Constantly surprised

LastTango

Cathlete
I am in the last month of STS. I chose to do the 6 month rotation to give myself more time to build my strength. I'm in Meso 3 now. I am constantly amazed by the heavier and heavier weights I am lifting. It might be hard the first week, but then it seems pretty easy the second time around. Yesterday I was using 43.5 lbs (barbell) for bench press. I was like...OMG, who knew I could do that? I'm sure for some people that is a light weight, but it is heavy to me. 48.5 lbs for barbell rows used to kill me; now it's a snap. 33.5 lbs for front press got the shoulders talking to me the other day. I love it.

There are several times when I feel I could go heavier, but I don't have the extra weights!!! I'm going to have to remedy that situation before I do STS again.

STS is an amazing program, and worth every penny. Thanks Cathe!

That's awesome, its pretty cool isn't it!

I feel the same way about not having enough weights. My husband has plenty of olympic plates that he works out with, but they are the 45 and up plates and I hate messing with that size. I like my 25, 15, 10 etc ranges, way easier to change up. This is what gets to me when he does STS, he's benching 375 pounds :confused: compared to my pawltry 95 in week 3 of Meso III. So everything is relative, that's for sure. This is my second time around, my first venture into STS I was benching 70 max at the end, so the numbers have improved again. I've always lifted, but sort of that 3 sets of 10 reps, etc., and the usual variety of 10 body exercises. This program is so varied, so now I'm thinking I will probably be doing this forever (along with kettlebells).

This past week, I was able to go with the heaviest weights ever: 51 pounds for chest press and 61 pounds for barbell rows and deadlifts. I did go out and buy a few more weights so that I could increase my range.

It still amazes me how one week something is kind of hard, and then the next week, I add 5-10 pounds to what I was doing with no problem. WOW!

I am tall and lean with long limbs, which makes it hard for me to get muscles that actually SHOW without me flexing them; because of this people have a hard time believing that I can lift those kind of weights.

I love surprising them.:D

Hi, Last Tango:

I am starting Week 3 of Meso 2, and I am like you. I am really surprised by my strength gains already. I was benching 55 the other day and am heading toward a 1RM of 70 -- wow! Never thought I could ge that much weight up over my chest, esp. for multiple reps.

Good luck to you. It certainly is motivating when you see the strength gains and increasingly toned physique.

:D:):D:)

I love the feelings of empowerment too...

I love that the discipline of STS drives such feelings of empowerment - with outward strength comes even more inward strength...

I feel like I stand taller and feel more confident when I am consistently lifiting - and STS keeps me consistent and injury-free.

Love reading about all the strength gains here. I appreciate Cathe & team's vision and willingness to put together such high-quality and advanced programs.

Best thing on the market!

All the Best,
Suzie

I am finishing up my STS rotation of just meso 2 and 3. Don't have meso 1. I only have the legs to do on Saturday and am amazed with the program and feel so empowered. Not sure what I am going to do next but I almost want to go right back into meso 2 & 3 and see if I can improve some more.

I also need to be better and writing down my weights. I didn't do that this go round but next time will do that for sure.

Rhonda

I did disc 7 today. I'm halfway through Meso 1 (my 1st time). I am 57 years old and I don't think I had done a push up since high school till I started with Cathe. OK, I didn't finish the last 7 on my toes but I am amazed at the stamina & endurance I have developed! Honestly, this journey has changed me, I have never been so happy! Not just about muscles or the way I look, it goes much deeper. I appreciate life so much more as well. Thanks to all the wonderful positive strong women who post. You have inspired me and I will pass it on. My next goal is to go on a Road Trip.

This is my last week of STS. My goal at the start of this was to be able to do 10 pushups on my toes. I've always done them on 1 knee with the other leg raised...not too easy, but not too hard.

Yesterday, I thought...it's now or never. So I got down, and OMG!!! :eek: I cranked out 10 decent pushups ON MY TOES. I still can't do the 30 in a row that are in earlier workouts of STS, but it's a start. My upper body strength in particular has increased like you wouldn't believe. My arms are much more defined too.

I'm taking the next two months off from STS. I'll still work out, but just give my body a change for a bit. I'm going to start again in December with the 3 month rotation, and see if I can add some more pushups to my goal.

STS rocks. Thanks Cathe!!

I feel the same sort of amazement too. I feel like I can actually go over or close to the 1 rep max on bench presses and bent over rows (miscalculated maybe?). What impresses me most are the improvement in plyo legs. I can finally do the whole set of buttkicks over the 14'' step and do the up and down jumps on the 14" step. Squat thrusts don't kill me anymore, except for the one legged ones, and I can do the lateral jumps over a 6" platform with no problem. I thought I'd hate Meso 3, but so far I'm lovin' it and the strength and performance gains I've acheived.

STS Rotations

When I finish a 3 or 6 month rotation should I start from the beginning again, take off how long in between (just the week), longer? Start from the beginning and use more weights?

Couldn't find anything in the book. Thanks for any info.

When I finish a 3 or 6 month rotation should I start from the beginning again, take off how long in between (just the week), longer? Start from the beginning and use more weights?

Couldn't find anything in the book. Thanks for any info.

I recall some posts from SNM quite a while back, that suggested to move on to other workouts for a bit before starting STS again. I think the reason for this, is you will get more out of it by switching up your routine for a couple months, so when you come back to it again, you create the same kind of shock to your body.

My impression of STS, Meso 1, day 1. Challenging, cute guys, and it's great to see Brenda smiling and laughing alot. After a two year break for education and one month of working out, I decided to commit myself to STS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.