Cathe wearing glasses -- thanks!

atgood

Cathlete
It's great to see Cathe wearing glasses (well, maybe not for her!)

But as someone who has been wearing glasses for years while doing Cathe workouts at the crack of dawn or late at night, just wanted to give a shout-out and say, well, that's my life!

And Cathe looks great in her specs, by the way!!:+

Reading Glasses?

Atgood, I put my contacts in before my workout even though I get up at 4:00 a.m. I hate working out in glasses.

Abbe, I was surprised to see Cathe in glasses too as I remember reading a post about her having vision correction surgery. I wonder if they are reading glasses? She looks like a teacher--a fit and beautiful one! ;-) I am just excited to see that I will finally get some good use out of my gliding discs that are collecting dust in the closet. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Reading Glasses?

Cathe looks really good in her glasses. I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have to wear them, or I can't see.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Me too! I wear glasses all the time (no contacts) and have my old pair for my workouts. I don't like to use my regular pair to workout in. Love that Cathe wears glasses- and she looks so cute:)

Deanie

She probably had Lasik for nearsightedness, and that can accelerate farsightedness that comes with age.......I had it at 40, and became 20/15! It didn't speed my farsightedness though, but now at almost 47, I need reading glasses..sigh....makes me look wise though! And that's probably what has happened withe Cathe - middle age comes to the best of us!

I have an older pair of glasses that I often wear while working out. I just can't put my contacts in really early in the morning because I spend so many, many hours at a stretch wearing them while at the computer at work and during my part-time grad-school classes. So I hope I'm giving my eyes a little bit of a break.

But I just know there are many of us four-eyed fiends out there getting our work-outs done in our glasses! }(

Hi All! You are too sweet! Actually, yes, I did have Lasik and got great results 20/15 and 20/20 and maintained that for about 10 years. In the last couple of years I noticed my eyes getting a little blurry and saw my eye doc about getting an enhancement. They said my corneal tissue was to thin for an enhancement so I can wear contacts or glasses. Well being that I am only around 20/25 to 20/30 in my vision now I don't really need glasses or contacts full time so I opted to get glasses and whip them out when needing to see fine details or night driving. By the way, Lasik does nothing to correct the natural process of the aging eye so it is ineviatable that I will eventually need reading glasses or other optical option like everyone else facing this situation one day. You go with the flow, right :7

You look very pretty with glasses Cathe! I *also* wear glasses and lots of people tell me to get Lasik, but I thought it was a permanent solution. Now that I know that it's not I'm sticking with the glasses. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Cathe! I was wondering what the long-term effects of Lasik would be and whether there would come a day where I might need glasses again (gulp!). My doctor said I could get an enhancement someday if needed--not sure how thin my corneal tissue is, but I assume that's not something that changed as a result of the Lasik? So if you had medium thickness before the surgery, you should still have the same thickness?

Sorry to hijack the thread :).

Jennifer

Cathe,
Thanks for responding! It's interesting to hear of your experience with Lasik. One reason I have so far opted not to get it is because I would probably still need glasses much of the time, so I figure, what's the point? (Right now, I'm so near-sighted that I can barely walk across my very familiar living room without my glasses:-( )

Hi Jennifer! I have literature that states the following. This might help answer your question but your doctor knows what's best for you.....

"Lasik, All-Laser Lasik, PRK, LASEK, and Epi-Lasik all remove corneal tissue to change refractive error. If the patient is myopic, the removal is in the center of the cornea. If the patient is hyperopic, the removal is at the periphery of the cornea. What is most important is that there remains a stable and untouched portion of the cornea to insure corneal integrity and stability.

Studies show and most doctors agree that at least 250 microns of cornea must remain untouched for the cornea to remain stable. More is always better. If too much tissue is removed too deep, the cornea may become unstable and ectasia may develop. This is not something anyone will want to deal with and is most certainly not worth the risk of refractive surgery. It is possible to calculate the amount of tissue that will be removed prior to surgery and take measurements of the cornea to determine with reasonable certainty how much cornea will remain and if this is enough to keep stability."

Hi Rose! For some it is permanent and for some your eye sight can start to fall back a bit (but I don't "think" it ever goes back to what it was).

Then you have the whole issue of needing reading glasses. Thats a separate condition that happens whether you had lasik or not. They told me upon surgery that even if I get perfect vision (which I did) this will not prevent me from needing reading glasses down the road.

The need to begin wearing reading glasses is usually in the 40's and is due to presbyopia, a pretty unavoidable condition. I was told that unfortunately no refractive surgical procedures can currently correct presbyopia.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

:)

I also had Lasik done. I had mono-vision, I kept one eye for reading up close and one eye strengthened for distance.
I usually pop glasses on for night driving also.
A doctor recently told me in a couple of years they will be able to fix your eyes to see close and far away.;-)
He suggested for me to wait and do that procedure later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.