Commit to get Fit & Lean for December 2014

Hey girls, sorry to be gone so long. I was in a rut with workouts, just no motivation lately. But the rut is over, I just finished Body Fusion and I forgot how great it feels to get in a good sweat. Man, ive missed this.

So how has everybody been? Its been the same old song and dance with me.

Belinda, Love the tree. Its a tradition in our house to put the tree up the day after ( or around) thanksgiving day, so its been up for couple of weeks now. Its nice to turn in on at night and see all the pretty lights.

Hello to everybody! I've missed checking in here. I will check back in tomorrow after work =)

Hi Ladies!

Okay did my first RWH workout: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and MAN I AM FEELING IT. I have definitely lost strength in my triceps-used 5lbs and 3lbs but even with those weights I'm feeling it today! GOOD STUFF! I'm not in bounce back enough shape for the HIIT, but I might try the lower impact one and see how far I get...

The book is coming along, I see a release date of next Saturday in my future. :) Edits will be coming back in tonight so I'll be working all week on it. They wanted to move it up because she loved that I had some Christmas time of year chapters in it and it's a really lovely, romantic, book, so yeah, they moved it up. :)

Oh, and at the same time-my novel Connectivity goes on sale for .99 starting December 20th so I'm trying to organize advertising for that, too. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kristin-Did you shop? Thanks for the previews of RWH...Now I want to try the step one!

Belinda-How are you feeling? How is the back?

Debbie-I hope you are on the mend with that cold. Blech.

Cookie-You have a lot on the agenda today! So far I've been to the drugstore and a little grocery shopping. Will go to Whole Foods once it stops raining. And yes, I think my fingers will fall off after this marathon proofing week, LOL!

:) Wendy

Good evening,

I did Burn Sets: Bic & Triceps = 37 min. Love it! I also did SBF Christmas Stretch = 35 min. DH and I also took the dogs for a walk.

Wendy - that's good news about your book. My back still hurts, I am taking it easy by not going very heavy with my weights. Fantastic job on your workout today.

Amelia - glad you are back:D I missed you, girl! Next time you in a rut, stay we are here for you:) Glad you had fun with your BF today. Thanks about the tree, I am added more stuff after I posted the pic. Looks really pretty. German tradition is to put the tree up on Dec 24 and take it down on Jan 6:D Since I put up the tree so early, I probably will take it down before Jan 6. Once Xmas is over, I am done with decorations :p

Good night, everyone.

Rest day today. Well, from rwh anyway. I was at the mall at 8 am. I have 90% of my shopping done. Just odds and ends needed, stocking stuffers and such.

I didn't workout but I walked Baxter for an hour. Dog was stir crazy earlier this week. He enjoyed being out and about.

Five more days until my holiday break. I hope I make it. It's actually four for me. I'm taking a personal day Friday because DS is in d play in school and then my other DS has his concert in the afternoon. I hope these four days go fast!

Belinda- I love burn sets. You're in and you're out and you burn! Beautiful tree!

Wendy- glad you are feeling better. The step one was fun. The shorter workouts are great for when you don't have a lot of time too.

Deb- I bought a lot online. Got my parents and DH all at the stores. I'd say it's 50/50 right now. What are you putting in the photo book?

Cookie- I am starting the weights rwh this week. I had lower body DOMS the last few days from the cardio. Can't imagine what will gappen when I get to lift it hit it legs.

Bb tomorrow
Kristin

Good morning,

XTrain Chest, Shoulder and Back is done! I am getting ready to do SBF Barre workout.

Kirstin - DH likes the XTrain weight workouts too. Time flies! Thanks about the tree:) Good job on your walk and xmas shopping:D

Have a great Monday, everyone.

Hallo girls,

I am also done with SBF Basic Barre = 50 min and JM Belly, Buns + Thighs BC = 15 min.

Have a wonderful day and workout. BBL!

Hi Ladies! I was up editing until 11:45 last night. Getting very close to the end now! But no workouts. :)

Belinda-Great workout this morning! Glad to hear you went lighter with your weights until your back is better.

Kristin-At this point, if it isn't on Amazon Prime, it's not happening for gifts, LOL!!

Amelia-Good to see you back!

Waves to Debbie and Cookie!

Wow! I just did lift it hit it legs and I am in love!!!!! Thus was my favorite do far. It was challenging, fast-paced, intense, and my legs are wobbly. Best part it was 40 minutes! I know I am going to have DOMS tomorrow. I live doing weights and then a pluo move using the same muscles, ex: plié squats and then plié jacks. It was great. I added abs one to the end of it. I'm loving the standing ab work.

Belinda- I realized I didn't answer your question about Cynthia. I know it's her favorite song and I just wonder if Cathe did it on purpose as a nod to her. I know she loves Journey from Facebook posts.

Wendy- I'm too cheap to be on Amazon prime lol. My friend was telling me all about the benefits, which are great this time of year.

Waving hello to everyone else :)

Kristin

Hi,

Yesterday I cooked all day. The crunch is on at work, I'm counting down. This year at Macy's if they don't have what you need in the store they will have it sent to your house for free. One of the managers said they are so busy with finding merchandise to mail out that they don't have time to put it out on the selling floor:rolleyes: I can't wait to workout, & I feel better too!

Belinda - Your Christmas tree looks beautiful! It's funny when we went to get our tree the guy told us that some people put their tree up on Christmas Eve because Santa brings the presents & decorated tree. Geez, that would be so overwhelming for me:)

Kristin - I like that you get your Christmas shopping done so fast! Now I can't wait to try the leg workout.

Amelia - It does feel great to workout after a break:)

Wendy - I always want to read a Christmas book this time of year (my SILs do) but never get around to it:oops:

Cookie - The family calendar sounds like a great idea. Are you making Christmas cookies, it's always the last thing on my list but really want to make it the 1st;)

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, the tree is lovely. My husband's family always got the tree Christmas Eve and then decorated it also. DH has changed it to Thanksgiving weekend, but b/c I celebrate three kings, we keep it up. A couple of years even a few weeks longer! The stuff I tend to waste is fresh produce. Sometimes I'll buy arugula or another green in a container, and it is already getting "smelly." Yuck! Saw your dh, yours, and dd's initials on your tree. Lovely!
Amelia, glad you're back. We missed you and were concerned. You know we're always here for you. Nice job with bf!
Kristin, it is so hectic this time of year. This year, I realize most of the stress is what I've brought on myself - redoing the carpeting upstairs. My shopping also was 50/50. We went to Macy' on Sunday, and they had some great deals. Super that you are taking Friday to see your kids's programs.
Deb, Macy's was packed when we went on Sunday and really am pleased with the gifts we picked up there. Actually may go back today since I got a gift card that starts today. I still have one more gift to get. Could't figure out why my baked goods were "off" the past few weeks. They just weren't coming out the same as usual, even the more standard things I make every week. Our oven is off 25 degrees! Also two burners are no longer working, and then darn thing is only 7 years old. I'm aggravated, but esp since it is at this time of year. One part of my wants to rush out and get a new one, but another says slow down, we just spent a bundle on carpeting, ceiling fans, light fixtures, summer rentals, and Christmas. Seems hard to think of not baking this weekend tho.
Hiit ub circuit done. I had tricep doms for days after that one last week.
Cookie

Good morning,

Today is Hard Strike on my schedule, I can't do all those jumping jacks I will sub something else? I also will do SBF Stopwatch Planks 3 = 15 min + Christmas UB = 15 min. I also will do JS (yes, I am still doing her challenge) Fastest Fat Blaster = 13 min.

Cookie - lately I noticed that about salads too:) I hate when that happens. My family in Germany thinks I am crazy for putting up my tree so early. I doubt I ever put my tree up on TG, lol:D Like I said, the tree is coming down after xmas. Did you install your carpets or did you had someone do it? What color did you pick? What color did you painted the bedroom?

Debbie - that's German tradition, to put the tree up on Christmas Eve because Santa brings the presents & decorated tree:D That's good to know that Macy's shipping for free this year. I ordered all my xmas gift online.

Kirstin - I had no idea that is Cynthia fav song, I love it too! The song is from Journey? Mmm…no wonder I like it:)

Wendy - Yeah, on getting close to the end:D I love Amazon prime, I even order my dog food from Amazon. No more schlepping 50 pounds bags:p I know, the mail man hates me, when I order dog food I order 4 - 6 bags, 50 pounds dog food at once:p:D

Amelia - where are you:p

I'll better get moving. I will be back after my workouts. Have a great day and workout,everyone.

Hi Ladies!

THE BOOK IS DONE. Hurrah hurrah hurrah! Will be published December 20th. (Throws confetti)

Back to workouts tonight. :)

Belinda-I know, I get all kinds of stuff on Amazon prime! Like I was at Williams-Sonoma looking for a hand guard for the mandolin. They said they had a glove to protect your hand but couldn't find them in the shop. We left and went to Starbucks, I pulled up the glove on amazon and bingo! Getting it today. LOVE THAT.

Cookie-My oven is off 25 degrees and has been since I bought the house! I always have to adjust that when using it.

Kristin-I'm lazy which is why I love amazon prime. ;-)

Debbie-The Christmas Book market is big-I had no idea until I started publishing. Special covers, holiday release dates, etc. I'm really happy my cover has snowflakes on it, because then it can go through winter and not be a "Christmas Book" (and it only has a few Christmas-time chapters at the end, so I didn't want to market it as such.)

Waves to Amelia!

xo Wendy

Good afternoon,

I just finished Michelle's Dozois - Athletic Conditioning. Loved it:D I thought the moves were unique and fun. I was sweating bucket. Can't wait to do the stretch later this week. I still have SBF on tap for later.

Wendy - congrats on finishing your book:D That's fantastic! Have fun with your workout later.

Waving Hi to everyone that check in after me. BBL!

Hi,

I made it through another day:) I'm going to try and take a yoga class tomorrow morning (fingers crossed). All this talk about Christmas trees, someone told me today that she didn't have a chance to take her Christmas tree last year until Easter:eek: I was just speechless & I'm sure my jaw dropped LOL!

Belinda - I too waste salad greens, I always say I should just cook them up but that doesn't always happen:) Which series is it that Michelle does?

Wendy - Congrats on gettting the book done!! I didn't even thing of it but should have asked you for a book recommendation for a 25 year old male. Any suggestions?

Cookie - The Macy's Money deal was awesome bought some make-up with mine it was free:) Kohl's does that but don't remember Macy's ever doing that. With my Kohl's Cash I bought some much needed cookie trays (free too!) sort of.

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Belinda, the carpeting is a med-darkish blue. Since we have a log house, we only had to paint closets, ceilings, and partial side walls, and that is a light creamy yellow. Four bookcases were painted a glossy indigo. We were notified yesterday the carpeting is in, and they are installing it today. I'm so relieved, since honestly, everything is stored in my dd's room right now (3 rooms worth of furniture and stuff). She's coming home on Friday evening and right now, there is no way she could even walk in her room. So far in 23 years, the only things dh has paid for someone to do is replace roof, redo hardwood floors and now install carpeting. I was so happy one of my sister's talked him into it. He likes the challenge of learning and then doing it himself, which is great but ... I have some of Michele's but they are older. Two w/Tracy York, and two others that I can't remember the titles.
Amelia, glad to hear from you. Take care of yourself.
Wendy, congrats on the book. It's amazing how fast you were able to do that editing and turnaround. Do you bake a lot? 25 degrees off is the kiss of death to me w/this one. Two burners have stopped working, and that I could live with - but the oven! Last night looked at a few but it is so confusing. My dd and I bake a lot together, so it would be great to have one while she's home. How's the fingers? Any doms?
Kristin, only a couple of more days. Your boys must be getting so excited. How are your triceps? Mine spoke to me for days after that hiit.
Deb, I should look at makeup there. Perhaps they have an industrial strength under eye concealer! I've been thinking about some of the clothes I saw there, so I should go back to check it out. Still have to pick up gift for dd, and we did see a jacket we were thinking about for her there. Got an awesome Jerry Garcia tie on sale for one of our boys there.
I'm taking a rest day. Been awake, probably anxious about how much money we've spent/will spend recently. Honestly, I wish I was a person who didn't worry about things, instead of one who worries about everything. Getting taped all day today at work, and so need to go review my notes for the day.
Cookie

Good morning,

I will do XTrain Cardio Leg Blast + SBF Adv. Quick Hiit + Christmas LB. I also will do JS TB Stretch.

Cookie - you carpet and paint sounds very nice. I think it's a great idea getting the carpet installed. Not bad, the things you had replaced in 23 years :)

Debbie - you cook salad greens? Didn't know you can do that? It was Michelle's new once, it just came out. ROFLMAO, about taking the xmas tree down at Easter:D People are so lazy:D

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Hi Ladies!

Last night was RWH Low Impact Hiit #1. I loved it! The only complaint I had was my mat kept slipping on the carpet, so I might try it without next time. And, oh, yeah, that surfer move at the end? TOTALLY AM LOST on that for now, LOL.

Debbie/Cookie-This one didn't have big content edits-I think that's the only reason they wanted to move it up because the house knew it could be turned quickly. But you have to read it so many times, then have proofreaders read it, then editor, then back again to me...rinse/wash/repeat. It takes a lot of time, that's for sure. I plan to take a few days off from writing to reset my brain, then back at it to write the third book in my hockey romance series (I'm on chapter 10 right now.)

Belinda-I envy you being done with workouts for the day. :)

Cookie-I'm a worrier too. GAH.

Debbie-Christmas tree until EASTER? By that point you might as well leave it up year round HA!!!!

Hi,

I'm going to pack my things for yoga, I really need a good stretch:) Another day down . . .

Belinda - I mainly cook argula & spinach w/olive oil & seasoning. I like both of them raw too. I like that you are doing Christmas DVDs.

Wendy - We may have done that surfer move at the RT just can't remember now;)

Cookie - I like the Jerry Garcia ties they are so different & fun. Ugh, the stores are so crowded, just have to find the shortest lines:)

Waves hi to everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.