Damage Control January!

Hi all. No workouts to report here. I ended up going to see the doctor today-it's viral. It just has me wiped out. My throat is the worse. It's not strep so I'll just continue to rest and do the usual non medication remedies.

Diana, my husband just changed jobs last Dec. 1st. We didn't know if he'd even have a job with the new company that took over. It's very stressful. We're tired of worrying about it (if he'll keep this job), so we just say...whatever happens then we'll deal with it. You'll be able to deal with whatever happens with you, too.

LL, glad to read about your family time and HS. Your kids are so lucky! Maybe this weekend you can get a couple workouts in.

Poochy, I checked out your picture trail. It was nice to put a face to a name! You look like you have lots of fun in your life! Glad your friend is through the surgery.

Missy, how did the court hearing go? How is the new job going?

Beth

Poochy, I home school my kids and teach, getting paid, one class. It's called a co op. i do sometimes tear my hair out!! But I really love it and can't imagine doing anything else! I would miss so much of my kids lives if they were in school from7:30-5:30 with school and after school sports and then add in the sports they do now, I don't know how they would get homework done and I would never see them!! I cant believe I only have 4.5 yrs left with JTrain! And there are days that I wonder why I'm doing this and he said he can't wait to move out when he's 18 on a really bad day, but I love my boys and will be so sad when they go off to college! I want to spend as much time as I can with them!!

Today I got in X10 cardio blast and I've never done that before!! Super tough! I'm starting to get scared for max 30!! Tomorrow is low impact 1 abs 2. Hopefully after the science fair (I get to go to a woman's gathering at our church during) and will be back in time for browsing and judges' announcements and before we head to Wilmington, DE for delayed Christmas at my sister's. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

I'm still employed and am so happy about that. It was a very difficult week and the binge eating was at an all time high. I'm glad its behind me. We were told the layoffs will be done by the end of the month. They will continue looking for ways to cut costs so there could be other layoffs with the next couple years. The "BIG" layoff is done and they don't anticipate another one of this magnitude. I saw a position available at another company and submitted my application last night. The location is near my current job but the salary is better and it is at a stable company.

I head to the airport in about 3 hours. I'm so excited to see my girls!!! They are going to be very surprised for sure! I plan on working out this morning, TTM Extreme is what I'm thinking.

Laura-this is the first time in 25 yrs that I have MLK day off. I bet your house looks beautiful! Mine is in desperate need of some TLC. Max 30 is awesome, although I do keep looking at Bob Harpers Black Fire.

Beth-I hope you feel better soon. We tried not to worry about, but it weighed heavily on our minds.

LL-don't worry about Max 30. There is a modifier....and her abs are ripped!!! You do get breaks too. :) We played a lot of games with our boys when they were little, such fond memories.

Missy-how is the new job going? What about the court proceedings? You are doing awesome with your workouts!!! I don't plan my rest days and let them fall on days I'm too tired or have other plans. I try to always work out on Sat and Sun, then the rest day/s just happen naturally during the week.

Hi Tina & Jacque!

Hi all! I did 30 minutes of Turbo Barre. I like that workout. It really gets in those hindquarter muscles.

Today is supposed to be Yogamax, but I'd kind of like to do a little cardio. I didn't get any in this week.

Knee feels pretty good.

Missy I love Turbo Barre!

Science fair went well, all of them got third place in their grade!

Got in Low impact 1 abs 2. Tomorrow is Super Cuts. I'm itching to start max30 (and scared) but still want to finish this rotation.

Made chocolate chip cookies last night and ate too much. Had 1 already today. But I was asked to bring a healthy app tonight. So I have a big tray of veggies, hummus, Whole Foods 5 layer dip, chips and salsa.

Sorry I've been MIA. Wednesday was STS, Thursday was PRS 1&2, Friday was HCUB & SC, and today was STS plyo legs with DH. Tomorrow will be a spin workout.

Diana, have a great trip! Thank goodness you survived the lay offs! :)

Beth, I hope you're feeling better. I think we all need some sunshine!

I just finished a 12 hour cleaning shift. My Garmin says I put in 11+ miles today. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but my body is claiming it's pretty close. I'm going to go get some shut eye. Have a great rest of your weekend! :)

I did 10 minutes of Intensity, and 20 of Party Step 1

I love step. It's a huge cardio workout for me. I do it for 6-8 minutes at a time. I have to. I could just do it on the floor, but I love the stepwork, and I'm so glad I have the balance and muscles to do the work.

Sugar? Forget about it...I'm seeing the doctor on Thursday. My thyroid was low, and she put me on something and now I'm following up. I think I'd have more energy if I got off the sugar and start eating better.

Sounds like everyone is getting good workouts in except me! I'm on my 5th day in a row of laying around in my pjs. My whole body aches. I'm supposed to go back to work Tuesday...we'll see! Hope you're having a good time with the girls, Diana. Tina, hope you got a good night's rest after all those workouts and then cleaning for 12 hours! Missy, I love step too. I've been thinking about my 1st workout when I feel better and I'm pretty sure it'll be PRS 2. LL, I wish I had some of your energy!

Beth

Beth- sorry you feel crummy! Feel better soon!

I wimped out on my workout today, I just didn't have the energy to do all of Super Cuts. So after 15-20 min I switched to the premix that only did the first half. So 28 min for me today. I'm drinking hot chocolate so I won't eat a 1/2 bag of chocolate chips tonight.

Happy MLK everybody. It's a good day to think about being of service to others. Right now I'm short of the mark. Which is ok for now.

I did Low Impact Supersets yesterday. Broke it into pieces. The thing I don't care for is going from standing to pushup stance. I usually pause it, and then get into position. I'm doing the pushups though...girlie....a bit stronger every day, no?

Today low impact challenge.

About the court proceedings, my lawyer got sick. I think it's going to be tomorrow. We separated April 2013. Apparently my lawyer sent a pile of documents last week by courier after 5 pm on Thursday. The lawyer, he hasn't been responsive when I ask questions, and whatever, he's not the best clearly, but I have paid less than $5k, and I'm sure the soon to be former husband has spent twice that.

It's only about dividing things 50/50 at this point, and we can't agree on what our debts and assets are. It's stupid.

The job is great. I'll be an asset here. The guy I'm reporting to doesn't seem to be up to speed on what we are doing here. But I wouldn't really say anything about that right now.

STS Chest and back this evening. The LIC was definitely a challenge, but I'm so pleased with my footwork. It did bother my knee...I'm being careful.

Yesterday was M1D7, CSS and XT CBS. This morning was KPC and the bonus legs from M1D9. DH and I will do the rest of M1D9 tonight.

Missy, your workouts are awesome! You must be seeing some great improvements, way to go! :)

Beth, I hope you're feeling better today. :)

Hi Ladies,

I'm back from my trip and had a wonderful time!!! My darling granddaughters are just amazing!!! I'm hoping we get them for spring break, we'll have to see. No workouts to report, just playing with the girls. It rained the entire time we were there so it was tough to get outside much.

I'm back on track today with my meal plan and will work out tomorrow morning-Max 30. The spring fitness challenge class has started and it is Mon/Thurs nights. I'm hoping to do STS and Max 30 for a while. My tri training buddy and I are determing which tri's we want to tackle this year. The plan is for 3 this year.

Missy-you are doing awesome! I pause for water breaks. Don't even worry about it. I also modify all the time, just do the best you can and you will get stronger every day. I'm sorry you are having to deal with the court proceedings. It seems so simple to just write down all the assets/liabilities and split them. In reality I know it's much tougher than that. Hang in there. I also have low thyroid and have been on medication for years. I can't function without it.

LL-your chocoholic buddy here. :) Congrats to the kids on their science projects!!! I had to stop baking because I can't stay out of the chocolate chips! I've also started drinking mint or peppermint tea to help with my chocolate cravings. Max 30 is awesome, short and to the point and it's over before you know it. It's very high impact though and hurts my feet......which is one of the reasons I want to add a weight w/o in between cardio days.

Tina-Wow, you are a busy bee. 11 miles cleaning....that has got to be a record for sure!

Beth-oh no, you are still not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Jacque & Laura! bbl

This morning will be M1D8 B&T and PH#2. Tonight will be XT B&T with DH. He has a hernia that needs repairing, so he's being extra careful with certain moves. He plans on having surgery soon, so I'll be missing our workouts together during his recovery. Hopefully it won't be more than a couple weeks on the down low.

Diana, welcome home. Sorry to hear it rained during your get away. Three tri's this year??! I can't even imagine! :O Those 11 miles on my Garmin included STS plyo legs before I left for work. I'm not working out this Saturday, so I'll see how many miles I really hoof around at work. It's no wonder I put on weight when there is a week or two off at work.

BBL to check in on everyone. :)

Hi, I was skiing all day yesterday with all the kids and Hubby. Today I did low impact 2 abs 1. Tomorrow is hard strikes. I hope I can get it in!

Sickness is still lingering around here: I still have a cough, Hubby had a headache this evening but he's pretty good. JTrain is getting over his cold, CDawg had a sore throat yesterday and today and had a very low fever, if you can even call it that:99.5, B has huge tonsils and a cough, he is going to see an ENT next week, and Little K has the adenoidvirus, not contagious, just a cold that affects both eyes, ears, nose and throat. Fun, fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi gang. Glad you had a great trip, Diana. I pray for granddaughters after raising 2 boys!

Nothing good to report here. I vacuumed and walked and did yoga on Monday. Tues. I went back to work and then did Crosstrain Express Step and Intervals with Chest. So I guess that's my coming back from sickness workout this time around! Lately my hip flexors have been sore and I think it's coming from my lower back being sore. So I did nothing yesterday and will try a low impact something or other today. Getting older sucks! If it's not my shoulder it's my back,hip, feet sometimes, etc. I am not getting Max 30! I'll be resting/modifying for a while, I think. I've got to let my back heal! It's going to be hard because I hate taking time off. Oh well. My cold is on the mend anyway! I've bookmarked hundreds of recipes I want to try so I think I'll start cooking more after work and just taking walks and doing upper body weights. That's my game plan.

Missy
, have you tried the Crosstrain Series? The step and intervals one I did on Tues. was good and seemed like it'd be up your ally. It had a good long warm up-about 7 minutes. Then it had a 10min. step section, then a 10 minute interval section. So it's broken up nicely for breaks. The chest section was 10 minutes and then the stretch! If you don't have that dvd set I see it up for sale on the daily deal sometimes for a steal-check it out!

Tina
, I hope the hernia surgery goes well. My uncles have both had them and you do have to be careful during recovery about lifting very heavy. Best to you and your husband. Surgery is never an easy thing.

LL-did you do any practice snowboards in the snow while skiing? You had the perfect opportunity! Sounds like you had fun though. All that fresh air is great. Your kids are slowly building their immune systems and exercise will help!

Beth

Hi Ladies,

I finally got a workout in this morning-BR day 30. I intended to do the next MAX 30 w/o yesterday, but couldn't get it to work. Because they are short w/o's, I've been getting up a little later and didn't have time to mess with figuring out the issue. DS has been warned to make sure when mom turns on the dvd player that it works and doesn't always end up with his gaming crap.

It was really nice to sleep in this morning and still do a long workout. Working from home does have it's advantages! Tonight will be spring fitness challenge class. I missed the first class which was on Monday.

Tina-you are a workout machine! They are sprint Triathlons-1/2 mile swim, 12-18 mile bike ride, 5K run. My friend is trying to talk me into the olympic distance....the 1 mile swim is very intimidating to me. The longer bike ride and 10K run would be fine. Hope DH has a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

LL-I certainly hope everyone is on the mend. These colds seem to linger forever. I weighed myself when I got back from trip and was pleasantly surprised to be up only 1lb, and it's gone now. Back to where I was. My weight has not moved really in months. Still 10lbs over my goal. After already losing 20lbs a couple years ago now, I feel so much better and my clothes fit better. Perhaps I'm just not in the right mindset to lose weight. I'm eating much more protein and that alone has made a huge difference in how my body looks.

Beth-glad you are starting to feel better. I hear yah on the aging..right there with you. I used to love the crosstrain express series. I would often do the UB Weights premix. In a couple months I will be giving up MAX 30 and most weight training to focus on tri training. There just isn't much time for weights when training for 3 cardio events.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

My plan was to do B&G this morning, but when I rolled out of bed, my triceps were so sore, I could barely straighten my arms out. The thoughts of holding any amount of weight today went right out the window. I settled with RS and I'm so happy it worked out this way. I totally geeked out, my mambo cha-cha's and triples around the step were flying! I forget what a masterpiece this workout is. Tomorrow I have DM planned and then a day off on Saturday.

Beth, I hear you on the getting older front. I'm constantly mumbling about how much it sucks, but I can't imagine where we would be if we didn't keep moving and keeping our strength up. I'm happy to hear you're starting to feel better! :)

Diana, any amount of swimming sounds horrific! I think the only stroke I have mastered is the doggy paddle. 1/2 mile in the water is AMAZING! :)

LL, sorry to hear your crew is still fighting viruses, it's been a long winter! Nice job with a full day of skiing, that burns some serious calories.

Missy, what are you up to today?

Today I have Yogarelax on tap. I've done 20 minutes and thought I ought to be done, but there are 30 more minutes, haha...it's boring!

Hard Strikes...complete! That workout is just fun, and a lot is due to the music! Not sure if I'll get a wo in tomorrow, RWH CUB is on tap. I'm out from 9-6 with standardized testing in the morning, volleyball practice in the afternoon and an hour to fight the rush hour traffic (normally 30 min, will be 45+) to get to baseball practice. Thankfully I don't have to stay for that one. I just drop and let Hubby pick him up! But I'm dropping the older 3 at church and then head to my parents 10 min away, for a couple of hours, then I do my food shopping while the older 2 are at volleyball. Sounds busy, but it's actually pretty relaxing when I'm not thinking about the driving and rushing!!

Beth- no snowboarders here, but B and CDawg want to try.

I'm up to 174.4. :( I am going back to the basics: tracking WW style and measuring. No chocolate for me I've decided unless I have points left over of my 27 at the end of the day! I have 5 for some tonight! I just will measure and stick to it! I'll let you know how I did tomorrow. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.