CALLING ALL NEW DVD BUYERS

I agree that the workouts are indeed beginner and intermediate but an advanced execiser can make them more difficult. I did High Step Circuit today. I used 10 inches for cardio, 6 risers for leg press (this is what I use with Cathe's advanced tapes) and 8 and 10 pound weights for the weight work. I had a tough and sweaty workout and I like the slower pace. It's a nice change from the almost manic pace of the advanced circuit workouts. I haven't done Body Fusion except as add on cardio to the Basic workout but again, at 10 inches with a few jumps added, I had a fun and hard workout. I didn't care for the bands so I abandoned them and I did the compound work twice, working upper and lower separately. I rather enjoyed playing around to see what step heights and poundages would create a tough workout. I wish there was more cardio but it could be done twice through.
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

I have done the Advanced Step Circuit workout and I loved it. I thought it was different enough from Boot Camp to definitely be a "gotta have" (at least for me!). I am an advanced exerciser who has all of Cathe's workouts and I am used to doing all of her moves and intensity. But....I also ordered the other two DVD's (Basic Step/Fusion and Beg.Int. High Step Circuit.) I did the Basic Step workout a couple of days ago. I made my step 8" and added lots of intensity by adding step hops, etc. I followed this with the Challenge from Step Blast and the hi-lo from SJ&P. That was a great cardio workout and a great mix! I really liked adding the slower Basic step with these really advanced "blasts". Anyway, I previewed the upper and lower body add-ons from Basic Step and Fusion and I can tell that I will love these. I will use heavy wieghts and do the upper and lower together for a total body workout on days that I am shorter on time (along with the corework).

Sorry so long, but I really like these and am really glad I ordered all of them. I am excited 'cause I can see so many possibilities with these!

Linda

Hey everyone,

I preordered High Step Advanced and the Body Fusion DVD's. I've done High Step 3 times already and did Body Fusion/Basic Step twice.

If you use an 8-inch step in BF and use power moves rather than the lower version, your heartrate will be up there! You also need to heavy-up on the weight sections, which makes it more challenging.

Although the BF DVD states it's for beginner/intermedite exercisers, it can be easily modified for the advanced crowd as well.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.