Cathe and Jenn D doing a seated overhead press in All Upper Body #1 in STS 2.0

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
UpperBody1-2150.jpg

Pictured here are Cathe and Jenn D doing a seated overhead press in All Upper Body #1 in STS 2.0. Overhead pressing primarily increases the strength and size of the shoulder muscles while also strengthening the triceps and trapezius muscles. Doing overhead presses seated is a variation that reduces the fight for core stabilization and eliminates lower body momentum, therefore, allowing you to focus more specifically on the upper body muscles.

Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!

I prefer doing overhead presses seated, and often do seated when Cathe and crew are standing.
It just feels better for me when going heavy and my basement ceiling is a little low too Lol!
Ha ... I find them easier doing standing, so often get up to do them ... guess I should stay seated! Shoulders seem to be my "weak link" ... hoping this series helps ... looking at Cathe & crews' shoulders is motivating!

I prefer standing too and I have to be careful with overhead presses after having some neck problems 10 years ago. 15's are about as high as I'll go on an overhead press. I know we're always supposed to challenge ourselves, but I also believe that common and sense and listening to our bodies is key because its not worth risking an injury by going too heavy on a certain body part.

That's why I always like to know what weights Cathe's using as a guide. When Cathe goes light on a certain exercise that's a pretty good indicator that its best to get a feel for the exercise and then see if going heavier makes sense.

That's why I always like to know what weights Cathe's using as a guide. When Cathe goes light on a certain exercise that's a pretty good indicator that its best to get a feel for the exercise and then see if going heavier makes sense.
I agree... When Cathe goes light, I know we're in for a challenge ... so I either use her weight or go lighter the first few times of doing the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.