Busy mommies and their growing babes 5/16-5/22

What is the Insanity rotation you're trying? The actual one from the program that just uses Insanity 6 days a week (which *IS* insane!) or one that you created/found on cathe.com?

Sorry your back is messing with your plans. But you're wise to listen to your body instead of pushing yourself.

I did the insanity advised rotation for 2 weeks and had to vary it up. Two reasons, I got bored and my back started to hurt me... I added strength and some cathe intervals like hiit and imax series...
Yes, Mike is a HUGE WHINER! This is the only season that I have seen people so big at the end. Usually people are at goal weight or lower... The pink piggy is really going to give them a run for their money. SHe was really big.
Okay, been running, did Gauntlet, Costco, about to crush boxes in the garage, tehn mopping the floors, lunch, and family nap. Whew. I have my groove on today. Maybe because I got on teh scale today and it was super high. I know it is from teh POPCORN i snarfed down watching BL. Oh and the red wine. ANd the caramels. How does a diet show make me ravenous? Jen, hope your back improves. I think Motrin works better in the inflammation injuries...

Christine, dang girl! What time do you get up to run? Are you out the door by 5am or something?! I'm lucky to just get up, feed the kids, shower, and get out of the house by 10 LOL

On BL again, I wonder how Shay (the big whiner from last season -- or rather, the weepy one) did with her challenge. Didn't they challenge her with $1000 per pound lost by next week's finale?

This might be TMI but anti inflammatories give me the runs. Pain pill has worn off and I am ready for another but it says every 6 hrs. Now I see how people become addicted.... :p

Actually, yes, that is how it is! John gets up at 4:30 and Jimmy rarely sleeps past 6, so I am usually runnign by 6:30 or so... I am not a good sleeper and neither are my kids.
I have seen some things with Shay over the season, doing ads for Subway, and she is not rocking. It looks like she needs more external motivation. I am obsessing latley over how creepy the mom/son and dad/ daughter relationships have been this year on BL, so much enabling. I think these kids need to move into their own places and grow uP!

Hi ladies,

You gals are cracking me up with the BL chat. That's all we talk about here every Wed. morning!. I was kinda dissapointed on Darius, he must have eaten a lot lately, I mean just the fact that he was training for that marathon and that he actually ran a marathon would make me think that he'd lose some weight. I guess we all fall off the wagon from time to time. Hopefully, this is just a learning experience. I hope he stays for the final 3 instead of Koli, I didn't like his attitude the last couple of episodes.
Are you planning on watching Losing it with Jillian?? I think it's going to replace BL until the next season.
Oh, Bob Harper is coming out with a series of workouts too, I saw their website and it looks though! Check it out...

http://mytrainerbobdvd.com/index.html

Jen, sorry you messed up your back, Insanity is a really though w/o! and I can't imagine doing that 6 days a week, but that's just me. Maybe I'm biased since my ankle got messed pu doing it. I love doing Insanity once or twice per week though..

I'm probably late but has anybody watched Avatar? Loved it, DH and I watched last weekend.
Oh, my anniversary is coming up too (June 1st)/ I'll be our third one. No big plans, hubby is starting his summer semester that day. Boo

Waves to all my wonderful friends here!

Okay, Jen, no motrin for you unless you put a pampers in your panties!
priscilla- so glad you are around! I agre that Daris must have really fallen off the wagon. I eat A LOT and am marathon training and have to supplement with extra calories some days just ot recover from teh training. SO, he must be super sad inside and eat to comfort it. I feel bad for him. We got to get that kid out of the sticks and into a city to meet a girl and get him in love! A little love is always good!
Okay, we have done like 6 pixos todya. Craft central here. Got to try to get naps around here. I need a break. Oh, and I was planning on runnign this evening and it is pouring out. Boooooo!

hey guys...just checking in quick to prove I'm not dead. My mind is not at all fully functioning (which wasn't too full to begn with!) so this will be brief. The cold that had begun as a sore throat has now turned into a flaming sore throat...I swear I'm swallowng nails. I actually got some one on one time with Caden tonight but I can barely talk. ugh.

Jen-good luck on the insanity rotation. I don't think my body could survive 6days of that each week!

Mel-I hope things begin to look up for you..you have so much going on. I continue to think of you and your dad.

Since my brain is fried, I can't remember anything else I read! aghhh! Hope to b with the living next week. workouts have sucked this week. I finally made some quinoa. YUM!

all for now...waves to everyone!

Morning mommies! I took a pain pill before going to bed last night and man! Did I have crazy a$% dreams or what??!! :eek: I feel better and my back feels sore and achy and some nerves feel a little pinched. I put some tiger balm on and only took Tylenol today. Of course I keep thinking that I want to workout but I am not going to. Maybe by the weekend...

So James wont eat baby food but he likes tortilla chips. We had some chips and salsa last night before dinner and I put one up to his mouth to taste and he sucked on it. I put another one up towards his mouth and leaned forward and opened his mouth. He never does that with baby food! :rolleyes: He's a trip! He's sayin "Mom, I dont want this baby crap! Give me big boy food!" Oh and he played with cheerios on his tray and couldnt figure out why they kept sticking to his fingers and then he would bang his hand on the tray to get them off. He never put them in his mouth though. Weird kid....:D

Lisa- I am sorry that you are sick. This cold season has just gone on forever! We can whine together about not working out. ;) I might only start with Insanity four days a week and add in full body weight w/o or two.

Christine- Nice image of pampers in panties! LOL!

Priscila- I don't even remember the last movie we watched at home...we used to love renting movies and watching them at night but ever since James we don't. As soon as he's in bed, we are in bed. :D Happy Early Anniversary! Sometimes the low key ones are the most memorable!

Hi Mel! Hi Susan! Miss you! Waves to all!

Hi Ladies..miss you all!!!
Mom is here and we have been busy. Been working out though! Im doing a full body weights then 2 days of cardio..then weights..etc etc etc.

Be back when I can!

Hello. Been feeling weird lately. Just can't seem to feel "normal" lately. I am going to make an appt to meet with doctor to get checked out.

Decided to try to pick up a couple more shifts/month to help pay for life. It makes me sad that I will be away from my family longer....but in reality many people need to work 40hrs/week (or more) to make ends meet....and I don't get paid for drive time.

Had a heartwrenching chat with my Dad yesterday. I basically said, "goodbye" to him. Not sure if he'll still be around during our Father's Day visit and wanted 'closure'.

Myranda will see doctor June 4th for hemoglobin issue. DH feels that he can drive there/back on same day (5 hrs away). The boys will be in school. I'm looking to see if Jadon can hang out with someone for the day....otherwise we'll bring him with.

I decided with all that's going on that the 10 mile race is just too much on me and my body. I am going to try to do the 4 mile run. In reality I have been having trouble working out...and even finding joy in everyday things...which is so unlike me. Gotta get this thing figured out. :confused:

Anyhew, that's what's going on here on my end. Didn't want to leave ya'll hanging. I hope everything's going smoothly with ya'll ladies....i think of you often!

Melanie-just had to come say that I love ya and thinking about you! I hope you feel like yourself again soon. You are going through so much right now. Im so very sorry about your dad! Hang in there. Things will get better, promise! big HUGS!

Melanie- I appreciate you reaching out to us and letting us know what is going on in your life. I am truly sorry that you are finding yourself in this "funk" but with everything that is going on around you, its no wonder. Life is hard enough as is with work and family obligations and to throw in the financial situation on top of your father's health must be so difficult. ((HUGS!)) I think you will come through it all because you have such great insight into yourself and your feelings. I think its very smart of you to not push your body right now with the added stress going on and scale back on the workouts. If you are not feeling it, then you are just not feeling it and that is okay. We will still be your friend. :D Just try to deal with each issue seperately and not let them pile up on you. Maybe even write them down and then check off (like Myranda's dr appt) when its complete. I like to do that alot because I can get very overwhelmed quickly and to see things marked off makes me feel accomplished. Even on my day to day things. HTH! Love ya girl!

Melanie- I am so sorry that youy have so much going on right now. I think you have handled everything so beautifully. It is normal to feel abnormal if you have this much drama! I like Jen's comment about checking things off on a list, just so all this stuff that is flying around in your head, can get grounded. And even better, is listening to your body. It is an honor that you share such special things with us and that hopefully even though we can not help you in person, we can help you in thought. Or at least you can think about Jen and her Motrin. Just kidding!
Also, I want to let you all know how much I appreciate our group of friends. The OD groups are so mean. I do not understand why. This group on here is part of the happiest and strongest part of every day. I cannot imnagine why the others in the OD get so mean. WHat a waste of evnergy. Don't they know that smiling burns more calories than frowning?
Lisa- Get well! Three day weekend for you! Yay!!!!
Susan- Have fun with mom!
Priscilla- I hope you are ready to have a nice weekend. Is work better without the nasty employee?
John is a wreck lately. I swear he has three or four good days then a bunch of really bad ones. He screams a lot. And naps very little. Grrr. DH got home from work at 9:30 last night, and I threw him the screaming baby and went to bed. I feel so mean, but why does my kid scream so much?
The Inlaws coem tomorrow, so I need to clean the house adn stock the fridge. And somehow get the naps in here somewhere. John is headed to the hematologist tomorrow. HE bonked his head with a toy and has soem bruising that is making me a little concerned, so it is good we are headed there. I like the infusions there better than the ER. BBL!

I took the PostPartum Survey and answered "yes" to all but one of the questions (I don't ever feel like hurting my babies). I feel better knowing what's going on with my body. Postpartum depression is more likely with multiple births (twins) as well as with a hard pregnancy (like bedrest). I was at higher risk with this past pregnancy. I can and WILL get through this!

Thanks for all your support. Sorry I haven't been much support for ya'll lately. I'm so proud of us. We are what forums are SUPPOSED to be. I don't even want to go over to OD ....I feel comfy here. :)

Bambinos crying! Going to try some cereal with them and maybe some sweet potatoes.

Love ya'll ladies! :D

:p Christine! I hope everything is okay with John. Better to be safe than sorry! You are such a good mommy!

Mel, that's how friendship works. Dont even give it a second thought! Nobody has or is walking in your shoes and cannot even presume to know what you are going through. But just know that we are here whether you workout or not. ;)

Had leftover pizza for dinner. So yum but oh so bad! Back is on the mend...

Have a good night everyone!

Susan! So nice to see you :) Glad you're enjoying your visit with Mom. The move is coming soon, isn't it?! Haley must be getting out of school soon too (one of the advantages to living in the deep South, those early summer starts!).

Lisa, I hope you start to feel human again. Whatever you have seems to just keep coming back at you :(

Christine, I didn't realize your ILs were coming so soon after DH's trip to AZ. I hope John's appt tomorrow goes well. It's amazing what these little boys can do to themselves. Now that Drew is sitting up, he is constantly tipping himself over and whacking his head -- on the floor, on the coffee table, on the foot of a chair. Any Pixos today?

Jen, too funny about the Cheerios! I haven't tried those yet with Drew. With Ella, I had no worries. But Drew? He likes to just shove stuff in his mouth and I'm so scared he's going to inhale them and choke. How is the back today?

Melanie, post partum depression aside, you have so many very emotional situations in your life right now -- Jory's troubles, your dad's health, Myranda's hemoglobin levels, taking on more hours at work, 2 babies + 3 other kids. There is so much going on in your life. I'm glad you took the assessment test, though, so that you can have your hormones checked out and get that tweaked to help you. I think it's great that you are listening to your body's signals about how much exercise it can handle right now. Jen's idea of a written list is a great one; I'm a habitual list maker -- they bring sanity to my life. I have colored index cards all over the place, and I keep a notebook by my side of the bed -- I find I sleep better if I can download my brain into the written word. (((hugs)))

DH took today off, as he left this afternoon for a golf weekend with the guys. Before bed last night, I "suggested" that he be the one to wake up with Drew overnight if needed, since he will have 3 nights off. So he got up with him at 3:30 and also got up with D and Ella this morning. I got to sleep in until 9:15!! Woo hoo!!

Drew slept all of 20 minutes today. Grrrrr. Since he wouldn't nap, I forced him to stay up until 7:20 tonight -- now I'm hoping he doesn't wake up at 5 to start his/our day!

After I got him down, I popped in Shaun T -- Plyometric Circuit. Whew -- that felt awesome :)

I am so tired of carrying around these extra pounds, but I keep sabotaging myself. :( I don't know why I won't just buckle down and "get 'er done." I know *what* to do, I just don't do it. But I've hit my wall -- I'm tired of making excuses for myself, so I'm airing my dirty laundry to you ladies, putting it in black and white :) I have a closet full of shorts and capris and cute tops -- I don't need to buy new clothes, I just need to get to the goal of wearing them again (I can get into them, but I cannot wear them in public yet LOL).

So there -- I feel better already :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.