Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hello everyone,

Jen - EBE2 being tougher than Plyo Legs.. wow
I chose to buy Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Cardio Pump over Lean Body Circuits thanks to your blog ;)
Jodi - your Barre rotation looks interesting and I love what Barre does to my lower body. Can you recommend some shorter barre workouts? Around 15-25 min long segments with nice background & music & pleasant instructor & intermediate to advanced level.
I think Cathe's Turbo Barre needs a companion ;) BTW are my requirements too much?
Tslop , Nathalie, Sarbear - pump it, amigos

My workouts
Monday: AM Cardio Core Circuit , a leg segment from Muscle Endurance and another from High Reps (ouch, the low ends!) PM: KCM Your Best Body (great!) - Premix #6 No legs, and part of Yoga Relax.
Tuesday: AM Drill Max (cardio only) and Circuit Blast. PM - Athletic Step.
Today: AM Amy Dixon's Breathless Body #2 & the core segment from Muscle Max . PM Cathe's Super Sets.

My energy is back and I enjoy the cardio. I have no back / joint pain and no hay fever! I will give my joints some rest soon to make sure I don't overdo it .
Since I love Your Best Body so much, I quickly ordered Kelly' Body Training. It is supposed to arrive by 27 August. After it, I'll get Kelly's new Body Pump as an download and make my own premixes. OMG seems my life flows from trying one new workout to the next one :) is this hobby or addiction? I'll go with "hobby".

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
Hi Gang! Well I have some pretty serious DOMs after yesterday's deadlift workout so I decided today would be a cardio day. I wasn't sure if my sore legs would cooperate, but I survived! I think the cardio workout actually helped stretch them out a bit. I'm still working my way through the Weider Ruthless workouts so I did Tabata Sweat. I'm really loving the cardio workouts in this series. I don't have many 20 min workouts in my "library" that can really get the job done quite like these do! I followed things up with Ruthless' Horizontal Circuit. This workout is more core based rather than cardio, but I think it was a good add on to complete my workout. Steve has you moving quickly from one exercise to another so my heart rate was still up there through most of the workout (not as high as it was during Tabata Sweat, but still in a good metabolic range).

Keep up the good work everyone!

Oh and funny story....so I decided to make some homemade protein bars last night using a recipe from bodybuilding.com. They turned out pretty tasty, however, 12 hours later it dawns on me that I completely forgot to mix in the protein powder!!! So much for them being protein bars, lol! I hate to throw them away because they are pretty tasty and fairly "clean" ingredient wise so I guess I'll keep them around. I'll have to try the recipe again next week and make sure I include the protein powder this time!

Hi Everyone,

Today's w/o: KPC and 100 Barbell throw
Yesterday: leg day --- RwH Plyo Hiit#2 followed by pyramid up and down. with Barbell
I did a variation of static lunge. I did front lunge at 45 degree cause I wanted to hit the upper part of
my quad a bit more. I lifted for all exercises from #35 to 47 pound.

Sarbear: The deadlift killer line up look intense. Really good stuff. Well done on the hard work.
Would like to have a link of your protein bar recipe. There are so many recipes:):):)
:D:D Lol you forgot to add in the protein

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Kind Regards,

Nathalie-

Here is the breakdown of the workout (taken from Jen's blog):

Exercises:
20 Dead-Lifts
20 One-Leg Dead-Lifts (10 on each leg)

20 Straight Leg Dead-Lifts

20 One-Leg Straight Leg Dead-Lifts (10 each leg)

20 Sumo Dead-Lifts
25 Sit Ups
Do this circuit 3 times
Finisher:
50 Jumping Lunges

If you use challenging weights, this is one heck of a workout! I'm definitely feeling it today.
Ugh...sounds TOUGH!!

Today I did To The Max, the Less Impact premix minus the final stretch + the Low Impact segment from X10 minus the warm-up. Great combination, lots of sweat!

Svetlana, I had to laugh when you listed all your barre requirements! The first ones that came to mind are ones by Suzanne Bowen...BarreAmped, BarreAmped Boot Camp, and Tighten, Tone and Torch. She is a very pleasant instructor and each one of those are broken down into segments about 15-20 minutes each.

SarBear, you also had me laughing...protein bars without the protein!

I was able to add weight to both the days this week. Added 10# to deadlifts 3x3 5# to curls 5x8 5# to bench 3x3s and 10# to the 1x10 set of bench, Really like the short sets...cause I'm lazy I guess, but even though it is heavy lifting, you don't seem to get as tired!! Nia's program does encourage multiple warmup sets so there are many more than just the working sets, but it is FUN to do 3x3 sets!!! Sounds like everyone is working hard! Sarbear..you may have found the secret to protein bar tolerability!!! and is that 300 deadlifts?? Would be a 911 call for me lol!!

Lousy day in the gym!! I had to drop 5# off my overhead press, despite shorter sets!! Only managed 8. 8. 6. 6. 6 on chin ups and just a lousy day. Maybe mental, sore left bicep tendon so didn't really push the chinups, but doesn't explain the overheads! Oh well, there will be better days..hope I'm the only disappointed Cathlete Today!!

Hello everyone. I have been back at work this week after my vacation and am buried in work. But I've still been working out, of course! I last checked in on Monday.

Tuesday: PFLO Upper Strength + PFLW Muscle Splits Upper; doubles was Moxie 1 + PFLO Core Shredder
Wednesday: EBE2 Weights/Plyo Glutes + PFLO Yoga Hybrid; doubles was Moxie 2 + PFLW Core C
Today: PFLO Total Body Express and since there is no warm up or cool down/stretch I did Tabatacise warm up & cool down + PFLW Core D; planned doubles is Peak Fit Dynamic Flexibility.

My lower body is incredibly sore from Plyo Glutes.

SarBear--Weider Ruthless + RIPT90 actually sounds like a great combo rotation! And yes--Dead-Lift Killer is killer! I'm glad you brought that up tho because now I am thinking I need to work some RIPT90 into my STS rotation. Dead-Lift Killer and Death by Thruster at least!

Svetlana--yes, I think EBE2 is tougher than Cathe. I love them both! I think they compliment each other well tho, too. Cathe always gives you more of an overall lower body workout. EBE2 hits the glutes hard.

Alright--back to work. I hope be caught up by the end of the week.

Hello ladies!

Nathalie invited me to join in on the muscle building fun, so I hope it's okay if I join you guys? I may not be able to check in every day, but I love connecting with other like minded individuals! :)

I have just started coming back to the forum after taking a hiatus for about the last year or so, and about 6-7 months from VF. I don't like my screen name here (it's too personally identifiable) so I may actually be changing it and re-registering with my VF screen name eyefit. The thing is I'll lose my "Cathlete" status and have to start from scratch on my posts...not that that really matters but in a weird way it bothers me enough that I haven't gotten around to changing it yet! LOL

I just got Edge Booty Extreme 2 last week and have started using the workouts this week and am loving the workouts. I saw jengollf had posted about it on OD so I was excited to share my thoughts as well. :D My plan is to alternate weeks of the Weighted dvd with the Plyo/Weights dvd. I had initially thought I would do a month like that, but now I'm thinking I may devote a full 6 weeks to Ingrid. She is awesome. I agree with jengollf's assessment so far about the great glute focus. I'm scared to try the plyo/weights ones now, though! LOL Cathe is my backbone instructor and the one I always come back to, but I definitely see myself using the EBE2 workouts a lot. Like jengollf said, Cathe is great for all around lower body development, and then Ingrid sort of takes the glutes up a notch.

So far this week I've done the following workouts:

Mon: EBE2 Weighted Legs (DOMS for 3 days :eek:)
Tues: Ruthless Rip 10's + EBE2 Weighted Upper Body
Wed: Kathy Smith's Power Step (nostalgia workout. :) )
Today: Weighted Glutes

Friday will be a rest day and then Saturday I plan to get my trusty Horizontal Conditioning in. You guys may recall my posts about HoCo on here in the past. I make sure to do Sandra's stuff at least once a week to maintain my core results that I got with her. Love it!

Next week I plan to do EBE2 Plyo/Weights and then for my cardio get some Cathe back in. I can't go too long without a Cathe workout. :)

I'm excited to get to know you ladies and share some muscle building tips! :D

Welcome, cokonkel! The more the merrier here!

Today's workout was Power Hour. I think I finally got the weights for everything just right. Of course, then Cathe tells me during the workout, once you have them just right, it's time to up the weights. That will have to be a goal to reach. :)

Glad to have you Cokonkel!! I did 2 Nia workouts today since I am missing Friday's workout. I was able to add 10# to all squat sets 5# to reverse lunges and all in all, better than this morning's workout!! Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!!

Friday will be a rest day and then Saturday I plan to get my trusty Horizontal Conditioning in. You guys may recall my posts about HoCo on here in the past. I make sure to do Sandra's stuff at least once a week to maintain my core results that I got with her. Love it!

Thanks cokonkel for popping by! You are very welcome on here at any time, Dear like minded;);)

Oh Iwill look up your old posts on Horizontal conditioning. Too many workout to do:):)

Take care:)
Happy lifting colleen;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! :) As I mentioned before, today is my rest day so no workout to report. I did want to mention a suggestion to Svetlana that I forgot to post about yesterday for the barre question she had. Have you ever tried Linda Wooldridge (Barlates Body Blitz)? I find she is fantastic for add ons! I have her two dvds: Barre Ball Blast and ResitaBarre (which uses a firewalker loop). The dvds have several sections/chapters ranging from 10-25 minutes focusing on various body parts. Here are the dvds: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=linda wooldridge She also has a youtube channel where she offers a ton of free workouts and many are within the 10-20 minute range. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmJMvoQfsmXgnnsmfF95PA These are also fantastic for add-ons, which is what I use barre and pilates for. I don't usually do a whole long workout of barre unless it's a recovery week then sometimes I will. I need my weights. ;) However I love these workouts for cross training, endurance work and for working those smaller muscles that traditional lifting doesn't quite get. There are many goodies on Linda's youtube channel and it's a great way to see if you like her as an instructor. I really love her lower body ones. I never use barre for my upper body. I do want to try some of the core workouts, though. HTH!

Last edited:
This morning was PFLO Total Body Strength. It was a pretty good workout. I liked it. I've done almost all of the PFWL/PFLO workouts and it is hit or miss with those. There are some good workouts that I'll return to tho. This was one of them. Only 3 workouts more to try from this two systems. I definitely enjoyed Dynamic Flexibility yesterday--my lower body is still sore from EBE2!

Welcome Colleen! I love EBE2 also--every workout in the program is excellent. I am using it with STS which I am starting up next month--but I had to try all of the workouts out first in preparation (and so I could create my rotation).

Quick check-in. Rodney Yee's A.M. Yoga for Your Week - Forward Bends. My lower back has been giving me trouble. We were tent camping on a lake earlier this week.

I have a heavy weight workout planned for later today. I'll try to catch up on posts soon. Have a wonderful day!

Hi all! Thank you for the anniversary wishes! Dinner and dessert was wonderful, and then we came home to a homemade decorated dark chocolate cake from the wife of my husband's boss. We haven't touched it yet but it looks amazing!

Today was the treadmill. I did intervals of power walking and light jogging to test the impact on my ankle. It felt ok so hopefully it's better now. Music was some old school dance music from the 90's...Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears...oh yeah, I was rockin' it!! Haha!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.