Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Tom, hope your wife is doing fine!

Dawn, keep working on that certification. We'll be here when you have time. :)

Wednesday I did EBE2 Weighted + Plyo Glutes. To me, this is the hardest workout of the bunch. I swear by the end of it, I thought I was going to pass out or puke. :confused:o_O The last superset is killer...a combo of weighted plié squats and weighted plyo plié squats...four sets with little rest in between. Definite struggle!

Yesterday was the Upper Body Only premix from Muscle Max. I've been using that DVD for about 10 years now, and it still gets me every time.

Today is a rest day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Well DW's knee replacement went great..already feels better! I got a dumbbell. chest w/o in after coming back to the hotel. They had up to 50's, so I did 1x10 with 45s to start, then 50s x 20 x15 x12 and 3x10. I finished with the same dumbbells 3x10 on inclines. We had to be up today at 4:15. So I am off to bed!!! Have a great weekend All!!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry ladies, I did not report last week.

Wed 13/04: Rest
Thurs 14/04: PRS#2 Extreme premix
Friday 15/04: Cycle max main mix
Sat 16/04 Kick max no conditionning
Sun 17/04: Rest

This week I did Low impact challenge, Athletic step, Low max and Athletic training.

Hope you are all having a great week end.:):)

Greetings everyone,

Here was my rotation for last week.

Day 1 STS Total Body (knee problems vanished)
Day 2 ICE Low Impact Blizzard Blast (of course I loved it)
Day 3 Lean Legs (no abs, no barre) (liked it much better than when I first purchased it)
Day 4 Kickmax (no blasts) (loved it and was a sweaty mess when it was over)
Day 5 REST
Day 6 STS Total Body

My knee was really bothering earlier in the week. I was actually limping. Normally I wouldn't work out feeling that way and I couldn't understand why my knee was bothering me. Anyway I decided to do STS Total Body anyway, since I scheduled it and I was just going to modify the leg trisets. The more I did the workout, the less discomfort in my knee and I didn't have to modify. By the end of the workout my knee was fine. STS healed my knee- weird I know but my knee hasn't bothered me since. I completed the rest of the week with no problems. I'm actually considering doing another cycle of STS. I really enjoyed STS the first time I completed it and I really like knowing what workout I'm going to do everyday. And I had amazing results without really doing as much cardio as recommended. We will see. Hope everyone is having a great day.

It a great feeling when you body heal itself out through a workout. No activity is not always an answer to a pain!
Well done, this require determination.

Still in Rochester, but wife's surgery went great! I got an early w/o (shoulders) in, only had dumbbells, but got in some good work . I did a total of 15 sets, shoulder press, 8 sets, side laterals, 3 x 10, rear delt flys, 3x10 and 1x50 dumbbell shrugs. Hope the weekend was good to everyone!

Hi all!

No treadmill on Saturday, but I went kinda easy on the cardio with BarreAmped Cardio Fat Burn.

For Sunday, I tried Barre Bell HiiT from Linda Wooldridge. This was new on Mary's website, and the idea intrigued me. It's kettle bell exercises alternated with barre-like exercises. I have kettle bells which I rarely used and I love barre so I really wanted to love this workout. Well, it wasn't love, but it was a pretty solid like. Every section is done in a format of 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest for each exercise. If you do all sections, the workout is just over 90 minutes long. In the future, I will probably skip the upper body section and just do the ones for lower body and core.

Greetings All,

I decided to start STS. I'm taking it week by week as sometimes I like to switch things up. I had no DOMS after week 1. I was surprised, but I could have gone heavier. However, I was exhausted by the end of the week. So my body wasn't sore, just fatigued. I love STS. The amount of equipment makes me a little crazy but I love that it is just a straight forward weight training workout.

Day 1 STS Total Body
Day 2 M1 - CSB
Day 3 Kickmax
DAy 4 M1- Back/Triceps
Day 5 STS AB Circuit- weight and plates
Day 6 M1- Legs

Have a great workout week.

Today was a new Pure Barre DVD...Resistance Series #1. The workout incorporates a double looped resistance band into almost every exercise. Oh my...I had forgotten how tough these workouts are. To me, Pure Barre's latest crop of DVDs are the toughest barre work out there. My lower half is still screaming at me!

For Sunday, I tried Barre Bell HiiT from Linda Wooldridge. This was new on Mary's website, and the idea intrigued me. It's kettle bell exercises alternated with barre-like exercises. I have kettle bells which I rarely used and I love barre so I really wanted to love this workout. Well, it wasn't love, but it was a pretty solid like. Every section is done in a format of 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest for each exercise. If you do all sections, the workout is just over 90 minutes long. In the future, I will probably skip the upper body section and just do the ones for lower body and core.

I think it's a great idea. Fusion --- Barre-Kettlebell. This trigger my curiosity:):) 90 minutes is not, in my opinion,
a selling point for Miss wooldridge. Most of workout are short, 60 minutes the longest nowadays.
Jodi is this workout on Mary's website. Is there any clip I could view?
I need to add kettlebells.

Monday w/0 Metabolic total body ICE including blast and core one. I was done!:)

Greetings All,

I decided to start STS. I'm taking it week by week as sometimes I like to switch things up. I had no DOMS after week 1. I was surprised, but I could have gone heavier. However, I was exhausted by the end of the week. So my body wasn't sore, just fatigued. I love STS. The amount of equipment makes me a little crazy but I love that it is just a straight forward weight training workout.

Day 1 STS Total Body
Day 2 M1 - CSB

Day 3 Kickmax
DAy 4 M1- Back/Triceps
Day 5 STS AB Circuit- weight and plates
Day 6 M1- Legs

Day 1 and 2 Your upper body must have been screaming at you saying no more Lol:D:D
This is a tough rotation. Well done:)

Hey guys!!! So crazy busy, squeaking workouts in here and there.. don't you know I've got friends coming to me with all kinds of questions now AND I did schedule a class that I will be teaching in May, just basics on the hormones that affect metabolism, reading labels, carb/protein/fiber/fat importance and a few other things.

this is tough with a full time job.. :(

Miss you guys..

Yesterday was RWH Lower body circuit
Today I did PIYO strong legs and I'm hoping to break away to the gym for a quick 30 mins of some leg press and lunges.. fitting things in where I can!

Tom - hope all is well with your wife!!

Waving hi to the rest of you!!! :)

I love your new profile pic.. you sexy woman you!!! :)

Thanks @dawn9222 :p
blushed!

ios_emoji_winking_face.png

Today I kept it really simple for back, 2 excercises only! Starting with wide lat pulldowns 5x10 and deadlifts, 6 sets pyramid. I felt worked! I did 1 pullup and it and dumbbell rows felt iffy, so I just did the pulldowns and deads. I did a lot of dumbbell work at the hotel and since I am going back there Wed for Thursday and Friday, I decided to live to work another day! I like the profile pic Nathalie! Dawn, congrats on the new class you will be teaching! Healing 11, I'm with you, give me straight lifting any day!!!

Today was another new one for me...BodyFit 360, Volume 1 by Michelle Dozois. This is a very interesting and different workout. It was a great reminder of my lack of flexibility, balance and rhythm, but I still loved it. It was fun, tough, I worked up a good sweat, and you need no equipment, not even shoes, haha! I will definitely be returning to this one.

Today I kept it really simple for back, 2 excercises only! Starting with wide lat pulldowns 5x10 and deadlifts, 6 sets pyramid. I felt worked! I did 1 pullup and it and dumbbell rows felt iffy, so I just did the pulldowns and deads. I did a lot of dumbbell work at the hotel and since I am going back there Wed for Thursday and Friday, I decided to live to work another day! I like the profile pic Nathalie! Dawn, congrats on the new class you will be teaching! Healing 11, I'm with you, give me straight lifting any day!!!

Thanks Tom for the compliment:):p. I wish your wife a prompt and smooth recovery:):)
How is your elbow? How do you manage being on top of your schedule with all this.

I also agree with Dawn...love the profile picture!! Look at those arms!! :eek:;):D

Dawn, I wished I lived by you - I want to take your class![/QUOTE]

Thanks Jodi:)
While we are on arms topic. My fiance is checking on arms and want to see me working out, just to see what
I am up to! He's impressed with the load I am lifting so far.

I have always worked at home on my own, feeling quite apprehensive now that I may join me Lol
Oh well we will see:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.