Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

SarBear--apparently it did go to my junk mail file, even tho I was checking it--I didn't recognize it for some reason. Anyway! They are sending me a new one now, too!

Jodi--Sean the Bachelor? I did BB and I don't recall that. My husband has decided he is buy RIPT90 on payday--he is sold on it. So I will have it too!

This morning was Tabatacise--all 5 tabatas + Core 1.

Today is my rest day.

Jen, the blonde one that Sagi calls Barbie and makes fun of quite a bit is Sean Lowe. He was first on the Bachelorette season with Emily and then was chosen to be the Bachelor for the next season. He actually married the girl he ended up picking. He also was on Dancing With The Stars. Yes, I'll reluctantly admit to watching the Bachelor!

What really interested me about RIPT90 was there were workouts dedicated to just one muscle group, like just the back or just the chest. I figured at the length they are, they must be pretty thorough. I also like that some of the other workouts are shorter and could be used as add ons. But, there is not much info to go on for the set, so the whole thing could turn out to be junk. I figured at that price, even if I like just half the workouts, it's still a pretty good deal.

Today was treadmill day. Some country music for today...Sam Hunt and Brett Eldridge.

Yesterday I was a little disappointed that I felt no DOMS from the BB workout. Well, I'm feeling it today! My back, biceps and even forearms are really sore.

Today is a rest day. Yesterday I did P90X2's Back & Base + X2 Ab Ripper.

Jodi--that's the same thing that interested me--how the workouts isolate muscle groups and I like the lengths. Hoping it is a good program--and you're right, for the price, even if a few of them are worth my while makes it worth it. My husband is interested in it for the length of the workouts and the ones that focus on muscle groups. So between the two of us, I'm sure it will be worth it. More 5 star reviews have posted on it Amazon in just the past few days.

Hi Ladies--haven't had a chance to check in over the past few days. Let's see....Friday I did 4DS All Upper Body premix. Then yesterday I pulled out Shaun T's Rockin' Body and did the Dance Party workout and then the 5 min ab workout from his Hip Hop Abs series. I decided to pull these out after seeing the preview for his new series CIZE dance workout series that comes out in a few months. I enjoy dancing (despite my lack of rhythm) so I'm pretty excited for his new series. Then today it was back to heavy weights with STS M3 W3 Chest and Back. I can't believe how much stronger I have gotten over the past year when I look back to my weight amounts the I used the last time I did STS.

I can't decide what rotation to start next once I finish STS. I cannot wait for them to get the workout blender working for the Cathe's OnDemand service. There are so many awesome sounding rotations from FitnessFreak that I would love to try out. Since she pulls segments from various Cathe videos, it will be so much easier to do her rotations once the workout blender is up and running for the OnDemand service.

Today was Tracey Mallett's The Booty Barre Plus Abs & Arms. This one was a bit different from the other barre stuff I've been trying. Tracey focuses on both the strength aspect of barre plus the flexibility of it. Some of the moves were more dynamic with a flow to them to focus on lengthening and stretching out the muscles. It didn't seem as torturous as other barre workouts, but I was dripping sweat during it and my legs are sore now. This was another long one - 80 minutes - so something would have to be cut if I did it during the week. Overall, another good find.

SarBear, I have no rhythm either, and I know I must look so goofy doing some of the more dancy barre moves, but I still try to give it my all!

This morning was P90X2's V Sculpt. Another excellent workout--I'm really liinge the phase 2 P90X2 workouts. Planned doubles is JMBS Fire Up.

I really need to get my diet under control. The scale has gone up and I am not happy with myself. Starting today I am working hard on actually eating better/less.

Hello Ladies,

I still have not had my tests done. I am feeling better. I decided not only to have blood test but also
to have an appointment with a dietician/nutritionist to get to the bottom of my food selection. I feel it is high
time I get this sorted once and for all.

Sarbear: Dancing is good. I love social dancing too. I need to get back into it.
it is a great way to loosen up the hip. I too am waiting for the blender to be fully operational so I can blend my
workout. I am also hopping the workout manager will get revamped. I have always noticed loading customised rotation
to be too tedious and complicated. I gave up loading my own rotations. Not complaining I know there is a lot of work
being done.

Jen: Same here when it comes to diet. I am planning to get my excel logsheet ready before I re-start STS.
I need to turn myself into an OCD..Hope I can get some tips from you. I need to track to the letter.:oops::eek:
My trousers are looser though. I am back to the same level of weight before travelling and stopping working at home!
So as soon I resumed with my normal eating habit, all extras came off. I just need to push harder. Because I am
restarting STS, i am eager to clean my nutritious even more. Everytime I embark on a structured lifting program
I get excited and get into making sure nothing get left out/neglected. So I want my shopping done, my toys lol prepared and ready
for full mental focus.Jen are you re-starting STS fall/winter?

Marie, healing 11 and catwoman, Hope you are all well.

My last three day's workout were as follows:
  • RwH Back, biceps and shoulders.
  • Pedal Max class on cathe live.
  • RwH, chest, biceps and shoulders.
I have had major DOMS from this series. Those set do really add up. finishers were named this way not lightly lol.
I have to admit, I love the feeling I am having on my chest. I know I need to work harder on my chest. it is not my
best muscle group. So I lifted lighter than the filming. I will have to work my way up to it:(:(:(
But it is working cause my ribcage all the way to serratus minor is talking to me as I am typing. Never had this
before. I am feeling my chest better these days.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Today I did Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I also did the XTrain 100 rep challenges for scarecrows and triceps and did my own 100 rep challenge for chest presses. Love this workout! It may be old, but it's still a great weight workout. I went heavier than Cathe but still not as heavy as I could because the reps are pretty fast.

Jen and Nathalie, what is your biggest downfall when it comes to your diet? Mine is sweets for sure. You would think the answer would be to just not buy them, but I can't help myself sometimes. I really feel like I'm addicted to chocolate! I tell myself if I buy it, I'll just eat a piece or two, but one or two always turns into more. I've been so good about getting rid of added sugars elsewhere in my diet, but I can't seem to break that sweets habit.

Today I did my first STS legs workout with the squat rack I got for xmas! Holy DOMs, I'm going to be feeling it tomorrow! I haven't been doing the STS leg workouts for Meso 3 (been subbing in other leg workouts for the fun of it), but now I'm a little sad that I haven't been doing the squat rack workouts. I used a larger bar than my normal 5-lber and had to take a wild guess at how much weight to put on it since I had no idea how much the bar actually weighed. Wowsers, I was feeling it after the first set---in a good way of course! It was so nice to be able to squat heavier than usual since I didn't have to heave the whole darn thing up and over my shoulders. I will definitely be adding more of these leg workouts into my workout schedule in the future. I also need to carry our bathroom scale downstairs so I can figure out how much that darn bar weighs. It's not Olympic size, but it's definitely larger and heavier than my lil 5 lb bar.

Nathalie--glad to hear you are feeling better!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better Nathalie. As for STS, no formal plans yet, but fall/early winter actually does sound like a good time to revisit it. I will probably start laying out the second half of the year in June. Is that when you are planning to do it? I dread doing the 1RM again but I know it is necessary and I have to do it. So I will have to account for time for that, too.

I did really good diet-wise yesterday and I felt much better this morning but sadly it was hard. I have to stick with it consistently tho! Jodi--my real problem is weekends, but it also carries over into my not doing damage control M-F like I used to. My body is different now and it has been for a very long time--my weight has been climbing, too. I am 44 years old now and regardless of how much I workout, how much muscle I pack on (and I know I am muscular), I don't have the metabolism I used to. I used have cheat meals every weekend then do damage control M-F and maintain my weight. Well, I have now found that #1, I need to be more careful even with my cheat meals and not let them turn into binge-fests or cheat weekends. And #2, I need to do damage control! I eat well M-F, but I don't restrict my calories like I used to, so tho the scale goes up on the weekends, it doesn't always drop back to where it was during the week. it drops--just not like it used to because I am eating more of a maintenance diet M-F. Well, in order to get myself back to a weight/size where I am comfortable I not only need to restrict myself on the weekends but I need to reduce my calories M-F. I ate 1400 calories yesterday and the scale was down 3.5 pounds this morning. Of course, yesterday morning the scale was at an all time high for me after a big cheat meal this weekend, so I know all of it wasn't fat I lost. It was a big Mexican meal at a restaurant so it was loaded with sodium and I know a lot of that weight was water retention. Nevertheless I haven't seen that scale that high in more than a decade so I was horrified and knew I had to do something Stat! It will be very hard for me tho. I can handle the restriction of calories M-F, but the weekends are so very hard for me. My husband is a foody and a food pusher. He insists on going out to eat at least once every weekend and gets upset when I don't want to indulge. On top of that, I don't seem to have the willpower in restaurants that I used to and I give in so easily! I KNOW how to eat properly in a restaurant, I just need to DO it! So those are my two goals/plans right now. Restrict calories M-F and do not indulge on the weekends.

SarBear--definitely weigh your barbell. I had to get a longer one to fit my squat rack and that sucker weighs 20 pounds by itself! I loved doing the squat rack legs routines. But I am also partial to plyo legs. I adore plyo legs. The first time I did STS I did plyo legs only, but the second time I did both plyo legs and squat rack legs each week. Man did I burn my legs out!

Last edited:
Today was Ilaria's Powerstrike Kickboxing 6. I love, love, love this workout! It's a ton of straight-up , no-nonsense punching and kicking with easy to follow combos. It's exactly what I want in a kickboxing workout. And the muscles on Ilaria are amazing...I'm envious!

Jen, the weekend is also a problem for me. We go out to eat every Friday night, and I try to make good choices but that doesn't always happen. Than on Saturday, the hubby cooks, and he is not always overly concerned about making a healthy meal. Of course, what he makes is delicious, and I have no room to complain because I don't cook. I always tell myself I'll make up for it during the week. It's really a vicious cycle.

Today I did P57, the 57 minute full body workout. Such fun. I know a lot of reviewers find the instructor annoying, but she's growing on me.

Yesterday I did STS, M3, W3 biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Unfortunately, I think I have injured the tendons in my forearms again. I think it actually happened week 1 of this meso cycle and I've just been aggravating the issue by not giving the area any rest. I think I must have gotten a little overzealous in my weight selection for bicep work at the start of Meso 3. I tried working through the pain yesterday (stupid idea, I admit), then I tried dropping down in weight substantially, and then towards the end of the workout I finally started skipping the bicep exercises altogether because the pain was too much. I know I need to just let the area (which is surely inflamed now) rest and quit being so stubborn. Thankfully, no other exercises other the bicep ones in this Meso cycle seem to aggravate the issue so I think I can still finish out the rest of STS. I will just need to skip any bicep work for a little bit. I'm so frustrated at myself because I had been doing so well with my versa grips! Oh well, I suppose it could be worse.

Today was supposed to be a full day of rest, however, some of my coworkers talked me into buying a rebounder/mini trampoline (the same coworkers that talked me into getting a fitbit last month). Mine arrived last Saturday and I have to admit I am already in love with it. While it's not as tough of a workout as more traditional forms of cardio, it is a lot of fun. I don't plan on replacing my cardio days with it. I'm using it more as a way to quickly get in some extra steps each day (which I desperately need since I work a desk job all day) and stress relief. I like turning on pandora or a music channel on TV and just bouncing and dancing around for a little bit. I'm sure I look completely ridiculous, but that's what's great about working out at home---you can dance like nobody is watching! :) Anywho-I got on mine tonight with the intention of only bouncing for about 30 minutes and ended up having so much fun that I did it for over an hour!

Oh and I received my replacement DVD today from Moms into Fitness/PFLO. Of course I immediately tested it and thankfully it works!! Hopefully, I'll be able to work it into my workout schedule in the near future.

Hello everyone! I didn't stop by yesterday so yesterday's workouts were Kickbox Burn in the morning and doubles was JMBS Triumph in the afternoon. I think that was my favorite BodyShred workout so far. This morning was X2 Chest + Shoulders + Tris and planned doubles is Les Mills Combat 30 Live.

SarBear that $ucks about hurting yourself!!!!! I know how frustrating that is! I also know about working through it and making it worse! I did that during my second round of STS--I totally messed up my wrists and had to take a whole month of doing metabolic strength workouts to let my wrists heal.

Is Mary still with us?

Today I did LIHI Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. I know I say this every time, but I sure do love this workout. My upper body feels like spaghetti right now! LOL. Because I'm trying to lay off any motions that focus on the biceps and thus in turn aggravate my forearms, I used my barbell and bench for all the chest presses. That way I didn't have to make any sort of hammer curl-like motions to get dumbbells on my lap the way you do when you are setting up to do chest presses with DB's. I used DB's for the chest flys but made paid extra attention when lifting them onto my lap so that I didn't annoy my forearms. Thankfully, I was able to make it through the entire workout without causing any pain in my forearms/wrists! So at least I should be able to continue on weight training as I have been just without any bicep curls for awhile.

Today was Pure Strength Back, Biceps & Abs. Another good one! The ab section was nothing to write home about, but I am sore from yesterday's P57 core work so I was feeling it today.

I was outside at work today and noticed some of the guys had set up one of those racks that you can do pull ups, chin ups, dips, etc on. I figured, what the heck, let me try a pull up. Yeah, that wasn't happening. I could lift myself up a few inches but that was it. I guess that's a goal I can set...one whole pull up! Sounds pretty sad.

SarBear, I'm glad you can still do some weight work with your injury, and that LIHI workout is one great workout. So tough and DOMS for days!

Jen, I was wondering about Mary also. I was thinking of sending her a FB message just to make sure she's ok.

Yesterday Was RwH Lower Body Circuit + Abs 1 and this morning was X2 Balance & Power.

If your still at least reading the check in Mary--I hope you're doing ok and you're knee is doing ok.

How are you feeling Nathalie?

Jodi--I need to work on pull ups. I have the whole set up in my workout room and even have an assist but I have been avoiding it. In fact, doing P90X2, I've gone straight to using the bands rather than pull ups. But since I plan to start STS up again in the fall, I need to work out pull ups with the assist so that I can incorporate it into STS.

SarBear, glad to hear you are finding modifications that are working around your injury! Just be careful!

Btw--my husband bought RIPT90 and it just arrived today. So now I have to figure out how to sample that one! Too many workouts! Not enuf time! I do still plan to create an STS/Body Beast rotation to start in the fall still. So many workouts. So little time.

SarBear--how long did it take you to receive your replacement DVD from Mom's into Fitness? I sent them my address more than a week ago and I have not received anything yet.

Hello all! Yesterday was my rest day and today was treadmill with music from Sam and Brett again.

Jen, I wish I could find a pull up bar to fit in the doorways at my house but no luck so far. My house is really old so the widths and the trim of the doorways are not normal sizes. I've always used bands as a substitute. I did some research on pull ups, and the interesting thing I found was that the most recommended back exercises to strengthen your back to do a pull up are all the exercises in the RWH back workout. I need to revisit that one! Also, advice was to practice just hanging. Not with your shoulders up around your ears but a controlled hang, using your back to keep your shoulders down and back. Again, wish I had a place to do that at home.

My RIPT90 also came in, but I have no idea when I'll get to it. I'm really enjoying my current rotation with the mix of barre and heavy weights so I hate to quit that yet. I also have Bodyshred to try, but maybe I could mix that in with RIPT90. Yes, just too many workouts!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.