Brittany Spears

Thanks but there wasn't very much of it.

What I saw I think she looks fine, not too fat and not too thin. Not as tight with the abs and definitely meatier but I like it. I like women who look like real women, rather than looking too perfect. Her life doesn't revolve around performing anymore so she doesn't need to be high maintenance. She looks like a new mother should look. Can't say anything about the lip synching because I didn't see any of that, the clip was too short.

It is a pity that her career has fallen and Britney has fallen from grace. She is more a common law wife and mother than superstar - Britney is just ordinary now, but still so darn rich.

Yen

Wow, I just watched the full performance and that was just awful. I think she looks fine body wise - I mean geez', there are still a ton of people out there who would kill to look like that (minus the bad hair extensions). However, she needs a total style makeover. That getup she had on was really nasty. What got me though was how stiff and amateurish she looked. It was like a bad talent show routine. Where's the energy and the dance technique that she use to have??? I honestly think she was on something. She looked totally bewildered and confused the entire time. I feel so bad for her. She needs help. :(

>Thanks but there wasn't very much of it.
>
>What I saw I think she looks fine, not too fat and not too
>thin. Not as tight with the abs and definitely meatier but I
>like it. I like women who look like real women, rather than
>looking too perfect. Her life doesn't revolve around
>performing anymore so she doesn't need to be high maintenance.
>She looks like a new mother should look. Can't say anything
>about the lip synching because I didn't see any of that, the
>clip was too short.
>
>It is a pity that her career has fallen and Britney has fallen
>from grace. She is more a common law wife and mother than
>superstar - Britney is just ordinary now, but still so darn
>rich.
>
>Yen

I clicked on the link and that is not what I seen. I am not sure what happened. Try the MTV link, that worked. Sorry

This link is that i seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihH6TpxPcRI&NR=1

Wow, I am so surprised by her performance. I may not have really liked her but I liked watching her performances and this one was awful. It looks like everyone was really into it and like she just learned the moves that day or something. I don't know if it was just her nerves or what but not very good performing.

Now her body, I would take her body anyday. Yeah she doesn't look like she did before her babies but after having two babies and always partying and not taking care of herself, I think she looks pretty darn good.

I do feel kind of sorry for her though. I couldn't imagine growing up in the public eye and having to be a role model for thousands of young girls. Then after the breakup with her and Justin and thinking she was in love with K-Fed and it seemed he was just with her to jumpstart his career. Then the divorce and stuff, come on, all that would take a toll. I'm not saying what she is doing is right, but I couldn't even imagine the pressures she's had and having lots of people mooching off you all your life. Oh well, I hope she really finds herself and gets real help for herself as well as for the sake of the kids.

didn't see it last night so i used the mtv link. The performance was BORING! She is paid way too much for the effort put out last night. She even seemed a bit off balance at the begining like she was stoned as posted above. She needs to grow up. I feel sorry for the kids. it will be hard enough being children of stars without the drugs involved.

Thanks again. I saw the whole thing this time.

The body is fine fine fine. I like it actually, and good for her that she wasn't afraid to show it off in that skimpy bikini. I applaud her for that and wish that there are more women would be brave enough to show that kind of body, rather than sculpted and perfect. That is real and it is beautiful. I love it!!

The performance was very amateurish and reminds me of a stripper routine, that and the costume and hair. It looked cheap and unrehearsed. The song wasn't too bad though, it looks like Britney can still revive her career as she sings very well. I think maybe a more image rather than the slutty, tarty one would suit her more these days. It was not as bad as Whitney Houston's performance 2 years ago, now SHE looked like walking death and full of drugs!!

I must admit that I thought it was rather brave of her to make a come back.

Good for Britney for dumping the rigorous fitness and diet regime. Europeans definitely love a curvier body.

Yen

Lol, Lainie I totally agree! Everyone looked completely bewildered! I don't think they knew whether to clap or what!

I've never been a Britny fan (I think she is an example of style over substance, and has little real singing talent, too many weird vocal tics, and there's a lot done in the mixing room to make her voice sound better--I don't think she ever sings live. She certainly doesn't have the pipes of, say, Christina Aguilera), but I guess she usually puts on a good show.

Here, it looked like she was about to fall over several times, and was just (barely) going through the motions of the choreography, not putting in much of an effort. Like one of the rejects from American Idol.

She also looked rather sad in the close-ups.

I hope she's getting whatever help she needs, because she seems like she's about to implode.

I feel bad for her. Apparently she had an act together with Chris Angel though which got scrapped at the last minute so that's probably why she didn't seem like she really knew the routine. My guess is that those dancers already had that together and she was supposed to be involved in a completely different way. She would have been better off cancelling but then people would have probably talked about that too. I have to admit I said a prayer for her after I saw the performance. She just seems lost.

>I feel bad for her. Apparently she had an act together with
>Chris Angel though which got scrapped at the last minute so
>that's probably why she didn't seem like she really knew the
>routine. My guess is that those dancers already had that
>together and she was supposed to be involved in a completely
>different way. She would have been better off cancelling but
>then people would have probably talked about that too. I have
>to admit I said a prayer for her after I saw the performance.
>She just seems lost.

that was my reaction when I saw a clip this morning. it reminded me of Anna Nicole Smith's downward spiral. Everyone complaining about it, making jokes etc. then, when she died, it was such a tragedy and shock. what do we expect?

it's a weird thing: people want to be famous, then don't want the attention. they behave badly, are stalked by the media, and even if we don't care about them, it's hard to not be curious when they're on every single medium: print, internet, TV etc.

Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie . . . none of these women have spectacular talent but they've been indulged from a young age and have every reason to believe they can do whatever they want. They're just happy we're talking about them!

I hope she can climb out the mess she's made of her life and be a good parent to those little boys.

>it's a weird thing: people want to be famous, then don't want
>the attention.
>
>That's funny...I feel the same way. I can't stand when these young, famous people say "I just want to live a normal life." I always think, well..then you can't be a celebrity. Every choice in life comes with a price and if you choose a career that puts you in the public eye in a big way(ie., actor, singer, etc.) then you can't expect to have a 'normal life.' You don't get to have it both ways.

I'm not saying that the papparazzi doesn't go too far at times but you can't be Lindsey Lohan and just expect to go out and do your grocery shopping like Jane Doe.

You know, i think that Britney is going to have to first - get well, then decide what's important to her for her career and make some choices for herself, and if she does decide to stay in "the business" she's got some ground to make up. BUT, I think that her behavior is a public cry for help.

Let's face it, people don't shave their heads, and walk around wearing shirts for dresses (did you guys see that one? The one with her in boots with just a shirt on and her arse hanging out for the world to see? I could NOT believe it) and indulging in the party scene like she does if they don't have issues they're having trouble handling.

I figure some of her issues in her performance were nerves though- she's undoubtedly seen her mug on the magazines and read the headlines, etc lately, so she knew they'd all be out waiting on her to critique her performance...plus, whoever thought up her wardrobe for that performance should be shot, so she may not have someone covering her back (or backside for that matter -ha).

The flip side though is - I've had one kid and I don't look as good in the stomach area as she does...I'm thin but I have loose skin on the lower abs that just paunches out if I'm wearing a mid-rise anything...so kudos for her for having the guts to get up there and try because I'd be horrified!

I guess the bottom line is, if you kick someone enough when they're down, they won't get back up! The media should just leave her alone. All we know is what the tabloids tell us - and its not wise to let those rags form our opinions for us.

I am not going to comment on her figure. She's definitely not fat and a lot of people would love to look like she did last night (as far as her weight). But...she must have some really terrible stylists because that outfit was terrible. It did nothing for her and actually took away from her and her hair extensions looked ratty. Maybe she didn't know the routine very well. I think a previous poster said it was changed at the last minute, but that's no excuse for looking so terrible.

She did seem a bit out of it. Also, while it was no surprise that she was lip-synching, there were some parts where it didn't even look like she was making an effort to match the song and her mouth movements!

It was really uncomfortable to watch. Even the audience looked uncomfortable watching her. I just thought it was really sad. THis was her chance to redeem herself and she didn't.

I know that look and have seen that girl before... I would be shocked if she was sober - that is the girl at the end of the night at the bar that is too "out of it" to move properly. She tripped up several times if you watch her movements and I bet in rehersals was supposed to dance a whole lot more.

It is just so sad - she dumped her management, her parents and lots of friends. She just seems so lost and I certainly hope for her kids' sake doesnt end up on the Anna Nicole route. And if she didnt want the pap's to follow her - she wouldn't go out to the places she does. There are "known" places where you will always get photographed - and she always shows up to those places.

I feel bad for her too. She's just a child who never really had a childhood. I'd imagine (& don't know for sure) that she never had anyone close to her care about her for who she is, but only for the size of her bank account.

If there's no one in her life to help her get help, she will end up like Anna Nicole, except a younger, less savvy Anna Nicole.

I agree, she definitely is along way from overweight and looks pretty good (definitely a bad outfit choice). However, when I watch a performance from a pop star, I expect to see them in tip-top shape. This is because their job is too perform and to look there best while doing it. Her performance was just awful (not in great shape, bad hair extensions, off on choreography, no enthusiasm, etc.)

It is especially bad when you have something to compare the performance to. The old Britney Spears was terrific to watch. She had one of the best bodies I have ever seen and she was a terrific dancer. Her singing, atrocious, but that is not why I watched her perform (I often put the tv on mute and I don't think I am the only one:p). I appreciated all of the hard work she put into her performances.

It is hard to not feel embarrassed for her after her latest performance.

I have to add to a comment another poster said about Sarah Silverman's comments about Britney. I thought it was EXTREMELY distasteful to totally trash an opening act of a show. It didn't seem like the audience was impressed one bit by what she was saying. I heard on the radio that there's a theory that Britney heard about what Silverman was going to say about her just before she went on stage. Who knows if this is true or not but I'm surprised that the producers of the show, or whoever knew of Sarah's material, allowed that bashing after having an opening act that they knew would draw a decent size audience. I felt bad for Britney for what was said. I think Sarah bombed on the rest of her monologue also. I didn't mind watching her in the past but I never will again. HUGE thumbs down to her! x(

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.