Commit to get FIT and Lean for March!

Hi everyone. I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, but DH was off today so I was able to workout when I got home from work AND I doubled up. I did All Out and then Hard Strikes! I burned over 1000 calories. That should take care of the pizza and ice cream from last night, lol.

Anyway, so glad the weekend is here. Even though we got hit with snow, it wasn't as bad as they had predicted and it should be 50 degrees by Sunday. My parents come home on Wednesday (or Tuesday, don't know off the top of my head) and the boys are excited to see them. Speaking of DS, he aced the math drill. He said, "I did what you told me, Mommy. I said to myself, 'you got this,' and I did it!" I was so relieved, lol.

Belinda- Great job. I have to look up Amy Bento. A lot of people like her dvds. I've never even seen them.

Cookie- mint green is not a color I like, lol. I agree, it seems so dated. I know what ab exercise you are talking about, they are called alteranting sit outs. They do work the core really good ;)

Deb- I think he is missing them. He also has to go to aftercare every day while they are gone. When my dad is home, he gets my son two to three times a week off the bus, so poor little guy has been in school until 4:30 every day since they have been gone, except on Mondays and today beause DH is off.

walkingchick- love the high step circuit. What Cathe workouts do you own?

Waving hi to Lori and Amelia!

A glass of wine is in my future ;)

Kristin

Hi everyone. Today, I decided my workout would be shoveling all the snow we had last night. Our driveway is pretty long, and we had almost a foot. So, between that and running around in the snow with the kids, it was work enough for me. :p

Kristin...I've been reading a few of the most recent posts. I'm so happy for you that your son had a great day with the timed test. Amazing how much stress is on the little ones. As far as Cathe workouts...I have pretty much all of them except XTrain, but I'm hoping to remedy that soon.;)

Debbie...Thanks for the welcome!

Cookie...Hello and thanks for the welcome. I don't have any particular favorite Cathe DVD. Love 'em all.

Hello to anyone else I missed. Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Hi everyone,

Kirstin - I love Amy Bento, her KB workouts are a lot of fun. I have a lot of Amy's dvds, lol. WOW, on your cal burn today. Enjoy your pizza. I am happy your son aced the math drill.

Cookie - I am sure, other on the forum have more or less, lol. It's insane to have so many workout dvds, lol.

Thanks Debbie! I need to look at Cathe's website to get an exact number. Look like a few of us did BS bi's & tri's yesterday.
Pam - shoveling snow is a workout.

Hi Amelia and Lori!

Good night everyone.

Hi,

I took a yoga class today. We went to my Mom's today for her 75th birthday, she was very happy. We took her to a restaurant at the Jersey shore which was one of the few places not hit hard by Sandy. The waters were really rough today but it looked really pretty.

Belinda - You must have at least one DVD of every instructor out there;) Did your snow melt yet?

Lori - How was your week at work?

Kristin - Your parents get home just in time for Spring. Kudos on the double workouts!

Cookie - I hope you were able to go back to bed this morning. Did the presenter make it?

Pam - You'll have lots of DOMS tomorrow from shoveling. The snow was heavy too so it was a good workout.

Waves hi to Amelia

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, I like Amy's kickbox surge. Bought it and loaned it to a friend, only (surprise surprise) to not get it back. That one I got another of.
Kristin, glad your son was pleased with his progress. Think Deb was right, having your parents gone was another stressor for him. Poor guy. Wow, on the double workouts. Any doms today? Did you have a snow day yesterday?
Walkingchick, shoveling a long driveway is quite a workout. Total body in my book. May I guess, in addition to Cathe, you also like to walk? i find walking relaxing and good thinking time.
Amelia, when do the Braves start playing?
Lori, did your dd make a good group of friends? How are the personalities at your work?
Deb, glad your mom was so happy on her birthday. We have to enjoy those special days. Yoga sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll try to squeeze a session in this evening.
Had a two-hour delay yesterday morning, and it took a bit longer than that to get in. Luckily presenter was with us the day before and stayed in town. To reschedule an international presenter with a multi-district group would have been a headache and more time consuming that I have right now. Then met with my NB group, and then a late regional meeting. Today it is a state mtg, Did legs early am before walking dogs. Really do think my lack of sleeping and stress is what prevents me from losing weight. B/c my eating has been really good and I get the workouts in.
Cookie

Hey girls, sorry to be MIA again:eek:

So far this week i've managed 4ds HIS ( no step) and I did burn sets back & biceps thursday. I've got to workout today and tomorrow so my four days will be in this week.

I just lost all motivation this week. Just a lot going on right now around here. I've decided to look for another job because im just not happy at mine any more. I've got to get away from all the sweets and my boss is getting harder and harder to work with :(

will try and catch up with you all later ((hugs))

Good morning,

Cookie - that's not nice from your friend! It happend to me too, I don't loan/give workout dvds to friends anymore. I have AB Kickbox Surge, sooo much fun. Stress/not sleeping can do all kinds of weird things to our body's. Hope your stress level goes down soon.

Debbie - yes, the snow is gone, lol. I know one thing, I have a lot of wo dvds. BTW, Cathe has over 186 workout dvds according to her website (I think they counting every single workout?)

Amelia - sorry to hear about your stress at work (((HUGS))) Hope you find a solution soon.

Hi Kirstin, Pam and Lori!

Not sure what workout I will do today?

I will be back later.

Good morning everyone! Spent too much time watching TV last night and got to bed late. But I got up and got a workout in. Very happy about that, considering I may have been trying to find an excuse to put it off. I knew how that would end, though. I did an oldie...Cross Train Xpress Kickboxing with bicep work. Worked for me!

Belinda...have a good workout, which ever one you choose.

Amelia...sorry you've been having a tough time lately. Hope the weekend is better for you.:)

Cookie...how frustrating that your friend didn't return your DVD. I've loaned a few vids to friends, but always nervous that I wasn't going to get them back. Yes, I love to walk. I used to walk all the time, even with my boys in the stroller. We would at least 4 miles a day. Now, everyone is older and all over the place. Doesn't leave much time to do it the way I used to. But I'm trying to get a couple of days a week back in the schedule for me.

Debbie...Happy Birthday to your Mom. Sounds like a nice way to spend time together.

Hello to anyone who follows. We are off to the last basketball game of the season with my boys, and then visiting their Great-Grandma. On the run we go...

Hello everyone. Just finished Supercuts plus core #2. My legs are very wobbly with all the cardio yesterday and then the workout today. Luckily tomorow I have BS CBS on tap. ;)

We are going to a fundraiser tonight for the baseball league DS plays on. It is called night at the races. I've never been to anything like this before, but I heard it is fun. We shall see.

Pam- You must get Xtrain. I don't have a lot of her earlier series. I think the earliest I have is the Intensity series. Still, I think Xtrain is the best between the music, the workouts, the 90 day rotation. I am seeing great results too. I hope you get it soon ;)

Deb- Happy birthday to your Mom! I was thinking that about my parents. . . how they might have missed the last snow of the season. When they return it should be in the 50s, lol.

Cookie- no snow day. . . no delay opening either. The ride in to work was a bit messy and slick. Two weeks to go until spring vacation. I cannot wait! We are all feeling it, not having Feb. break. I wish I had booked a vacation for this break, but saving money. :/ Not sleeping can definitely have a negative effect on your weightloss goals. I think it raises your cortisol levels.

Amelia- sorry to hear work is stressing you out. Can you switch out of that department?

Belinda- I've never sold anything on ebay, but DH has. You just need to open a basic account. It might take a little while to set it up. I read somewhere a few years ago that things sell when yu start the bid very low. Not sure. . . Look up other dvds and see what they go for on there. Check it out. I think it would be worth it for you.

Waving hello to Lori!

Kristin

Hi,

I did All out today, I didn't get all my cardio in this week because I replaced them with yoga but I really hope to get in all the weight workouts & just continue with next week.

It was nice out today & didn't even step a foot outside:confused: tomorrow:) Ugh, on turning the clocks ahead:(

Belinda - Wow, didn't realize Cathe had so many. How about our Cardio Coach workouts did you include those LOL?

Lori - How was the new position & the new home?

Kristin - I love supercuts, could do that one a couple of times a week. It's not included in my rotation too much:( I've heard of night of the races but have never been . . . have fun:)

Amelia - You should look for a new job you don't need that kind of stress in your life. I remember when I first joined this check-in you worked for a Dr.'s office.

Cookie - You can't afford to lose an hour tonight. DH is the same way wish there was something that would help the both of you with sleep:( Does yoga or dog walking help with your sleep?

Pam - I DVR most of my shows & still spend too much time watching TV:( If it wasn't for computers & TV could probably get double, triple workouts in:eek: Growing up didn't watch much TV because there was only 10 channels;)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend:)

Good evening everyone,

We organized my husbands shop and basement. My husband is a mess, he always messes things up:mad: it drives me crazy.I also reorganized my desk. I am constanly moving stuff around the house:confused: I think I will leave it alone for awhile:eek: I have more room since DD moved out:p

It was so nice outside, we sat outside for an hour. Than we had to get back to work:eek: We set up/cleaned our deck,lol.

Ended up doing XTrain Legs.

Debbie - Happy Birthday to your mom:D Haven't included Cardio Coach, iTrains and all my other downloads:rolleyes:

Kirstin - thanks for the info. I check it out. Have fun at the funraiser this evening.

Good night. Will be back in the morning.

Xtrain Chest back & shoulders done + part of hard strikes. 65 mins total.

Deb- As soon as I can refresh my resume Im going to send it out cross my fingers. Oh yeah on turning the clocks forward...I almost forgot:eek: Nice job with All Out.

Kristin-How was the fundraiser? Nice job on your workout, are you still following that xtrain rotation? Very impressive. I need to get my act together and follow a rotation.:confused:

Walkingchic-Welcome:) Glad to see you found our little check in! Awesome job on your workouts so far. And I know what you mean, if I start pushing off my workout it just won't get done. Today it was hard for me to get one in...i was so tired after work:confused: High fives to us:)

Belinda-So what workout did you end up doing?

Cookie-((hugs)) hope your weekend slowed down a bit for you. I doing well, just trying to hang in there. I think the braves start playing sometime in April? My DH would know for sure :rolleyes:

Lori-I had to LOL at your last post about the night cream :eek: Nice workout Thursday was it? It was certainly a doosie..wow.

After work I noticed my little Chihuahua wasn't acting right? Like he's dizzy or something. :( I just hope he didn't get trampled outside by my two bigger dogs ( he hasn't before? ) or ate something poisonous. Sigh...:(

Will have to take him to the ER vet tomorrow after work. Can't do it until then..

Good Morning:)

I didn't realize I hadn't checked in since thursday:eek:. Such a slacker. I went to check in yesterday evening and that didn't workout well cause these kids don't let me sit for long. I've been reading this thread for a while now and I keep getting interrupted. The baby is into everything these days and he's so independent, it's crazy. He does things that DS didn't do at this age, which is a good thing. Right now he is sitting on the floor with a pencil pretending he's writing. And in the other hand he has a slice of buttered toast. I'm guessing I should get the broom and cloth out.

My work week was good in the new position. We had training on Friday morning and my ADD was rearing its ugly head,it was torture. It's all bad enough when you know what they are talking about but a lot of it was just jibberish to me.

DH was suppose to be off today but he had to work. I'm not sure if its a extra shift b/c they have rearranged the schedule b/c of the crazy landlord. I don't know if they forced him to take leave or something but he's not working right now. I was looking forward to us having the day together. There's a few things I need to do today and one includes grocery shopping...I'd rather not!

I didn't workout Friday evening, just to lazy. Yesterday I made up for it though and I did xtrain tris and back double time, tris 100 rep challenge, 40 mins on the TM mixed in with super cuts. I'm pretty much sore all over today! Love it! I'm not sure what my workout will be today. Probably some shoulder and bic work, or legs.

Belinda** So that was 200 not including Cathe? So really you have like....400 DVDs! I don't have sts, it was my sisters remember. I've been thinking about buying it. You can pm the price if you want. I don't know if I'd use it much though, that's why I haven't bought it. eBay doesn't charge much for selling your stuff but you do get charged for listing it even if you don't sell it....but again, it isn't much. It won't break your bank or anything.

Cookie** you must really love your sister to get up that early in the morning. There's no way this gal would be getting up that early to do anything... Only pee and then go back to bed again. I wasn't ready to get up this morning with the time change and all. I thought the baby would sleep in cause he went to bed later then usual but we know how that works:eek:. Work is going good. There is one girl that I'm not a big fan off. She thinks she's hot and when she talks to the men, she has this sexy voice she uses and this laugh that goes through me. I just sit at my desk rolling my eyes...to myself. I have a feeling that not everyone loves her. Hopefully we won't end up butting heads b/c she is related to my job and I will need to deal with her.

Deb** hmmmm...coloured denim is still in! I did end up buying s purple pair of jeans that time. I don't think I'd wear mint green though. Sounds like you've been keeping busy! I'm enjoying work and the people are really nice. I feel at home there, everyone is also busy so no one just hangs around.

Ameila** are there many job opportunities in your town now? Hopefully you can find something better. I'd be huge if I had to work where there was baked goods! I eat enough sugar as it is! Is DH finished work yet? Is it possible that you might have to move for work?

Pam** welcome to our group! If you lost all that weight before I'm sure you can do it again. Just sucks to start over hey? I'm 34 yr old mother of 3, (17 almost, 6 and 14 months). Right now the 14 month old doesn't stop for two seconds so Monday morning doesn't have the same effect on me as it does everyone else! Lol. We currently moved across Canada for DH's work so being away from friends and family isn't easy but I'm adjusting!

Kristin** did you have a good night out? I think I read that right but then again I have had two minutes peace since I started this. How can a baby be so busy!!! He just pulled down the cover to the dishwasher, so I locked it and now he's turning it on...I can't win! Glad to hear DS did good on his exam. Hopefully he won't be so stressed now...poor guy. All kids are differenent!

Is that it? I hope I didn't miss anyone!!!

Lori:)

Happy Sunday!
Belinda, we both have messy hubs! He says he just likes to provide me with plenty of things to keep me busy! I can think of plenty of other things than trying to contain his piles. So are your dvds all organized?
Kristin, how was night at the races? Have heard of them, but never been to one. Two weeks - we can make it.
Amelia, sometimes just coming to a decision on something can be very empowering. When I decided to put in for a transfer, I felt better about my job. Crazy, but for me its true. Do you know what kind of position you would be interested in?
Lori, it is so hard to get anything done with little ones. When ours were younger, my dh used to almost dance out the door just to escape early. Did you not workout on Friday?!!! You must be sick.
Pam, I'm on my way out to walk this kennel of dogs. Well, only two or three. More than that is too hard. Especially since my ds is really not trained. How old are your children? I love our check in. Very supportive and motivating folks.
Deb, does your dh take meds to help him sleep? I'm beginning to think perhaps I should. Yesterday I was so tired, I had a headache all day. SC is so much fun! Is today a sauce day?
Did bs: cbs, rear delts, and then Ballet swan arms. I'm feeling worn out now. DH and I are getting ready to go for a 4-5 mi walk. I'm putting off hours of paperwork b/c the sun is shining, and I don't want to do it.
Cookie

Hello everyone. Last night was a lot of fun. I haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time. I ended up having a few drinks and an entire bowl of chips though :eek:. I tried to make up for it today. I have been missing step workouts as Xtrain doesn't have any real step workouts and I have been following the 90 day rotation. . . so today I did Xtrain Burn Sets CBS and then I added Step Blast, premix 2 (combos 1, 2, and 3). It was a lot of fun, and a high calorie burn. When I am done with Xtrain I am going to come up with some kind of rotation that includes step every week. It was so much fun to do step again. Now I am even more excited to preorder (next paycheck) the new workouts.

Cookie- it was a lot of fun. No real money to be won, but it was all for charity and it was such a great time. I may have burned off some calories by laughing so hard, lol. Two weeks. . . I know. I am really counting down to the ELA. . . only then I have to worry about the summative that I have no idea what it will be :( My friend at work is counting down to summer. Not quite ready for that, but I was glad to learn that it is less days than I thought :)

Lori- boy babies are into everything, aren't they? My second DS has no fear, never did and he has kept me on my toes since he could crawl :eek:.

Amelia- yup, still following the rotation. Just finished the first week of the third month! My arms are so defined. I feel pretty strong. I just need to clean up my eating a bit more.

Belinda- setting up the deck, a good sign that spring is here. I cannot wait to get some new plants for the backyard and patio. Of course, I will wait until it gets a little warmer and consistent here. My parents are happy to hear to snow melted. They didn't want to come back to that.

Deb- what rotation are you doing again? Supercuts is great. I am thinking when I make my own rotation when I am done with this, Supercuts will make a weekly appearance, lol. It is a fun, fast, effective workout, that's for sure. I hear you on turning the clocks back (well, forward). I hate it. I didn't feel it this morning. . . and you know what that means. I will feel it tomorrow when I have to get up to go to work!

Okay, off to shower and grade some papers. DH took boys to local parade so I could workout and grade papers. Then we are going to a friend's house for dinner.

Kristin

Hi,

We stayed up late on Saturday night watching Saturday Night Live with DH & gf. I ended up taking a long nap instead of a workout:eek: Will try & make up for it this week.

My eating has been so crappy thinking of doing Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse tomorrow.

Belinda - You & DH are always working on a project:) it's great that you work well together.

Lori - Boys are a handful so much energy. There is hope once they turn teenagers they sleep in. It sounds like your new job is working out.

Kristin - They do say there are more car accidents when we change the clocks:confused: It is great that you had a good time last night! I'm doing 90 day LIS/XT rotation.

Amelia - I hope your dog is feeling better:(

Cookie - DH takes 1/2 of an over-the-counter sleeping pill & melatonin. Maybe you could try melatonin 1st. We ate the last sauce this weekend.

Pam - Hope you had a fun weekend!

Goodnight:)

Hey Girls,

Checking in before bed time. Today's workout was on the longer side again:D I should get a few good workouts in this week cause DH is working nights. I did 100 rep challenge hip thrust x'2, core 2, then I did a circuit involving 5 mins on the TM, 1 tabata and 6 seg of cardio leg blast and I did that 4 times. Everything pretty much hurts today. The only thing that wasn't hurting was my bics and that kicked in later, I guess b/c of the back work yesterday.

Cookie** I wasn't feeling well on Friday evening;), think I was dying actually:eek:. I knew I'd make up for it over the weekend. My plan is to take Fridays as a rest day but sometimes it will happen before that.

Kristin** it's always nice to have a good laugh. My friends home use to do that:). I don't do step much anymore. I use to all the time. Rhythmic step was one of my favs.

Deb** sometimes ya just need to nap:D or you could nap and then workout!

I'll try to bb tomorrow!

Lori:)

Good morning,

DH and I took a nice long walk with the dogs yesterday.

Cookie - I feel like I am cleaning/organizing the same stuff over and over again, maybe my husband thinks like yours. LOL!

Debbie - we are always updating/remodeling our house, lol. We alway's have projects going on:eek:. I am getting ready to paint one off our bedrooms again, hate the color my son picked. When Aleisa moved out, he moved into her bedroom, lol. Now I am stuck with white walls:(. Hate white walls!

Kirstin - it was around 63's yesterday. I doubt we get snow again, lol. I don't blame your parents for not wanting to come back to all that snow we had. I don't do a lot of step anymore.

Amelia - how is your dog feeling? Hope he is ok.

Lori - I am over 400 right now, I don't think need anymore dvds:eek:. How are your DOMS today? I need to try the 100 rep challenge this week.

I will report my workout later.

I will be back later.

'Morning!
Waiting for a phone call, so wanted to stop by and say good morning.
Belinda, I swear some day I'm just going to put some of my dh's stuff in boxes and get rid of them. He would never even know what is gone. He has boxes from 30 years ago! We are such opposites, but then again I've had to become more of an opposite or it would be really bad. He says he has/needs the stuff since he is sentimental! That's a crock - he's just doesn't like to take the time to get rid of things. Other than that and his snoring, he is a definite keeper.
Lori, I don't ever remember you planning on a rest day. Glad to hear you are doing it. Working and young children is tiring. You need to take care of yourself to take care of everything else.
Amelia, how's everything? Are you sick of reading of us all complaining about snow?
Walkingchick, dh and I took our two larger dogs and my dsister's dog for 4 miles yesterday. It helped to tire them, and I love walking outside. It makes the world seem like a better place. Well, when the weather is good...
Kristin, right now I feel like I'm counting down. Can't wait for the April break. They asked me to do curriculum work that week, but I had to remind them I'm already booked with NB candidates, grant paperwork, and upcoming SED reviews. Laughing is good for burning calories and exceptionally good for your health. You sure burned off the calories yesterday. My arms are more defined with this rotation also.
Deb, you've had a lot going on since you returned from vacation. No time to ease into things. We used to watch SNL all the time. Now it is very rarely. Does this mean next Sunday is sauce day?
Phone ringing...
Cookie

Hey girls

2 miles w/Leslie Sansone + rounds 1-6 of cardio leg blast w/Cathe

Im taking the dog to the vet today. He has an apt at 3, Come to find out he has a huge gash on his little shoulder and its oozing :( I didn't even notice it yesterday. He started acting better yesterday so I figured he was ok.

anyways. bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.