Come say hello if you're around

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I have a nice hot cup of green tea and I'm all wrapped in a blankie. I'll be on the forums for a couple of hours now answering questions (ahhhh, it feels so good to have STS editing done :D). If you are around stop in and say hello. I'll check back between questions :)

Hi Cathe! No questions, just want to say hi and that I am so excited for STS! Right now am waiting for DD to get out of surgery...old swimming injury that she decided (after 4 years) to have fixed.

Thanks for your hard work:)

hi cathe!

i was the big ol' pregnant lady on rt this year!

im 2.5 months post-partum and your dvds have gotten me in my pre-preg clothes.
thanks to the gradual increase in my body weight while preg, i can squat heavier than i ever could before!

i cant wait for sts and have my new calendar hung up, workouts recorded!
thanks for all you do!

Hi, Cathe! My fitness hero! I did 4DS this week, so today I did the 3 segments of Total Body Stretching. It felt really good. My calves are still sore from that endless session in LIS, but otherwise I'm feeling good. I have to tell you, though, I went really heavy on the back work and had DOMS there, too. It takes a lot to make my back sore, so I was really pleased! Anyway, thanks for all your hard work and for making this forum available to everyone. I've made wonderful friends here and I want you to know I appreciate that! Happy New Year!

anne

Hi Cathe!
I wish it was cold here. We are wearing shirts and tank tops here in Louisiana. Can you believe it, in January?

Thank you for for simply being you, and keep up the excellent work!

Hi Cathe!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I can't wait to start STS. I am looking foward to working out with you this year!

KarenL

Hi, Cathe. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No questions from me (and if I DO think of one, I'll just ask you when I visit in 2 weeks! :) ).

I started my 1RM tests this morning, using the recent list you guys shared earlier in the week! 17 1RM DONE! More to follow tomorrow.

Gayle

Hi right back at you lala1 :D Recovery hugs to your DD. I'm glad she is having that fixed.

Hi Cathe! No questions, just want to say hi and that I am so excited for STS! Right now am waiting for DD to get out of surgery...old swimming injury that she decided (after 4 years) to have fixed.

Thanks for your hard work:)

Congratulations Kate! Big hugs to you and your baby! You are doing great with your come back. Keep it up!!! I hope you are adjusting well to mommyhood (not sure if this was your first) and sleeping well too.

hi cathe!

i was the big ol' pregnant lady on rt this year!

im 2.5 months post-partum and your dvds have gotten me in my pre-preg clothes.
thanks to the gradual increase in my body weight while preg, i can squat heavier than i ever could before!

i cant wait for sts and have my new calendar hung up, workouts recorded!
thanks for all you do!

Hi Anne! Hi five to you.....you are working hard!! Don't you just love those DOMS? Nothing like a good stretch workout when you are that sore too. Keep up the great work. See ya next workout ;)

Hi, Cathe! My fitness hero! I did 4DS this week, so today I did the 3 segments of Total Body Stretching. It felt really good. My calves are still sore from that endless session in LIS, but otherwise I'm feeling good. I have to tell you, though, I went really heavy on the back work and had DOMS there, too. It takes a lot to make my back sore, so I was really pleased! Anyway, thanks for all your hard work and for making this forum available to everyone. I've made wonderful friends here and I want you to know I appreciate that! Happy New Year!

anne

Thanks so much AliCurtis! I'm jealous, I'd love to wear shorts right now. We are freezing here with a nasty chill factor to boot. Well, maybe you will get some cold weather soon. I'll share mine if you like, LOL!

Hi Cathe!
I wish it was cold here. We are wearing shirts and tank tops here in Louisiana. Can you believe it, in January?

Thank you for for simply being you, and keep up the excellent work!

Me too Karen! I'm looking forward to having all my workout buddies join me once STS gets in your hands. I'm going to do it along with you :D Not too much longer....Take Care!

Hi Cathe!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I can't wait to start STS. I am looking foward to working out with you this year!

KarenL

Hi Gayle! Two weeks will be here before you know it, yippee :D So glad you are finding the "caveman" 1RM system useful. I think this really helps to simplify the process. You're almost done :)

Hi, Cathe. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No questions from me (and if I DO think of one, I'll just ask you when I visit in 2 weeks! :) ).

I started my 1RM tests this morning, using the recent list you guys shared earlier in the week! 17 1RM DONE! More to follow tomorrow.

Gayle

Hi Cathe,

Happy New Year! I'm really looking forward to receiving STS!

I'm currently teaching Group Power (BTS) twice per week on non-consecutive days. I'm planning to do an STS leg work-out either right after Group Power or later on the day on my Group Power days.

Just wondering your thoughts or recommendations on this: Since Group Power has only 2 leg tracks that each average about 5 minutes each, and if I use lighter weight during those 2 tracks, I am thinking that it would be okay to do an STS leg work-out on those 2 days. Your thoughts?

Thanks so much, Cathe!

Hi Cathe and Happy New Year!!

I hope the tri-staters are having another visit soon. I think I'll be able to make it this time. heck, I'm just over here in Pa.
Not too far away!
Hugs to you and yours,
Kims

Doing that will be just fine Linda! .....PS....you are a machine ;)

Hi Cathe,

Happy New Year! I'm really looking forward to receiving STS!

I'm currently teaching Group Power (BTS) twice per week on non-consecutive days. I'm planning to do an STS leg work-out either right after Group Power or later on the day on my Group Power days.

Just wondering your thoughts or recommendations on this: Since Group Power has only 2 leg tracks that each average about 5 minutes each, and if I use lighter weight during those 2 tracks, I am thinking that it would be okay to do an STS leg work-out on those 2 days. Your thoughts?

Thanks so much, Cathe!

Hi Kims....they are having one. I believe its January 16th (am I right Gayle?) for a step/upperbody workout. Be sure to check the tri-staters check in or in open discussion. I'm sure its mentioned there. I can't wait to have you join us. See you soon (hopefully) :)

Hi Cathe and Happy New Year!!

I hope the tri-staters are having another visit soon. I think I'll be able to make it this time. heck, I'm just over here in Pa.
Not too far away!
Hugs to you and yours,
Kims

Kims-I just sent you a PM. Cathe's right....we're meeting up that Friday, the 16th for step....and Five Points Diner afterward!

Gayle

Doing that will be just fine Linda! .....PS....you are a machine ;)

Thanks, Cathe!

My plan is to do cardio (Group Step or Cycle) 4 days each week (maybe 5), and then find a way to sneak in an upper body STS work-out 2 days per week. At the ripe old age of 55, I need to keep my metabolism in high gear AND be ready for a bikini :D by May!

Little nervous about doing ALL the new STS workouts. I am a "routine person" (i.e. a nerdy accountant) and I like knowing, ok here is the break where I need to add another riser or I am doing this DVD today make sure the step is point this way etc. Any suggestions on how to tackle all the new workouts? Honestly I like the idea of the 6 month rotation (doing each one twice) to feel familiar with the workouts.

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.