Cathe TV is back..what would u like to see?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi All, we're getting ready to fire up CATHE TV again. What are some health & fitness topics, fitness activities and/or special interests you'd like me to address?

Cathe id love to see a day in the life of you. Like show what ur day consist of food, exercise. And your crew each member of the crew, food exercise.
Id love to know how they get and stay in shape.
Id like to learn more about how muscles work just really in depth, pick your brain. Lol
Id like to see how you come up with idea for video put it out to your crew and how you get them to see what ur vision is.. Behind the sceens on filming a fitness video. Do the crew give ideas?

Yay! I am so happy Cathe TV is back! A segment on food would be awesome. A day in the life of Cathe. How do you get so much done in a day? What the heck are you eating to give you soooooo much energy? Fitness tips are always needed. You've been doing this for so long. I really want to know what YOU know so I can eat better, maximize my workouts, be healthier and fitter. That sounds a little nuts, but I hope you understand what I mean.

I would love to see options/modifications for exercises, made necessary by past injuries. For an example I have tennis elbows and can't do bic curls with a weighted barbell (without causing pain), but can use the same weight in dumbbells with no problems.

Hi Cathe!

I agree with Renee - I'd like to see a segment on muscles, i.e. which muscles you're working during a particular move, where you should be feeling it, and if you aren't feeling it then how to make the adjustment so that you are.

For example, when you're doing a front lunge, which primary muscles are being worked and at which point should you really feel it?

Thanks!

I agree, I would love a discussion on certain moves and where you are supposed to feel them. For example, I love the current squat explanation on Cathe TV where you show the muscular-skeleton animation of what muscles are working as you squat. Would love to see something similar for rear delts or back flys, where I am never quite sure I am hitting all the rights muscle groups.

Thanks for all that you do Cathe!!

Detailed Step Movements

This might seem weird, but I can't figure out many of the step moves in *step* workouts. For example, foot placement in *around the world* , etc. I've tried slowing up my dvd but that's not helping either. I have Athletic Training and a few others, but gave them up in frustration.

Yay, I'm so glad Cathe TV is back! You have gotten great suggestions so far - I'd love to watch any of them!

If you do a segment on modifications to deal with injuries, please include PF. It seems to be a common injury. I find that moves that stretch the foot, such as lunges, cause me problems. Impact does not.

Also, any personal observations or commentaries about your various videos is fun! I always chuckle when I do firewalkers when I remember you (good-naturedly and affectionately) pointing out Cedie's little tiny steps in one of the STS workouts! The laugh always makes firewalkers a little easier to do! :D (And let's face it, Cedie's form is always spot-on. We'll cut her a little slack here! ;) )

Last edited:
Plie Squats

I'd really like to see a tutorial on plie squats. Especially, I'd like to see a camera angle from the side. Yes, I get that the knees aren't supposed to extend over the toes in the down position. But what should be happening with your rear end? Should it be like a ballet plie where your back is straight and your tush is tucked under, so that if you had a wall behind you, your rear wouldn't be sticking out?

I love all the suggestions here and I would watch all of them. Most interested in topics on food/nutrition and a day in your life and the crew (what workouts does everyone do daily, what does everyone eat, etc.). I would also love the plie squats. If you could do something on back injuries...I had 2 bulging discs in my lower back. It's been 7 months now and I just recently started getting back to working out, but things are still difficult. Where nothing held me back before, I now have to work around it and sometimes eliminate certain moves. If you have some stretches for this or moves to do or not do, would be great. Anything you do, will be great and I'm looking forward to watching! Thank you Cathe!

I would like a segment on the cast of the videos. We workout with these girls on a daily basis and just know their names! What do they do when they aren't filming Cathe videos ? Just curious!
Also, I'd like form pointers on the last segment in the rear delt bonus where we are on the ball. Does your arm go straight up or out to the side? I don't ever feel like I can feel my rear delt working

I would like a segment on the cast of the videos. We workout with these girls on a daily basis and just know their names! What do they do when they aren't filming Cathe videos ? Just curious!
Also, I'd like form pointers on the last segment in the rear delt bonus where we are on the ball. Does your arm go straight up or out to the side? I don't ever feel like I can feel my rear delt working

I agree! I've worked out with this crew for years and feel like I know them but have never even heard them speak. I guess hard work is a bonding experience. :)

Having just done the rear delt bonus on Xtrain for the first time, I would love some form pointers on those exercises (mainly the 2nd and 3rd ones which are new to me). I wasn't really sure if I was hitting the right muscle, especially with the tubing.

Thanks!

Ooooh, let's see:

-How to create our own Cathe rotations depending on our goals.

--Goal setting for fitness. What are reasonable/appropriate expectations?

-Take us inside your brain w/ how you create your choreography & how you fine tune it for teaching or filming

-Clips of YOU doing your own personal workouts

-Take us behind the scenes at your filming so we can see how many people are involved off the set.

-Tell stories about filming some earlier workouts. There has to be some funny ones over the years. Include some of the cast too!

That's all I can think of now. :)

Yay!!! Cathe TV is back!! :D
I love all the suggested ideas so far! I'd like to see a segment of form pointers on the difference between rear delt fly and back fly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.