Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hi Everyone,

Mary: So glad you are feeling better and managing to find time to workout. How are doing with your basement work?

Jodi: hmmm I have your facebook status on Michael Bolton upcoming album:):). I love Michael Bolton:p. I am a sucker
for love songs. There is a little crush I must admit---quite old for me but I can not stop noticing he's aging gracefully.
He does come in europe and once I remembered watching him on Loose women. The link is below. Goodness
it was cheeckly hilarious. I have posted the link below. Sorry for being off topic!
Sounds like you are getting addicted to power hour ;);)

http://www.michaelbolton.com/video/michael-bolton-interview-on

Jen: 225 sounds brutal indeed. Enjoy your time off.:):)

Tom: Glad you are feeling comfortable executing deadlift. I am considering trying out more variations.
I want to try out squat variation too.

Yesterday w/o was exhausting 50 full (glute close to floor;);))body weighted squat +4ds High intensity step
followed by Great Glutes extreme.
Today's w/o was RwH Low impact Hiit one Plus Abs bonus one.
I did 50 instead of 100 full body squat cause I want to work on getting my move very fluid. I had no problem at all.
That being said later on my quads, hamstring and glutes were all on fire! I can not remember when was the last time
I shock my lower body this way. I know it is because a pre-activated my muscle doing those 50 body weight squat.
By the time I got to plie squat, my tail bone was protesting:oops::oops::eek::eek::eek:

I am recovering from lower body DOMS right now. I am feeling fine :):):)

That is all I have to share for now.

Happy Friday everyone;)

Last edited:
Good Saturday ladies and gentleman,

I had some work-related stress this Thursday; hope the problems will be solved soon. Yesterday my children and I caught a bus to the city of Varna for a change. Everyone else visits Varna because of the beaches but we went to a shopping mall . I'm allergic to the sun so no sunbathing for me, and we miss the hustle and bustle of big cities. The staple of our window shopping tour was Decathlon - a French chain for sports goods. Kids were jumping on a rebounder while I checked out every shelf of the store. We loved it.
Jen - Next time I should read your blog better ;) The thrusters sound scarier to me now!
SarBear - I'm surely interested in Kelly's next workouts. I read Kelly's descriptions several times! I could do only Cathe and KCM (with some Turbo Fire, 10 Minute Solutions and Amy Bento thrown in) and never need another instructor.
Coffey Fit charges 14 USD shipping to my country for 1 DVD and 17 USD for two incl. on pre-orders. I don't get the premixes if I purchase downloads. So I'm buying her older stuff from Amazon UK. I will get them all eventually :)
Tom - The forum members are awarded trophy points based on number of posts and likes received. Not sure how many . NCKFitHeart is in the dignified list as well. We all are "educated crowd" though!
Jodi - Hope your leg is recovering fast. Here is 93 degrees F and we are stuck at home too! I love the cool at 5 AM.
Nathalie - well done, this is one real tough lower body workout. I will psyche myself to try it some day :)

Yesterday I did a cardio mish mosh: Warm up & Tabata #4 from Tabatacise; the Step segment from Xtrain OULIH; the cardio from Athletic Training and the cardio & stretch from Slide and Glide. This felt great!
Today is cardio and lower body mix: Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast (rounds 1-6), X10 HiLo segment, the compound moves from Great Glutes and the bonus step segment from Cardio Supersets.

Last edited:
Yesterday evening I did RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders with DH. And this morning we did RWH Leg - Strength only. My glutes are sore from yesterday's barre glute section.

Nathalie, our basement workout space is pretty much finished. I love it! A few weeks ago I got my son a hanging heavy bag for his 17th birthday. It really was his idea! So that's a new addition - and I'll be trying out one of Cathe's kickboxing heavy bag workouts sometime soon. I'm hoping DH and DS will build a dumbbell rack or two. :D

Today was squats 2x5 1x10 (n0t counting warmups) barbell reverse lunges 2x7 2x6 (whew) and hanging knee raises 4x7. I added 3 sets of 1 leg calf raises +25# 3 sets of crossbody tricep extensions 2x10 1x12 and 3 sets of concentration curls 2x10 1x12 and finished with 50 pushups. Next week is a deload week with weight reduction prior to phase 2. Hope all have a great weekend!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a good week end.

Tom: I do not know much about Nia program. What deload week consist of? I did pyramid upper body today.
Have you ever tried cathe's pyramid set? The upper body contain isolation building exercise. it is straight
forward. You go up on a pyramid and you go straight back down. Exercises are straight forward.
I think you may like it. It could be something to try after Nia:)

Mary: Sounds like your legs are happily sore;);). Basement being now done, your enthusiasm to get back to your
routine will level up. Glad you are feeling better. Heavy bag what a good "toy" addition. Heavy bags will whip
arms into better shape. It is a good way to work core too. I like the feeling on my core when I do kickboxing
workouts.

Jodi: Hope your ankle is on the mend:)

Svetlana: cardio and leg back to back is intense:):) It is good to surprise the body from time to time.
Sometimes I do 15 minutes plyo premix from To the max followed by heavy leg session.
I do not really know how the points are awarded. I do not really pay attention to it. I am just
happy to be surrounded by you guys, discuss workout and keep each other motivated.:):):)
Do you own STS?

SarBear: Hope you are winning RIPT90 you are a warrior;) How are you coping with DOMS.

I had good week. I am so glad i pulled out pyramid today. It is another gems I need to do more often.
Today's upper body left my arms quivering LOL:D:D I loved it. I will do it before starting STS. This will
enable me to workout my One rep max accurately. That's my plan.

Happy week end everyone;)

Today was the treadmill, and I power walked a 5K through Central Park with some more great 80's music. I'm really enjoying following the routes on my iPad.

Nathalie, yes, I'd say I'm addicted to Power Hour. I keep thinking about when I can do it again to try different weight selections for my shoulders. And yes, I'm also "addicted" to Michael Bolton, as uncool as that may be these days. Haha! I've been a fan since my high school days and have seen him countless times in concert. In fact, he'll be in my area again at the end of this month and I'm hoping to be there!

Svetlana, there is a sporting goods chain close to me and I also could get lost in it for hours looking at everything. Of course, that's not fun for the wallet so I don't go as often as I'd like.

Hope everyone is having fun today!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are having a good week end.

Tom: I do not know much about Nia program. What deload week consist of? I did pyramid upper body today.
Have you ever tried cathe's pyramid set? The upper body contain isolation building exercise. it is straight
forward. You go up on a pyramid and you go straight back down. Exercises are straight forward.
I think you may like it. It could be something to try after Nia:)

Mary: Sounds like your legs are happily sore;);). Basement being now done, your enthusiasm to get back to your
routine will level up. Glad you are feeling better. Heavy bag what a good "toy" addition. Heavy bags will whip
arms into better shape. It is a good way to work core too. I like the feeling on my core when I do kickboxing
workouts.

Jodi: Hope your ankle is on the mend:)

Svetlana: cardio and leg back to back is intense:):) It is good to surprise the body from time to time.
Sometimes I do 15 minutes plyo premix from To the max followed by heavy leg session.
I do not really know how the points are awarded. I do not really pay attention to it. I am just
happy to be surrounded by you guys, discuss workout and keep each other motivated.:):):)
Do you own STS?

SarBear: Hope you are winning RIPT90 you are a warrior;) How are you coping with DOMS.

I had good week. I am so glad i pulled out pyramid today. It is another gems I need to do more often.
Today's upper body left my arms quivering LOL:D:D I loved it. I will do it before starting STS. This will
enable me to workout my One rep max accurately. That's my plan.

Happy week end everyone;)
Nathalie..I haven't done that, but do a lot of pyramid stuff, especially bench and squats, during my normal body part/day. May have to check it out.

Here are my workouts for the past week.

Day 1 Push 1
Day 2 Cathe's Ride Premix 1 (357 cal)
Day 3 TF Hiit 20 (250 cal)
Push 2 (162 cal)
Day 4 Rest
Day 5 Push 3 (142 cal)
Day 6 TF Hiit 20 (225 cal)

Still enjoying Chalean Extreme. I've noticed that wearing my vivofit increase my motivation. According to vivofit, 20 minute hiit was equivalent to running at 5mph. Ive been challenging myself to really push myself during my hiit workouts and I've been keeping my heart rate in zone 4, (80-90% of heart rate) which is really good for me. I tried doing a doubles day, but the jury is still out. I was so exhausted the rest of the week and I don't know if that contributed to the fatigue. I'm focusing on getting my nutrition in order. its not horrible but it could be better.

Wishing everyone success on their journeys. You guys keep me motivated.

...I know you think how much cardio is 3 sets of 5. The answer...PLENTY!!! Baby steps haha!
Tom, if I had half of your appreciation for weightlifting and you -half of my cardio addiction both of us would be just right :) I only train muscles to improve cardio endurance and avoid injury :O
Jodi, power walking (virtually) around NY Central Park sounds great. I feel similar with Cathe's Shock Cardio series with the Hyatt skyscraper in the background.
I managed to shop wisely this time. Bought resistance band and a cheap & pretty back pack. My green Turbo Fire band tore (slapping my arm!) a few weeks ago. The new band is longer and will let me perform exercises which the previous one didn't.
Nathalie, I own only the first weeks of STS Meso 1, 2 and 3. I don't have heavy enough weights for STS.. One workout works bi's and tri's for 60+ minutes I can't motivate myself to revisit it.
But the Plyo Legs workout is excellent! I may buy the other two Plyo Legs.
Mary, it's great you are feeling happy! My situation is getting better
too, hugs.
Jen, your review of Ultimatum is great as usual! Thank you from the name of all fitness DVD users.

I used a movie splitter freeware to make individual muscle group premixes from Xtrain CSB. This lets me use CSB when I have less time! Or shoulder DOMS such as today ;)
Chest premix is (11 min), Shoulders (13 min) and Back (16 min), all exercises included. I will use the Warm up and Stretch with other workouts for variety. Very happy!

My PM workout yesterday - KCM Plateau Buster Premix 1 and KCM Your Best Body w/o #2 with cardio blasts.
Today I did TurboFire 55 EZ (great fun) and KCM Weights: Chest, Legs and Back (nice upper body from Kelly).
In the PM - Individual Muscle premixes Chest (7 min) from KCM Muscle Definition & (11 min) from Xtrain CSB.
Back (13 min) from Burn Sets.

Warm regards to all,

Last edited:
Tom, if I had half of your appreciation for weightlifting and you -half of my cardio addiction both of us would be just right :) I only train muscles to improve cardio endurance and avoid injury :O
Jodi, jogging (virtually) around NY Central Park sounds great. I feel similar with Cathe's Shock Cardio series with the Hyatt skyscraper in the background.
I managed to shop wisely this time. Bought resistance band and a sporty back pack. My green Turbo Fire band tore (slapping my arm!) a few weeks ago. The new band is longer and will let me perform exercises which the previous one didn't.
Nathalie, I own only the first weeks of STS Meso 1, 2 and 3. I don't have heavy enough weights for STS.. One workout works bi's and tri's for 60+ minutes I can't motivate myself to revisit it.
But the Plyo Legs workout is excellent! I may buy the other two Plyo legs someday. Are they different enough?

I used a movie splitter freeware to make individual muscle group premixes from Xtrain CSB. This lets me use CSB when I have less time! Or shoulder DOMS such as today ;)
Chest premix is (11 min), Shoulders (13 min) and Back (16 min), all exercises included. I will use the Warm up and Stretch with other workouts for variety. If someone is interested PM me.

My PM workout yesterday - KCM Plateau Buster Premix 1 and KCM Your Best Body w/o #2 with cardio blasts.
Today I did TurboFire 55 EZ (great fun) and KCM Weights: Chest, Legs and Back (nice upper body from Kelly).
In the PM - Individual Muscle premixes Chest (7 min) from KCM Muscle Definition & (11 min) from Xtrain CSB.
Back (13 min) from Burn Sets.

Warm regards to all,
Svetlana...That would be a great mix!!!

Today was another first for me...Maximum Intensity Strength. Loved it! Another great total body strength workout from Cathe. It is incredibly old and the exercises are no frills, but they work! I think this is a great complement to Power Hour. With that one, you can't go as heavy because of all the reps and varied rep tempos. MIS is more straightforward single reps, and you can lift heavier. In fact, I have several "up" arrows on my workout sheet for next time!

Hi all! Haven't had a chance to check in for a few days. Thursday I did Ript90's Deadlft Killer and OMG were my legs completely toast after all those deadlifts!!! Hours later I was standing at work and noticed that my legs were STILL quivering. Needless to say I had some major DOMs after that workout. Yesterday I was still so sore (both my upper body and lower body) that I decided I needed to take a break from Ript90 workouts so I did Weider Ruthless Ringside which is a boxing style cardio workout. I wore weighted gloves and got a decent little workout. Afterwards I followed it up with another Ruthless workout, Core and Flex. The "Flex" part of the workout is a nice stretching segment and boy did it feel good given all my sore muscles. Today I was back at Ript90 with Chest Shredder and then I topped things off with Ript90's Up and Down which is a short little metabolic/hiit style workout.

Jodi-are you using an app for your treadmill routes? Power walking through Central Park sounds amazing!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

SarBear, yes, it's an app called Virtual Runner. The app is free, but then you have to pay for each route you choose, I think ranging from $2.99 to $4.99. I've also tried an app called Treadmill Trails. Each route is $.99, but they are only 30 minutes long, and I'm usually on the treadmill longer than that. I've also tried Virtual Roads which is totally free, but the quality is not as good. It's not one continuous motion, more like individual shots strung together. Virtual Runner has definitely been the best so far.

today is what Nia calls deload week you only use 70% of the weight you used in the previous week and you also reduce the number of sets....sort of "slacker time" The idea is to allow rest, but it's hard not to add weight. The next phase will be more shorter sets, will be 3 sets of 3 instead of 2 sets of 5, This should allow more weight increase with resultant strength gains!!❤

Happy Monday Everyone;),

Today’s workout was 30/20 Hiit from TTM, 50 full squat body weight and pyramid lower body to finish off the day!
Yesterday: Full rest day.:)

PLB: Leg presses 12 10 8 10 12 I lifted more the filming load, Static lunges I modified to 45 degree lunges to hit quad and glutes a bit more. Full leg was on fire, deadlifts, calf raise and stability ball floor work. I felt great of my workout and did not feel like I was dying:eek::eek:. My energy level is really good and I wanted to kick off my week with a Leg day with my favourite combination. Hiit cardio followed by a lifting session.

Love working out anaerobically. It was incredible the amount of sweat a short 30/20 from TTM produced. By the time
I got to the lifting session my muscle were fully warmed and stretched. I love to work this to get a full range of motion
while executing compound exercises. This love affaire 4 Hiit suit me for following reason:

• Hiit does suppress my appetite;););).
  • Time efficient and it has helped in shedding belly fat. Mission completed:)
  • Improve my VO2 max in short period.
  • Fun fun fun.
  • It does work my fast twitch with explosives moves.
  • It work power to get the type of shape I want for my legs;)
  • Insuline management.
Ok enough of listing pros of Hiit. IF trial is budging my scale without strictly tracking my food comsumption.

Looking forward to read what you have been up to.

Kind Regards,;)

Last edited:
Today I did Ilaria's Powerstrike 6 and Bonus Abs 1 from RWH. My ankle is still not back to 100% yet so I wanted to stick with low impact. However, as Cathe as says, low impact doesn't mean low intensity. This is one tough kickboxing workout! Also, doing the workout from RWH made me remember how much I love that series. I need to figure out when I can revisit all of those workouts!

Hello everyone! We got back from our 4 day mini-vacation to see my daughter yesterday. I am still on "stay-cation" tho--I don't return to work until Monday. Me and my husband are going to relax and do some hiking, go to the zoo--that type of thing. We both have stressful jobs and sometimes we just want to NOT work and relax. I also plan to get in some long workouts and some blogging!

The 4 day mini-vacation destroyed me! My husband did his usual culinary research and we ate out a lot! And of course, my daughter wanted to make some unhealthy favorites for us for game night. I had 4 days of hedonistic eating with zero exercise and I felt awful yesterday. I had a wonderful time, ate some amazing food, but my stomach felt huge, bloated and horrible. Add that 90+ degree Mississippi humidity and I felt very unpleasant. But I feel better now! I stopped eating at 7pm last night (so back to IFing), slept nine hours (very unusual for me!) and did The Butt Bible Level 3 Upper & Lower Body--83 minutes of exquisite pain. I loved it. I love The Butt Bible! And for anyone interested (Nathalie!) I posted the review this morning, too. I also received Edge Booty Extreme 2 while we were gone and had to re-do my August rotation last night because I MUST do that before I start STS in September. When I do STS I am doing a glute focused rotation, so The Butt Bible will be incorporated, probably some EBE2 workouts (if I like them as much as I hope to) as well as Xtrain's 100 Rep Challenge glute bridges.

Svetlana--glad you enjoyed my Ultimatum review. I love that workout program. I love it when I take a chance on something like that and it turns out a major winner. RIPT90, Ultimatum and Butt Bible were all workout programs I knew nothing about and bought them on chance. No buyers remorse on any of them--they are all awesome. Wish I could say the same about the Pretty Fierce workouts. I am not liking them nearly as much. I am going to sample all of the workouts in both series (Weight Loss & Lean Out), but compared to what I already own, so far I can only see myself returning to one or two of them. But I'm not through all of them yet--so there may be a few more gems hidden in the series.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did Pure Strength - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. It was a nice shorter workout.

OMGosh, this afternoon I did Hard Strikes. I skipped the Conditioning section but then I did the Heavy Bag Tabatas! - on a heavy bag. I loved it!!!

Svetlana, I'm so glad your situation is getting better too. Exercise really does help with stress. Beating up that heavy bag today felt so good.

Jodi, virtual runs sounds like fun. I'd love to do virtual rides someday, when I get a spinning bike (in the far future).

Jen, I briefly looked at EBE2 workouts. The workouts looked great! Unfortunately, the clothing was not (with kids at home). It's so disappointing, I'd love a "booty" focused series. I'll go have a look at Butt Bible... {{Or perhaps a Lower Body Cathe rotation is all I really need}} :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.