Cathletes Gettin' To Goal~Sept 13-19

Hi Nancy, thanks for getting us started. Today's my official rest day but I plan on getting a walk in later in he evening. :D We're having gorgeous weather here and I want to take advantage of it. It looks like rain later in the week.

Sunday

Rhondalyn, enjoy that great weather. It's still hot and muggy here and we're hoping for some rain. We got a little last night, but it looks like the monsoon is definitely winding down -- more thunder/lightning than rain, I'm afraid.

I just finished M3W1: Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps, followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill including the hill interval workout.

Here's to a great week of work-outs and healthy eating! The weather here in VA has been great as well. The whole weekend was sunny! I am feeling some cheek soreness today after those "nasty low-end" squats with a 45-pound bar on Saturday...ouch! Good news is I have a 1 hour massage scheduled for noon tomorrow!!
I made a scratch yellow cake with chocolate icing this weekend for my family...I haven't been baking much, so I thought I'd be nice and make something. I did have a few bites of icing, but nothing too bad...I hope. The fall is very difficult for me when it comes to eating. I am looking to make it to Thanksgiving without messing up too bad...after that...I can't make any promises!

Happy Monday ladies! We are rockin' some beautiful (and warm) weather in MN right now!! Summer has finally arrived! :D

Well, I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. I completely went off the tracks yesterday-not even sure if I was on the tracks last week to begin with. I didn't track my food. And if I learned anything in Weight Watchers, it's that when I don't track food, I don't have a good weigh-in... :confused: Today I have tracked everything and I'd like to add that except for the pre-packaged Quaker Brown Sugar & Maple oatmeal for breakfast (which was YUMMY!), I am squeaky clean with food so far!! I'm eating my lunch right now which consists of:

romaine lettuce w/grilled chicken breast, grape tomatoes (from my plant!), and rice wine vinegar for the dressing.
brown rice
green beans

It's my favorite lunch! :D

I took it very easy this weekend and got in two 20-25 min. walks. Very slow ones at that. But my back is so unstable right now that I'm afraid to do anything!! I feel a lot better today. Not much pain at all. I am scheduled for a cortisone shot this Thursday. If it works like the first one, I should have nearly instant relief!

I cancelled my gym membership. It was up for renewal and I had to make a decision. It's just not worth the expense. Especially if I'm going to be limited to just walking for who knows how long. Maybe I'll get a treadmill! :):p

Nancy: I hope you get some rain soon! I do like a good thunder and lightening storm, tho'. I downloaded (at home) the smiley central bar--thanks for the link!! Now I just have to figure out how to get them to post into my "posts"!

Lacy: You know, I never like low ends until I couldn't do them! Now I miss them. How sick and wrong is that?? :eek: I made the mistake of making chocolate chip cookies (without nuts!) and mini cupcakes with buttecream frosting this weekend. I made DH take the cupcakes to work with him!! :eek:
I bake a lot during the holidays-mostly for gifts to coworkers and neighbors. I'm wondering if that's a good idea for me this year. :confused:

Jacque: Sorry about all the stress you've had with your sister and for your son's first loss of the season. :( I hope this week is much better! :) I totally agree about hiring employees! My biggest fear in hiring a new receptionist is drugs!! This area is SO bad for that (highest meth use in the state). We've had the most random people come and go from here--some because of drugs, most because of attitude-especially the ones in their 20's. I don't understand it. When I was in my 20's and got my first job...as a receptionist I might add...I remember being so afraid to do or say anything wrong for fear they might fire me!! Not because my employer was mean or going to fire me; but because I was so thankful to have a real job, I didn't want to lose it!! :rolleyes:

Well, I will check in tomorrow and update my ticker... it won't be pretty!

Hi ya!

Hi Everyone!

I’m sorry I didn’t post all of last week; I guess I just got out of the habit, which was not a good thing because I also got out of the habit of eating smaller portions, too. I decided not to weigh myself until the end of this week, and hopefully I’ll be in a weight range I’ll like better than where I think I am!

Anyway, up until Labor Day, I was doing pretty well, with my portion sizes, but, then we went for a visit at my sister and BIL’s house at the beach, and I enjoyed way too many of my TJ Belgian 73% Dark Chocolate covered almonds! When I am on vacation, I just ignore the rules, I guess. Also, I had pastry from the local bakery there, and just kind of ate a lot that weekend. The eating a lot just extended into the week. I am not sure if the weather had to do with that(it was cold and rainy), or what, but, I just didn’t give a rip! At least I did exercise 6 out of 7 days – that is usually a constant for me…J

I made some zucchini bread last night – this is going to be a good thing believe it or not-- with a really good recipe(when made without altering the recipe), where I used 1/2C applesauce and 1/2C oil instead of 1 C oil. Well, I think the bread does not taste as good, so I won’t “need” to eat so much!!! I had gone to the Hillsboro Farmers’ Market yesterday to find some big, cheap zucchini, since our crop is not doing well this year – we have 2 inch zucchini’s, 1 regular size cucumber and a handful of cherry tomatoes in our garden – maybe the bees did not visit us this year!?!?!? The market had a lot of yummy healthful choices. I just bought grapes, zucchini, various peppers, blueberries and corn – they are fresh and tasty, especially the corn, blueberries, and grapes!

My DH thinks that Amy Bento workouts are too noisy (he is fine with Cathe’s, though J ), so he suggested I make our computer room the my workout room!
Our computer originally had 4 computers in it, but, now DH and DS do their computing upstairs, and DD and I compute in the computer room. So, after thinking about it and how this room isn’t used like it use to be, my wheels were spinning.
We’re going to get rid of the entertainment center and replace it with a flat screen TV and a shorter console from IKEA(it will be able to hold my workout DVDs and any video games of DD’s). Also we’ll remove a desk, and I’m going to paint the room sort of a coral color(DD or DH don’t like the color, though). I like it because it reminds me of our Mexico trip and the colors there, plus it will be more motivating to have a brighter color (think positive energy for a good workout). Now I will be able to have all my equipment in one room instead of spread over the family room, dining room and computer room J. I did measure everything out and it will be adequate room. Now, my DH can eat in peace and not have Amy rhythms disrupting his morning! When working out, I must say, her music is motivating, although, I can see his point, that it is not very relaxing to eat breakfast to this music!

The other project, that I completely forgot about was painting my daughter’s room! I had promised we could paint her room this summer. Now she is back in school, so, I’ll be prepping(masking) for that today. She picked a green color. She wanted a bright green, but has toned it down – as DH didn’t like that. He likes ONLY neutral colors and that is too boring for me. We’ve been in this house 14 years and I’ve not done much! I painted 2 bathrooms(and ragged them) last sabbatical 7 years ago, so it’s about time to add more color to these boring walls J.

I would like these painting/moving room projects to be done in 1.5 weeks(when I go back to work), but, I think that ain’t gonna happen!! I have just enough other stuff that’s going on to keep me from focusing on these … We’ll see how long all this takes me!

Well, I got somewhat caught up with what’s going on with me….

I hope everyone else is doing better with YOUR goals than I have done with mine! J JJJJJJJ
Have a nice and productive week everyone!

Well, I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. IWell, I will check in tomorrow and update my ticker... it won't be pretty!

That's why I am "cheating" and not going to weigh myself until the end of the week. My results I feel are probably not pretty either!

. But my back is so unstable right now that I'm afraid to do anything!! I feel a lot better today. Not much pain at all. I am scheduled for a cortisone shot this Thursday. If it works like the first one, I should have nearly instant relief!

I cancelled my gym membership. It was up for renewal and I had to make a decision. It's just not worth the expense. Especially if I'm going to be limited to just walking for who knows how long. Maybe I'll get a treadmill! :):p

Sorry to hear about your back:(. After 2 weeks back from Santa Monica, DH's sciatica was bad again. Last week he went to the doctor to ask for muscle relaxers which he takes at night, and started going to Egosque therapy. This or a combination of these 2 things, has helped him so far, and he is doing more stuff(being more up and about rather than lying flat on his back the majority of the day). I'll report how he's coming along every now and then. I found out about Egosque from Cathe's forum 6 months ago and ordered a book, and DH found out about it a year ago and ordered the book and other things! Isn't that weird? He never really acted on it, but, it seems to totally make sense to me. Out of all the things he has done, I think this might have the most potential for making him feel better.
Here is info about Egosque:
http://www.egoscue.com/

Egoscue® is simple and the results are remarkable. It is a unique and very effective program designed to treat musculoskeletal pain without drugs, surgery, or manipulation.
Egoscue is a process which involves a series of stretches and gentle egoscuecises ("e-cises") designed specifically for each client. This process strengthens specific muscles and brings the body back to its proper alignment and functioning the way it was designed—pain free.

Lisa-I didn't catch what happened with your back, so I will have to read last weeks' checkin, since I'm kind of lagging behind. Hoping your back improves again with the cortisone injection!

Monday

Lacy, way to go on getting some work in with those low-end squats -- those get me every time. Enjoy that massage -- I love 'em!

Lisa, you sound like you're really struggling physically with your unstable back. I feel so bad for you! I hate to say it but with your exercise being curtailed, your WW tracking is going to be so much more critical. I hate tracking, but it's a necessary evil with those of us who are not natural thins, I'm afraid. I'm not doing WW tracking, but am tracking everything in the GoWear Fit software and it keeps me honest. As far as the Smiley Central, you just put the cursor in the spot in your post where you want the smiley to be. Click on the Smiley Central button that should have loaded into your browser toolbar, find the smiley you want and either just click on it and it will copy to your post, or you may need to drag it.

Linda, how exciting that you get to put together a workout room. I have one and it's so great to have everything all in one place. Mine isn't a room with four walls and a door, but what was probably originally designed as a family room off of the kitchen where we used to have our pool table. We got rid of it last year and converted it into a space for me to work out. I don't have special flooring or anything, as it would stand out like a sore thumb since it's an open room, but I love it.

I just finished an hour of walking on the treadmill. It's not the cardio that was listed on the rotation for today, but for some reason I just don't have much energy. I'm glad to have gotten something done, anyway.

This looks like it is the WW check in, am I right? I hope it is ok to barge in here and introduce myself :)

I just started back, officially, on WW after about a 2 year hiatus. I started WW in November, 2003ish. I originally had over 100 pounds to lose. I lost about 85 and reached a point where I just felt like I didn't want to track anymore. I felt I had a good handle on how to maintain, I had found Cathe, became a serious "exerciser," and just wanted a break. Now I am ready to "hit it" again. My goal is lose at least 20 from where I am now, and then assess and see how I feel.

Working out is not really my issue, rather, I need to seriously clean up my eating. I am a slave to chips and chocolate, and I can't stand being hungry, so I need to work on changing my mindset about those.

I can't promise to be a daily checker-inner, but I do want to check with like minded folks every once in a while for support and inspiration.

Tonight is spin class, one of my workout obsessions. I just love to spin!

Oh, and how does everyone handle working out a lot and the points. I know it was easy for me to seriously undereat the last time I was on program. Any wisdom on adjusting points and food are greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Yesterday was crazy busy. I took my DM shopping and that took up the best part of the day. My DH was especially needy yesterday also and that took up the rest of my day. Today I did Cardio and Wts. It's one of my favorite circuit w/os. :D DD said she wanted to walk tonight as she was leaving this morning so I hope it doesn't rain us out.

Welcome IvoryGorgon. :D We are not a WW thread but you are more than welcome to join us. We are all Cathletes trying to get to goal but using different methods to get there. Congrats on your successful wt loss. That's awesome! I can relate to the need to clean up your eating. I think that's why we're all here. LOL I love all the foods that I need to break away from. :eek::eek::eek: Maybe Linda or Lisa can help you with the points question.

Nancy, walking is always good. I think it's important to listen to your body and respond accordingly. Especially at our age. It seems to pay off when we do.;)

It's about time you got back here Linda. ;) You will love having your own w/o room. :D

Lisa, I hate that your back is so unstable right now. Hang in there girl.

Good job with the control Lacy. I hope to be several lbs lighter by Thanksgiving. :p It's just not safe for me to keep cake around. :eek:

Jacque, hope all is well with your sister and things have calmed down. Stress sucks, huh?

Where are you, Melisssa?

I'm going to have a good week but need to get busy.

Hi everyone!

Yesterday's workout was: PUB/PLB Bonus Combo. I really like this one. It mixes the upper and lower body workouts to make a total body workout. A cardio workout is on tap for today, not sure which one though.:)

Lisa: I hope things are better with your back today. Did you get your shot yet? Any luck in filling the receptionist position yet?

Linda: How great you get your own workout space! That's funny how your DH doesn't like her music. It's really motivating when you're doing the workout though.:)

Nancy: An hour on the treadmill is great! I wish I could stay on my treadmill for an hour:p Needless to say, I neglect my treadmill too much.:confused:

Lacy: Hope you enjoyed your massage! My DH and I are planning a trip to Phoenix this weekend. The resort we stay at has a wonderful spa. I plan on getting a massage while I'm there.:)

Ivorygorgon: Welcome! Wow! An 85 lb weight loss! I used to follow WW. Like you, I was close to goal when I stopped journaling so I never did make it to my goal. I couldn't get back into the habit and finally gave up. (I got tired of throwing my money away)

Rondalynn: I love C&W! It's one of my favorites! You can send some of your rain our way:D The thing with my sister; she's been making one bad decision after another ever since her oldest son passed away last summer. She's with a guy now who's an alcoholic and abuses her. She'll leave him and then she'll go back. They've been married for less than a year, she divorced him in July, six weeks later she married him again. She's always been a little unstable but lately it's just out of control. No one knows what to do. Sorry if this is a little TMI :eek: It felt good to get some of it off my chest though.:(

I hope everyone has a great day!

I am here!!! I have missed reading up on how everyone is doing. I am status quo. I lost 2 pounds again but they are the ones I gained last week. Unless I really change I am going to be at this weight forever.

We have been busy packing and getting ready to move out of our house. We plan on being out next Saturday and then the movers will take everything we don't need at our in-laws and put it in storage. Actually they are going to load the truck and leave it on their storage lot and then when we want it they will bring it to us. We put an offer in on a house last night but are still waiting to hear back. The waiting is the hardest part. Our offer is lower than what they are asking but if they counter-offer we are only going to go up a few thousand dollars. Wait, they just counter-offered, now we have to do the same. I hate this game.

I have been good with my workouts. They have been kind of short, around 30 minutes but good. I did just part of the MIC hi/lo yesterday and was out of breath. I lasted about 25 minutes. Wow that is a toughie.

I wish I had time to make individual posts to everyone but it is getting late. I have Open House at school tomorrow night so I won't be on for a few days. Have a good night.

So I got A. Bento's Surge Kickbox and played around with it today. Her cueing is practically nonexistent in this one. I think it might be fun if I can get it down. The w/u was easy and I thought it would all be like that but the first combo threw me for a loop. :eek::eek::eek:

Jacque, I'm sorry your sister is struggling. I know how frustrating it can be wanting to help but not being able to. Hang in there and vent all you want. Sometimes all you can do is pray.

Good to see you Melissa. Good for you on keeping up with your w/os through all this. So how did the counter-offer go?;)

Heather, we're missing you as well. :D How are you?

Well, as you can see by my ticker, I'm back to where I started. :( I honestly don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I know that my low back/hip area is swollen right now and am hoping (and praying) that is the reason for most of the gain. The good news is I get my cortisone shot tomorrow morning. Hopefully that will alleviate the radiating pain and the swelling... :confused:

I finally found a person that I think will be a good fit for the receptionist position. She starts Monday. Yay!

Jacque: Sorry about your sister. My sister also struggles with making bad decisions and I always want to help but don't know how. Just like Rhondalyn said, prayer.

Nancy: I hope you're having a good week and have some renewed energy. You are so right on the food! That is going to be key for me. In fact, I think it is th most important key to losing weight. As far as a workout routine - it looks like I'll be doing a lot of "Walk Away the Pounds" dvd this winter (can't/won't) walk outside in the freezing cold. I was *so* close to buying a treadmill from HSN/QVC the other night! :eek: I wanted it! :p It was a proform and it looked awesome. However, there is absolutely no room in my house. I may look into the cost of the Anytime Fitness that is just 4 miles from my house.

Melissa: Good luck with your move! Sometimes shorter are workouts are just what your body needs.

Rhondalyn: Hope your busy week is going well! Good job getting all your workouts in!

Linda: You know, I never could find those TJ Belgian choc. almonds. Probably a good thing!! ;) How great that you get your very own workout room!! :cool: How are the projects going? :) I'm going to check out that Eqosque therapy! Thanks for the tip. :D

Ivorygorgon: Hi and welcome!! I think I remember you from a board on the WW site. At least I think it's you :) One of the reasons I fell off the WW wagon was because I was working out 2+ hours a day and was starving all the time. Then I'd overeat, feel guilty, and try to burn off the points eaten, then the cycle would start again. I have since learned that I can really only do 45 min a day (with a longer workout thrown in once a week) or I go completely off the rails because of hunger. I go off plan because of cravings enough that I don't need actual hunger getting in their too! :eek::eek::p I think there was some wisdom to when WW suggested earning/eating not more than 4 AP points per day.

Lacy: How was that massage? :)

Heather: Saw some Zumba pants online and thought of you! ;) Hope you're having a good week!

Well, I'll check back in and let y'all know how the shot went. My DH is displaying 2 of his fully-restored tractors in a county fair this weekend (how cute it he!!?) so I'll be all alone for 3 nights!! :eek: Actually, if my cortisone shot goes well, I plan on seeing 2 movies that are opening: Love Happens(Jennifer Aniston), and the one with Matt Damon(can't think of name). :D I'm also was inspired by another poster on the OD forum--I'm going to go through all my Cathe workouts and create a Cathe Workout book the lists the breakdown, weights I use, etc. That way I'll be all set when I can do Cathe again...and...it will keep me from making cream cheese frosting... :p

Cathletes Gettin' to Goal Check-in

Zumbaholic checking in! I have been called out by Rhonadlyn and Lisa, so I need to post an update!

I went to my first revival this weekend! I have been revived! I confess that I started coasting spiritually when I was focusing on planning menus and completing a serious rotation like STS. I needed a good reminder to kick clutter to the curb and get back to the basics. Simple living is sweet!

I hope it is okay to keep checking in here after I set aside my goal of finishing STS in 2009. I have been battling the blues. SAD does not usually hit me until the time changes, but it has been dark and rainy. An intense and demanding rotation like STS pushed me over the edge. I prayed and decided to put STS on the shelf until January. I felt pretty good the first week of the rotation and battled intense fatigue for the next 12 days. My workouts last week consisted of STS upper body and Zumba on Tuesday and Thursday and 5 rest days. As much as I love and look forward to my cardio workouts, I rested on cardio days last week. Houston, we have a problem! When I am too tired to enjoy life or my favorite fun cardio workouts, it’s time to get my head out of the sand and admit that my plan is not working for me! It was my goal to finish the 3-month STS rotation this year, but I am humble enough to admit that STS is too intense for me. It may be easier when I am not hauling around 144 pounds of fluff!

My new game plan is to start each day with Bible study and light therapy, eat intuitively and bless my body with good nutrition, and enjoy happy workouts that make my heart smile and energize me. The cute STS ticker will be waiting for me when I am ready for the challenge of STS. Yes, the ticker is the reason I started STS again! My body is not ready for it, and my heart was not in it either. I waved the white flag and symbolically placed STS on the altar Saturday morning.

Oh, Zumba is shaking the fat off my butt! I am 4 pounds lighter than I was on my birthday. I could see that my jeans were getting loose in the caboose, so I decided to step on the scale. I put it back in the closet where it belongs because I do not want to focus on that number, but it is good to know that my weight is finally moving in the right direction!

I am feeling good this week. I am not kidding about being a Zumbaholic! I got my Zumba fix Monday night and went from blue to woo hoo in 8 seconds! I am taking all the classes at the club and paying for extra classes at another location! This is my recovery week, so I am enjoying Zumba, Zumba, Zumba, and more Zumba. I went swimming tonight for a change of pace.

Did anyone watch The Biggest Loser last night? Abby is such an inspiration! I can relate to many of the contestants this year. If a trainer talked to me like Jillian talked to those women, she would be choking on the bar of soap I stuffed in her mouth! LOL!

I need to wrap up this day and recharge for Zumba! I was planning to ride off into the sunset, but I saw my name in here and decided to keep checking in.

Nancy, a packet of Emergen-C in a cup of water gives me a burst of energy.

Jacque, I am praying for your sister and you too. Hugs!

Melissa, happy packing!

Rhondalyn, we can hopefully get through STS together next year!

Lisa, step away from the cream cheese frosting. LOL!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to get in a quick check-in.:) Today's workout was the Gauntlet from the Terminator DVD. Fun workout! Yesterday I did Amy's Hi-Low Knockout (a shorter premix since I didn't have time for a 90 minute workout. DH and I are going out of town for the weekend. We're leaving tomorrow morning and I have a million things to still do. Talk to everyone later.

Wednesday

Ivorygoron, as you've seen we're not specifically a WW check-in thread, so you may have been looking for a different one. But you're welcome here if you would like to stay :)

Rhondalyn, you're so right about listening to our body -- something that I need to learn and hope to without having to learn the hard way. It's sometimes hard to know when it's truly time to rest and when I'm just being lazy! I'm ramping up my movement again, trying to make sure I'm being more active in the day. The scale is just not budging for me and there really is no reason for it not to. Must be my older metabolism (I hate admitting that and don't want to use it as a crutch). Are you going to keep trying with the Amy workout? I haven't even looked into getting anything other than the step ones of hers that I have, but they've been at the back of my mind.

Jacque, I've often thought about doing that PUB/PLB combo, but never gotten around to it. The Pyramids are among my favorite weight workouts. There are only two ways I can stay on the treadmill for any length of time: Cardio Coach or watching TV that I have taped. I'm not one who can just listen to music and stick with it. I find it a great way to combine getting some exercise and catching up on the shows I like to watch. I never watch them "live" as I have no patience for the commercials. It's perfect to watch them in my time and get a workout in, too. Oh, I meant to ask where you're going for your weekend away. I'll understand if you want to wait to "publish" that after you're back. I'm just curious. My husband and I used to do weekends in the Scottsdale area when our daughter was small, just to have a break to ourselves. It was a nice way to spend some time together.

Melissa, I have my fingers crossed for you and the house that you're hoping to get. With all that you have going on I'm impressed that you're even getting the shorter workouts in. Way to go!

Lisa, definitely please let us know how you react to the cortisone shot. Good luck! And I hope your husband enjoys his vehicle show. That's good news that you've found a receptionist. I'm sure she's happy to have the new job, too. That's quite an ambitious project that you're set for yourself in making those Cathe worksheets. I haven't been on the forums yet today so I haven't seen how that thread may have grown, but I remember thinking at the start of it that even as organized as I am, that was a little much for me. It's a totally logical thing to do, but I just don't have the patience any longer to do that kind of thing. I'm okay with doing it for STS because it's already laid out for me.

Heather, it's good to see you back, too. I was talking to my friend who had the master class with the Zumba creator and telling her about your love affair with the program. She totally "gets" it and sent along her ^5s to a fellow Zumba lover :) I'm glad that you have worked out what is the best for you right now. And WAY TO GO on that weight loss -- keep it up! Yep, I watched TBL last night and it may be a product of editing but I think that was the most tear-filled first show of all of the season so far. I think it's going to be tiring to watch! But I'll be there for every minute. I tape the first hour on one DVD player and while I'm watching that sans commercials I tape the second hour on another player to watch after the first. Goofy, I know, but it works for me!

I had a long day in Phoenix today for our monthly Torch Run meetings, but it was worth it as we got much accomplished. Our meetings lately have been very productive and that makes it worth the effort. I bought an inexpensive laptop when I got back from our trip to Oklahoma as I decided it would be really handy to have when travelling, since I seem to be doing more of that now. As a result, I had ordered Stephanie Huckabee's POWERFit workouts to have as travel workouts, along with Cathe's when it arrives. POWERFit was delivered yesterday so I did four of the five 20-minute workouts. They're not something I will reach for at home, but will be great for the purpose I made the purchase. I then walked for an hour while watching The Biggest Loser. Today was technically a rest day, but I did the final POWERFit workout, Core Fusion for a light workout.

Hi all!

I did the step and wts circuit premix from SJ&P this morning. It was kind of jacked up but got the job done. I just didn't have it in me to do the entire 75 minute w/o. Or however long it is. ;)

Nancy, I hear you on the lazy thing. LOL I'm the same way. Yes, I'm going to give it another try but I doubt I'll buy any more of hers right now. I have PowerFit and have never even tried them :eek: but see how they would be good for travel.

Have fun Jacque. I really do love your new do. I just found out that the girl that does my hair is leaving her salon. She and the other owner have dissolved their partnership and she doesn't know where she will be going. :eek::eek::eek: I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I've been wanting to try someone else for a while anyway. I guess I've got my chance.

It's good to see you back, Heather. :) I think you're smart to not take on something your body may not be ready for. Congrats on the wt loss! That's always exciting. :D I saw the end of TBL. I forgot it was on. :confused:

Yay for getting the position filled, Lisa! I know you must be relieved. :) I hope your Cortizone shot works wonders for you!

My ticker still isn't right. I'm just gonna wait until I get back to where I was. :p I did lose a pound this week so that is good. :D

Thursday

Rhondalyn, nice going on the workout. Are you starting to feel back to your normal self? Ack! Having to get a new hairdresser is stressful -- good luck! Okay, I want to see Jacque's new hair -- what am I missing?

I started to do Imax3's step only premix today, but knew right after the warmup that my brain was definitely not engaged. And since I don't know this workout well I was afraid I was going to hurt myself. So I pulled out the treadmill and planned to walk during a TV show. I surprised myself by running for 30 minutes of the program, so I ended up with a decent workout.

Is it Friday yet??!! YES, it IS!! :D

I had my cortisone shot yesterday and it went well. It could take a few days to fully "kick in". I woke up this morning with only a little bit of sciatic pain in my calf; which quickly disappeared once I started "walking" to one of Leslie Sansone's dvds. :) I've been sitting at work all day and so far, no pain! Yay! Hopefully, this shot will last a long time (forever would be great!). Since the next Cathe Road Trip isn't for like another year, I should be good! ;) I made a commitment to myself to stick with low impact-pretty much only walking, and some very light weights(like 3's and some bands) and concentrate more on core strength. I have to get my back muscles back up to "snuff" so I don't keep re-injuring/aggravating it.

I've spent this week trying to get back into the swing of things with tracking food. I get so busy at work and I simply forget to do it, then I get home and forget too. Not good! So...I have set up a reminder in my Blackberry for it. :cool:

I will check back with personal later. :D I hope everyone is having a great day!

Oh...watched TBL...LOVE this season already! I get so emotional watching that show. My husband thinks I'm nuts! :eek: The people seem great so far. I hope Jillian cleans up that mouth of hers!! Yikes!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.