Cathe now everywhere and now QVC

LeAnnZ

I don't check this site often but I've been a Cathe fan for 18 years. I am one of the veteran Cathe followers from day 1. I'm sad to see that she has commericialized now. It's very very sad to me. She was my own little jeanie in a dvd. I'm trying not to be selfish. I can't be bitter because she has given so many people so many gifts. In the meantime, I personally, have had to look for other means to keep myself fit. I still buy the DVDs and have pre ordered the next round. I have yet to do any of them. I'm completely disenchanted with the videos at this point. I'm sure I'll circle back and do them. In the meantime, I'm dealing with it the best I can. All the same, I hope she keeps on helping so many!!!!!! She has a great message and communicates it in a way that is not intimidating or disarming.
I'm curious if anyone feels the same?

there are some people from the early days that have written the same sentiments. cathe has been in the business for 20 years and she's now seeing the rewards of her hard work pay off in a way she may not have ever imagined herself (or maybe she has). although i fully understand the sentiments of others, i couldn't be happier for cathe. to take a company from a vision on paper to where it is now is an incredible accomplishment.

I understand what you're saying but I don't understand your "disenchantment" with the workouts......her going commercial doesn't make her workouts any less effective then they've always been. It's not like The Firm where the company has been sold and things will change, Cathe is still in complete control of her products.

I'd say that I'm "proud" of Cathe! She has a knack for what she does and delivers. I truly haven't ever had a DVD or video that I didn't like, she fits my style! And is she can spread the word about her programs, I say more power to her. I have DVDs from several other instructors and I always use Cathe as my "measuring stick"...rarely have I found another DVD that's as classy and effective as hers. I understand that some may think that she's going too mainstream, but I don't think she has any intention of alienating her fan base. Rather she aims to expand her reach while focusing on the advanced exercise "fan"atic!!!
just my .02!
julie

I'm SO proud of Cathe and amazed that through all of her company's expansion how she still has time to chat with us and truly be there for us. She's a class act. I think it's great that her brand is expanding and reaching out. If it means that more people will be exposed to her workouts, which in my opinion are the safest and most effective way of training, then I'm all for it. Plus, I recently bought her weighted vest and weightlifting gloves off of QVC for a great price. By expanding her brand to other retailers, the prices are more competitive, which is a good thing for the consumers. :)

I am THRILLED for Cathe and so pleased to see her get her due! She's worked so hard for SO long -- she set the standard that everyone else tries to meet. She spent 20 + years working to get where she is and has never compromised her standards. Everything about her business is the very best it can be from the workouts themselves, to the high quality of the production, to the advanced technology they employ, to the wonderful features offered for FREE on the website, and Cathe TV -- I mean, what more could anyone ask for from this woman and her team!?

BRAVO Cathe!!! You ROCK and I wish you the very best in your business pursuits!!

Last edited:
No I don't feel the same at all. I wish Cathe all the best and I think STS is the finest work she has done so far. What an amazing set! Personally I think she just gets better and better. Try the new ones you just bought and then decide! I also have been working out with Cathe for a very long time.

To see someone work so hard and to achieve so much, especially a woman, makes me so proud to be a fan of hers for years! Look at it this way, you helped her achieve so much by buying the videos, etc. What other can achieve, so can you!! Bitterness hurts no one but yourself!! And, remember what they say..."It takes 20 years to make an overnight success!"

Be PROUD of her!! She is the BOMB DIGGITY! LOL!

I am not disappointed in what Cathe/SNM have accomplished. I think it's AWESOME! As long as the quality of their products continues to be as top notch as it is now then I have absolutely nothing but the utmost respect for their success.

No, I do not feel that way at all.
Cathe workouts are only getting better.
I seriously hope she considers a STS- 2 in a few years. The cost of STS is nothing if you consider what it would cost to hire a trainer in a gym and I doubt the training would even come close to Cathe's!

Why in the world would anyone be troubled by another person's success:confused:
How very sad.

No, I do not feel that way at all.
Cathe workouts are only getting better.
I seriously hope she considers a STS- 2 in a few years. The cost of STS is nothing if you consider what it would cost to hire a trainer in a gym and I doubt the training would even come close to Cathe's!

Why in the world would anyone be troubled by another person's success:confused:
How very sad.

You're right, Cynthia, it is sad, especially from someone who is supposed to be a fan??? How dare Cathe make herself available to more customers. What's even more sad is the OP now can't even bring herself to do the workouts.

Hi all. LeeAnn I understand what you are saying, but I don't disagree with anyone else. You discovered Cathe long before I, and probably many of us here did. I know that feeling of having it be your little fitness secret - you wish her well, but still she's your secret.

I felt that way years ago with the original Firm. I was one of those ones who preordered all of their VHS videos at $50 a pop. I loved "lifting weights" with them when AWT was an unknown concept for so many in the fitness field. Their videos were ground breaking - and top notch - and I knew about them. It was MY little secret - sure available to all - but it was mine. Then when I saw the first Time-Life infomercial for the Firm I felt a little betrayed. I was one of their loyal followers and I felt like they were selling me out. Now of course, IMO the Firm - or what's left of it - has gone to hell in a handbasket. BUT as a BUSINESS the company had to make what they believed to have been sound and smart business decisions to expand their business.

So I truly understand your feeling of let down - been there, felt that. I think and hope - that you can recognize that Cathe follows her passion in her business, but it is still a business. Yes she has been discovered by SO many more, and no, she is (sadly for you ) not your own little fitness secret anymore. BUT I think the difference between Cathe and the Firm is that passion I mentioned. I honestly don't see Cathe''s product ever sliding downhill like the Firm did, because she invests so much of herself in her product.

Keep enjoying what she makes, and smile for her success. Yes, your secret is out, but she is truly bringing great things to SO MANY others. I know you are happy for her.

I understand what you're saying but I don't understand your "disenchantment" with the workouts......her going commercial doesn't make her workouts any less effective then they've always been. It's not like The Firm where the company has been sold and things will change, Cathe is still in complete control of her products.

I understand your confusion about the disenchantment comment. I'm just as confused. I'm happy for her but every time I look at the stack of STS dvds I just sigh. It could be that I've been doing this daily for sooooo long that maybe I'm just burnt out and need the break from it. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not giving up and I know eventually I'll fall in love with her workouts all over again :)

I admit to having a very small twinge on jealousy when I heard about teh QVC thing but the joy & excitement far outways any negative feelings. Jealousy is not a very flattering emotion IMO & I don't care to dwell on it. As all have stated Cathe's accomplishments are well deserved & hard earned. I also do not understand why you feel the need to put Cathe on the back burner ????? She's still good ole Cathe who we can count on to kick our butts! :D

Nope, don't feel that way at all. Cathe (and SNM) have worked their butts off for 2 decades and they are now seeing more of the financial rewards that less talented fitness instructors have enjoyed. I wish them even more success and hopefully, one day, when I tell people I'm going on a Cathe roadtrip, they won't give me a blank stare!! :eek:

I've worked out to Cathe for years, since her VHS days, and I couldn't be happier with her current success. She has gotten better and better, and her workouts rock. I'm certainly not disappointed at all that other people are discovering how great Cathe is, and are benefiting from her knowledge like I have.

I'm thrilled that Cathe is getting the recognition she deserves. There are many other instructors out there that have name recognition that don't have nearly the quality or effectiveness of Cathe's workouts.

I hope that lots more people find Cathe and SNM from this exposure.

I'm thrilled that Cathe is getting the recognition she deserves. There are many other instructors out there that have name recognition that don't have nearly the quality or effectiveness of Cathe's workouts.

I hope that lots more people find Cathe and SNM from this exposure.

Amen to that, Dianna...more often than I'd like, I've purchased a DVD from a name instructor that fails to live up to the hype..to me, there isn't a worse feeling than wasting an hour you've set aside for a workout and end up discouraged, not so with Cathe!!

ohhh, i hope she does another STS in a few years! it's been hard to get back into my other dvds since STS. she's definitely set the gold standard with this one, even among her own dvd library! please cathe....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.