Cheetahs Check-In Monday June 12!!!

RE: Hey there, Cheetahs!!

WOW, Wendy!

Sarah-yes, I did Disney this past January. FANTASTIC FUN!!!!!!

Gayle

Good Morning!

My workout today will be elliptical, Leaner Legs and core. Yesterday's 11 mile run was good and it stoked my appetite nicely for BBQ at my brother's house. (Actually, I need no help in that area...:7)

This afternoon I'll take the kids berry picking and to swim lessons. I've got so much swimming on the agenda for the summer that I expect they'll be sick of it by the end.

Wendy, Did you have to switch DVDs for your mish-mosh circuit or do you have one of those fancy multi players? Hope Joey is feeling better soon!

Judy, Is PM yoga a workout on DVD?

Marcia, I hear ya on the stress eating. It's been my downfall countless times. Sometimes I can beat it by grabbing handy fruit, like an apple, or carrot sticks and snap peas, instead of the bad stuff. Hang in there!!:)

Laura, Your schedule would stress me out to no end and I'd have to make sure I was stocked up with the previously mentioned foods. My thoughts are with your family....

Hi Jess. Glad you had a nice bike ride. That is something that I just cannot get into as far as fitness goes. I have my pretty pink beach cruiser with a basket and bell on the handle bars that I like to ride with the kids for fun but that is the extent of it. Of course it doesn't help that I have carpal tunnel syndrome that flairs up when I grip the handle bars and at times causes me not to be able to use the hand brakes very effectively.

Karen, I LOVE the GS workouts and look forwad to when they come up on my schedule. Glad your IT band isn't bugging you any longer.

Christine, I've been using USATF.org for a while now to plan my running routes. It's really cool too. I'll be sure to check out the one you mentioned also. I had to go back a read a few of the previous threads to figure out what is going on with you..... Running the 10K will be as fun as the 1/2, I am sure. Do the two races start at the same time? Did you already sign up for the 1/2 and can you easily change it if you did? In any case, I'm glad you still plan on making it and I look forward to meeting you. I hope things with DSS and DH work themselves out for the better! I'll be thinking of you, hoping all continues to go smoothly.....

Hi Gayle, Sounds like you're doing well! I'm looking forward to seeing your marathon schedule.:)

Carole, I do hope you're feeling better today and that your run is enjoyable! Making it 10 miles under yesterday's circumstances equals the fortitude for running 22 miles in my book! Yer awesome!

Mattea, Yes, I know how gray and hilly your neck of the woods is! My mother lives in PA and the last time I went to visit her we were going to take a trip up to NY to visit old friends and look around since I haven't been to Endicott since 1978. Unfortunately, we didn't have time...... I have never done the leg conditioning drills from KM. I think I'll check it out and see if I want to add it to my leg workouts...

Hi Sarah, I gotta follow your lead on getting the "to do" list shortened. The more you mention it the guiltier I'm going to feel! LOL!! Nice to see you, you have been greatly missed!:) :) :)

Hello to everyone else! I hope you all have a fantastic day.:) :) :) :)

Elaine, That is how I felt when gymnastics ended for my girls. The thing is now they are doing vacation bible school and soccer camp and art classes through the summer. At least it is somthing different for me. Then before you know it Aug will be here and the girls are going to do soccer this fall along with girl scouts. Wow, I am busy. The life of a mom.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy, hope Joey feels better soon! CJ, my 3 yo, has the sniffles and the meds are keeping him up at night. (He's asthmatic so it seems like he's always sick, but it doesn't slow him down a bit! :))

Gayle, sounds like we've been keeping the same hours -- well the going to bed late part. My son is an early riser so we don't get to many late mornings. :D

Karen, glad your IT band isn't causing you any problems. Sounds like you had a great run . . . enjoy BSB!

Carole, hope you're feeling better and you enjoy your run today.

Laura, so sorry about your DH's grandmom.((HUGS)) I agree with you that 4 days in a row of baseball is a bit much -- if not for the kids, definitely for the parents because let's face it, an 8 year old is not going to be able to take himself to practice and make sure he has clean practice clothes 4 DAYS IN A ROW! :)

Christine, you and I have the same workout on tap for today, but I confess I'm not feeling the push ups today.

Jess that bike ride sounds like fun! If the weather permits, I think a bike ride would be nice XT this week.

Judy, hope you enjoyed your hilly run.

Mattea, have fun with KM and your run.

Sarah, glad to see you! Sounds like you're having fun with your kids, and it's great being able to cross things off the list.

I have a few important errands to take care of before I can workout today, but I'm scheduled to do P90X Chest & Back, and cardio of choice. I hope I can get to it early this afternoon otherwise I won't get to it until after dd's basketball practice which ends at 8pm.

Have a great day everyone!
Pamela

Hi. DS is down for his nap so I now have time for personals...

Laura: Sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. That's sad but atleast she lived a full life. Be happy for that as well as the fact that, if she is suffering right now, she'll be at peace w/no pain when she finally goes.

Jess: I checked out Target's website and they have a single jogger for $99! I could justify that I think! Give me time...if I don't find one cheaper used, I'll be hitting Target before the summer is over-garunteed! LOL }( So where are you going on vacation? Lots of forum members are heading out for vacations within the next couple of weeks! (including me!:+ )

Karen: Nice weight work today! Glad your IT band is better!

Christine: Glad that you and DH were able to get away for a nice day together. With all of the recent tension, it was a very good idea!

Gayle: Good luck on the marathon training! Gosh, 20 weeks of work outs all pre-decided!? I have a hard enough time pre-planning a one month rotation...even a week! LOL

Carole: Hope you have a better run than yesterday!:)
I'm surprised that you haven't invested in a "porta-potty" (ie-a bucket with a towel to throw over your lap for "privacy" LOL) that you can hide along a trail some where with a roll of T/P and a jug of water for "EMERGENCIES"!:7 :7 :7

Mattea: No such luck with the cough-free Joey...he has a 2:15pm doc appointment for today. I would LOVE to give the circuit you did but you are right...no HSTA. It wasn't on my list either...before now anyway!!}(

Sarah: Hey girl! Great to see you!

Elaine: I do have one of those multi-disc changers but I don't know how to program it. :-( I actually was going to use it anyway for the weight work in C&W since I had to keep going back to that and do the rest of it in my usual room and just switch those discs but the multi player wasn't working right...I think something was unplugged and I'll be darned if I could figure it out!:7 :7 I just kept changing discs...it wasn't too bad. I was wearing my HRM and stopped the timer every time I needed to change a disc. I don't think I wasted much time at all though.

Pamela: I have a step sister who has battled severe asthma all her life. It stinks. I hope your son's isn't that bad. Glad to hear he's a little trooper though!:+ My Joey goes full tilt while sick as well but he konks out quicker so naps are sooner and longer than when he is feeling ok.

Good Morning all,

I don’t have much time right now to post much but I just wanted to check-in to say hello and see how everyone is doing today. I’ve been MIA a few days because we’ve been busy with DS 8th grade graduation and then getting him geared up and off to the airport for their 8th grade Washington, DC/New York City trip. Geez, we had to get up at 2 am Sunday to make it to the airport for 4am. I had only slept for a couple of hours and then had to get up at 2. I went back to sleep at 7am for a few hours so today I am way out of whack! I was sooo tired that I slept through my date with Mr. YP this morning. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I have to get back to work now, but I’ll try to come back later. Ya’ll are doing great!

Thomasina

Hi everyone!
Am having a crazy week so my posts may be scattered here & there this week. (I leave for vaca on the 22nd and am juggling trip preparation with school closing duties, 8th grade activities, and 2 grad classes to finish up! A bit hectic!)

Confession: I bagged my run/GS BSB yesterday, so I'm knockin' it out tonight.

Didn't have time to read through all the posts but hope everyone's well.

Talk soon-
Cathy

Ooooh, goodie!! Not trying to enable you or anything, but I hope you get the jogger!!! You'll love it & I'm sure your ds will too!! I hope he's feeling better soon!

We're going to WI Dells & doing the water parks & fun stuff!! My Mom & brother are going too - it's going to be so fun!! I'm making my lists this week & trying to remember everything- I guess as long as we have swim suits & sunblock we'll be ok!! ;-) Where are you going??

Hugs,

It's ok, I'm trying to catch up too!! Sounds like you're keeping busy! Where are you going on vaca?? Enjoy your workout tonight!

Hugs,

Mattea...the run was much better today, even humid! I am sure I'll get my own DOMS with P90X today! Good workout, and aren't those Leg conditioning drills tough!

Sarah...nice to see you again..:)...hope you'll post more to let us know about your brutal marathon training...

Karen...hope your Grandma is doing well..:)...Usually food isn't my problem as I eat well and know how to change things after long runs. But yesterday was weird. I even had a nasty headache all afternoon, but today all is well...:)

Wendy...I think you and Mattea are trying to kil us granny cheetah runners with your homemade killer workouts!!!! Maybe I should check into the porta potty....:)...rarely do I ever need one!

Elaine...have fun with Meaner Legs!! I normally have no problem with appetite myself...:)..and thank you, I am feeling alot better.

Pamela...thanks, I'm lots better today. I hope you get in the P90X workout!

Hi Tomasina..http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/hi5.gif[/img] sounds like you are way busy. I hope you get back to normal sleeping..:)

Cathy...so yes, where is vacation??

I did my 10 miles. My stomach was a bit quesy the last half mile so nothing compared to yesterday! Getting some housework done before I tackle P90X...}(

Carole: You can run a marathon and you are worried about some silly little circuit work out that Mattea or I make up!? Now I know you must be joking!:p

Jess: SUUUUURREEEEE you aren't trying to enable!:7 :p :7 BTW, I am going on a Carribean cruise with DH, SIL and her family.

No more time right now...have to finish cooking supper!

BBL!:*

OK, I finally got it done!!!

I was almost a slacker, but I ended up doing PUB later this afternoon!!! And the 15 lb bicep weights are feeling easier each time!! And I did WP Advanced sculpting circle w/o from memory while the kids were watching Inspector Gadget. ;-) I think my body's finally adjusting a bit to the earlier wake up time!! 4:45 comes awfully early though!

Have a great night- we're going to eat & then head outside w/ the kids to play!!

Hugs,

Oooh Oooooh Oooh! I'm VERY excited! I just took a closer look at a particular race in my area (one of the ones that dear Thomasina sent me!:) ) and not only does the 5k race sound great but they have openings still available for beginner running classes that are held one time per week in the evening for 12 weeks and end with the 5k!!! I want to do this! I am stoked! I am going to talk to DH when he gets home from Costco! Have to make sure about him watching Joey...unless ofcourse, I have my jogging stroller by then! LOL }(

Just had to tell you ladies cause you are my inspiration and motivation!!!!:+

EDITED TO ADD:
Ahhh phooey! I don't think this is gonna work! The class I wanted is full and the other classes started today so I've already missed one! I could start a week late but then I'll also miss a week for vacation too so I don't know if it's worth it...What do y'all think? They meet 1x per week so that would give me a 2nd outdoor run if I keep up my own thing on the weekends. I'd also be getting a running shirt for free & 1 year free membership to thier running club. It costs $105 and the fee for the 5k race is included which is normally $20.00.
Any suggestions??? :)

good evening ladies!

Sarah always glad to hear from you!!!

I was feeling tired and was going to ditch my workout altogether tonight but my dear children wouldnt have it. Anyway I ended up going for a run and figured I would just go with the flow. Wow, I surprised myself tonight. I only ran a little over 3miles but I felt more like myself, not 100% but the run was wayyyyyy better than it has been in weeks and I ran it at an average 9:05pace, YIPEE!!! I hope I continue climbing back to myself altogether. I also went ahead and scheduled a doctors appt. tomorrow just to be on the safe side of things. I still have the sore throat off and on but we'll see what he says.

I agree about some of those people with baby strollers ,some of them wip by me at the races. that isnt easy pushing that extra weight around.

carole, do you monitor your heart rate when you run and if you do, do you try to stay within a certain zone?

talk with everyone later!!!

Wendy, Here're my two cents: If you think that running is something that you want to do always then I would seriously consider joining the group. If this particular class is only four weeks long and you'll miss two of them then obviously it's not a good idea this time around! However, if it is longer, then something like this can be invaluable. Not only will you likely learn alot about running, you will also meet other runners as well. I am a member of a local running club and even though I have a hard time fitting their workout sessions in to my schedule I like being a member because it keeps me up to date with what is going in on the running community here.

Elaine,

This particular class is 12 weeks long! I'm gonna look around real quick and see if there is anything else interesting out there but I need to make up my mind quick.

Thanks!:)

I'm saying go for it Wendy. I know it will be hard to adjust your schedule but well worth it. Even if you can't make it every time you'll get your money's worth by just going every other week if you can. I myself am joining the one that meets on Wed and Sat. Well, that will be shot for me come Sept with the kids soccer and games. I figure I'm going to make it when I can make it. This way I have a goal and know if I do make it there it will be twice the workout. Go for it.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

I wish we had a group here for running that I could join. I am just lucky to have a couple of friends that love to run also that I can run with a couple times a week. the rest of my runs I run alone and I also enjoy that too. Joining something also kind of makes you go do it because you signed up for it and paid for it.

Now my kids are slowing down and ready for bed so I can now go to bed. They just wouldnt let me relax earlier. I guess that is what kids do, keep you on your toes.

goodnight everyone!!

Well I just finished P90X Chest and Back. I had planned on doing AbRipper X and a little cardio, but that won't be happening. My little one just had a meltdown over a brownie so I had to throw away the entire box to make my point. :( It worked. He's finally quiet, but he interrupted me just when AbRipper X was starting.

Wendy, a running club sounds interesting. How did you find out about the one in your area? I bet there are clubs here too. Is it something a slow runner can join?

Laura, glad you're feeling more like yourself. Sounds like you had a great run!

It's 10:43pm -- why are my kids still up?

Enjoy the rest of the evening ladies!

I'm off to shower and convince DH to watch a tivo'd show (Patios & Grills on HGTV). :)

Pamela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.