Cathe, STS Shock Cardio Request

Do you want modification shown in STS Cardio?

• Yes, please, have one exerciser doing a modifier for each high impact move

Votes: 250 71.8%
  • No, thanks, I will modify on my own as needed

Votes: 74 21.3%
  • Modify? What's that? I live for high impact and do jumping jacks in my sleep!

Votes: 24 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morningstar

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

If you haven't already started filming, is there any way we can request that you include a background exerciser doing low impact versions of most exercises? I like to keep my cardio intense, but my knees pain free. I find that a lot of cardio is plyometric based, and I have to modify, modify, modify! If there was someone I could follow that just didn't do all the jumping, but did another version just as intense, that would be great!!!!

I ordered already, so it won't affect my decision to buy, just my ability to live into my nineties pain free! No pressure or anything...

Thanks for the wonderful workouts!

I agree. Showing low impact options will help benefit a larger audience.

Thanks for the great workouts! You all rock!!!!

Please a low impact modifier

Just chiming in too. Would love to see a modifier. I always end up doing more impact than I should because I get into the workout and forget to modify then I am limping for days after and can't work out. If I had one person to follow it would be great.

A low impact modifier would be wonderful!

I would love to see someone doing a modified version where applicable. Could you also make some comments that the low impact is just as much work as the other version of the workout, or it's still tough, or something along those lines?:rolleyes: My DD works out with me on occasion and she says I'm cheating when I modify and I'm not working as hard!! She'll believe I am working hard if Cathe says so!!

Thanks!!

Me too. I will definitely order. Just be pain free without sacrifying intensity, that would be great!

I agree, working out on these floors at home haven't done wonders for my knees or my shins. I would love to have those wonderful floors they have in the gym but it ain't gonna happen.

I also totally agree.

I have requested this in the past. However, the feedback I have gotten is that because Cathe gears her workouts toward an "educated" crowd, it is up to us to figure out how to modify.

That being said, I found the four day split she did prior to STS to dancey for me. I would have appreciated a modfier for some of the dance moves as well as the high impact moves.

I am very excited about STS Shock Cardio. I expect it will be awesome and I have already pre-ordered.

Thanks Cathe!

Regards,

Rhonda

It would be nice to have someone in the background to show modified moves. For use that suffer from achey joints and bad feet.

I'd really like to see this too. Mainly because I think I modify things down too far and lose the intensity. I'd like to see an "expert" do a low impact but still high intensity modification.
Beth

Modifyers

Yes, please add intense modifyers for those of us whose feet jsut can do the shuffle any longer. My joints are pounded to death!

I agree. Particularly on the super athletic moves that are high-impact, I would love to see low-impact options that can get the heartrate up just as much.

I know Cathe is usually great about saying that there are other options and to take it at your level, but sometimes seeing is believing :)

I agree. Particularly on the super athletic moves that are high-impact, I would love to see low-impact options that can get the heartrate up just as much.

I know Cathe is usually great about saying that there are other options and to take it at your level, but sometimes seeing is believing :)

ITA! Those LowMax blasts sure get my heart rate up, challenge my muscles AND my knees live to step another day.

Same here. I love Cathe but at my age I am afraid of the new series. I can keep up with some of the kickboxing and step workouts but don't think I can do all of this new bootcamp, HIIT stuff anymore. My joints just won't take it. I would love the band workout.

Susandean

Another vote for a modifier in each workout. :)

That would be good for those of us who have to modify all the time and for people who can still work out at full intensity but might need to take it easy every now and then.

Plus, maybe there could be a little "tutorial" somewhere on the disk giving those of us with tweaky knees, ankles, elbows and shoulders some extra form pointers as well as ideas for modifications of high impact moves or moves with lots of twists and turns. (Anything that creates "drag" is bad on my knees.)

Thanks for listening!

Me too!! It would be great to be able to have a larger variety of workouts - my knees are shot from years of competitive swimming, so low-impact modifications would be awesome! As one of the other posters said, I worry that when I modify them myself, I lose the intensity!

Thank you!!
Kirsten

I would also love an option & someone to follow. I always push myself to do the high impact & I believe sometimes maybe I shouldn't. I am not always sure how to modify to lower impact so I don't & then my joints don't like me so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.