Control the Damage March month

Good Afternoon. :)

I actually got up this morning in time to work out despite going to bed ENTIRELY TOO LATE last night! :confused:

I did the first 4 rounds of XT CBS-first two rounds were full rounds but on the second two rounds I left out the chest work. I followed it up with the first 20 mins (all I had time for) of BH's Ultimate Cardio Body. :)

TG:: Nice weight work out! Love that Combat work out-enjoy!

Laura:: ITA about phones. I hate talking on the phone at home b/c of so much time spent on the phone for work over the years! :rolleyes: This is one of many reasons why I love texting so much! :)

Lori:: Nice work out! Sorry your puppy hasn't made it to you yet. :( Oh I checked in last night-on the same post though. Where it says "ETA" is where I added on after I was done working out. :)

Hello to Diana!

Ok, I'm not sure if I'll make it back here before I leave in the morning so everyone have a great one and I'll check in when I can! :D

We fly home Tuesday evening so you should hear from me by Wednesday at the latest...BFN!:cool:

Wendy -

HAVE FUN WENDY ----- SAFE TRIP .. winning vibes going you way :D:D:D:D.. and ROMANTIC ONES TOO ;);););)!!!!

Hey Girls

Tonight I did HR abs, 100 hip thrust challenge twice, 25 mins on the TM mixed in with AB.

Laura** no drama is good! I like no drama! No dog, no good. Stupid airlines. I guess they make to much money on people's extra luggage during the holidays that they ditched the pets.

Wendy** have fun!!!

Tonight the boys were in the tub together and I was across the hall putting away cloths. Some how DS tickled the baby, he hit his eye on the faucet and cut his eyelid. I couldn't tell how deep the cut was but I think it's fairly deep. It still doesn't add up to me. The faucet is pretty round....I don't know if he threw something at him but then again he doesn't have any toys that sharp. It stopped bleeding pretty quickly b/c of his fat eyelids! But I don't know what kind of night he will have...my Lord, it must hurt!! I get a little stomach sick when I think how close he could have been to losing his eye.

I must rest my eyes now...bb tomorrow!

Lori:)

THURS

CRAP we are on the bottom - where are you girlies!! I tought I was running behind - my day has been a whirlwind!! the breeder sent pics of the pups - then made me doubt I may get one - then told me to make choices - then said send money - and I still have a QUESTION mark in my brain :confused::confused::confused::confused: I dont know whether to be excited - ticked - upset - or what??? HECTICLY CONFUSED kinda is what I am!!!!! :confused: It is all who pays the most the fastest I suppose .. well I am NOT miss money bags! I am just a woman that loves that breed and wants a dang puppy! :(

Lori - poor kiddo!!! sounds like he hit his eye/head on the faucet - poor wittle thing!!! I know it scared you!!! Hope it is better this morning! although it is prbly purple and blue!! :(

Wendy - I hear those slots ringing from here!!! LOL

Hello to all that follow -

Hoping my day calms down a bit - I had a great run ystdy - even tho the wind was whooping - I thought i was doing great - running strong - and these three YOUNG firefighter dudes came flying by me effortlessly :confused: {{ humph }} I felt my age rolling around like a sped up odometer on a car :mad::mad::mad: aaaahhhhhh YOUTH!!!!!!!

ok .. have a great one!

Hey Girls...or Laura:eek:

Where's Diana too??? She's been MIA!

Tonight's workouts was tris double trouble and ride. Sounds simple...it's usually and,and,and,and....

Laura** so what are you gonna do miss money bags?? Are you getting one? I thought you already paid your down payment or does she want full payment now! Well..you think you feel old?? I was working next to a guy the other day and he's a real a hole...I was warned. DH showed up, with the kids and brought me a coffee but I went outside and got it from them but they stayed in the truck and dh rolled down the kids windows. When I came back inside this guy says "is that your family"? "Is that your son" ( thinking he meant DS) then he says "what does he do"? And I'm thinking "what does he f'ing do"????? He thought that I was old enough to have a child with a career!!! He thought that dh (even though he couldn't see him) was my f'ing son!!! So I let it slide but thought about it later that night and my blood was boiling. Meanwhile he looks like death and is coughing up a lung after each smoke, no wife or kids cause no one can tolerate him and he thinks he's awesome. He keeps saying " it's hard work being this awesome" I told him that people who are awesome dont have to work at it, they are just naturally awesome. And awesome or hot isn't what this guy is. He's single for a reason!

I'm done venting now!

Night!!

TGIF!!!

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I was MIA. I was just busy Wednesday, tried to check in yesterday morning and my laptop shutdown for automatic updates in the middle of my post.:mad::mad::mad:

My glutes are so sore this morning from doing legs twice this week, vipr, and running stairs! I used a 65#bb for CLB squats and lunges and subbed hip thrusts with my bb for the step ups since those hurt my knee.

Today is a complete rest day. My body literally hurts. After x-train CSB Monday, xtrain legs on Tuesday, B&T/ViPR Wednesday, CLB and bootcamp Thursday...this old bod needs a rest. In looking at my w/o calendar, my last full rest day was in Feb. To make matters worse, I have shin splints and somehow tweaked my lower back last night. A rest day is definitely in order.

Wendy-Hope you are having a wonderful time in Viva Las Vegas!! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics when you return.

Lori-I would be fuming too, what a tool that guy is. You are a strong and beautiful young woman, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. When you do DT tri's and Bi's, do you to all the tri's once and repeat, or do each exercise twice before moving on? I guess it doesn't matter, it's still being done twice.

Hi TG, Wendy & Jacque!!!

TGIF .. WOOOHOOO

Morning Ladies ..

It is a GORGEOUS TGIF too!! to actually get up to 70 today .. thank goodness - to have a pretty decent weekend too - but DH STILL on long hour nights :mad: and ill as a HORNET :mad: crap havent seen him since last weekend! Maybe the short time I get to visit w/him tmrw will be worthwhile ;);) last night I did Bob's ultimate cardio challenge :confused: geesh! forgot how hard his torture was - DOMS: quads back and bis!

I am so PROUD of "my girls" the are kicking butt in the BL challenge - they are working out hard - eating right (not starving - but eating clean) - and taking the REST days - and it is SHOWING - everyone is asking what they are doing - how they are losing and looking as good as they do :eek: :D:D I want to jump up and scream .. YESSSSSSSSSSS - they are working their @$$es off!!! but I refrain!!!

Lori - WHAT A JERK!!!! OMG .. I have a picture in my head - in fact I know someone VERY similar and he is a straigh up @hole - thinks the sun rises and sets in his fat@$$ and all he is a super JERKoff!!! People like that are too stupid to come up w/seomthing intelligent to say .. so they go the way of insults thinking they are being CUTE and impressing and really dont have a clue what a jack@$$ they are making of themselves .. you want me to come up there and b## slap him for ya????? :mad:

Di - REST is JUST as important as WORKING OUT my dear!! your body is screaming for it .. so take your rest day or days .. let your body recoop!!! sounds pretty beat up at the moment!!

Wendy - $$$$$$ vibes $$$$$$$

Hello to all that follow ..

Have a great TGIF .. I will try to BBL to see what everyone is up to ..

Good Morning:)

Happy weekend!!:) I don't get to sleep in but I don't have to work either :) The baby as been up since 6:30 or earlier. I just lay in bed for a while, he wasn't crying so I didn't hurry up. I found two more teeth yesterday, probably why his nose has been like a faucet and he has two more coming. I figured he was soon going to get more, it's been a while.

Last night we went out for a couple of drinks and some food. So no workout to report. We were thinking about heading into the city today for the night but there just isn't enough time to do the things I'd like and DD has to work. DH is going to work for a little while today and I'm suppose to meet the girls for coffee again but we will see how that world with the baby's nap. And then my workout of course...but I don't know what that will be yet. It looks cold out so I probably won't bother running outside.

I booked my parents flight yesterday!:D They are coming here 3 weeks from yesterday. And I only booked them one way but they are thinking about staying for 3 weeks or so.

Diana** I was wondering where you were! Stupid computer! Sounds like you've had some good workouts. When I do DT bic and tris, I just do the same workout twice. Most times I just give myself a small break and then I do the same exercise but I might have go lighten up the 2nd time. In DT C,B,S, she does two moves, then repeats them but I don't have time for all that skipping.

Laura** yeah this guy is a jerk anyway. It was one of those situations where it didn't kick in until I was home and working out and that's when it started irritating me the most. DH is off all weekend but its taking him a few days to recoup from the 7 shifts he just worked. No one is home in the daytime after he works nights and he will wake up just after lunch and then complain that he's tired. I have no pity for him, he should have stayed in bed. Glad to hear your girls are losing weight:) That's awesome. So many people struggle. I think I've heard most of the girls at work talk about losing or gaining weight at some point in time. And I haven't been there that long.

I'll bbl to report my workout!!

sat

Hey...

I managed a 4 mile run ystdy after work..it was slower..and on VERY heavy SORE legs..Bob did a number on them...lol...today is prbly gonna b a rest day.. dh is only gonna sleep for a couple hours and get up we have to go pick up our golf cart..it is finally ready...been in the shop for over a month now..poor dh will have NO sleep..

Lori.. i know you are excited about your parents visit..prbly not as much ad they are tho!!!!

Hello to all that follow.. have a great weekend..it sure is pretty out today!!!!

Hi Ladies,

I feel much better today after a complete rest day yesterday. I went out with some girls from work for a couple drinks last night. It had been a crappy week for sure. Then when I got home I made dinner and brownies for the family, and did laundry. It was much more productive than I thought it was going to be.

Today I think will be on of the CSB w/o's and Combat Live 60 minutes. I haven't tried that one yet but everyone seems to love it. My last bootcamp class is on Monday and we have to weigh in. I'm having trouble keeping those pounds off, the scale just keeps going up and down. Very frustrating. My new thyroid meds should be here in the next few days. Who really knows if that will help or not. I'm just going to keep my body moving as much as possible and keep up with the clean eating.

Lori-It would've been nice to get away for the weekend. Sorry that didn't work out for you. Yay, your parents are coming!!!! I'm sure that makes both of you very happy! Okay, I don't have time to do double trouble during the week. I don't if I would have the energy to do DT and cardio on the weekends. You are the energizer bunny...too be young and energetic!

Laura-Nice run. I haven't even looked at my running schedule this past week. With shin splints running is out of the question. The foam roller has really been helping. One leg is completed cleared up, but the other one still hurts a bit. Enjoy the weekend!!!

Hi Girls:)

A few things accomplished today. Got a good workout in, groceries and had coffee with the girls. What's up with these 2 day weekends! Should be a law passed that every weekend be 3 days:). I think DH is working tomorrow even though its his day off. We just had a chat about our duties....I just feel like I'm doing everything. I pay the bills, pack the lunches, deal with the house and the tenant....and he goes to work:confused:

Today's workout was 40 mins on the TM, mixed in with super cuts, GS standing leg work and core 2. I really enjoy the core work in xtrain, I wish there was more.

Laura** I was surprised you checked in today:eek: You usually disappear till Monday :p. Hope DH wasn't to crabby for you today. My mom is really excited. They aren't huge travellers so hopefully they'll make it :eek:

Diana** DT is long. I don't think I'll ever have the time to do DT on its own. I prefer one body part or two at a time. I may even do burn set double time the next time...maybe I will try it this week. Sounds like you had a productive day. It's amazing what we can do when we skip a workout day. In the meantime I don't know what people do with their time who don't workout at all.

Bb in the morning!!

Hi Ladies,

It should be a pretty low-key day at my house. The house was cleaned (DS1) yesterday and all the laundry was done! DH was up early and left to run errands this morning. I have a haircut/color appt at 10. Where are all these grays coming from???:mad: They're just hear and there and I pluck them out when I see them, but they are making me crazy. It seems like no matter where I part my hair I have a few sticking up.

Yesterday I did Combat Live 60 for the first time. I liked it, but it wasn't much of a calorie burner for me. Next time I plan on wearing weighted gloves. Since I've done it once now, I should be able to give it my all.

As far as exercise goes, perhaps an afternoon bike ride with my girlfriend. We planned on going yesterday but the weather is much nicer today. If that doesn't pan out, then I'll be doing Bi's/Tri's and some kind of cardio.

Lori-Men don't understand how much we do. I honestly believe they simply don't think about it. How does working 8-5 compare to the shift work you use to do? I see now, picking 1 body part each workout to do DT sounds totally doable!

bbl

Hi ladies.
Well I was able to squeeze in a theory minute made up circuit of body weight exercises n cardio moves yday. Not sure what today will bring.

Gotta go! Off to breakfast! :)

Hello ladies,

Once again life got in the way of workouts between headaches, lack of sleep, a work related road trip and minor back stiffness - but am hoping today I can start again slowly. Guess I totally JINXED myself last week ! :confused:

Did get in one workout last Saturday, Woo Hoo and a bowling game at the Sales Meeting. That was fun and not really a w/o but at least more than being sedentary.

Diana - Wow, great job on the workouts and the weight loss. I dream of 2 a days and want so badly to get there. Thinking the time change may help at least accomplish that a few times a week to speed up weight loss. I was down a few lbs even without w/o's but the overnighter for our Sales Meeting put back on 5 ! Feel like a yo yo in that area. DD just sent me a pic of her scale after one week of running/weight w/o's twice a day - little bugger ! I told her to save me her "fat pants" cuz my scale keeps going up! :p

Yes your Avs beat us . . . congrats on the win. Good game in the beginning but we lost it so close to the end ! Exciting for any hockey fan but bummer when your team is on the losing end.

Laura - We have had sunshine too with mid 60-70 temps quite often and along with the time change, I am feeling more energetic too! Hope you figure out the pup issue. I am aching for a dog but DH is so doggone particular! LOL, think Di and are about the same as liking to watch games - I like a good game and, yes, like it when my team wins but all in all I like the hardest playing team to win, mine or the other.

Lori - Wow I am still envious of your long and productive workouts ! Congrats on the promotion ! I love accounting and many times wish I was back in that department. Sounds like you'll be having great fun with your parents soon. Where in Canada are you now? We'll be heading up to CDA Idaho the end of the month for a nephew's wedding. May be going back up in August for another nephew's wedding and hope to stay up there a while and camp up in Canada.

Wendy - Am sure you are having loads of fun - weather should be a very nice change for you along with good food, gambling and time alone with your DH! Looking forward to hearing how it went.

TG - Here and gone is how I feel lately too ! Hope we can both get it back on track soon . . .

Y'day we took the car to get serviced down in Monterey (beach town) and enjoyed walking around and driving out in the beautiful country in the loaner car. Today is also sunny and hopefully will be about 70 so plan on some outdoor chores. Have a nice day ladies !

Hi Girls:)

Just finished burn sets and core 1. I will fit in cardio later. It will most likely be spinning cause it will be after dinner. I have to meet some girls who want to talk about working out at 2, DH is going to work so the boys will be here with me.

I've been up since 4:45...doozed off for a few mins and then the baby woke up. I should have just stayed up at 5 cause I felt awful at 6:30. DS woke with a fever so DH took him to a dr. You know what we get like with fevers after that scare 4 yrs ago. So he has some kind of infection...it just never stops here

Diana** I just picked up the stuff to do my hair. I was going to go get someone to do it but we have a thing this weekend and I would like for it to be done before then. And I hear ya on the grey hairs. Most of mine are hid in the back where I can't see them. I don't have a big amount yet but I know it's coming! What's good about getting older really?? The only upside I can see is being financial stable but even then....I'd rather be broke and young:eek:

Jacque** you can only do what you can do! If work isn't allowing for workouts then I guess that's it. DH worked nights last week so when the kids were in bed, I had all the time to myself. It a little harder when he is home cause I feel like he wants me to hang out with him. I will probably have to scale back at some point in time or just do longer workouts on the weekends.

I may bbl!

Popping back in to report 3 miles/35 min on TM, Core #2 and then 100 reps bi's with DBs.

Was gonna hop back on the TM but decided to get some other stuff done.

Hopefully I've been sleeping well enough to get up and do my w/o in the AM - on Wk. 5 of the 3 month XT rotation.

Diana - did you get your bike ride in?

Wendy - nice job on the w/o y'day . . .

Lori - I'm with you on doing the grays myself - have been for years. Mine is pretty bad on the top and my sideburns . . . need to do them but think I might see if I can make it to next weekend so it will be "fresh" for the wedding !

Until tomorrow . . .

Hi Ladies,

I'm not sure if I'm digging the lowlites or not. This time she used a copper color, last time she used 2 colors and one of them was gold. She only used copper this time. Perhaps in a few days if I really don't like it, she can add some gold.

No workout to report yet. I didn't get home until after noon from my hair appt. It's way too windy to ride bikes safely so that was out. Then I made a grocery list, shopping, laundry etc. I'm still leaning towards at least a weight w/o, we'll see.

Jacque-glad you popped in! Just workout when you can, no harm. I only get in double w/o's on the nights I also have class or the weekends where I can do a cardio & wt. w/o. I would try coloring my own hair if I was blonde or brunette, but my strawberry blond hair makes it more difficult. Most color boxes don't indicate what the color would be for someone with my natural hair color.

Lori-I would let you do my hair if we lived closer!:) So are these potential training clients you're meeting with, or just some workout buddies? Hope DS is okay. Nothing wrong with taking a sick kid to the Dr., even if it is for the parents peace of mind. Better to be safe than sorry.

Wendy-glad you having a great time in Vegas!!!

bbl

Hey ladies! Celebrating St Pats at an Irish bar in our hotel! I am a leetle drink! ;) Heading to a show around 7. House back riding early a.m.tmrw hence the early drinking!;) bbl! :)

MON

Morning Ladies ..

Well - DH was one ILL PILL this weekend :confused: no romance for us :confused: geesh!! Good news he finally got off long hours tho :D WHEW!!!!! but he is SO TIRED!! poor guy!! More good news - KNOCK ON WOOD- I think I acually have a PUPPY!!! :D:D:D:D finallY!!!!

I was a busy bee this weekend - SAT didnt have much time - had errands - but I decided to put Zcuts in - HOLY CRAPOLA - it makes tabatacize look like a walk in the park - 10 minutes of burpee H##L!!!! :confused: SUN I went for a run and then did Core#1 - DOMS: legs, back, core! I also managed to re-do and organize my exercise clothes, my chest of drawers and my closet - I threw out anything I havent worn in a year or anything that was too tight for me!! Plus we burned around the house - so Toots got to ride all afternoon .. she had a big time!! LOLOL

Lori - I remember the scare w/your DS and the fever .. hope you catch this virus early and nip it in the bud! GRAY HAIR - eeek!! Not you - one up side about being blonde .. you really cant tell if you have those occasional grays .. heehee!!!

Di - I always prefer a 2 tone low lite when I get low lites .. much prettier to me!!! so the combat 60 live didnt give a good calorie burn?? wow .. that surprises me .. I am dripping sweat when i am done w/that one ..

Jacque - there you are!!!! glad you are back - nice run!! 100 reps of bis - eeeeouch .. that hurts to even think about it!!

Wendy - seems you are having fun in Vegas - saw your boquet pics .. cant wait to hear about your trip!!! Hope you went to O'sheas ystdy for ST. Pattie's day - that is the funnest casino!!! horseback riding today?? inner thighs gonna hurt tmrw kiddo!!! LOL

OK .. I better go - have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.