Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Today was shoulder day for me. 4 sets of shoulder press, 2 sets of side laterals 2 sets of barbell front raises, 2 sets of rear delt flys, 4 sets of barbell military press and 2 sets of shrugs. Have managed to gain 4-5 pounds in the last 6 weeks and am increasing the weights used for all excercises. I am always amazed that strength gains can be made at any age..the miracle of the human body!!

Morning ladies! This morning was Power Hour! What an awesome workout. I haven't done it in years but since the last time I did it, I discovered Les Mills Pump and Power Hour is very much like Les Mills Pump--except harder! Total body workout in which Cathe burns out every single muscle group she works--and she works them all! Excellent workout! Can't believe it has taken me so long to return to it. Yesterday was Rapid Fire 2. Doubles yesterday was Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamaics #1 and planned doubles today is KB Dynamics #2.

Congrats on the strength gains tslop49! Always a good feeling!

I love Cardio Supersets, Jodi. That's one I haven't done in a while. So many I need to revisit. I start working overtime again next week and I'll really have to choose my workouts well so that I can get everything I need in one hour a day. I'm think, for the first week at least, RwH workouts.

Hello ladies and gent:),

Today workout was INTENSITY cardio. I love intervals should it consist of alternating low and high
intensity. short or long up to an hour. Yesterday was LIS low impact challenge I have not done this in a while.

Jen: The weight loss I referred to was the overall from my heaviest! Recently,
when I was in France for work, of course I did eat a lot. Lol. There was way too many eating out with colleagues
after long hours of work. So I did gain pound. Those are the pound which are dropping now. I am now weighting
the same weight as prior to start travelling but my clothes are much looser. Lol yesterday my belt just felt off:D:D
while i was walking on the street in the middle of the city. It need a new punched slot:p:p
I have resumed , few months ago, wih my usual fitness routine. I have been walking a lot too, having just relocated back. I have gotten
back to my cooking habit consisting of making my own meal. I tend to cook from fresh.

As to preparing for STS, I will order the assisting band shortly. Jen have you got yours yet? Powerhour is tough.
I will revisit it soon. I have high reps lined up tomorrow. This does cook all muscles really good. Cathe is
thorough in her program. There is litterally nothing missed out! What I love about high reps is combining
weight and band. Especially while doing one arm row.

Jen I think I will end up getting PIYO. Well not just for the tricep push up challenge:p:p. I have heard many
good reviews to not try it. May be I should try the streaming from Beachbody. I think piyo is not on streaming as yet.

Cardio superset is another one I have not visited in a while. I would like to revisit X77 and few others.;);)
Catwoman well done on this.

Sarbear and Mary: Hope to hear from you soon

Good week to all:)

Last edited:
Today I did P57 30 minute Thigh & Seat Booster. I hated to do such a short workout (although it is tough!), but I've been fostering a cat and some kittens and people were coming over to take a look at them. I had to squeeze in a quick workout before they arrived.

Good morning! Yesterday morning I did Crossfire + Core, then for doubles I did Kettlebell Dynamics workout #3 and this morning I did Cathe's Greatest Hits Vol 1 Timesaver #1--not much of a timesaver, it was still almost an hour long!

Nathalie--eating out all the time is h*ll on the diet. Even when you make good choices it is impossible to know exactly how the chef prepared the food. I prefer cooking at home, too--but my husband LOVES eating out. :confused:

Yes, I do have my pull up assist. I was doing really good working on pull ups on Sundays but I haven't in the past two weeks--I need to get back to it this weekend since September is approaching! And you will love PiYo--I was so surprised by it. I always plan to incorporate it more then life gets in the way. I am trying to work at least one PiYo a week into my rotation next month. I'm not sure it Beachbody is streaming it or not. I really haven't looked into their streaming.

Jodi--at least you squeezed a workout in. 30 minutes is better than nothing and these days many trainers seem to think that is all you need. You are making me curious about these P57 workouts. What kind of workouts are they? Barre workouts?

Wed was leg day for me ..8 sets of barbell squats 3 sets of Bulgarian squats 1 set sumo squats 3 sets straight leg deads and 3 long sets of two legged calf raises with weight and two sets of single leg calf raises without weight. If I'm not careful I may start liking leg day....just kidding!! Thursday was chest day 12 sets of bench (pyramid) 2 sets of powerblock inclines 2 sets of powerblock flys, 50 incline set ups and finished with pushups...1 set and could only manage 13!!! That tells me chest day was a rousing SUCCESS!!!! Chest was FRIED!! Today was arm day 9 sets of tri supersetted with 9 sets bi Used tricep pushdowns with barbell curls..tricep extensions ( powerblocks) with powerblock curls and crossbody tri ext with concentration curls I used tricep pushups with bicep isolations for finishers. I will be taking Grandkids to Georgia for a family reunion Thursday therefore will double up next week with Back and shoulder Monday Chest and leg Tues and Arms Wed. I am making gains, have added size to my legs and arms and the weights keep going UP!! So far in the 2 months I have been back at it I have added about5 pounds and about an inch to arms 1.5 inches to quads and an inch to calves. I'm not ready for "THE ARNOLD" just yet but happy with the progress so far!! You ladies of these forums keep me motivated. I DON'T want to let my gender down!! Tom

Hi all!

Yesterday was Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps. Today is my rest day. I think maybe one more week of Gym Style before I move on. I want to see if I can up my weights for some of the exercises.

Jen, yes, P57 is barre. The two 30 minute workout I got are really tough. The hour long one is not as hard but I still like it. That being said, none of them have given me DOMS like the one I did from Bar Method on Sunday. I was still feeling my muscles ache while doing the P57 workout on Wednesday.

My mama cat and all her kittens have been adopted! Woohoo!

Hi Ladies- I'm still here. Last week's long weekend had me reevaluating my workout goals and current progress. Went to a holiday weekend shindig that had me in a bathing suit for the first time this year. While I am not overweight for my height, I felt "fluffier" and "softer" despite how hard I've been hitting the weights all winter. I felt very disappointed and discouraged. I started to question everything. Part of me wondered if I haven't been doing enough cardio along with my weight workouts. I've been so focused on doing heavy weights that I've only been doing dedicated cardio once a week or so. By the time Monday rolled around and it was time for me to hit the weights again, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to keep doing weight work. To give myself time to really think about everything, I decided it was time to take an active recovery week so this week I've been doing Pretty Fierce Endurance workouts plus one day of running.

I'm so glad I decided to take the recovery week. After five days of no weights, I can definitely say that I miss them! However, I do think it's time to mix things up a bit. I've been doing weight work about 5 times a week with one day of cardio for at least five months now. I think it's time to switch things up a little. I think my body needs to be shocked a bit. It's like they say--if you keep doing what you are doing you will keep getting what you got. I'm thinking about switching to a more traditional three day weight split (2 UB days, 1 lower body day) a week and then a variety of cardio on the remaining three days plus one day of rest. Cardio will probably be a mixture of hiit and steady state depending on how I'm feeling each day. Hmmm, maybe adding in some metabolic workouts probably wouldn't been a bad idea either because I haven't really been doing any of those lately. I'm still trying to decide on the exact rotation I am going to follow. I've been looking at some paper programs as well as some Cathe rotations (Xtrain is one that I'm seriously considering since all the xtrain rotations in the guidebook include a good mix of weights and a variety of cardio). I also have to take into count that I have that week long work trip coming up in a couple of weeks and then our vacation at the end of June so whatever rotation I pick, I will have some disruptions to work around and will need to be flexible. Once I get into July, things should hopefully calm down a bit from the travel standpoint and I can reevaluate where I am at.

Also looking back I think this was a good learning for me. I probably should have considered doing STS in the fall/early part of winter so that by the latter part of winter I could start doing more cardio and/or metabolic workouts to lean out before summer (i.e. bulked and then cut). I will definitely take this into consideration next fall and winter!

As for today, since I have not decided on my next rotation yet I am going to keep going on my recovery week with Pretty Fierce Total Body Endurance.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

This morning was High Step Challenge. I LOVE that workout! Cathe is my favorite trainer and I love so many of her workouts that it is always really hard for me to choose one that is my favorite--but if I had to, it would be HSC. Fun, tough and she hits every muscle group + you get cardio! The total package.

Jodi--I love Gym Styles. I think Gym Styles and the RwH upper split workouts are Cathe's most challenging (and effective) strength workouts. And she has a lot of them that are excellent! I even think they are better than any single STS week--tho not STS as a whole program. In June I am working some overtime again so I am trying to put together a rotation for June that works me hard but also takes into account that two weeks I will not be able to do doubles (SarBear--this actually relates to what you wrote about!). I am doing RwH next week; since I cannot do doubles I will hit the upper body brutally two days and every other day will either incorporate strength with HIIT cardio or will just be intense cardio. Then the other week I am working OT will be all metabolic workouts--Patrick Goudeau, Cathe and KCM. Then the two weeks I am not working OT in June will be Gym Styles one week and Amy Bento the other--with doubles for intense/HIIT cardio. I may work 2 weeks of OT again in July, so if I am happy with the way this works I will repeat the rotation with a few variations in July. I find it really hard to get all the strength and cardio I feel my body needs into a one hour a day workout. That's one of the reasons I do doubles. But to be honest--it's probably just a mental disorder on my part. :p

SarBear--I do understand what you are writing about. I workout very hard. I am always lifting heavy, I do lots of HIIT and metabolic workouts but my real issue is I don't do the work in the kitchen and I don't know if I ever will. I have no problem building muscle, but I also have a layer of fat over it. I am not overweight, but IMHO I look soft and squishy in spite of lots of muscle. In order to look like fitness models and trainers like Cathe, Jillian, etc--you have to do the work in the kitchen or be genetically gifted (I am not). My point is--it may have nothing to do with your workouts and even if you eat clean, you may be one of those folks, like me, who needs to eat a lower carb (not low carb--but much lower than what I currently consume) diet in order to look as cut as you probably are! I honestly wish I had the motivation and strength to clean up my diet to where I could see every muscle I know I own--but I don't. And I don't know if I ever will. And a foody husband who likes his wife a little softer doesn't help matters. :rolleyes:

SarBear and Jen, you both make good points about making changes and genetics. Here's another thing I take into consideration...I am not Cathe or Jillian or any other fitness guru who lives, eats, and sleeps fitness for a living. I've got to fit exercise and eating right into my regular life which can be hectic and things don't always go as planned. I do the best I can with the limited time I have to dedicate to fitness. Maybe someday when I retire from my current job and get a job as a fitness instructor (which I really would love to do!), I'll be as cut and fit as the pros.

Speaking of Jillian and not going as planned...I decided to try the two cardio workouts from Bodyshred today. The DVD for the tougher of the two workouts is defective! It goes through all the opening sequences but that's it, the DVD ends. There is no workout on it! I was very unhappy to say the least. So now I've got to check the rest of the DVDs, but I've had the set since February so who knows if I can any replacements this late. Errrr!

I did like the other cardio workout. Certainly not that difficult, but I did work up a good sweat. After that, I decided to go for a 2-mile walk just to change things up.

Mary and SarBear, good to hear from you!

Last edited:
oMorning ladies--and gentleman (sorry tslop49--I edited my post to correct my error!)! This morning was RwH Back, Shoulders & Biceps. I love that workout! My upper body is buring--in a good way. Yesterday I did Amy Bento's KB2. I so wanted to love that workout but was not impressed. I do want to give it another try, doing a few things differently, but overall I was dissappointed. This week I am working OT--so no doubles.

Jodi--I had a problem with the same BodyShred DVD, too. I did get it to work, but it took some timing. I would have to have my finger resting on "menu" on my remote and as soon as it got to the place where it normally would go to the menu screen (but it doesn't--mine just kept cycling through the intro)--I would hit and hold menu button. It always took several tries before my timing was right, but I did always mangage to get to the menu so I could play the workout. BTW--it is worth it! Cardio #2 is tough and intense! However, if you can get a replacement I would--so that you don't have to deal with the irritation of having to do something special just to play the DVD. However, the fact we both had the same problem with the same DVD makes me think it is a batch issue and a lot of them are affected.

Hello Mary! I love KCM's YBB workouts--I like to do them both in one workout. She really burns your muscles out in that one and with some unique exercises.

Last edited:
GoodMorning All(depending on geography) ...Yesterday I combined back and shoulder day,30 sets and GEEZE I'm getting old! I did back first and by the time I got to the end of shoulders I WAS POOPED!! My wife and I are taking the grandkids to a family reunion in South Carol0lina and I needed to double up to get my week in. Today will be LEG DAY and I am starting to "not dread " it at least and am seeing some "fruits of my labor"...yeah me!! Hope everyone has a great start to their week and let the "iron throwing" begin!!!

Hello Everyone,

11pm here and I thought i need to check in before heading to bed!:):)

Sarbear: Do not beat yourself up. We can all be motivated into training to look at our best having those cuts like models. In my opinion
perfection does not exist. We can read magasin advising nutrition plans and training regimen complimenting , put into
practice and still, not fail but get something. I am sure you are a role model for few people around who can not even
invest half time you spend taking care of yourself. So let's look at the positive side.

Jen: High Step challenge---That workout is so challenging and fun. I call it fast and furious:D. It's tough.
As to the kitchen, just try your best. For the cuts, precisely looking to gain similar cuts as fitness model or Cathe
We can all aim. Perfection does not exist anyway in my opinion. I am not looking for perfection. It strange but I have
had some coincidental bumping into people. Once was on a train from Brussels, I met a lady who is in fact Belgian bikini champion
Lol. She gave me her number and we promised to call each other for some training in the gym. She must be in Estonia right now european championship is taking place. Then I enquired for a newly renovated gym not far from where I live. The owner is a competitor coach o_Oo_O Strange!

Mary: I am glad to hear from you. what is KCM YBB?

Catwoman
: Hope you are enjoying P57. I have heard good comment about it.

Tslop49: OMG 8 sets of squat:eek::eek::eek:. Are you working out each group per day?
As per your last post on here, let's the "iron throwing" begin:D:D. so tomorrow will be lifting day for me.
Enjoy your time off to Georgia with your familly.

Last three days were:
  • Pedal max: Love this one, the resistance is really challengin. Music is great.
  • 4ds high intensity step plus core
  • imax2 this was today. This felt a little bit easier. Thanks to other tough cookies such as TTM,Imax3, Rwh circuits
Tomorrow I have muscle max lined up. I can not wait. It has been years. Should not have let that happen:(
I will be revisiting total compound before I restart STS. There are other workout I would like to do but too many but little
time.

That is all I have to share today.

Will report more soon:);)

Take care:)

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

11pm here and I thought i need to check in before heading to bed!:):)

Sarbear: Do not beat yourself up. We can all be motivated into training to look at our best having those cuts like models. In my opinion
perfection does not exist. We can read magasin advising nutrition plans and training regimen complimenting , put into
practice and still, not fail but get something. I am sure you are a role model for few people around who can not even
invest half time you spend taking care of yourself. So let's look at the positive side.

Jen: High Step challenge---That workout is so challenging and fun. I call it fast and furious:D. It's tough.
As to the kitchen, just try your best. For the cuts, precisely looking to gain similar cuts as fitness model or Cathe
We can all aim. Perfection does not exist anyway in my opinion. I am not looking for perfection. It strange but I have
had some coincidental bumping into people. Once was on a train from Brussels, I met a lady who is in fact Belgian bikini champion
Lol. She gave me her number and we promised to call each other for some training in the gym. She must be in Estonia right now european championship is taking place. Then I enquired for a newly renovated gym not far from where I live. The owner is a competitor coach o_Oo_O Strange!

Mary: I am glad to hear from you. what is KCM YBB?

Catwoman
: Hope you are enjoying P57. I have heard good comment about it.

Tslop49: OMG 8 sets of squat:eek::eek::eek:. Are you working out each group per day?
As per your last post on here, let's the "iron throwing" begin:D:D. so tomorrow will be lifting day for me.
Enjoy your time off to Georgia with your familly.

Last three days were:
  • Pedal max: Love this one, the resistance is really challengin. Music is great.
  • 4ds high intensity step plus core
  • imax2 this was today. This felt a little bit easier. Thanks to other tough cookies such as TTM,Imax3, Rwh circuits
Tomorrow I have muscle max lined up. I can not wait. It has been years. Should not have let that happen:(
I will be revisiting total compound before I restart STS. There are other workout I would like to do but too many but little
time.

That is all I have to share today.

Will report more soon:);)

Take care:)
Hi Nathalie, actually I did 11sets today and 1 long set of sumo squats...whew...then 3 sets of static lunges .....((never claimed to be bright) ! I have been doing a body part/day for about 10 years and , except for sts, I haven't done anything else! I think about trying xtrain or something else, but just can't pull the trigger. I'm only interested in weight work, so that leaves out the step stuff etc. I know I need to mix it up a little but I'm again getting great results, so it's hard to change. You know what they say about old dogs....

Hi all! Yesterday I tried Ballet Physique's Signature Sculpt for the first time. Wow! Another tough one! Every muscle on my backside from the top of my butt to the bottom of my calves is sore. My abs...they "hurt" if I cough! Now I see how people can get addicted to these barre workouts.

Today was Gym Style Chest & Triceps. I was able to up my weights on a few of the exercises. I didn't realize how much your abs come into play when working your chest!

Jen, that is weird about that DVD. I e-mailed customer service and they said they are sending me a replacement right away. Their quick response made me think that others had the same issue.

Tom, my son likes to do one body part a day too. He is 16 and I'm proud to say that "I" got him interested in lifting last summer doing Body Beast together. Now he does his own workouts, though a few times he has done RWH LIHI Legs. It makes him sore for days, haha. We are starting to see some muscle growth on his skinny frame. :D Congratulations to you on your progress!!! Why change if it's working, right?

Sarbear, I agree with what Nathalie said that perfection does not exist. And I think it's especially hard for women to achieve low body fat. I really just don't get the "how"s and "why"s. I'm about 7 lbs lighter and definitely smaller than I was a year ago when I was finishing up 5 months of STS. It was this time last year when I had the first of two leg injuries and so I haven't been able to do much cardio and almost no high impact for a whole year. While I have focused on upper body heavy weights and gained some definition (yay!) I'd say my core and lower body leaned out the most over the year (double yay!!). The only new change has been in my diet -- I cut wheat and other flours out of my diet; we make baked goods with almond and coconut flours. I don't have any food intolerances, I just thought I'd try it after reading The Wheat Belly. So I'm really kind of confused as to what workouts work best for me since I've been doing so much less intensity (as far as lower body and cardio) than the previous year. I hope you find the formula that works for you. Really, consistency is probably the most important. That, and how great working out make you feel. Love XTrain!

Nathalie, KCM YBB is Kelly Coffey Meyer's Your Best Body. A really nice weight workout with many premixes.

Jodi, yes! Ballet Physique's Signature Sculpt really made me sore too! I'm going to work my way up to that one. :D

I feel like I've been so busy! Last week I only worked out 3 times, I've been trying to get my neglected flower gardens in shape since I was in a cast last summer and didn't weed anything. So, I finally got a new rotation plan sketched out since winging it is not working for me. I am going to alternate the Barre3 set with Kettlebell Kickboxing, beginning with the Body series and then adding the Scorcher series. About every 10 days I'll do heavy weights with Cathe. I'm not sure how long I'll last with this, though, I love the heavy "iron throwing." I wouldn't mind a tiny bit less of upper body bulk but I certainly don't want to lose any definition.

My knee has been feeling incredibly great! Yesterday I began my new rotation with Kettlebell Kickboxing (KBKB) Legs. This morning I didn't have time for a workout, but I did some gardening this afternoon.

Hi Nathalie, actually I did 11sets today and 1 long set of sumo squats...whew...then 3 sets of static lunges .....((never claimed to be bright) ! I have been doing a body part/day for about 10 years and , except for sts, I haven't done anything else! I think about trying xtrain or something else, but just can't pull the trigger. I'm only interested in weight work, so that leaves out the step stuff etc. I know I need to mix it up a little but I'm again getting great results, so it's hard to change. You know what they say about old dogs....

:):):)

Hello Tom,

It is okay...As long what you do work and help in gaining mass, carry on. Reading your previous post, it sounds like you need to lift for mass.
Sounds like you need a lifetime commitment. Lol that is a second marriage:D
Try X-train Burnset. I think you will like it:):). You can do one body part x-train. Not sure if you are into blending cathe's
workout. x-train,Burnset is 10 reps, you can really go heavy. It is a hypertrophy set, just what
you need.

No step for you it is fine. For us women step is needed for leg work. We need to pound leg hard and from various
activities to gain result. For me personally, variety keeps me going. spinning, step, weight light and heavy are all good
for me.:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.