Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Here's what I've done since last time:

Last Fri-rest!
Sat-intervals on the treadmill
Sun-Gym Style Bi's & Tri's and Power Strength Extreme from 21DFX (great bodyweight workout)
Mon-GS Shoulders, Pilates Fix Extreme and 10 Minute Hardcore from 21DFX
Tues-GS Legs, Timesaver premix #1, and Lower Fix Extreme from 21DFX (legs were on fire!)
Wed-GS Chest (still did all those pushups on my toes!!:eek::eek::D) and Cardio Fix Extreme from 21DFX (this was tough on the legs after Tuesday's workouts)
Thurs-GS Back and Yoga Fix Extreme from 21DFX (a great stretch to end a tough workout week)
Today-rest again!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to put together the Fit Tower and play with it. I'll let you know what I think!

Dawn-good to hear from you! Congrats on the certification!!

Hey there Jodi!!!! Sounds like a great week of workouts!

Today I did another one of my Jillfit 20x20 challenge workouts. Lower body consisted of 3 rounds of 3 exercises, db squats, db step ups and then box jumps. A minute of jump squats, then moved on to upper body, 3 rounds of three exercises, TRX pull ups, DB rows, Tricep pushups, wide pushups. Then finishing with 2 minutes of alternating bouts of squat jumps and switch jumps! It was a good workout.

Tomorrow I do a kickboxing class at ilovekickboxing.com.. they are a franchise gym, I've heard of them before, but never tried them and one just opened 5 mins from my home. I'm hoping to also talk with them about nutrition and see if we can't team up in some way to do nutrition talks :) Hope so, that would be fun!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey all. Yesterday was chest and tris, 9 sets of flat bench, 3 sets of inclined bench, 3 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of tri pushdowns and 2 sets of pushups. I finished with 1x40 cable crunches. Today was back and bi, 8 sets of chin ups, 3 sets of pullovers, 3 sets of dumbbell curls, hammer curls and conc curls and 1 set of 21s and a long, light set of dumbbell curls to finish bis off! I did a short plank routine, but it was real minimal cause I was pooped! Dawn, good to hear from you again..hope the joint venture with the gym works out well! Hope the weekend is good to everyone!

Tom, Jodi, Dawn - Nice workouts, keep it up!
Jodi - tell us please, please what's your opinion about the advanced and intermediate Fittower DVDs?
The preview looked great, Cathe shines! Only I can't swallow the 24.95 USD price of 1 DVD and the fact this seller doesn't even ship to Europe.

Here is my check-in:
Sunday - KCM Athletic Conditioning 1 and part of Kathy Smith's Aerobox.
Monday - KCM Cardio Quick Fix and Lean Body Circuits (cardio);abs from KCM's Home Gym Intervals; Xtrain 100 rep challenges
Tuesday - Great Glutes; doubles KCM Your Best Body leg premix
Wednesday - RWH Circuit Upper Body
Thursday - ICE Low Impact w/o #2; KCM Body Training w/o 1 Legs
Yesterday - Paul Katami Kettlebell Kombos; Jari Love Revved To The Max (1st half)
Today - Xtrain Low Impact Hiit.

Greetings to all!

Today I set up the Fit Tower (easy) and also did the Intermediate and Advanced DVDs (also easy, haha!). I also played with it a bit, trying some modified pull-ups and chin-ups. The tower itself is really nice, very sturdy. Svetlana, I would say save your money on the DVDs. All three are just over 30 minutes each so each exercise is not done for very long. Now, they are chaptered so I'm thinking in the future if I repeated each section of the advanced DVD, it might be a decent 60 minute workout, but still not a true advanced Cathe workout. I look forward to seeing what she comes up with in the future for the tower!

Today I planned to combine legs and shoulders, but a sore right shoulder from Thurs only allowed shrugs for some trap work. I only had dumbbells, I am visiting my son in St louis, so I did 5 sets of db squats, 3 sets of reverse lunges, 3 sets straight leg deadliest and 5 sets single leg calf raises, For shoulders just 5 sets of shrugs, and finished with 4x25 stability ball crunches. Svetlana, sounds like a lot of work got done last week..great work! Jodi, have fun with the tower, you will be cranking out pull ups in droves! Have a great rest of the weekend.

Hey guys and gals!!!!!

Saturday I did a kickbox workout at Ilovekickboxing.com, they are actually a fanchise gym, it was fun, I've done bag work before, but it's been a while, was worried about the impact for my neck. I did have to slow down and not punch as hard as I started to get a mild headache, but it went away and I felt fine the rest of the day, so yay, will do it again!! I actually had sore lats yesterday from all the punching..

Today I did a lunge and lower body workout at home, part of my #20x20challenge with Jill Coleman, I will be done with that challenge the end of this month, so I will be ready to start something new! I wish Cathe's new workouts were out by then...

Have a great Monday!!!!

Hey all, yesterday was chest and tris and today was back and bis. Yesterday was 11 sets bench, 3 sets inclined bench, 3 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of tri pushdowns and 2 sets of pushups, Today was 4 sets of chin ups, 3 sets of pullovers, 3 sets of lat pulldowns, 3 sets of dumbbell curls, 3 sets hammer curls and 3 sets of conc curls and finished with 1 set ez bar curls, Have a good one everybody!

Hello everyone!

On Sunday I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's and ABC Extreme from 21 Day Fix Extreme.

On Monday I did BS Shoulders and Dirty 30 Extreme from 21DFX.

I just love Burn Sets! Such a great tool for judging strength gains. The last time I did the workouts was back in February. I'm happy to report that so far I have been able to up my weights slightly for every exercise. Woohoo!

Here's what I've done since last time:

Tues - the Barre bonus and Floor Work section from XTrain Legs and Plyo Fix Extreme (legs fried!)

Wed - BS Chest (DB presses with 35 lb DBs...woohoo!!!!!) and Upper Fix Extreme

Thurs - BS Back and The Fix Challenge (again, such a tough workout!)

today - rest!

Everyone enjoy the weekend...it will be a long one for me with the holiday on Monday!

Happy Friday everyone. Yesterday was chest and tri, 9 sets flat bench, 3 sets inclined, 3 sets pushdowns, 3 sets skullcrushers, and 2 ( short) sets pushups and 1x30 cable crunches. Today was back and no. Chinups, x10 x10 x8, pullover 3x8, lat pulldowns 3x10, 1 arm cable pulls 1x8 to finish last. Dumbbell curls 3x8, hammer curls 3x8, concentration curls 3x8 and 1x8 ez bar curls. Here's hoping for a safe, fun Labor day weekend for our American lifters and a great weekend for our European sisters!

Hello friends,

Quote: I set up the Fit Tower (easy) and also did the Intermediate and Advanced DVDs (also easy, haha!)
Jodi, I love your humor! And now I'm feeling better I won't be getting these. Can you give me a reason not to feel bad that I can't afford Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Amped Up Cardio, Strength & Stamina & Cathe's IDEA bootcamp & Jari Love's Ripped in 6 :)
Nathalie - hope your shoulder is recovering well.
Tom, I'm following your check in and I think it's time for a leg day ;)

Here are my workouts since the last check in:
Sunday: Imax 2 and 2 abs segments from Cathe's Ab Hits
Monday: KCM Cardio blast (step w/0) & the dumbbell premix from Jari Love's Ripped Hardcore (tough!)
Tuesday: KCM Cardio Pump (cardio w/o) & the ball / floor segments from Cathe's Butts & Guts, Legs & Glutes and Pyramid Lower Body
Wednesday: Cathe X10 cardio only; doubles: ICE Metabolic Total Body
Thursday: Kari Anderson Push (step w/0 ) and the second half of Go. Doubles - Reach.
Kari Anderson's Go, Reach and Push workouts are the "only" ones I have by Kari ;) I enjoyed them immensely, especially Reach. It made me feel so centered, stretched and gracious, and beautiful. This is not advanced workout, but it is a workout which makes me smile and enjoy. Kari's cuing and music are great too.
Then I decided I need more like Reach.. I checked the price for Kari's Center Floor DVD. Guess what? Price from Amazon : 5 USD, shipping to Bulgaria - 24 USD (!?!). Price from Amazon UK - 20 GBP including shipping.
So pals, are you feeling lucky now that you live in the United States :)
Yesterday : Kathy Smith: Body Breakthrough (? not sure the full name but has "breakthrough in it :)) This is one of Kathy's more advanced step circuits. Nice outdoor background, but the music is boooring. The DVD went back to the pile. Doubles: the loop and slide disc segments from Flex Train, Xtrain Legs, High Reps and STS Total Body.
Today: was supposed to be upper body strength day with Cathe's 4 Day Split but I dreaded even the thought of a pushup. So I did part Susan Chung's Rapid Fire.

Enjoy your weekend and a Monday off!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Iam just popping in to let you know that Iam resuming my training from Tuesday.

I have moved in a bigger space, a house and my workout room will be operational as from Tuesday.
Well I hope.

Reading now all your posts to catch up:);)

Is anyone interested in this below?

http://www.riptensity.com/riptensity/index

Nathalie, I hope we'll get to see pictures of your new workout room!

I've never heard of Riptensity, but you have peaked my interest now! At $70 for the basic kit, though, I need to find some reviews first. Sounds like something Jen might like...maybe we'll get lucky and she will review it.

Svetlana, all those other workouts you mentioned are tempting to me also, but I don't want to commit those funds either. So don't feel bad, I'm right there with you! :) Those are some crazy shipping prices! Have you checked on Mary's site for a possible cheaper download?

Guess I'll check in while I'm here...

Saturday I did Turbo Barre, everything but the first section of upper body work, using the Fit Tower. I'm trying to use the tower to justify my purchase until Cathe comes out with more workouts using it. :rolleyes:;)

Today I did the biceps and triceps segments from RWH (I've missed doing these workouts!) and also Power Strength Extreme and 10 Minute Hardcore from 21DFX.

This is going to be a deload week I guess. Yesterday I couldn't really bench due to a sore shoulder so I decided to take a deload week. I did a few really light sets of bench and gave it up, pushups didn't work either so I did a few sets if tri stuff and core work, and rode the airdyne 15 minutes. Today was back and bi, 2 sets of chin ups,2 sets of pullovers, 2 sets of lat pulldowns , 2 sets of dumbbell curls, 2 sets hammer curls, 2 sets conc curls. I lightened the weight and did 2 sets instead of 3. I finished with some crunches. Hope everyone is well!

Here's what I did for the rest of the week:

Mon - both Shoulder segments from RWH and Pilates Fix Extreme from 21DFX. Love all that shoulder work.

Tues - Premix #1 from RWH Legs (no blasts) and Lower Fix Extreme from 21DFX. This was a tough combo!

Wed - the Chest segment from RWH and Cardio Fix Extreme from 21DFX. This Chest work has not gotten any easier!

Thurs - the Back segment from RWH and Yoga Fix Extreme from 21DFX. Really enjoy the great stretch from this yoga workout.

today - rest!

Tom, I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Sounds like you're still getting in some great work though!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Hello friends!

Nathalie - I'm sure you are super happy to get back to working out! Report here when you can :)
Tom - I've been de-loading too lately and I must say I truly enjoy it. My deload has been longer than a week. I will return to hardcore training whenever I feel like it;)
Jodi - I see you are on RWH kick, you are not deloading :) My favorite from RWH is LIHI Legs. But my most used segment is the rear delt segment from CSB, after doing it I see improvement in my narrow shoulders.

I itch to try a new Cathe workout (download) . Friends, please help me choose:)
1st question: Do your knees hurt after doing RWH Plyo Hiit? I find RWH Circuit Lower Body is too high impact for me. The other RWH workouts I can do just fine.
2nd question: Between ICE Bootcamp, Plyo Hiit and ICE Upper Body which has the most fun factor and the best music?

And here is my check in:
Sunday: Xtrain Hard Strikes; the back segment from KCM's Your Best Body & Muscle Definition
Monday: Party Rocking Step 2; KCM Body Training ( leg w/0)
Tuesday: all blast segments from ICE. (Loved this combo!!); doubles - Paul Katami Kettlebell Kombos
Wednesday: KCM Kickboxing; the barre segment from Lower Body Blast & the leg conditioning from Cathe's Kick Max. This seemingly easy combo gave me leg DOMS yay! + ICE Core2
Thursday: part of Cathe's Intensity, KCM Trim Down (boxing); KCM Slim Sculpting (upper body premix).
Yesterday: Turbo Fire Hiit 15, Hiit 20, Turbofire 45 & Stretch 10. Great fun! + RWH Core2
Today: The metabolic workouts from KCM Athletic Conditioning 2 & L.I.F.T. The Firm's Tight Buns, Killer Legs

Take care everybody!

Hey Svetlana! Personally, my knees don't hurt after RWH Plyo HiiT, however it is very high impact, especially workout #1. Workout #2 uses the step so it's not quite as much impact, but there is still a lot of jumping on and off the step. I will confess that there is a dread factor for me with #1. It is very tough and the pace is fast. I love #2 with the step, but again there is a lot of jumping.

Of your three choices (all so different!), I'd say ICE Bootcamp is the most fun because of the variety. It's not as hard as some of her other bootcamp workouts, but you can always up the weights or raise the step height to make it more challenging. The music is similar to other ICE workouts and seems to work well with Bootcamp too. I'd say Bootcamp would be more versatile because of all the premixes...you can use it for just the upper body, lower body, abs, cardio, etc. You won't get that with the other two choices. Oh, and you'll also get the Muscle Meltdown for Biceps which is one of my favorites!

Sat - I played with the Fit Tower again. I used the Advanced DVD and repeated each chapter to make it a decent, 60-minute workout. I also did several sets of modified pull-ups and chin-ups.

Sun - I started my last week of my 21DFX rotation. I did the Muscle Meltdowns for Biceps and Triceps from ICE and ABC Extreme from 21DFX.

Here's what I did for the rest of the week:

Mon - MM Shoulders and Dirty 30 Extreme

Tues - Just the weighted exercises from Chiseled Lower Body Blast and Plyo Fix Extreme

Wed - MM Chest and Upper Fix Extreme

Thurs - MM Back and The Fix Challenge

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi all! This week started better, got quite a bit of bench, pull ups even leg day was good for me, but Thursday hit a snag, shoulder didn't want anything to do with presses or raises so I did some heavy kettlebell shrugs and some cable crunches. Kinda hacked about it, but getting smarter and didn't force the issue! We are visiting my youngest son and family in FL. I watched him bench 315 x 9, don't think I'm gonna be trying that anytime soon! Jodi, great w/os, Svetlana, loved the line, "I will return to hardcore lifting whenever I feel like it"!! That's what it's all about!! Have a great weekend Ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.