Commit to Get Fit & Lean for November 2014

'Morning!
Belinda, yes, your dh should definitely talk to my mine about surprises. So, what was it? I'm sure you enjoyed it, esp. since you are so deserving.
Amelia, Great Smokies?!!! Enjoy. You definitely are deserving of a beautiful break, and what a place to go to. JS's challenge is definitely challenging me. I'm loving it.
Kristin, me too! I can't wait for summer. Deb's question was a good one. I actually spent so much time working yesterday, I didn't get my wo in! And it really aggravates me, but I did want to get that presentation down pat and get another project going.
Wendy, how many so far this week?
Deb, hope the gf is doing okay. I also like to think no news is good news. Was the yoga instructor your regular one? When we went to the mall last weekend, it was packed!
Drank a glass of wine last night, and not sure if it is related, but I woke up at 3 am. Rested and then finally got up. Did yesterday's planned stability ball sculpt, cardio fusion flow and stride and strength walk. Since I didn't get 10K yesterday, definitely am motivated to do it today.
Have a great day.
Cookie

Good morning,

DH took me to the Kennedy Center to see a play it called "Shear Madness". It was a blast. Today we are going to La Perla-Fine Italian Quasine, after dinner we will attend the Opera-La Boheme. I never been to an Opera, that should be interesting, lol. Having lots of fun.

I am done with my workouts. I did JS and SBF Tabata this morning. I bought a Fit bit flex, I getting all my steps in. We are walking a lot. Food been good too. Not overeating. Tonight I will eat.

I will be back home tomorrow, will catch up on personals when I am home. Happy hump day.

Hi,

Today I did High Reps lower body. Ds's gf is doing much better, she is resting at home for a couple of days before she goes back to work. She is a nanny for 3 children & goes to school at night so I'm sure she really needs it.

Belinda - Your surprise is awesome!! I've never been to the Opera either you will have to tell us about it.

Cookie - It's crazy that a glass of wine can keep you up, but it's happened to me before. It was a different instructor but she is tough too, we did a ton of lunges & push-ups.

Waves hi to everyone

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Quick check in, since I have to be out the door in 15 and still have lunch, makeup and clothes to attend to, but I do have my priorities!
Belinda, I've heard that play is hysterical. Glad you enjoyed it. My DH introduced me to the opera, and now I enjoy it. Lots of drama.
Deb, glad she's doing okay, and is smart to be resting. Wow, she must have some work ethic! Do your wrists ever get sore from all the pressure on them in yoga?
Did JS tb in 10 and then the Planksgiving challenge. Feel like I'm cheating on Cathe, but this has been a nice change. Remember that presentation I worked for 13 hrs on Tuesday, and didn't get a wo in due to it? Well, yesterday morning, I heard that it may not run, and since it was so specifically designed for that district, I probably wasted that time. Lesson learned - I'm keeping my priorities straight, as mentioned above.
Okay, off to work, then a hair appt. Have a great day.
Cookie

Workout all done! I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I also walked the dog (short walk 20 min.) and played with him in the backyard. Yesterday was a rest day. Not sure what I want to do tomorrow. Some kind of cardio, that is for sure.

Deb- I usually do get more lenient at the end of the stack, lol. I came to that conclusion after your question. I was more aware of it. I guess I get happy when I almost done, haha.

Cookie- I agree with Deb. That has happened to me too. Every now and then one glass of wine will knock me out, only to wake up in the middle of the night and not able to go back to sleep. Annoying. That stinks about your presentation being cancelled after all that work you put into it.

Belinda- enjoy! Love your surprises with DH. How was the Opera?

Waving hello to Amelia and Wendy!

Kristin

Good afternoon,

I came home last night, just finished my workout. I did JS and SBF Barre workouts.
The opera was amazing. I was afraid I didn't like it. Ended up loving it. The entire theater was sold out.

Cookie - that play was hysterical. I was laughing the entire time. If you ever get a chance go see it. Highly recommend. I never went to the opera, but have to say I really enjoyed it. I couldn't believe how many young people went…love it.

Debbie - glad she is doing ok. Poor thing. You need to go to the opera, I think you would enjoy it too.

Kirstin - nicely done! I loved the opera. I think you would like it too. Have you been to the opera before? Had a lot of fun this weekend/weekdays. Nice break. Eating wasn't so great the on Wednesday, lol Oh well.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Friday.

Hi,

Yesterday I did High Reps upper body. I decided to take a rest day & hopefully double up tomorrow. I had a lot of energy all day but by the time I came home decided to watch TV with DH.

The mall I was at today has a Santa display based on the movie "Frozen". Now I know why it was so hard to get parking! So many little girls dressed up as Princesses it is an amazing display set-up like an ice palace, the line was so long & I don't think it was for Santa LOL.

Belinda - You had an amazing week! I'll have to put going to an Opera on my bucket list. Kudos on getting all your workouts in.

Kristin - It was be hard to walk the dog now that the weather turned. Lucy tries to find the spots where the sun comes in through the windows to lay down.

Cookie - That must have been so frustrating that they may cancel the presentation you worked so hard on:( My wrists must be used to yoga because it is rare that they hurt anymore during yoga:confused: only once in awhile.

Waves hi to everyone

Hey girls, quick check in before I get ready for work.

I'm 3 days behind on the JS challenge, blah. I plan on doing doubles the next few days to catch up. Luckily one workout is only 10 minutes and tomorrow is a rest day;)

Can I just say how amazing you guys are? We all work hard and yet we still manage to get our workouts in. How about a round of applause for us :)

ok...bb after work today. oh and my vaca was fun...cold, but very fun.

'Morning!
Belinda, another play that's hysterical is Menopause, the Musical! I took my mom a two years ago, and I don't remember seeing her laugh so much. She was crying. On Saturday afternoons the Metropolitan Opera is often on, and I'll listen to it. What really adds flavor for me is they announcers telling about the story, author and characters. We used to have subscriptions when we lived in the city, and then I would have to read in a book I have with that kind of info. Now, some productions are projected into IMAX theaters around the country. Your husband is amazing.
Amelia, so glad you had fun, but not surprised that it was cold in dem mountains! Don't be fooled that 10 min one I felt for a long time after, esp in my thighs. She packs a lot in but even the doms feel somewhat good later. I'm a day behind if that makes you feel any better, and I wasn't on vacation. Just checked the rotation, and you'll be caught up soon.
Kristin, seems like you must be pretty busy. What are your weekend plans?
Wendy, how many for this week?
Deb, sometimes you just need a rest, esp with all the running around you do. To tell the truth, think I'm more frustrated that I didn't work out on Tuesday due to working on the pd. One would think after all these years, I would be able to put myself ahead of work for at least an hour. Is the gf still resting and improving? My wrists really bother me sometimes more than others. Wonder if it is b/c I've broken both of them, one twice. Hoping yoga will help w/strengthening them.
Yesterday slept late, must have been making up for waking up at 3 on Wednesday! Anyway, still managed to get 10K in. Today is cardio ballet, barre burn, and maybe a walk. It's freezing outside, snow last night and the night before. Hockey game last night and another one tonight. Went for middle eastern food before the game - yummmm. Have a great day.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will do SBF Upper Core + Cardio + Weights = 20 min plus UB + Core w/Bands= 30 min. And I will do JS Full Body Stretch, Rest and Relax = 30 min + DVD High Energy walk = 40 min (??).

Cookie - I need to look that play up? Haven't seen it on the schedule. DH i s a keeper!

Debbie - I sure did! Glad you had a relaxing evening with your husband.

Amelia - have fun catching up this weekend. Happy belated Birthday.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Hi all. Last night I did get a quick workout in. I did All Out floor plus core 1 premix. Today I did Low Impact Circuit. I love that oldie. I am getting really excited for the new workouts. The clips are looking great. The one I am most excited about is the Upper body circuit one. It looks like it has new moves in it and fun too. I wonder how much longer it will be.

So we are having Thanksgiving at my house this year. I emailed my sister to let her know and she responds that this year they are spending it with my BIL's family because they alternate every year. I was relieved to be honest. Now there won't be this underlying tension. The funny thing is they have never spent Thanksgiving with my BIL's family since they got married. They have always spent it with my family every year (no alternating), lol. I don't care either way. I just wish it didn't have to be like this. My mom is getting worse and I know my dad stresses. I certainly don't want to add to his stress, so I am not saying a word about it. I just think it is BS. Anyway, what are you going to do, right?

Belinda- I have only been to a production of La Boheme, but at a university. I would love to see Carmen one day, that is my favorite opera.

Cookie- my thrilling plans are cleaning and grading, lol. I am living it up over here, haha. Oh, and cannot forget the laundry! We might be going rug shopping tomorrow. I want to get area rugs for the living room and den.

Deb- I wish DH would walk the dog once in a blue moon. He always finds an excuse. My dog is so high energy he NEEDS to be walked, lol.

Amelia- clapping over here for all of us ;). Glad you had a good vacay!

Waving hello to Wendy.

Kristin

Hi,

I did Muscle Max & throw in a few walking lunges & some planks. I need to come up with a plan for workouts & meals so I won't have to think about it. I did some cleaning today.

Amelia is right you girls are doing an amazing job with your workouts!!

Belinda - The Energy walk DVD sounds interesting!

Kristin - I looked at my Thanksgiving list from last year today, can't believe it is so close:) I know what you mean it seems like my MIL is getting worse & you can see how stressed my FIL is (so sad).

Amelia - "HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY" it sounds like your vacation was fun!!

Cookie - Breaking both wrists is tough, I can see why they would get sore. Maybe yoga will help, I wonder if their is a support glove (not sure of the right name) that would help.

Waves hi to everyone

Good afternoon,

I will do a nice, long stretch today. Been on my feet since 6 am this morning. My friend and her husband are coming for lunch. I cooked a early TG dinner, lol. The turkey was so yummy! I don't have to cook tomorrow.

Debbie - it was on her walk dvd. Like it a lot. Good job on MM.

Kristin - my son told me it's a very famous play, never heard off it before. I really enjoyed it. That's cool you been to a production. Sorry about your sister. At least you can relax this TG. Maybe one day she will realize what she is doing?

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Hi everyone. Our dryer died yesterday. . . while I had a load in it and another load in the washer! We were about to buy a new one, when DH posted on facebook that it died and my brother called us to tell us he had a new one just sitting in his basement. A friend had given it to them when they moved in their house, but my dad bought his a gas one, so he just had this extra dryer. We took it and it is working, so thankfully no need to spend money. Lol. I did go to Lowe's and got a nice area rug for my living room. I've been wanting to get a rug in there. Now I can use my slide and glide discs, :). SO today I did Afterburn. Wow! That workout never gets easy. I felt great when I was done. My legs will be sore tomorrow that is for sure.

Belinda- My brother said the same thing. At least it will be peaceful and this is going to be something she will have to live with when my mom gets even worse or dies. I wish things could be different, but I cannot put myself out there with her again. She has hurt me too many times and the last time she went after my husband when I wouldn't play the game with her. If she can attack my husband verbally, the next step would be my kids. She doesn't take her meds. . . I just cannot do it anymore. I wish she lived far away. I don't want her to be hurt or suffer, but far away would be nice.

Deb- MM is a good one too. I am actually switching from TB workouts to splits and heavier weight. I am doing Gym Styles right now. Hopefully for another week or two until the new workouts arrive!

Have you guys seen the clip for plyo 2? I cannot wait!

Kristin

'Evening!
Belinda, lately I've truly been enjoying JS's workouts, and they're getting me good. Hard to believe what she can pack in a short amount of time and seem like she's being so sweet about it. Do you prefer the white or dark turkey meat better? Pumpkin, apple, or sweet potato pie?
Amelia, Happy Belated Birthday! I'm so sorry. When was it? I'll put it in my calendar so I know for next year.
Kristin, having family members with bipolar isn't easy. We saw our oldest son last night, and he's so upset his siblings really don't want him around, but to tell the truth, I can empathize with them! It's just never relaxing or peaceful. Nice score on the dryer - you're lucky. We have to replace the carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms and are trying to decide on what to do. I think I'll be spending time at Home Depot, Lowes, and a few other local stores trying to get ideas and estimates. My dh would never walk the dogs on his own either, but he'll come with me when I walk them.
Deb, are you cooking? Keeping a list from one year to the next is smart. How many folks will be coming? How's your leg? My dh makes fun of me for being a list person, but I don't know how he thinks things get accomplished around here w/o one. I wish he would be more organized, but I definitely have become more so b/c he is not.
Went for a 9 mi hike, and it was so windy, my face is still red hours later. Dogs are so tired from it, they're just sprawled on the floor, snoring. Think I'll be calling it an early night soon myself.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will do SBF - Cardio Barre 4 = 30 min + Bring Sally Up Booty = 10 min and JS Calorie Crushing Cardio = 20 min.

Cookie - you are funny! You are not cheating on Cathe, lol! You are just testing new waters. Nothing wrong with that. It may be a good change too. And yes, Jessica packs in a lot in 30 min. without all the high impact. I love white meat and pumping pie.

Kirstin - sometimes you can't change people or family. Best thing you can do is keep some distance . Love the rug. Awww…Baxter is so handsome. Good for him relaxing on the new rug. My dogs would do the same. Where did you buy the rug? Love it!

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. BBL!

'Evening!
Belinda, I'm with you on preferring the white meat and love pumpkin pie, but really do prefer sweet potato pie! Yumm, I'm getting hungry just thinking of it all. I don't think I could have done that workout for a longer amount of time this morning, but I felt good when done not worn out.
Kristin, nice rug and lovely dog. Baxter looks like he thinks the rug is for him!
Amelia, hope you had a good day.
Wendy and Jessica, where are you two?
Deb, did you have snow today? I had about six inches this morning. Yucky rain all day too.
Did 20 min calorie crushing cardio this morning and thigh/glute walk. TG dh was late leaving this morning, since my car's battery was dead. Even w/the jump and driving for an hour, my dashboard never fully lighted up and the defrosters were pitiful. Then it started right up this afternoon! Go figure. I didn't take any chances and dropped it w/mechanic. TG for loaner cars. Have a 6:45 am!!! dr.'s appt, so will probably take tomorrow as a rest day.
Take care,
Cookie

Hi everyone. I did Slide and Glide tonight. Haven't been able to use my discs in so long because my disc covers had holes in the them from being work out. With the new rug in the living room, I can use them without the covers. It was so nice to did S&G. I know my inner thighs will be talking to me tomorrow.

Did you guys see the clip for Low Impact Hiit #2? It looks like so much fun. I cannot wait to get this series.

Cookie- Baxter does seem to love the rug. I have to tell you I get so frustrated with the situation with my sister. I want a relationship with her, always have, but it is just never peaceful, like you said. I cannot deal with it anymore. The only time it was "normal" was when she first got diagnosed and then found the right meds. She doesn't take them anymore though and I am enemy #1, my sister-in-law (brother's wife) is #2. It is sad. When I was younger we had huge family holiday celebrations with uncles and cousins and aunts. I miss those days. My sons seem to be excited to have their grandparents and uncle to themselves though, so I guess I should be happy that they are happy, lol.

Belinda- Baxter is a handsome dog, isn't he? When people compliment me on his looks, I say thank you with pride and then I realize.. . it's not like I made him or anything, lol. He is my third baby, haha.

Okay, off to shower and relax.

Kristin

Hi,

Ugh, not sure if was the change of weather rain & cold but had a migraine all day. I took a yoga class today & wanted to go back home after and curl in bed but didn't:)

Yesterday I cooked but it wasn't Sunday sauce (which is rare for us) for ds's & gf's. I made chicken sausage & peppers. I also started getting ready for Thanksgiving.

Belinda - It was good to get a practice dinner in before Thanksgiving;) I love all the food for Thanksgiving of course the desserts too!

Kristin - Your baby is adorable!! He doesn't appear to be too big in the picture. For some reason I can't see the clips but I wanted to tell you that I liked the Upper body circuit preveiw at the RT.

Cookie - No snow, hopefully it melted by you. I have about 8 people coming to TG dinner. My leg only hurts if I bump it on the wrong angle. Great job with your 9 mile walk!!

Waves hi to everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.