.4#, I'll allow myself something, probably a small piece or 2 of the Toblerone (sp?)Hubby put in my stocking. Then I may allow myself a small amount of chocolate every 3 days until I'm under 165. Then I'm not sure, I tend to like to plan way too much and then fail. Two small goals, trying to learn moderation. See how long I can make it last while still eating it rather than eat all of it to get it out of the house. What do you guys think?? I just can't not weight myself, it's too much of a motivator to give that up!!

Diana and Sunshine, sorry about the sinus headaches! They are terrible, Hubby had them pretty bad over Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yesterday was M1D1 and XT B&T and medicine ball abs. This morning was PH#2 and abs #2. I'm hoping to get a spin workout in tonight. It is so cold here. DS and I are still walking two miles through this and it really isn't enjoyable. The things we do for our dogs.

So I joined the Nutrition Manager and then found out my Vivofit connects directly to My Fitness Pal. I like the features of the NM better, but the direct link between MFP and my Vivo are pretty awesome. I don't have time to use both, so I'll stick with the NM for this month.

Missy, you are such a good person. If my DH pulled that on me, I'd be plotting a fantastic revenge. :mad: I hope your knee is feeling ok. It's great your sticking with upper body workouts for now. :)

Diana, I've been looking through the Body Rock workouts. That women is incredible! I need to move my furniture around in my living room before I give it a try. DH was like "NOW what are you doing"?! I blamed it on you. ;)

Beth, I am also a crazy cat person. We had four until last spring. Three is much more manageable. Currently we have a zoo; four bearded dragons, three cats, two dogs, two parakeets, one crested gecko and a beta fish. Most of which belongs to my teenagers. DH can't wait for the day everyone moves out and we have only one cat. You must be so excited to have your house back to normal. It's stressful having contractors in and out of your house.

LL, nice job on your weight loss. I'm holding at my current number. I'm sure it's not from the coconut macaroons I've been eating. :rolleyes:

Fembot: I tried the nutrition plan a long time ago and the only way I could get my numbers right was to eat bananas. So I hate them, but I tried anyway, and they made me gag. So I became discouraged with it. Right now I'm only doing no sugar for 30 days, and entering my foods. After that, and actually now, I try to do a protein and a carb together, the carb being fruits and vegetables. Now that I figured it out, I am able to stick to it, it's the portions...but that is for next month.

So, I did the arms, chest, biceps back work Monday and Tuesday. Today I ran around a lot, my kid is sick, and wound up taking the day off. So...tomorrow if I'm up to it, I'll try legs.

I feel stronger and more in control. More energy. I always thought my body responded well to exercise.

Hi ladies,

Evening check in for me. This morning was LIH #2, the one with the weights. I liked it okay, but it really wasn't very challenging IMO. Although a couple of the exercise moved faster than I could. Tomorrow should be a weight day, thinking CLB if I have time.

Today was super busy at work. My boss called me into her office.....I'm thinking "layoff"....she wanted me to work with some contractors that started today to help with the project I'm working on. She also mentioned the new projects that are coming my way. That sounds promising.

LL-that's one of my favorite w/o's too! I've been doing GS the past couple weeks so thinking of doing Xtrain weights for a couple weeks. Although Max 30 should arrive this week. I'm a daily weigher as I need that motivation to stay on track. If my weight is up, I know I need to buckle down the diet. If my weight is down, then I'm motivated to keep up the good work so to speak. I also eat chocolate everyday...or most days. I buy the 72% Ghirardelli individually wrapped chocolates, it helps me with portion control. Oh, the nutrition plan I'm on is for 40% protein of daily calories and my calorie range is 1400-1500. Some of those (mostly men) can go as high as 60% protein.

Tina-yes, Lisa from BR is amazing. I do a ton of her stuff and especially like the 30 day real time challenge. I've been previewing the new HIIT Max they started for the new year. So many workouts, so little time. The previous gal from BR is Zuzana Light (zuzka) and she has her own online w/o's too and the Zgym which is a paid membership to her online gym. She has a lot of free w/o's and also her paid site. I use to track in fitday but eventually moved to MFP since my fitbit syncs with it.

Missy-sorry your child is ill. Is your knee feeling better? Nice job keeping up with your UB w/o's!

bbitam

Quick update, I started one this morning but didn't get to post it. But I got in RWH circuit lower body and wow was that tough! Good, but tough.

I broke down and bought Max30!!! Because of the shipping that didn't show up in my cart buy my "coach" said she'd reimburse me if BB doesn't.

Getting to bed too late for a 5:30 alarm, I also rested for 20 min today, and not only am I teaching my class at 9 tomorrow, but I'm teaching the prek class from 10-12 because the teacher is sick and needs a sub. A bother teacher is doing the 9-10 time.

Another 1.1 down today!

Diana, good news about your job! And I know what you mean about wt being a motivator!! What is fitbit? What is BR?

Hi all! I was back to work Tues. Nothing changes-call offs to the max which makes more work for those who show up. I loved doing LIHI legs after work on Tues. My quads are still talking to me today. Wed. was an especially long day so I took the day off. Today I'm going to make some soup and do Xtrain bi's and tri's. I slipped up and had some chocolate covered stars cookies yesterday. Oh well...I'm still trying to get through January 10th with no more cookies or extra sugar!

Beth

Last night we did STS plyo legs instead of a spin workout. I think we'll spin tonight if it isn't to cold in our basement. We did the STS partner abs, which always leaves us with sore abs from all the laughing. This morning will be M1D2 and BC upper/lower weights premix. I told DS there is no way I'm walking outdoors, so he'll be weight lifting today.

That Max30 looks intense! I'm happy I don't have the funds to even consider it right now.

Diana, phew on getting called into the office. It sounds like you'll be safe. :)

Missy, nice job on getting your workouts in. I just saw a neighbor of mine who recently separated from her husband. She looks fantastic and when I mentioned it to her she said she has lost 92 lbs. She did it going gluten free. I've seen her out walking a lot, so I'm sure that helped too. It sounds like you're super motivated, I love hearing your progress! :)

LL, woot-woot on your continued weight loss! :)

Jacque, your family hike sounded fantastic! I can't wait for spring to get back on some trails!

Fembot, it's so great you have someone to work out with! Wish I had that! I'm a little nervous about Max30, I just didn't want to miss out on the free shipping....but I will deposit the money I made on the FB page and still continue to sell the difference..

Crazy busy day today, teaching in the morning, then in the afternoon trying to get ski clothes ready for tomorrow, run 30 min to church and back to work on science fair projects before getting dinner on so the older boys can get to basketball tonight. And one of the helmets doesn't fit and CDawg lost his gloves. So they are going to got rent helmet and I need to look for the gloves. And I need to clean up dinner, make breakfast and lunch for tomorrow and make peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip bars all before getting a good night's rest. And we hope to get to the mtn when they open tomorrow.

So no wo today and skiing will be my wo for tomorrow. Saturday I hope to do what was today's: XTrain CBS. But we need to work on the science fair projects and we have an elementary unit celebration with our Thursday co op at 5. Whew! I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the moment typing all that out! I'm craving chocolate, I feel like I want to eat chocolate to keep me going tonigh! I'm going to try to say no!q

Good evening ladies,

Been reading some of the threads quickly at lunch but a bit behind at work so never made it to post. Tuesday was LIHI CST and definitely still sore today. Ugh when the kitty stepped on my pecs this AM. :D Yday was a rest day - too tired to get up and then at work too late. Today was LIHI Legs premix #3 (scrambled but same length). That one winded me quite often since I took so much time of during the holidays.

Diana - didn't remember if she said March or not but I remember the last one was in March . . . hmmmm. Max 30 sounds great - one of my daughters friends is a BB coach and posting her red face on FB after her workouts. For some reason too much Shaun bothers my lower back and with the other two I have decided to pass. I am rather interested in PiYo . . . will probably go for that in a few months. Yep, Black Fire looks fun and challenging. I think I'm getting to be an old fuddy duddy and like my DVD's and shorter workouts that Cathe is doing these days. ;)

LL - way to go on the weight loss ! I was holding steady but the last couple of days did the "piggy thing" and now need to drop a couple !:rolleyes: Can't wait to see how you and Diana like Max30. Still busy busy lady you are !

Tina - LOL using Diana as your reason for moving furniture. I watched a couple BR's last weekend . . . they do look challenging. I have been (albeit slowly) following the 2 month RWH rotation and am going to try to keep going. After that I will be ready to add some other w/o's and may start saving some of the BR's so I can work those in. Nice getting all those workouts in. Wow what a menagerie you have. I thought we used to be bad but you have us beat in spades. We are down to a 8 mo puppy and 3 cats that started out with a mama that adopted our backyard 2 yrs ago. 2 litter within 5 months and we have one female from each litter. They are predominantly outdoor but my "little girl" from the last litter, about 15 month, stays inside alot. Especially with the frozen mornings the past few weeks. A little strange for a California kitten to comprehend.

Beth - sorry for the short staff at work when you got back. That is such a bummer. At least you have gotten some w/o's in.

Missy - nice job getting some UB workouts in this week. Did you make it to your legs today? I'm with you and shoot for protein with veggie/fruit carbs. Lately I have been eating the wrong carbs and my weight has crept up because of it. Lately I have been very hungry and not making the best choices. I seem to do that during the first few weeks of our cold weather too. Time to buckle down!

TGIF tomorrow !

Last night we did PP (should stand for Profuse Perspiration) in a freezing basement. I dressed in my winter road gear and only peeled off my coat mid way. I have to be honest and say, when that Prince song comes on a feeling of dread comes over me. That beat is crazy to keep up with. This morning was Imax 3 and LLB floor and barre. I really liked that combo. I need to start adding in more floor/barre in every week.

Jacque, I'm happy to hear you have a zoo too. I wish my cats could go outside but our little neighborhood is a cut through and people use it like a main road. I need to try that LIHI legs premix. So much to discover on these new discs. I think HCUB is my favorite of all of them.

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

What is PP? I did a search and see that it might be SS/PP, which might be supersets....

I did not work out yesterday because I felt myself getting a little cough and sinus pain. I feel ok today though. So, I'll do the Slide and Glide. That's the one on the rotation and I do like it.

I have never stuck to a rotation for 2 weeks, except I think, for P90x.

Missy, PP is Pedal Power, one of her spin bike workouts. I hope you and your child are feeling better. How many children do you have?

I didn't get Pedal Power, but I have a gym membership and thought I might do it sometime. Thanks for the info!

My son is better, still a bad cough, but he's awake. He's 15. I have a 18 year old daughter who lives with her dad, and a 19 year old boy who is in college.

I'd love to get background on everybody :)

I live in North Carolina but originally from the DC area. I'm 47. Sometimes I feel like I'm entering a new better life, and sometimes I don't, haha.

I am a computer programmer who is just reentering the workforce. I stayed home to raise the kids...getting a job when you have been away is difficult, so I was taking classes and I applied to a department at the school who manages internships. They offered me one in the same school district as my son (but at a different school!) I'm still trying to figure out the money part, and then I start work. It's part-time. I'm so glad and grateful!

Hey Ladies ..

OK . . new year .. going to get back to my regular check ins .. I took off work at the last week of December - it was a MUCH NEEDED break - I painted my kitchen, dining room, hall, and living area .. including baseboards and window trim and doors .. now the other doors look horrible ..so I am planning on painting them this weekend .. but gonna leave the bedrooms as they are .. think I am done w/the walls for a while .. had a GREAT Christmas .. my DN had a blast .. this will probably be the last Christmas with him as a "child" .. he will be official TEEN next year .. EEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!! gosh where has time gone???

Now it is back to reality .. the rat race .. stress .. and looming presence of ##### ..

with that said .. I am loving MAX30 . . and the new Cathe HIIT series ... AWESOME stuff .. TUFF stuff .. today is my rest day .. I did Max30 Friday Fight last nigth .. holy cow that was hard!!! DOMS: shoulders - core and calves ..

We have been in the FREEZER BOX down here ... tho nothing like you girlies NORTH of me .. but it has been in the teens every night this week .. my outside babies are LOVING coming inside!! they love it!!

Found out a dear friend of mine (since highschool) has breast cancer .. think they found it early .. we are the same age .. just so much cancer .. so much sadness .. so much of it here .. but she is positve person and has a good head on her shoulders .. her surgery is Monday .. PRAY FOR HER!!

OK .. no time for personals ... I will try to be good and check in like I should .. have a great weekend - stay warm - stay safe!!

Hi all! I got in HCLB tonight after work. Man is that tough (in a good way)!

Missy-congrats on the job prospect...one thing at a time! Slide and Glide really makes me use my core as I try to stay on the discs! I bet you had a great workout.

Poochy, Diana, and LL-please keep the Max 30 impressions/reviews coming! I turn 50 in March and am thinking Max 30 would be the perfect way to celebrate! What I loved about Insanity was that you didn't need any equipment. Is Max 30 the same-I think it is. It's just a nice break from dragging out the risers, step, weights, barbell,etc. Like RWH it's nice the workouts are shorter, too. That seems to be a trend in the fitness industry.

Jacque and Tina I'm trying to talk my husband into getting another cat. Hearing what you both have is great to convince him that two is not really that many!

Off to shower and bed.

Stay warm,

Beth

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. Thursday-no workout...worked from home but had drive my DH to and from work because of a gout flare up. Had my apt for the mammo and ultrasound. There are 2 fluid filled cysts that they are keeping a close eye on, another apt in 6mos. Friday-no workout, too stressed about the impending layoffs. My weight was up a tad every day this week...UGH. Stress related since I've been tracking all my food intake. Next week is the week those impacted by the layoffs will be notified. Our boss also told us that everyone needs to be in the office everyday next week-no telecommuting.

Max 30 arrived yesterday! I'll probably pull that out and give one a try. Today is the first day of the WLC (Weight Loss Challenge) I signed up for. There is an 8am workout and 9am nutrition class that I will be attending.

LL-BR is short for bodyrock.tv, they have online w/o's that are awesome!!! Fitbit is fitness tracker and they have several different varieties. The one I have is the fitbit flex and it tracks steps and sleep. It also works has a connection with myfitnesspal. My goal is to get 10,000 steps per day which is pretty difficult when you have an office job. Keep up the good work.

Beth-there is no equipment needed in MAX 30, but that doesn't mean easy. You know what I mean if you've done Insanity. I need to write on my calendar the No Sugar days...I ended up eating a piece of chocolate....a couple of times. Sorry about being short handed at work.

Tina-I love Cathe's spin w/o's. I have them on my ipod and can only do them at the rec ctr. They are super challenging for me. I had one of my Tri friends do one of them and she said it was even harder than the spin class that she attends!

Missy-hope you and your son are feeling better. I have 3 sons-ages 26, 24, 18. The 24yr old and 18yr old live with us. The 18yr old is a freshman in college and the 24yr old plans on moving out in March/April time frame...YAYYYYY. I love doing rotations simply because I don't have to think about which disc to put in the dvd player at 5am in the morning. At the very least, I like to set up my w/o room at night so whatever I need is ready to go when I come down in the morning.

Jacque-I'm looking forward to giving Max 30 a try today. I'm not committing to any rotation at the moment, but should probably come up with something this weekend. I don't mind the longer w/o's, I just don't have time for them in the mornings with my new commute. Laura is doing PiYo and Max 30 and likes them both.

Laura-welcome back and Happy New Year! MAX 30 just arrived and I'm looking forward to working out Shaun T again! Sending prayers for your girlfriend. I'm sure your house looks beautiful.

bbl

Hi ladies,

Yesterday was a fitness fiesta! Started off with the 8am class at the new gym followed by the nutrition class. When I got home, I ripped open Max 30 and did Ab Attack and Max Cardio.....and then finished it of STS Disc 3 legs. I'm not committing to doing a complete rotation of STS, but definitely need to keep the weights up for a few more months. It will be a nice complement to the Max 30 w/o's.

This morning I took my niece to the Sunday Funday class. It was tabata style class this morning. When I got home I did STS disc 2-Back & Triceps.

The nutrition class was very interesting. The goal of this program is to get 40% protein/40% fat and 20% carbs each day. Also, the ratio of protein to calories should be a minimum of 10% protein to calories. For example, a 100 cal food should have a minimum of 10% protein on the low end and 20% or more on the high end. The pure protein bars are 160-200 calories with 17-20 grams protein. The formula for determining the grams of protein is (100-bodyfat%) Make the answer a decimal and multiply by your body weight. For a 150lb person with 25%bodyfat, 100-25=75 Then you take .75 * 150=112.5 grams of protein goal each day. They didn't mention this, but it appears the calorie goal is close to your BMR (basal metabolic rate). My BMR is 1464 and my calorie range is 1400-1500.

Missy-nice job with S&G!!! Glad it didn't bother your knee.

bbl

I did Afterburn today. I'm doing ok with the workouts, I noticed my knee twinging a little, but it's not injured. The squat thrusts were horrible however.....I either do some movement to keep my cardio up or I do girl pushups or planks the best I can. I wonder if there is a routine that will help me build my strength.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.