forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member

Cathe's STS 2.0 Mat Yoga
*Learn More at https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh

Cathe's STS 2.0 Mat Yoga will feature yoga postures focusing on length and deep stretches performed down on a yoga mat. This routine is performed in a more intense, challenging manner. Mat Yoga comes on the same DVD as Chair Yoga. These workouts can be done separately or together for a longer, more intense yoga practice when desired.

Agreed…yoga & Pilates have never been my favorites…but this looks like it has good stretching along with poses and that’s why I hope these are chaptered individually, so I
can skip the ones that I can’t or don’t want to do…
Yup, just having the word "yoga" in the title can put me off ... I was laughing at myself last week as I've had the Perfect30 dvds since they came out & use the Perfect Flow Mobility often with the various premixes. But I realized last week that I had never done the "Yoga Strength & Flexibility " workout "as is". So I did it Friday & was surprised & made a note to self to ignore "yoga" in the title. Ha ha ha ... now I have a "new-to-me" workout when I've actually had it for awhile!

I need to treat myself to something cute like those leggings
Actually I like Brenda's! That deep beautiful color would blend in with so many of my other workout collection.
I'm not much of a "yogi" so I think I'm gonna love this kind of "yoga"!
Me either. Years ago, I was once snubbed over my purely athletic approach to yoga. Too bad... because I'm still doing MY exercise, MY way and TCB :cool:

Aquagirl, maybe one day you can find a pilates instructor who you can click with and try. I.love.pilates!!

I think something I learned as I have become more seasoned is sometimes it's how someone instructs that makes all the difference on whether you can gain the proprioception to appreciate the value of any exercise.

But I also get that a style just isn't for everyone. No matter how hard I have tried different instructors, I don't like Barre. Too much dread factor and unnecessary when there are other things I enjoy.

For yoga, it takes about 2 -3 minutes and I can tell an instructor who is teaching in a way I can't continue.

And Debinmi, Cathe's approach to yoga hits that sweet spot for me and Perfect 30 premixes have been some of her best.

But I also get that a style just isn't for everyone. No matter how hard I have tried different instructors, I don't like Barre. Too much dread factor and unnecessary when there are other things I enjoy
Such a good point. I'm thinking of calling my yoga dvd collection for this reason. Since the late 1990's I "tried" to like & enjoy yoga; took in-person classes & bought various dvds, trying to find something I like and would do. I have always been a bit inflexible & thought a regular practice would help. I like Jane Adams, most of Jessica Smith & Cathe's premixes in LIS (the whole workout is too long for me to do very often). What I gravitate to is more athletic stretching & I'll do them most everyday. (It can have yoga poses of course.) So I love Cathe's TBS, Stretch Max, Extended stretches, mobility work, etc. Karen Voight has some good stretching dvds too but they're rather long & no premixes. So I'm very much looking forward to this series with all the recovery work! :D

I got hooked on Pure Barre workouts in the summer of 2019. While I enjoyed it, I learned a bitter lesson- I’m not very flexible and overstretching led to piraformis discomfort that lasted quite a while. I have to keep that in mind with yoga, Pilates, barre or even the P.volve stuff I did last summer while rehabbing my knee.

Interesting hearing everyone's thoughts on yoga. I'm on the opposite side where I actually find Cathe's approach a bit too sterile and has too much of a fitness instructor approach rather than a yoga instructor approach. That said, I like to do her yoga workouts on occasion to mix things up, and I enjoy her Mobility Basics routine.

Honestly, most stretching segments of the vast majority of workout DVDs include yoga moves. They're just that effective.

But yep, give me the whispery, soft-spoken, spiritually centered, breathe in... breathe out... instructions.

I've been practicing Pilates for over 20 years now. I've been going to the same studio all that time and also have equipment at home. I started due to a back injury; the owner of the studio specializes in rehab work. Other instructors I've had at the studio over the years have been good but not at the same standard as the owner. There is quite a difference in an instructor who just teaches classes, and an instructor with a deeper understanding of human movement who does rehab work. I also do some YouTube Pilates workouts. I find Pilates is the best for abdominal strength and learning control of movement, which is complimentary to other styles of workouts that I do. There are different styles of Pilates, some are more athletic focused, some more stretching, or mobility/flexibility focused and then there are the rehab style ones which move much slower and have fewer exercises, but the exercises are targeted to the problem area. I do a bit of Yoga too from DVDs and YouTube, but I prefer Pilates. There are quite a lot of crossovers between Pilates, Yoga, and Barre particularly in the more athletic or stretching/mobility/flexibility styles.

I've been practicing Pilates for over 20 years now. I've been going to the same studio all that time and also have equipment at home. I started due to a back injury; the owner of the studio specializes in rehab work. Other instructors I've had at the studio over the years have been good but not at the same standard as the owner. There is quite a difference in an instructor who just teaches classes, and an instructor with a deeper understanding of human movement who does rehab work. I also do some YouTube Pilates workouts. I find Pilates is the best for abdominal strength and learning control of movement, which is complimentary to other styles of workouts that I do. There are different styles of Pilates, some are more athletic focused, some more stretching, or mobility/flexibility focused and then there are the rehab style ones which move much slower and have fewer exercises, but the exercises are targeted to the problem area. I do a bit of Yoga too from DVDs and YouTube, but I prefer Pilates. There are quite a lot of crossovers between Pilates, Yoga, and Barre particularly in the more athletic or stretching/mobility/flexibility styles.
When I used to have a gym membership, one of my favorite classes I took was something that was called, I think, "Body Flow" and they included tai chi, yoga, and pilates all in a single class. Loved the variety.

When I used to have a gym membership, one of my favorite classes I took was something that was called, I think, "Body Flow" and they included tai chi, yoga, and pilates all in a single class. Loved the variety.
After my shoulder surgery years ago, I took a Tai Chi class as part of my rehab. I enjoyed it. Probably would be interesting to experience those 3 modalities in one class - sounds innovative!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.