Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Good Morning Ladies! Nathalie, the elbows are steadily improving, but still gotta "pick my battles" and not any heavy bi work or pull ups yet, but getting there! Thanks for asking! Take it easy on the fiancé on arm day, don't want any humiliation this early in the go!!! I got in shoulder day this morning, doing 10 sets of strictpress (actually 1 set was push press), 3x10 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x10 front raise(dumbbell also),1x40 dumbbell shrugs. I finished with cable crunches, x25 x25 x20 and a short stationary bike session. Have a great Wed ladies!

Take it easy on the fiancé on arm day, don't want any humiliation this early in the go!!!

Hello Tom, I will take your advice on board:p. Truth is he can lift much more and get stronger than me.
He used to lift when he was in his twenties and now he thinks his time has gone. I am working on persuading
him to get back. His flexibility, balance and form need improving a lot:eek::eek: starting from squat.
Taking it easy on him I promise;)

Dawn: What class do you teach?

Here is my check in:

Tuesday: Low impact challenge.
Today/wed: cycle max 79 minutes.

Got in the first decent arm day in a long time! Bumped the weights up and did supersets, curls/ skullcrushers, 3x10 and 3x12, upped each 5# and did 3x8, and 3x10, conc curls/ tri crossbodys exts, 3x8 and 3x8, and 21s/ close grip pushups x25. I added some crunches and side planks to add a little ab work. I weighed in at my rheumatology check up, and I am up 24# since my last check up!! I know this is contrarian to most of the thinking on these forums, but I needed those 24#!!! May have to start a little cardio however...woe is me!!!

Nathalie, I get where you're coming from about working out in front of someone when you normally work out solo. I still don't like my hubby watching me! And I'm the opposite of Tom...show that fiancé who's the boss! LOL!! So, any wedding date set yet??

Tom, congrats on the weight gain...I think? Did the doctor suggest cardio or are you just worried the pounds are not all muscle?

Here's my check-in:

Wed - Pure Barre's Resistance Series, the #2 DVD. This one was harder than the first one. Yikes!
Thurs - Linda Wooldridge's Barre Ball Blast. This one uses a stability ball for every exercise...yet another workout to remind me of my terrible balance! If you choose to do the whole DVD, it comes in at almost 2 hours. :eek::eek: I skipped 2 of the sections to get it down to about 80 minutes of torture.
Today - rest day

On Sunday, I plan to start Hammer & Chisel with 22 Minute Hard Corp mixed in. I've previewed some of the H&C workouts and they definitely look interesting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Greetings All.

I completed Week 2 of STS and I did 3 days of walking for cardio. The weather was nice, so I couldn't resist an early morning walk.
Now it's cold and rainy so I will probably do cardio indoors this week. That's one of the things I really like about STS, choosing my own
cardio.

2nd week of STS completed and I feel stronger and more confident already. I'm also noticing that I'm standing taller. I guess Cathe's
instructing that certain exercises are great for postural alignment is in my head :))) I was tired last week. I still feel more fatigued than sore in my body.

My hubby watches me workout. It used to bother me but not anymore. I welcome him into my woman cave. He acts as if he knows Cathe personally which is hilarious. Have a great workout week.

Today was chest day for me and it went pretty well, 14 sets of flat bench, 3 sets incline, 1 set of pushups to finish off the damage, and rode the airdyne 2 miles ( 1 before and 1 after the w/o) I also did 2 sets of seated knee ins. Yesterday was a core day, ab work and had planned some deadlifts, but abandonned those, not in the cards! Congrats on week 2 healing 11! Meso 1 is miserable, but sounds like you are thriving! Have a great start ladies!

Hello Tom, I will take your advice on board:p. Truth is he can lift much more and get stronger than me.
He used to lift when he was in his twenties and now he thinks his time has gone. I am working on persuading
him to get back. His flexibility, balance and form need improving a lot:eek::eek: starting from squat.
Taking it easy on him I promise;)

Dawn: What class do you teach?

Hey Nathalie, well, I haven't started yet, but 6/2 will be my first lunch and learn at a local business, It's titled "Mastering your own metabolism, What do hormones have to do with it?" it will be pretty basic as I don't want to lose people in the process and set if up for questions I'm not ready for haha!! The outline includes hormones vs calories, what are the main hormones involved in metabolism and what do they do, hormone resistance and why is it bad, HEC - hunger energy, cravingd and balancing blood sugar, intro to carbs/protein/fat, reading labels, tips for handling hunger, energy and cravings through food, touching on the importance of exercise. I have my work cut out for me! eeeek... sometimes I think. what have I done???? then I think "you can do it"!!! I have to keep thinking the latter!

Hi all!

Dawn, you CAN do it!! Always believe that!!

Healing11, good to hear you are enjoying STS.

Tom, awesome chest work!

Here's my check-in:

Sun - my first day of H&C and 22MHC. Started with Chiseled Balance and Cardio 1. Both great workouts. Chiseled Balance was tough since my balance is not the best. Nathalie, I think you are a fan of sit & stands, right? Well, imagine doing them while balancing on one foot the whole time. Yikes! I really liked Autumn's style...encouraging, and she had great form pointers. The toughest thing about Cardio 1 is all the burpees. So many burpees. So many.

Mon - today was Hammer Plyometrics and Core 1. Meh, nothing special here. In HP, Sagi is a bit annoying and some of the exercises were combo moves and awkward. Example...alternate a burpee with a pull up. For someone like me who is doing the pull ups with a door pull & band, you can only get a few reps in of each move because you're wasting time with grabbing the band and setting up for the pull up. In the future, I will probably just do one or the other move to get more out of it. Core 1...you would think for a program with 22-Minute in the title, all the workouts would be 22 minutes. Nope. This one was less than 10 minutes and not that challenging.

Jodi, I had to quit Body Beast because Sagi irritated the I heck out of me, so I understand! Today was back day and I added 3 sets of strict press. Heavy pulldowns 6x10, dropped 20# and 1x20. 3 sets of strict press,2x10 and 1x5. 6 sets of deadlifts to finish things off. I rode the airdyne 1 mile before and after the w/o, my attempt at cardio! Have a great day ladies!

Tuesday: Low impact challenge.
Today/wed: cycle max 79 minutes.

Since my last check in I did PRS#1, Kick max, Low impact sweat, ICE Chiselled upper body.

Nathalie, I get where you're coming from about working out in front of someone when you normally work out solo. I still don't like my hubby watching me! And I'm the opposite of Tom...show that fiancé who's the boss! LOL!! So, any wedding date set yet??

Jodi the date is not set yet, I promise I won't keep you in the Dark;);)
Oh, I showed my fiance who is the boss, that is why he want to know more about my routine. I did few push up on
the toes;);). Plie squat picking up a 17kg, slightly below parallel to the floor.

My hubby watches me workout. It used to bother me but not anymore. I welcome him into my woman cave. He acts as if he knows Cathe personally which is hilarious. Have a great workout week.

;);)Thanks @healing11 Hopefully I will get used to it:)

Hey Nathalie, well, I haven't started yet, but 6/2 will be my first lunch and learn at a local business, It's titled "Mastering your own metabolism, What do hormones have to do with it?" it will be pretty basic as I don't want to lose people in the process and set if up for questions I'm not ready for haha!! The outline includes hormones vs calories, what are the main hormones involved in metabolism and what do they do, hormone resistance and why is it bad, HEC - hunger energy, cravingd and balancing blood sugar, intro to carbs/protein/fat, reading labels, tips for handling hunger, energy and cravings through food, touching on the importance of exercise. I have my work cut out for me! eeeek... sometimes I think. what have I done???? then I think "you can do it"!!! I have to keep thinking the latter!

@dawn9222 I am excited for you. Honestly you are setting yourself to help people getting to bottom of what it truly is
to get healthy and fit. Not as a quick fix, as a long term commitment ---Life change. You will be doing a better job than program such as biggest losers. Well that is my opinion.

Tom: As I posted above, I have done few push up in front of my fiance. I think this is not enough to hurt his ego, I hope I haven't:p
:p:)

Will check this week tomorrow.

Hope you are having a good week

Last edited:
Sun - my first day of H&C and 22MHC. Started with Chiseled Balance and Cardio 1. Both great workouts. Chiseled Balance was tough since my balance is not the best. Nathalie, I think you are a fan of sit & stands, right? Well, imagine doing them while balancing on one foot the whole time. Yikes!

That is on meso 1 STS --- Yes it is hard. I am looking forward to your review on both Hammer and chisel and 22 MHC.

Here is this week check in:

Monday: STS#25 Back and chest + premix#2 RSK ICE no meltdown
Tues: Tabatacise+ STS plyo#26
Wed: KPC

Hope you are having a good mid-week. Holiday for us here central europe tomorrow.

Kind Regards,;):)[/QUOTE]

Did the dreaded leg day today. 3 sets of Zercher squats, 6 sets of bench squats, 3 sets of barbell calf raises, 3 sets of dumbbell reverse lunges. 1x16 goblet squats,1 set of donkey presses, and 1 set of single leg hip thrust ( no weight). I did some light bike work before and after. Have a great one ladies!

Last edited:
Today was Iso Speed Hammer from H&C. Another disappointment from Sagi. I really like the concept of the workout - 10 slow reps followed by 10 fast reps - but so many negatives. It's too short, 24 minutes which includes a warmup and stretch; the fast reps are too fast so if you're using heavy weights, there's a chance for injury; and some of the exercises are not meant for such fast reps (deadlifts-dangerous, pistol squats-need to concentrate for balance). On the plus side, Sagi is not as annoying and is a bit funny.

I also did Align from PiYo, the first workout which goes over form and movement. Some of the PiYo workouts are short so I may mix them in this rotation as well.

Happy Thursday All! Shoulder day here and as usual started with strictpress, 12 sets, followed by 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x12 alternate front raise, and 2 sets of barbell shrugs. No pr's, but got a lotta work in! Hope today is great for all!! Jodi. when I did Bodybeast, Sagi went so fast that I didn't have time to change my powerblocks. I made it a paper program, and that helped , but I just got tired of it or him, not sure which!! So I just haven't tried anything else of his. I agree, speed deads...NOT GOOD!! Have a great Thursday all!

Today was Chisel Endurance from H&C and Core 1 again from 22MHC. Another winner from Autumn! It's 2 rounds of several exercises each done for a minute. I was dripping sweat when done. After this first week, I'm really wishing Autumn had done the whole program herself. Hopefully, the rest of the workouts from Sagi improve.

Since my last check in I did PRS#1, Kick max, Low impact sweat, ICE Chiselled upper body.

Jodi the date is not set yet, I promise I won't keep you in the Dark;);)
Oh, I showed my fiance who is the boss, that is why he want to know more about my routine. I did few push up on
the toes;);). Plie squat picking up a 17kg, slightly below parallel to the floor.

;);)Thanks @healing11 Hopefully I will get used to it:)

@dawn9222 I am excited for you. Honestly you are setting yourself to help people getting to bottom of what it truly is
to get healthy and fit. Not as a quick fix, as a long term commitment ---Life change. You will be doing a better job than program such as biggest losers. Well that is my opinion.

Tom: As I posted above, I have done few push up in front of my fiance. I think this is not enough to hurt his ego, I hope I haven't:p
:p:)

Will check this week tomorrow.

Hope you are having a good week

Thanks Nathalie!! I am excited to know more as well, I just wish I could plug in and have it all downloaded.. haha! I have also decided that I will take Precision nutrition course next year to compliment this Cert. I only will do level 1 of that one though. I have a friend who did both and said they are so beneficial. Working my tail off to get out of my full time accounting job. I would love to own my own gym and have nutrition classes etc. I also would love to have special weight training class for seniors. Not that I would teach, but one that would be held in my gym. I have so many dreams, I just wish I would have started long ago.. at 52 now, I feel a little rushed to get there!! haha!

On another note, I mostly workout at home downstairs and I remember when I first moved in with my boyfriend, I used to stop my dvd's if he came downstairs because I didn't want him watching me workout or see what I was doing.... now I don't care, he'll come down and ask me if I'm doing jazzercise again.. he's such a turd..

Hope everyone had a great week. I had a rough week. Leaky roof, waiting for roofers to get an estimate, slammed my finger in the door, busy work week and a minor car accident. It was just an off week for me plus I couldn't get in my walks because of all the rain. However, I managed to get my workouts in. Again, one of the things I like about STS is that I don't have to guess what workout to do. And last week I really didn't need another thing to think about. Tom, surprised to hear you say Meso 1 is miserable, but I will agree I am not a fan of the chest, shoulders, biceps (?) dvd. I don't like the flow. However, I do love the back and legs dvd.

Well, week 3 completed

Day 1- Chest, Shoulders, Biceps
Day 2- Rest
Day 3- Back, Triceps (slammed finger in door- and it is literally still bruised, sore and black; ouch)
Day 4- Rest (leaking roof)
Day 5- Legs
Day 6- ICE MTB Blizzard Blast (minor car accident)

Serious DOMS from the legs dvd and I absolutely loved it. Oh well, hopefully this coming week will be a little more settled. Have a great week everyone.

Hi All! I did get an arm day in Friday, not heavy and still couldn't really do barbell curls, but was able to do quite a bit of dumbbell work. I did supersets, 4 supersets, starting with skullcrushers/dumbbell curls, tri pushdowns/hammercurls(some dumbbell curls), triceps crossbody/concentration curls, and kickbacks/ bicep isos. Most sets in the 8-12 range (the last supersets were 15-25 rep range) and three sets of each exercise totaling 24 sets of arm stuff! I finished with some cable crunches, 2 sets, and rode the airdyne 1 mile before and after the w/o. Healing 11, I didn't like all of the half up, half down things and the really long sets. I didn't think there is any way, due to the endurance factor, to figure a 1rm on these lifts. I'm a guy, so I like it simple!! But, all that said, I really saw body changes in meso 1, and the endurance was really needed...just didn't LIKE it...needed it however! Glad you survived the week...didn't sound easy!! Hope the finger is ok!! Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.