Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

I got in a great " chest fry" today. I did 12 sets of flat bench, 5 sets of incline bench, and finished with 3x20 pushups. Hurts so GOOD !!! I did a little airdyne before and after for a some cardio. Hope everyone is well!

I feel like I've been away from this forum forever!! Miss you guys and hearing about your daily workouts. I've been working very hard at putting together my class for 6/2 and I'm pretty close to being done, then I need to study for Exam level 2.. I really wanted to be done with all three by 6/1, but not sure that will happen..

Been exhausted lately, I think I'm fighting a virus..

Today I did part of Lower Body Blast, I love that one!! Then some walking and stretches.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Had a "shoulder marathon" today as punishment for skipping leg day yesterday. I did 25 sets, 12 strict press, 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x12 dumbbell front raise, 1x9 dumbbell press and 3x30 barbell shrugs, I did 3x20 cable crunches for ab work and rode 1 mile prior and after the w/o. Dawn, hope you feel better, good luck on level 2 exam! Hope today is good for everyone!

This was a tough week for me. Only worked out one day which was STS M1 legs. Roof estimates for the leak- why do contractors schedule and then don't show???? Estimates for the tree- again why do they schedule an appt and then not show. Estimate for my car and extremely busy at work. Not complaining, just venting. Anyway, I may just start Mesocycle 2 next week and just count this as a rest week, even though it wasn't restful. Finger is still literally black and blue but not longer sore. Tslop I noticed from Mesocycle 1 development in my triceps and my legs seem a bit slimmer. Very surprised to see tricep development. Looking forward to lifting heavier in the next cycle. Have a great weekend everyone.

Bi and tri day. I went "light and long", doing sets in the 10-20 rep range. I did superset tri sets, dropped weight to avoid aggravating the elbows and increased the rep range to compensate. Healing 11, I think you will like 2 and 3, basically just lifting, but, like you, I was shocked at the changes I saw with 1...didn't expect it! With 2 and 3, my strength really shot up and I had to adjust my 1rm's (no complaints here!) Hope next week is a better one!!

Make up leg day here since I skipped Wed. I did 6 sets of squats(bench squats except the last set), 6 sets of deadlifts and did pull a 10# pr, 2 sets of dumbbell reverse lunges and 2 sets of barbell calf raises. Have a great weekend everyone!

Good Afternoon Ladies! I did a little bit of different stuff this morning. Started with 3 miles on the bike, 100 crunches, military press x3, dumbbell curls x 15, side planks by 90 sec, and cable crunches x20. Hope it is a great Sunday for everyone!

Well, it is Monday again...as if ya'll didn't know! Got in 14 sets of flat bench and 6 sets of incline with 1 set of pushups as a finisher. I did a mile before and after on the airdyne and called it cardio!! Have a great week all!

Hi Everyone,

I am on meso 3 and I am loving it.

Monday: Imax 2
Tuesday: ICE RSK main program including warm+ STS#28 chest and Back. Then I did RwH Upper body cool down and stretch --- My favourite upper body stretch.

I had a great day . I need to write down what I ate today cause I had a great energy.

Two more weeks and I am done with this STS round. I will take a break and resume the Bodybuilding cycle.

Got myself these babies:p:p:p. Please do not let fiance know I bought these;):)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Here is the breakdown of what I did

4 round as follows:

• Flat bench and Barbell Rows 4 sets and 2 warm up sets of flat bench
  • Chest fly and one arm Row.
  • Incline Bench press and Deadlift.
  • One arm Row and incline chest fly.
I have lifted more than my last record and I am very happy with my performance. I wish Jen was still checking in
so I could compare my load to hers. If you read this Jen, I miss you here;)

Dawn: Metabolic Total body is the ICE Segment I like the most. I love one of the song played:)

Tom: How are doing with your gain weight goal?

Hope you are all having a good week so far. I am catching up reading checkin post now.

Last edited:
Thanks Nathalie!! I am excited to know more as well, I just wish I could plug in and have it all downloaded.. haha! I have also decided that I will take Precision nutrition course next year to compliment this Cert. I only will do level 1 of that one though. I have a friend who did both and said they are so beneficial. Working my tail off to get out of my full time accounting job. I would love to own my own gym and have nutrition classes etc. I also would love to have special weight training class for seniors. Not that I would teach, but one that would be held in my gym. I have so many dreams, I just wish I would have started long ago.. at 52 now, I feel a little rushed to get there!! haha!

On another note, I mostly workout at home downstairs and I remember when I first moved in with my boyfriend, I used to stop my dvd's if he came downstairs because I didn't want him watching me workout or see what I was doing.... now I don't care, he'll come down and ask me if I'm doing jazzercise again.. he's such a turd..

All this above is really exciting Dawn. It is not too late to start Dawn. Age is just a number!
Providing strength classes for senior would put you on a niche segment of the market:);)

Shoulders done...miserable strength wise, but done. Today I did 24 sets, 9 strictpress, 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x10 alternate front raise, and dumbbell shrugs, x40 x30 x20. I did 1x20 cable crunches and biked 1 mile before and after the w/o. I heard the discussion on tri doms, and I really had a sore couple of days of them from, of all things, dumbbell pullovers! I did these Tues for lats and it really left my tris sore (not sure real effective for lats?) I hadn't really done these in awhile, but I think the stretching of the triceps was the issue rather than contraction! May include on arm day! Have a great one Ladies!

Friday was an arm day and I did 4 supersetted trisets for bis and tris, 24 sets in all. nothing spectacular but work done! Today was the dreaded leg day which, for the second week in a row, I postponed from Wed. I did 6 sets of bench squats, 2 sets of dumbbell reverse lunges, 2 sets of barbell calf raises, 1 set of single, unweighted calf raises. 2 sets of straight leg deadlifts and 1 set of unweighted 1 leg hip thrusts.Hope to get back to legs on Wed so I can use Sat as a core day, Nathalie, My weight is up 20+ pounds since November. In fact, my previous checkup in Dec., I weighed 162# (about 74 kilos), and my last check up April 28, I weighed 187 (85 kilos). Most of the participants on these forums aren't looking to gain weight, but I was, so I am tickled with the 25# increase!! Thanks for asking!

Greetings everyone,

STS Meso 2, Week 1

Day 1 Back and Biceps
Day 3 Chest (ran out of time)
Day 4 Shoulders and Triceps
Day 5 ICE Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast
Day 6 Legs

I totally underestimated my time and could only complete chest on day 3. However, day 4 I was sore and I loved it. I was sore the next day from the legs workout as well. I like the chest, shoulders, triceps workout so much better in this meso. I think less equipment and completing one body part before moving on to the next works best for me. Now I think about it, I think thats why I grew tired of Xtrain Chest dvd and would go to the Burn Sets more frequently. Hmmm I think I just figured something out. Anyway I like the straight weight lifting. i hope that the price for the fit tower is reasonable. I would really like to have that to do pull ups and barbell weight work. Next week I hope to get in 2 days of cardio. Have a great week everyone.

I was able to slip in a core day today. I rode the bike 2 miles, and did 3 100 rep challenges..crunches, seated knee ins, and cable crunches. I also added 3 sets of side planks x 90 sec x 60 sec and x 45 sec. Have a great start to the week all!

Today I started a deload week with chest. I did 5 working (sort of) sets of bench, 3 sets of inclined bench, and 1 set of pushups. I went light and short on all the sets. I really think I needed this because I was getting a little beat down and the last couple of weeks I had postponed leg day to Sat I think because I was tired. Water in the basement one of those days gave me an excuse, but I needed a rest so this week should help! Have a great week Ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.