Control the Damage March month

TGIF .. woot woot!!!! finally FRIDAY!

Morning Ladies!

It is a GORGEOUS day today .. and should be a GORGEOUS weekend as well!! :D LOVING the sunshine - it is to get almost to 70 today - wish I was off ... all i gotta say is .. COME ON 5 o'clock!!!! Ystdy - we did combat 60 live - today's weigh in has my girls stil in second and 4th .. :D:D:D:D:D:D yessss .. I am like a PROUD MAMA!!!! n PIA still in LAST :eek: Today is a TOTAL REST day for me - well .. errrrr... it is a mini MUST DATE NIGHT - DH starts shut down - this will be my last night before he starts SHUT DOWN - ugh - long hours - and ILL ILL ILL!!! :confused:

Lori - a sweet tooth and TTOM come hand in hand :mad: dammit!! I usually crave sweet .. then salty .. then sweet .. then salty :eek: aaahhhhhhhh .. dang hormones!!!

DI- Combat 60/and 45 does have some shuffles .. funny you say that your knee doesnt like them .. mine doesnt either .. I do this weird .. step skip step thing .. instead . . :p ..w/your injury being on the side of your knee .. you need to watch the side balance on the kicks tho!! the POWER HiiT .. is fun .. and it builds and builds .. tuff little workout .. it will surprise you for sure!!

TG- sooo too much fun last night??? :p:p hey and you still worked out .. that was awesome!

Hello Wendy and Jacque - what are you up to today?

OK - better run - tmrw is DB b-day .. I have NO IDEA what to get him ... or what we are doing or supposed to be doing ... OK .. gotta jet ..have a great one!

Hi Ladies!

Where is everyone? It is snowing here and we are expecting 8-14" today. It's a fast moving storm though as the temps are supposed to be in the 50's-60's next week. That means the trails I run on will be muddy.:mad: I ran 3 miles yesterday and used the endomondo app on my phone as well as my garmin. When I plugged the garmin into my computer, the numbers seemed out of whack. Then I realized my garmin was set to cycling, not running...GGGRRR.

I'm back to loosely following the 90 day Xtrain rotation. I'm on week 9 and today calls for Supercuts and abs. I may give the Combat HIIT Power a try today too. Tomorrow I'm supposed to run 4 miles and will have to do that on the Dreadmill at the rec ctr.

Laura-how was date night?

TG- nice job getting a w/o following a HH evening! We all indulge every now and then, no harm done.

bbl

Good Morning. :)

Sorry I was MIA y'day but I had an errand to run at lunch.

Y'day morning I did TF HiiT 30 and this morning I did Combat Upper Body Blow Out. Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day.

Y'day I was talking to the woman who heads up accounting where I've been training to work part time and I found out that if I like it, she would like me to work in her dept full time! WOOT!:D She is very impressed with how quickly I picked up on what she taught me in just a few days and says I'm a very efficient worker. I also found out that file clerks who've been there for a few years now were passed over for this position b/c she didn't care for thier work ethic. Apparently one gal in particular was NOT happy about this. I feel badly but it's not my fault. I didn't ASK for this but glad I am getting it! :) I may still help out with duties that the position I was hired for require as needed but that would only be a few hours a week. Alternately, they may decide instead to split that work up amongst the remaining file clerks or hire a new person to fill the position. It's not a full time job though so she doesn't think they will hire for it. IDK why they put the ad in for it that I applied to to begin with but I'm sure glad that they did! I'm so excited! :D

Ok, no time for personals...off to my intern interview at the training studio, then home for lunch and off again to the gym to do some interning at 2:00pm!

I'll be back with personals as soon as I can.
Have a fantastic Saturday, Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:cool:

Last edited:
Hey guy :rolleyes:

Quick check in on my way to pick up my sister to help me clean. This morining I did Legs & Glutes Xtreme,bbl:rolleyes:

Okay Combat Gals, HIIT Power kicked my butt after I did Supercuts and Core #2. It started out great and I was able to use 15# db's, but the jump lunges after the sumo jumps...tough! Oh, and let's not discount burpee hell! I did the best I could, but not up to speed with the DVD. The killer ab work at the end rounded out this toughie! The weight moves are the same as what we do in bodypump as well as the sumo jumps and ab work so those were very familiar to me.

We gettting slammed with snow. May be a good day to do some cleaning or just wrap up and watch tv.

TG-I love when my sister helps me clean. It goes so much faster and I feel much more accomplished when she helps me out! Happy Cleaning!

Wendy-Glad the accounting position sounds like a winner for you. Do you get more money? I would hope so, especially with your background. Enjoy you interning hours, you sure are racking them up quickly!

bbl

Hey Gals:)

What a lazy bunch I have in this house. DS is just waking up and the baby is still sleeping and it's almost 5:30! DS only naps when he is getting sick but I think it might be legit this time. His weeks are just as hectic as ours and he never rest. He just keeps going so I think his body may have needed the snooze. As for the baby, I've opened his door but he still isn't moving...I think they have a case of the Wendy's!:eek:;).

I didn't workout yesterday. Friday evenings I'm just zapped. I was also ticked with dh yesterday morning. I knew yesterday evening he was just going to want me to hang out so we just lazed around.

Earlier today a couple of the other moms and their kids were here for coffee. After lunch I started my workout and I really don't know how long it took me. I did xtrain back and tris double trouble, tris 100 rep challenge, 40 mins on the TM mixed in with supercuts. I felt like I made up for yesterday's rest day. I'm hoping to get out for a run tomorrow.

Diana** more snow:eek:? It lightly snowed here the other day but I haven't seen any big amounts of snow since we moved here. It just never gets warm enough to melt. Congrats on the weightloss! You should be happy !

Laura** there is a weightloss challenge at your office? There should be a smokeloss challenge at mine. Never seen so many smokers in all of my life. I won't be socializing with them if that's what it involves. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Oh...did you ever get that new puppy after?

Wendy** I wondered if I was stepping on toes too when I got offered the new position but then I quickly realized that it wasn't my fault. I've been helping a girl all week with her work load and I haven't fully decided if her work load is to heavy or if she isn't that effective. Every time I see her she's in her office, working but she just might be the slow going kind. She def as a bigger work load then others but that will soon change now that I've started. It was hard to work yesterday afternoon cause my desk is in a high traffic area, no one wanted to work so they were walking around looking for someone talk to:confused:

I will bb tomorrow!

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Guess everyone must be busy this weekend! Today is Zach's 23rd Birthday! In a couple weeks Cody will be 25, then we'll be done with the birthdays for a while.

This morning I did Burn Sets CSB and Core #1. My shoulders are already feeling it. I think the rotation calls for legs tomorrow.

I've been doing good on my eating for the most part. I did a make a chocolate cake for Zach and had 1 piece. Will try to keep it at that!

What's everyone else up to? Did y'all remember to Spring Forward 1 hour??? It really sucks losing an hour on the weekend.

bbl

Hey Girls,

Today's workout was 100 rep hip thrust 2 x's, core 2 ,then I created my own circuit and broke out another tv again. I did 5 mins on the TM, 1 tabata section, then 6 sections of cardio legs and I repeated it 4 x's. So I did all of cardio legs, 4 sections of tabatise and 20 mins on the TM. I enjoyed core two. It was the first time I had done it. I am so sore today...pretty much everywhere. I thought the only thing that wasn't sore was my bics but even they started flaring up later this afternoon. I guess its from all the back work. I would suggest to anyone here to do double trouble..oh and then the 100 rep challenge:p

I made dinner and DH still isn't home. Its 7 and now I don't even feel like eating anything. I like eating early.

Diana** My kids birthdays are all at the beginning of the year too. Not as close are your kids though. DD's birthday is on the 22nd and then that's it for my kids this year. I still haven't had a party for DS. I told him that when we moved and we made friend's we would have one. I don't think he has been invited to a party either. Maybe here they just invite their friends instead of their classmates.

I may bb in the morning~!

Good Morning. :)

I decided to nix my rest day y'day in favor of continuing my work outs until I leave for Vegas on Thursday since IDK how much, if anything, will get done while I'm away.

That being said, y'day I did the weights only premix of XT Cardio Leg Blast, the ankle weights section of BBL High and Tight and 3 sets each of 2 stability ball ab exercises at 15-20 reps per set.

Today will be cardio of some sort. Not sure what I'm in the mood for quite yet...

So the big boss comes back to work today which means the ball should start rolling on my move to the accounting dept! :D The only thing I am not a fan of is that my desk is sooo much smaller then the cubicle I was assigned to as a file clerk. I also hear it can get dreadfully hot over there. :( I may have to buy one of those personal cooling units that they sell in the hi-tech stores to keep me from melting!:eek: A good B'day present idea perhaps? ;)

Lori:: You did the hip thruster challenge twice? :eek: You are crazy but I do admit that I like that idea!!! :p I'm putting on my to-do list for the future! ;) I agree with you about eating dinner late. UGH. 7 isn't too bad but anything after that I don't like. We went out to dinner with a bunch of DH's family on Saturday night. We arrived at 6pm (with a reservation!!!!) and (still) didn't even get seated until almost 7pm! By the time we were eating dinner it had to be like 8! :mad: I was totally cranky and felt gross by the time dinner was done. :eek: We went back to his cousin's house afterwards for a bit which I normally enjoy but man, I couldn't wait to get outta there, change into comfy clothes and just veg on the couch.

Diana:: Happy Birthday to Zach!!!:) Combat HiiT Plyo is a killer work out on it's own! I can't believe you paired it up with Supercuts! :eek: No wonder it kicked your butt! I would hope that it did!!!! You are another crazy girl!;):D $$$ has not been discussed at work (yet). I am still on new employee probation until the end of April so I honestly don't expect anything regardless until the probation is over atleast. In addition, when I was first approached about this, I was told it was only to help out three mornings per week when apparently they were really testing it out to see if I was a good fit for offering the f/t position too. That being said, no raise was offered at the time. I'm thinking/hoping once my 3 months is up if I am still doing well over there that I will be compensated. They seem to be a very good and fair place to work so I am thinking I will get something!

Hello to Laura and TG! Hope you girls had a great weekend!:)

Guess that's all for now.
BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Back quickly to report my work out...

TBTS Back/Biceps/Core Premix omitting Biceps work followed by XT Cardio Leg Blast Cardio Only Premix. Good stuff! :)

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning:)

We went to bed early last night but I wasn't in a hurry to get up this morning. I was def a sleep by 11 and I didn't have to wake up as early b/c I don't have to drop anyone off this morning. I also don't have to go get the work mail b/c I went on Friday to pick up a parcel and she told me that there were 8 more boxes to be picked up so I grabbed it all.

So today is Day #1 of eating clean(er). I have been picking and eating way to many sweets. The scale went up a little but I don't mind that b/c prior to leaving home, I was below where I should have been. Right now I am sitting at 122...which is fine and I have my bum back:D BUT I don't like this bloated feeling I have on the go. So let's see what happens when I nip it and just get back on track. Sometimes I need a reminder that I can't stuff my face all day long...esp now with a office job. So if anyone wants to join me feel free!

Wendy** I hate eating late, I'd rather not eat at all. By the time DH got home last night it was after 7 and then he played with the boys for a bit. I wasn't hungry anymore...(my point on the picking) so I didn't eat. And I also hate being hot! How will you survive? Esp when we have to dress for winter and then be stuck in a hot office. I use to have the window open all the time before I moved offices. My bum is feeling whatever it was I did yesterday. I go a little heavier with cardio legs too. My legs were feeling it near the end.

I will bbl!

MON

MOrning Ladies ...

ahhhhhh .. loving the new time change - I feel more myself - and can not wait for the sunshine in the afternoon - wont have any today tho - it is to be stormy all day! but we had one heck of a gorgeous weekend! Despite DH long hours i had a great weekend! Got a ton of stuff done around the house - and outside - spring is in the air - the flowers and trees are blooming - the sunshine was gorgeous (think I have been needing some Vitamin D therapy) - i managed a LONG beautiful run SAt - guess it was 5+ miles - I ran hard too - I was SO SORE ystdy - I was gonna workout ystdy - but DH couldnt sleep and he got up early and we started working outside and bathed Toots .. etc .. so I took another rest day!

Lori - no pup yet - but dare I say I think i am close to getting one - i have another deposit on one - and have a picture of a litter I am hoping I will get one male from! (fingers crossed)

Wendy - congrats on the upgrade in position! WTG - you n Lori are progressing right along! Great workouts!!!

Di - you did Combat power Hiit AFTER supercuts :confused::confused::confused: have you lost your mind??????? Power hiit is one that sneaks up on you - starts out easy enough n builds n builds until you are like WTH???? LOL yes BURPEE HELL I would say for sure!!

Hello to Jacque!

Ok .. gotta get to work- have a great one!

Happy Monday:D

Was not able to check in Sunday man oh man, I had a very eventful day!!!!!

Any who lol, Sunday I did Les Mills Combat live 60 omg this workout is the truth;)

Today, ended up in a rest day, I could not get up this morning.

Hey Girls

Heading to bed again. This is my unwinding and it makes me sleepy

I did xtrain chest double trouble again, I couldn't find a 100 rep challenge so I made up my own. I did chest flyes 100 times. I also did core 2, 30 mins on the TM and the floor section of low impact (or whatever it's called...the xtrain workout). I didn't realize how lunge that one was and my legs were already sore from yesterday's workout.

Work was good today. I was lazy...think it was the time change! My old supervisor was back in the office today and they all had a meeting about what they expected of me. I think one wanted me to do certain things, while the others wanted me in AP. After their chat my old supervisor came to get me and asked me what I wanted to do. I could stay where I was doing some AP stuff and still answer the phone. Or I could move upstairs with the accounting girls and not have any admin responsibilities. I figure if I'm going to concentrate on AP then I should probably go upstairs and be some where quieter. My desk is in a high traffic area.

Laura** sounds like you had a nice weekend. Well, there are no flowers blooming here!!! I did see a little piece if grass sticking out though. Those pups are so much work! Your gonna be TI-RED!

TG** gotta love eventful days!

I'll bb tomorrow!

Hi Ladies,

I did Xtrain Legs yesterday morning and used heavy weights. I debated doing GS Legs and may sub that w/o the next time legs comes up in the rotation. Bootcamp class kicked my ass last night! We ran stairs, harness running around the track, weighted walking lunges around the track (with a triple lift on the back leg) pushups....to cool down we walked around the track alternating 10 bicep curls and 10 OH presses. For ab each group member picked an ab exercise and we did 25 reps, so 300 reps of all different ab exercises! My legs are super sore this morning.

This morning calls for Bi's & Tri's and abs. I wanted to see how long double trouble was, goodness it's an hour and half but I only see that premix option for CBS.

Wendy-Congrats on the Accounting position. Too bad you get a smaller desk though. You've been getting in some good w/o's!

Lori-It sounds like you've kicked your w/o's up another notch! I need to buckle down on my eating too. That seems to make the biggest difference, but its also the toughest for me. So running on the treadmill was your recovery between the tabatas...you are one crazy girl!

Laura-Glad you are having warm temps! We got another round of snow last night...that was not in the forecast. We are still supposed to warm up to the high 60's by the end of the week. About HIIT Power, it was only 30 mins and supercuts alone just doesn't do it for me. Boy, was it tough!

TG-ooohhhh, I haven't tried Combat Live 60 yet. I've just been concerned about my knee. May take a peek at it soon, it seems to get rave reviews!

Jacque-Hate to brag, but my AVS beat your SHARKS!!! What are you up to?

bbl

TUE

MOrning Ladies!

We have SUNSHINE - it is COLD .. but the sun is out - I was hoping for a run outside today but dang it .. 2 of the girls have b-days and they are having a GGT tonight :mad: DANG IT!!! I cant miss it tho .. b/c one of them is my friend that just lost her brother! OH well.. it will be pretty tmrw!!! I did combat 60 live ystdy and it was STILL LIGHT when I went home .. woohooo .. oh I am soooo much more myself on this time!! :cool:

Lori - nice workouts - congrats on the move - so what is AP?? sorry if you said already I missed it!! yes I was thinking last night as Toots was all snuggled quietly in her chair and I was wrapped in a blanket on the couch how quiet the house was .. how different it will be with a puppy!! LOLOL .. but I will welcome the change!!! Toots might not for a while .. but she will love the company when we are gone!! we need some comic relief!!!

Di - bootcamp sounds BRUTAL!!!!! I am hoping maybe SIL and I can come up w/a bootcamp-ish workout for the "girls" now that the time has changed ... but nothing as brutal as that .. YIKes I would hate for the teacher to pass out in front of the students .. LOL!!!

Wendy - I know you are getting excited - VEGAS BABY!!! isnt far away!! woohooo!!! I am excited for you ... fun fun fun!!!!

Jacque - oooohhhhhh ... Di trying to start something!!!! LOLOLOL :p

OK .. have a great one .. gotta get busy .. have a great one!!

Getting ready for another late work out!

I'll be back when I'm done!:D

ETA:: XT Bi's and Tri's rounds 4-9 premix and Crossfire Plyo and Firewalker Tabata premix...DONE!:D

Laura:: Hope you had fun at the B'day gtg!

Di:: Thanks re the job change. Yeah, the smaller desk stinks but it's worth it! :) BC class sure does sound like an azz kicker! Once I'm certified I would love to run classes like that! {insert evil grin here!!!}

Lori:: You are crazy with your double trouble and 100 rep challenges in the same work out! I would opt to move upstairs too. Screw the phones! LOL I had to spend 2.5 hours manning the phones today when I could have been getting myself all caught up so I don't come back to a nightmare on Wednesday but we were short a person to cover so everyone had to take longer shifts. UGH.

Time for bed!:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Girls:)

Quick check in cause its nap time. Tonight's workout was double trouble bics and shoulders, 100 rep challenge for both,core 1, 25 mins on the TM and 30/30 and yes it took a while:confused:. I just keep jamming stuff in cause I never know what tomorrow will bring! Once I started bics I didn't really want to do it but I kept going! Lol

Diana** lucky for me my eating doesn't impact my weight a whole lot but I don't eat a massive amount. It's the picking that sometimes catches up to me and it makes me feel bloated. Ive been feeling hungry all day. Double trouble is only on CBS, and I broke it up b/c it was 90 mins long! I was a little ticked when it wasn't on b&t...you'd think if they are gonna do a double trouble premix for one, they'd do it for all. Sounds like you had a good workout last night:)

Laura** a puppy will def bring some comic relief your way. Kittens and puppies are so sweet, esp when they play. We are hoping to have our dog here in the next couple of weeks. A guy we know just found employment here and he is driving here next week sometime. I think it's a 5 day drive:eek: Rather him then me! We called to get the dog flown up and they still aren't flying animals until April 1st:mad: AP is accounts payable.

Wendy** up stairs I go:p My phone didn't ring today. I think they've already changed it. Actually I know they have. I got a lot more done b/c of it too. I'm guessing you went to bed instead of checking back in!!!

I'll bb tomorrow!

WED / Hump day ..

MOrning Ladies ..

BBBRRRR it is cold - 35 this morning and to be 27 tonight . CRAP .. I thought we were done w/the cold!! :mad: at least the sun is shining!! The GGT was FUN - just what the DR ordered - perfect group - no drama - lots of laughter - (much needed) - catching up just fun!!! diet was blown tho :eek: you just cant eat MX w/o CHEESE .. and CHIPS!!! :p I did manage to do Combat Power HiiT before I went tho - sooo maybe that helped some!! LOL

Lori - AP -- well DUH?? I am a dummy!!! :eek: :p yes go for the AP position - I despise the phones - I stay on the phone and when I get home i REFUSE to answer ours .. LOL!!! Oh man - I didnt realize you didnt have your dog with you - oh - I bet you miss him!!!

Wendy - you have me cracking up w/your posts on FB .. thanks for the smiles and giggles!!! crazy girl!!! countdown to Vegas huh??? Viva Las Vegas!! woot woot!!

Di - are you sore after your workout ystdy on top of the brutal BC class???

Hello Jacque - hope wherever you are your back is cooperating!!

OK - so even tho it is COLD - and it is WINDY - I MEAN I am fitting in a run today!!! dang it - i have given the girls their "assignments" and I am gonna hit the trail!! May have to slow my pace b/c of the wind - but by gosh i am getting my run in today (yesterday was PERFECT dang it) ... ok have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.