Busy mommies and their growing babes 5/16-5/22

Allsion- We do so many pixos! You too? We love them! Yeah, woried about john, bu tit si what it is! Will take Factor iwth us and see if they infuse. We were prepared that things would get really awful for a few years once he started moving arounf. the kid is a damn ping pong table with his head.
Mel- Love you.
Jen- Pizza city here and beer. Mmmmm.
Lisa- Get well!
Off to bed. In laws demand peppy me! Will BB in the mornign with more, off to bed and some bow chick a wow wow. DH beign patient. He things I am getting a glass of water. You girls, gietting int eh way.
Oh and BTW, KPC today was a nice treat . It seemed easy but helped my hips and back...

I love to hear all the encouragement. I'm getting ready for work. I have to find a way to get this anxiety in check. I've never been an anxious person and it feels awful! It feels like my insides are all twisted up and I have this strong feeling inside that "I can't handle it". I'm usually a very laid back person...who flourishes under pressure. And these feelings are just silly, b/c I can and do handle it. I get anxious about every realm of life: work, kids, finances, driving, sleep.

Myranda slept through the night last night. :confused: Probably just a fluke. I know ya'll will think I'm nuts, but i prefer for them to wake up at least once to nurse...to keep my milk production up!

Alrighty, off to work.

Bye Beautifuls!

Hi all! I would like to please trade my baby in for the newer shinier sleping model. He wakes up at 4:30am in the morning every day. Usually I can give him a blankey or his mobile and he will go back to sleep. But the past few days, he freaks out and welcomes me with a big poop! I think he must have a virus or something. He was doing so well, with nightime and predictable naps in the daytime. And this week is a train wreck. ok, tytping one handed now. in laws come today.
melanie- are you still taking caffeine pills by any chance? Could those be contributing to the anxious feeling? Have you listened to the ppd cd i sent? I realized i had ppd with Jimmy when I heard that. I have had anxiety attacks in teh past, severe enough to interfere with my life, and used to take medication for it. IT helped for a while, but made me heavy and a little boring (I am much more intereting in my normal manic crazy state!!!). But it helped a lot because it allowed me to feel better, find a good therapist, and talk things out, and the most empowering part was having the confidence to go off them later on. i know how tough things were for me and must be so much harder for you. i hope that things get better. hopefullly the sun is shining where you are today!
allison- that sleep sounds better than champagne! ohhhh what i would do for sleep. how far are you from your goal on weight? how can we help? want to schedule workouts that we hold each other to? do you have a double jogger you could borrow?
bbl for more personals. got to run b4 hematology appt.

HI ladies, TGIF...

Melanie, I am so sorry that you are going thru all this, you do have a lot in your plate but you're such a warrior and I know you'll get thru this. My prayers are with you and your family. (((HUGS)))

Well, here I am freaking out because I have seen 3 brown recluse spiders in my home this week, I've being doing some research and they can be deadly, so needless to say, Daniel won't be on the floor until we get this under control. The pest control guy will be at out home this afternoon and I can't wait, I guess they are doing 4 treatments in a year to get rid of that. I 'm getting paranoic but I'm constantly checking everywhere I go just to make sure we are safe.

Everything is flowing better here at work, she was relocated but ended up resigning...

So, I decided to run yesterday for a whole hr and my already weak ankle is acting up AGAIN. I brought this to myself, it's just so hard to not workout when that's what your body craves. I am back to my prepreggo weight but I need to lose 5 more pounds. May have to do an pper body w/o today and call it a day.

Christine, good luck today, keep up posted about your appointment

Lisa, are you feeling better?

Jen, I did check the thread, some crazy stuff, that's why I prefer to stay with you all in this forum and not get that involved in the other forums. You gals are the best!

Allison, great suggestion for your DH, glad you had a nice night! Ready for BL finale next week?? Who do you think is going to win ??

Back to work!

Christine, how did the hematology appt go today? Thinking about you.

Melanie, these feelings are not "silly." They are very real, BUT, they are not how you normally feel and process. Hope the work day was uneventful. And I hope you can listen to the CD from Christine. Please, don't beat yourself up for feeling overwhelmed, or for feeling you should "be in control." (((hugs)))

Priscilla, how SCARY about the brown recluses. I'd be totally freaked out. We had ants a few weeks ago and I was a nut about getting every last one of them OUT of the kitchen -- I sprayed outside 6 times in 3 days LOL

Christine, I'm 7 pounds from prepreggo weight, but I was trying to lose 11 pounds before I found out I was pregnant -- so I have 18 to lose. My first goal is the 7. Today was a good day -- I paid attention to everything I ate. I didn't do a formal workout, but ran around the playground with Ella for an hour so at least got something done.

I don't know anyone with a double jogging stroller. With the humidity of summer coming, I don't know how inclined I'd be to hit our steep hills with 75 lbs of kid in a heavy stroller (I hate the humidity). But I love walking -- Ella and I logged 40 miles a week for 2 years while I trained for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. Those steep hills rock!

On the stroller front - forgot to tell you all -- I got an AWESOME new stroller from my mom and grandmother. It's a Baby Jogger City Mini (not to be used for jogging). It has a one-hand fold, the seat fully reclines, and it steers like a dream.

http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_lp.aspx#

Good morning ladies! Not a whole lot going on. Just plan on hanging around in the pool today. DH and I agreed that we don't feel like doing anything but that. :D

Priscila- I agree that I would be freaked out by the spiders too! How scary! I hope you get that under control and no one gets hurt!

Allison- I bet if you paid more attention to your eating those last pounds would just drop off. Its time to get strict woman! Reign it in! :p

Melanie- Thinking about you.

Christine- How was the appointment? How is it with the inlaws there? Mine are visiting tomorrow along w my dad and his girlfriend....gonna be a long afternoon. :confused:

Back is now sore and probably ready to be stretched but I am waiting until tomorrow to start fresh. Now I am not sure if I want to start the Insanity rotation or do the STS strength/Insanity rotation from the forum.

Have a great day all!

Good morning! The hematologist went well, John will get a port soon. We meet back in 8 weeks, and should be able to proceed. His sponateous bleeds will occur soon. Sad, but good, because then we can start treating him prophylactically. It took forever though. I was pacing the dr office!
In Laws are here and great.
JOhn slept terribel again. I am beat. I will let MIL take care of him tonight so that I can rest, the race is tomorrow morning.
We are off to a kid's rollercoaster park today. Yay!
Jen adn Priscilla- You guys need to get better! Jen, the insanity stuff came, will get it to you. ANyone else, FB me!
Allison- 40 miles is awesome. Are you doing the walk again this year? My DH is doing it with his mom. I LOVE BABYJOGGER. They make teh greatest products and are so practical. Yay! You will get where you want to be, it is so much harder with two kids to please, I think. Sometimes I am grateful to get any workouts in! Of course, the days that I get long naps from the kids are the ones when I have a no workout day!!!!
Melanie- How are you?
Lisa- How si day 2 of three day weekend?

I"m feeling okay right now. This morning I had the worst anxiety I've had yet... spoke to my MD who ordered some Ativan. I haven't taken it yet b/c my anxiety has subsided a bit (but now I'm exhausted). My body aches from all the anxiety and such. When DH gets home I'm going to try to take a nap.

I don't think I have postpartum CDs? I have Ellen and the story about the gal with cancer. I have them in the car, I'll have to check out what the others are... what's it called?

Christine- You have to take John swimming to get him to nap! James falls out so fast after swimming, its incredible! That is sad about the bleeds starting but better for you to control.... Yay for the DVD's! I plan on doing an Insanity tomorrow morning and then a nice LOOONG stretch. I feel pretty good today. Good luck on the race!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Melanie- I'm sorry about the anxiety again today. I hope the prescription helps. I feel privledged that you share this information with us. In my line of work, alot of parents are afraid to take medication for their mental health diagnosis and it is so hard to convince people that it is not a weakness but just the chemicals in their brain.

Lisa- Yay for the garage sales! I saw your post on FB! It is just too hot here in FL to garage sale now. We only have a short spring and garage sale season and then its time to hang out at the pool.

Mel- Double Check. There shoudl be a Brooke Shields PPD one called Down Comes the Rain. THe cancer one is my mom, she hade it for people to understand how to treat cancer patients who are dying... Hope the anxiety wears off. Ativan helps a lot. I took zoloft for a year or so, it helped a lot...
Jen- I want to take him swimming! We are having acrazy cold snap, highs in the 50s! brrrr! I cannot wait to take him in the pool! He is out cold right now, he loved watchign kids at teh zoo/amusement park. I am so tired. Off to make sandwhiches and maybe sneak a nap!
:)
C

Jen, I know it's not a weakness but a chemical/hormonal imbalance. It sucks, but God never wastes a hurt....I'll be able to help someone else someday. I feel fortunate that it's PPD...so it won't last forever. I want to enjoy my kids and this season of my life. If I didn't get meds/treatment I would be wasting this time.

The mornings are the hardest times for me for some reason. I took just 1/2 anxiety tablet and was able to nap when DH came home. I am going to be coveting my sleep for the next several weeks. Bedtime is 9ish for this gal. I really think sleep deprivation has played a factor in all this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.