Collage Video Going Out of Biz Sale

tygra

Cathlete
I just went to their site and they have a banner they are going out of business. I ordered a few DVDs at great prices. Thought I would pass this on in case anyone looking for anything they "need..." ;)

I love that site! What are we going to do now to find out all the best workout dvds out there! It has been a concise and comprehensive site for workout ratings and clips!! Oh well, looking on the bright side, I guess I will save more money now :rolleyes:

Why are they going out of business, I wonder? What happened?

I got an email as I'm on their mailing list. I can't believe they're going out of business. Such a shame. I just went mad and bought 9 DVDs!

Lots of Cathe workouts on sale, for example STS Total Body for $8.99. I'm sad to see Collage go under. They started my "addiction" to workout videos!

Denise

I got the e-mail too!!! I was shocked and I'm so sad too! I've relied on Collage for many, many years!!! I know they went through ownership/managment change not to long ago, but to CLOSE?!?!

I have to laugh though....I immediately started putting stuff in "my cart". Glad to know I'm not the only one!:eek:

So with these great prices, what are some dvd's anyone has purchased that perhaps you would not have at reg price?

I'm going to get some on my "wish list" but I'm now also considering yoga, stretch type. Suggestions?

I just placed an order but it looks like their inventory is going fast. I put Butts & Guts in my cart and by the time I went to check out it was gone :( I got two KCM workouts and Yoga Max though :D I may go back and get a couple from the Low Impact series later :eek:

Wow, I am sorry to hear this too. :( I also burned my credit card a bit. I got a couple of Paul Katami's Kettlebells I had been wanting (although, I don't know, it says these are on "backorder". I am hoping they still come?). There were a couple of good Cathe prices, but I already had them. I got a couple of Amy Bento's at excellent prices.

For the poster looking for a good stretch type, check out Leah Sarago/Suzanne Bowen's "Warrior". It was at a great price and is a good workout for easy days or during travel. It is not total stretch, and parts can work you hard but I find the music and background to be very soothing. Even more soothing at that price! :)

Just saw this too in an email from them. Shocked! Seeing what I can snap up quickly. I will miss the site for the reviews and clips.

I bought some of the DVDs that were $2.99-5.99. These were ones that I was interested in but not enough to pay full price. I haven't been interested in DVDs lately much anyhow so $35 isn't a big deal if they collect dust like everything else I have.

While I will miss there review section and the breakdown of the DVDs, I stopped purchasing from them a few yrs ago. Mary at totalfitnessdvds.com almost always had better prices, MUCH better shipping (faster too), better customer service, and the discounts with loyalty points. I found it interesting how I live just over 3 hours from Collage's front door and it can take over a week to get my DVDs, even if I paid for shipping. Mary's business is about 8-9 hours away and I had my DVDs in 2 days flat. I think with Amazon and Mary, they lost a lot of business. It seems like they were too late to make some much needed changes.

DVDs are going to be like VHS some day very soon; streaming and digital are the future. I'm not a fan of that personally, I'm 31 and am clueless about so much of the recent tech that has come out the past 4 yrs or so. But I can say it's good for my Visa! It stays safe and just gives me even more incentive to get outdoors and enjoy all the things that there is to do and benefit from while having fun. That and "traditional" fitness doesn't agree much with my Fibromyalgia and arthritis.

I wish the best to the employees! It's interesting to see how long some people have been customers- almost as long as I've been alive! :D It's an end of an era but times change. You either adapt or fall by the wayside.

Am I doing something wrong? I put flex train in my basket and went through the steps like I was going to buy it but the price showed $22.95. Does it change at the end?

I can't help but be sad and nostalgic hearing that Collage is going out of business.

I found my very first Cathe workout there. Maximum Intensity Strength!

Not everything is reduced. And the recent Cathe ones aren't reduced at all. The sale prices show before you get to the basket.

I snapped up 5 from Cathe. I had several more from her in my cart but they went out of stock before I could hit the checkout button! Going back to see what other great finds are there.

This is so disappointing. I've been with Collage since the beginning. My debit card just got a great workout. When my package arrives, I will as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.