Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

This morning was RwH RIHI Legs + STS Extended Stretch.

Mary! So glad to hear you knee is doing better. Fingers crossed it continues!

Jodi--I wonder if I should email them, too, and get a replacement. I assumed I had waited too long as well and since I did get it to work, I just decided not to bother. Did you have your order # when you emailed? I know I don't have mine anymore.

I just did my first Barre3 DVD - Burner. I couldn't believe when it was over. It was the shortest 40 min workout I've ever done, hehe. Definitely felt like a recovery or rest day workout. I feel warmed up but not worked out. Very nice for achy back, hips, and hams from gardening. I really really hope this is the easiest one in the set or I'll have to mix in other barre. I will make myself go through the set a few times though (if I don't get too impatient). I hope tomorrow's workout is more challenging.

I forgot to note in my check in--my back/rear delts are so sore this morning! Yay! I love RwH! I really feel like my back hasn't been getting enough work recently but RwH fixed that! This is the kind of sore I love!

What is there about us that we enjoy SORE....but we do! Today was chest day for me. 13 sets bench 2 sets dumbbell incline 2 sets incline fly 1 set pushups to finish and 4 minutes of planks. Whew...don't know how y'all do multiple workouts??

Jen, luckily my hubby had left the packing slip in with the DVDs so I did have the order number. But, I still would have e-mailed them without it and just gave them his name and address. I'm sure they could find the order from that info. I think you should e-mail them. They could say no, but I doubt it. I would say don't explain to them how you eventually got the workout to appear. They might be more inclined to let you keep struggling with it then.

Mary, I was a little worried about getting Barre3 because some reviews did say they were not that tough. I'll be interested to see what you thing of the rest of them. I did order the two latest Pure Barre workouts. I want to see what their style is all about. There is a Pure Barre studio not far from me, and I thought for a few seconds about trying a live class. I think I'm over that idea now, but my addiction is definitely growing. :D

Add chest and triceps to my list of sore body parts. Tom, you are so right...it's a good kind of sore!

Today will be some kind of cardio for me, but I haven't decided what yet. I'll check in again later!

OMG! I just saw the news on FB too!!!! Totally made my day!!! I CANNOT WAIT to see what Cathe is planning to do next!!! AHHH, the suspense is already killing me :). HAHA!

And thanks everyone for the positive comments regarding my post from this past weekend. Just to clarify, I'm not necessarily comparing myself to Cathe and other fitness professionals (although who wouldn't want to look like one of them!). I'm more expiring to be a better version of myself and certainly not looking for perfection. I get so inspired by the people that participate in these forums and some of the other FB fitness groups I follow. I think I've just fallen into a bit of a rut lately due to dealing with A LOT of stress at work and am just feeling like I need to switch things up--not just for my body, but for my mind as well. I've been doing the 5 days of strength, 1 day of cardio for quite awhile now so I think it's time to switch things up a bit! Adding a little more cardio (and other types of workouts into my schedule) will hopefully help me work off some of this work stress too.

I did Xtrain's All Out Low Impact Hiit today and it felt great! I had forgotten how much I enjoy the workouts in Xtrain. Over the weekend, I also started testing out working out to a paper program vs. DVDs--Sunday was back and biceps and yesterday was legs. I'm still feeling the DOMs from both. We have a small nautilus system in our basement and it was nice to be able to use it for some of the exercises rather than my usual dumbbells/barbell. I think maybe this fall, I may try committing fully to a paper program just to change things up. This summer is going to be just too hectic with work trips, our vacation, and other fun activities. Hopefully, things at work will have simmered down by then too.

I am so excited too--but what didn't make me happy was someone asked if she would be doing beginner/intermediate workouts and basically said yes and indicated that would be part of what she is announcing soon. :( That does not make me happy. I know she wants to please everyone and everyone isn't advanced--but still! That's why I love her workouts! They challenge me! Hopefully they will not all be beginner/intermediate.

And I hear you SarBear--I get into workout ruts, too. That's why I try to avoid long programs. Body Beast put me in a rut. I got great results but it also burned me out. Right now I am enjoying doing my favorite (mostly Cathe) workouts. And I also never expect to look like a fitness model, but I would still like to lose some of the fat on my gut. But apparently not enough to make a real effort because I know exactly what I need to do (in the kitchen). I am just not motivated to do it.

I am so excited too--but what didn't make me happy was someone asked if she would be doing beginner/intermediate workouts and basically said yes and indicated that would be part of what she is announcing soon. :( That does not make me happy. I know she wants to please everyone and everyone isn't advanced--but still! That's why I love her workouts! They challenge me! Hopefully they will not all be beginner/intermediate.

I do not think it will happen. An entire serie for beginners is just not going to sell in my opinion.
Cathe is known for producing most advanced workout on the market. It is her selling point.
You can put your mind at ease Jen

I saw that comment about the beginner/immediate thing too and was a little nervous, but I agree with Nathalie. I just can't see her devoting an entire series to beginner/immediate workouts. Maybe she'll have a couple of beginner add on workouts that you can purchase along with the series. ;-)

SarBear,

I can sense a super fun program for us keen on lifting more than 3 pound;)

Jen: What do you think about one day split - 6 days muscle group split?

I forgot to check in. Today's workout were:
  • Muscle Max.
  • Just completed Great Glutes.
I will sleep like a baby tonight Lol:):)

Last edited:
Nathalie-I am beyond EXCITED over today's news!!! I cannot wait for Cathe's official announcement to arrive in my email inbox. :)

AND the good news continues today because I just saw on a Beachbody FB thread that Beachbody recently sent out a survey to gauge interest in a 60 day program that would include a build phase led by a male instructor and a shred phase led by a female instructor. There was also mention of a meal plan with the portion control containers. People are speculating that this could be Beast 2 with Sagi and Autumn!

Oh my...everyone needs to just take my money now because you KNOW I am going to want BOTH of these! LOL!

I decided to go with....Tabatacise! Love this one so much, such a sweatfest! I also added on a segment of Stretch Max. It was so needed after these past few workouts.

I can't wait to see what Cathe comes up with next! I would so love Nathalie's split suggestion. Cathe could do that and also have some short cardio workouts to use as add ons to the muscle work. I know several people have posted about wanting Cathe to include a modifier person in the workouts. Maybe that's what she alluding to with the beginner/intermediate thing?

Nathalie-I am beyond EXCITED over today's news!!! I cannot wait for Cathe's official announcement to arrive in my email inbox. :)

So am I Lol. Not that I have to but I will be watching e-mail inbox, fb page ...Like a hawk:D:D

I am so excited and I just can not hide it....I can not have this pointer sisters song out of my head:):):)

Last edited:
AND the good news continues today because I just saw on a Beachbody FB thread that Beachbody recently sent out a survey to gauge interest in a 60 day program that would include a build phase led by a male instructor and a shred phase led by a female instructor.

Sar Bear,

Reading your quote above, I asked myself "why can't both program be assigned to a female" instructor.
Both building and shredding cycle could be taken care of by a competent female instructor.
This is a misogynist grrr attitude.:mad::mad::mad:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.