Cheetahs Check-In Monday June 12!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Beautiful Cheetah Gals!:)

How are y'all this morning?

Today is weights/cardio for me. Not sure if I will do a circuit or separate them but I have some time to decide.

Joey has been coughing pretty bad this weekend. If he is still coughing when he gets up, I am calling the doc so I may not be seeing the treadmill in the gym for a few days until he's better...:-( If I can't make it to the gym I MAY try for a few outdoor runs in the late afternoon/early evening once DH is home. My mileage will not be what it normally is if I do that though...

I did some searching for used jogging strollers but no luck yet....I was inspired by an open forum post where a poster picked up an elliptical for $10 at a garage sale!:)

I have been up since before 5am this morning. I had some stupid nightmare and once I woke up from it I was unable to fall back off to sleep!x( I got out of bed at 5 and started laundry....YIKES...what a way to start the week! LOL

Hi again Wendy :)

It is you and I this early, LOL.
I hope Joey's cough is nothing serious. Imagine if you get that jogging stroller this summer. You will be all over the place in it. I hope you find a good deal on one pronto.

Today is a 6 mile hilly run (Our Monday standard run) and upper body.
Last evening I tried a beginner PM relaxing yoga routine. It was quite nice, not too strenouous and very relaxing.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Judy...surprise surprise! LOL ;) Glad you enjoyed your yoga last night. Have a great run today and fatigue that upper body good!}(

I know what you mean about the stroller...I am starting to really get excited for one now that I am seeing improvements in my outdoor running ability. At first I wasn't keen on the idea only because I doubted my ability to run outdoors successfully but I am like the little engine that could now...I keep saying to myself "I think I can I think I can..." and I AM!!!! YEAY!:+ LOL
Right now would be an EXCELLENT time to have the stroller as it's been pretty cool around here the past couple of days...WONDERFUL running weather. DARN!x(

Good morning, Wendy and Judy, and all others that follow.

Wendy - I sure hope Joey is feeling better today, nothing worse than a sick child - ohhhhh, mommy's are suppose to make you feel better and it's hard when a hug and kiss doesn't cure it, I hope he's starting his recovery soon. I had a running stroller when DS was little and it was the absolute best invention out there. I was out running and power walking all the time, it was fabulous. Good luck on your quest for one.

Judy - Good luck on your run, sounds tough but a good one!

I ran 5 on Saturday and am so excited!! I have a really late meeting tonight so it's one of those days that the stress level is high and i need to regroup and not eat everything in sight and relax. I'm hoping to get a walk in at least sometime today in between my meetings.

I hope everyone has a great day and good workout, I'll be back later.

~Marcia~

Marcia...

Great job on the 5 miles! ^5! Is that your first 5 miler? Was it on the TM or outside?
Take a deep breath and relax...don't get all stressed over the meeting...I know, easier said than done, right? ;) Just do the best you can. You'll be fine.
I would actually buy a jogging stroller new (one of the less expensive ones!) but we want to have another baby and it would end up being such a waste!:-( I am not prepared to buy a DOUBLE right now. I don't want to spend the money or have the extra bulk/weight of it until I HAVE to plus I'd kinda feel like that would jinx me out of having another baby!:eek:

Hey there, Cheetahs!!

I went for an 11.5 mile bike ride w/ my 2 pals this morning, great cross training!! I took y'day off as a rest day- I needed it!! Went to church & then did some shopping!! I finally found a cute swim suit (very cute tankini, this girl has WAY too many stretch marks for a bikini!) & some stuff for our vacation (we leave on Sunday!!). A couple cute tanks at Old Navy & a few other things. I didn't even get online til last night & then I was way too behind to even start posting!!

I think I'll do PUB later. Need a good upper body workout!

Now I'm going to drink my coffee & warm up - it was actually kinda chilly biking!! I'm glad that I ended up wearing a light jacket, I should have had gloves too!!

Hugs,

hello,
alot of earlier risers this morning. I didnt want to crawl out of bed this morning. The weekend goes by so fast! I was going to do my workout this morning , before work but woke up later than usual so I will have to do it after work tonight.

carole hope you are feeling better!!

I have a busy week this week,tomorrow bootcamp after work,wwednesday my son has baseball practice after work,thursday he has a game,saturday I have a race,sunday he has another baseball game. Friday and today are the only days that nothing is scheduled already unless his coach throws in another practice which he did last weekend on saturday. I think four days of baseball is too much for 8yr olds. Also my husbands grandma is dying and they say she wont make it through the week. she is 95 yrs old. my husbands dad died almost 2yrs ago and shes really all he has left of that side of his family.

anyway, its suppose to be a nice day today here in ohio, hope all of you have a great day!![ihttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/fdm/sunglasses2.gif[/img]

Actually, my jogger is a double. It's an older one (got it w/ my 1st dd) that converts from a bike trailer to a jogger, it's an InStep Duojogger. They sell them at Target, or at least they used to. It's fine w/ just 1 kid or you can put 2 in comfortably also. Just a suggestion, not trying to enable!!

And yes, in some ways it's harder to run w/ a jogger, but in other ways it's nice because you can pack your water bottles & other stuff in the jogger!!

Hugs,

RE: Hey there, Cheetahs!!

Good Morning Wendy Judy Marcia and Jess. Today is going to be gymstyle back shoulders and biceps and then some ab work. My legs are still feeling great from the run yesterday with no IT Band pain. I was waiting for it but it never came.

Wendy- Hope Joey is feeling better soon.

Marcia= Watch those stress levels

Judy- Have a nice run

Jess= Where you going on vacation? Love to see some pic's when you get home.

Off to workout. Be back soon.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning fast cheetah ladies!

I have P90X Chest and Back and Ab Ripper on the agenda this morning. A treadmill run or elliptical slated for this afternoon. It's supposed to rain today?! It never rains in June in California. Oh well, we could probably use it - with all the rain we had earlier this year, vegetation is wild right now and the fire hazard is high. Things went better yesterday. DH took me to Santana Row (it's a ritzy shopping area set out like a European town - it's neat and fun to look at the high end shops - LOOK, not touch LOL) to listen to one of his friends play in a jazz band - they were good! We sat out, had a glass of wine, and afterwards went to a restaurant for a salad. People watching, great music, a wonderful chardonnay, and good food - what more could I ask?

Wendy - I hope Joey feels better soon!! And good luck with your stroller hunt.

Marcia - WAY TO GO! 5 miles is tough! That's wonderful that you ran it!

Laura - I'm with you on the 4 days is too much for 8 year olds - I thought the idea was to learn to love a game. I hope your DS still loves the game! I'm sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother! I'll keep her in my prayers.

Jess - enjoy PUB. I love cycling. Sounds like you had a good time yesterday!

Carole - hope you're feeling better!

Waves hello to everyone who follows!

Someone posted this on the main forum, but I thought it sooo cool, I had to share it with my Cheetah buddies - check out mapmyrun.com. It gives you accurate mileages on your street runs! I checked my usual routes and it's accurate. I'm stoked because now, no matter where I am in the US, I can map a run! This is cool!

We're going to WI Dells & staying at a hotel w/ the indoor water park!! The girls are soooo excited about it (and we are too!). My Mom's going also & possibly my brother too! It'll be so much fun! Oh, and you know I'll be taking pics!

And speaking of pics, I added some pics in my trail of the kids' fun run. (in the June '06 album) They had such a good time & want to do it again this Friday night! (they do it from our local running club every Fri night in the summer!)

I'm so glad that you don't have any more IT band pain!! I've heard that can be a BAD thing to struggle with! (I have a friend that's dealing with it)

Hugs,

Good morning, ladies! Sounds like we're off to a great start today.

I was playing with mapmyrun.com last night. You really do need to check it out!

Sorry, as usual, no time to play around on the boards this AM. School's OUT, so we've been staying up late and sleeping in. LOVE IT!

Last night, I finally took the time to sit down and plan out my marathon training schedule, which started TODAY! 20 weeks, all set on paper. I haven't gotten it typed into my computer yet, but I will post it here when I do. This morning was cross training, and I chose Muscle Max to start me off.

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs

Wendy...sorry aboout Joey. I hope his cough gets better...:)..enjoy your workout today.

Judy...have a good 6 mile run today..glad you found the yoga relaxing.

Marcia...good job on the 5 miles!!

Laura...wow, alot of stuff going on in your life! Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Hope your week goes well, and thanks, I am feeling better.

Jess...good crosstraining. That is nice you found a tankini! Soounds like a fun vacation upcoming.

Karen...that is great your IT band pain seems to be gone. Enjoy your GS workout.

Christine, we had a few sprinkles here yeatserday, and wouldn't you know it was after my DH washed both vehicles!! Fire danger is also here...we have had some bad ones in the years past. Sounds like you had a great evening...:)...thank you and today I am much better..:)..I did check out that site and it does not work good in my rural area, the streets aren't listed...:(

Barb..I was trying for just the right smiley...:)

Mattea...WOW...Son of a You Know What!!! Now that is a killer circuit that I will avoid!...:)...Yes, Nair really does work better now. It doesn't bother my skin either. Before years ago when I tried it, it just didn't remove the hair..

Pamela...hope you managed to avoid the lightning yesterday! Good run...

So I am trying for a 10 mile run this morning and then P90X Chest, Shoulders & tris and abs of some kind.

Thanks again for all your caring words after my bad run yesterday...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!
Wendy-I feel your pain on the "Why am I up at this hour?" Today was 7:00 for mex( Sorry about Joey feeling under the weather, hope he wakes up cough free this morning:) OOOhhh, remember the circuit I did yesterday, want to give it a try}( Wait, I think I remember that you don't have HSTA? Enabler alert! Enabler alert! Wendy, have you checked local consignment shops or maybe someone at the nursery of your gym knows of one?

Judy-Running hills, now there's a way to start the week, lol:D I also really like PM yoga for relaxation routines, except sometimes I don't want to get OUT of the poses. Which one did you try?

Marcia-Nice job on the 5 miles!!! Now, just take some deep breaths, make yourself some tea, and while that's steeping drop and do a few push-ups to help cure cravings:p

Laura-What a tough week on tap! I agree with you about the extra practices, at 8 yrs. old it should all be about FUN:+ Sorry about your husbands grandmother. My DH's grandmother died on Christmas Eve this year, completely unexpected, but it was hard on everyone.

Jess-Sounds like a great bike ride! Glad you enjoyed your well-deserved rest day. What will we do with you and Wendy gone on vacation?

Karen-I'm so happy for you that the IT band is feeling strong. Have fun gym styling!

Christine-I was under the impression is was still raining in CA?}( Glad to hear about the nice evening with DH, you really deserve it.

Gayle-Great to hear from you! How exciting to finally see it all planned out on paper. Way to start it off with a bang, love MM!

Carole-I ran into some of the same frustration with that site! But recently found out that the Streets CD that came with my parents computer actually allows you to map distances by drawing them in on map with a 'pencil' tool. Here's to a GREAT 10 miles today!!! Thanks for the Nair info. Yeah, it never used to take off the hair, I'll have to pick some up!! So, yeah, sore today, lol! If you're missing DOMS for any reason, yesterday's workout is a sure prescription}(

Today will be the w/u and combos from KM and then a short run (we'll see about the KM leg drills).
Have a great day all who follow!
Mattea

Hi Ladies!! I miss you all! I have not logged onto Cathe at all the past few weeks. I did once last week...just in time to see Cathe was on Good Morning America the next day! What luck on my part...huh??

Anyway, I have been playing with my kids outside and getting my "to do" list shortened! Marathon training for Fall just started! YIPPEE!!!!

Ya'll sound so great! Confirms why I miss you so much!

Wendy, I hope you land a stroller soon! I see moms and dads out with those things all the time! I ran a 5K several weeks ago and this mom flew by me with her stroller....I swear, she made it look like using the stroller made it easier!

Karen, Stretch those hip muscles to keep your IT band loose so it won't grind on your knee. Keep stretching those hips!

Gayle, you ran Disney last January...right??

Hugs and kisses to all of you!!

Ok, I'm done. I ate and now I feel good. I'm off to see my grandmother. I'm taking the girls. We were going to go tomorrow but it's raining today so I thought today would be better, when it's sunny out the kids are all about the pool. We just bought them a new 3ft pool and it's all full of water now. Yesterday was the first time they got in it and I didn't feel like I had any kids yesterday. I just sat and watched and read books while they played. When my dh got home we opened the fire pit and roasted some marshmellows. Anyway we had a nice day and night.

Christine- It sounds like you had a great evening too. So nice and relaxing.

Carole- Hope your run goes smoothly today. I'm sure it will. Yesterday evening I got a very nausous stomachache. Come to find out with the heat yesterday and even though I ate it wasn't enough to have fuled the 9.5 miles. I made that same mistake the first time I went on a long run and then I mastered the nutrition part of the long run. Yesterday I let the food slip away from me and in the evening I really paid for it. I could just feel it coming on plus I started to get real tired. I thought Oh No. My fault but I won't make that mistake again. I should have came in the house out of the sun but I didn't want to leave the kids in the pool without anyone out there. Ok, Now I'm rambeling.

Mattea- Sounds like a kick butt combo you got there.

Gayle- Please post your plan or pm me with it. I have mine together as well for the half but I really want to see if I'm on the right page as far as getting in all that is needed.

Jess- Love the girls pictures. They look like they had a ball. Too Cute.

Sarah- So gald to here your off and training with the rest of us. We are all on the same plan. My IT Band feels super this morning. I think I just pushed it to far and too fast last time. I won't make that mistake again. I think the problem is the my endurance is better than the IT band will let it be. I have to get both of them on the same page.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Holy Cow! I just finished a home-made kickbox circuit and what a work out! I'm good!:p :+ :7 }(

Here's what I did:

kpc w/u
kpc kicking and punching drills (0-21 minutes)
c&w weight section # 1 (21-25 minutes)
ck intenstity drills (25-39 minutes)
c&w weight section # 2 (39-43 minutes)
km blasts 1-5 only *due to time restraints* (43-50 minutes)
c&w weight section # 3 (50-54 minutes)
ctx kickbox cardio only stopping after power lunges (54-106 minutes)
c&w weight section # 4 (106-112 minutes)
c&w stretch

I wanted to include abs at the end too but I just didn't have the time!

HRM:
72 minutes not including w/u or stretch
average hr: 133, peak hr 167, total calories burned 717
:+ }( :7 :+ }( :7 :+ }( :7

I'd say this one warrants saving!;-)

I'll be back with more personals later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.