Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Nathalie--I agree with Mary. Patrick's best metabolic workouts are Body Weight Blast, Extreme Calorie Burn and Lean Hot Body. I think all of those make it possible to use good weight selections to get a great workout. Body Weight Blast especially--you can go moderately heavy on that one. It is my favorite of Patrick's workouts. And Kickbox Burn is awesome, too, but that's a different kind of workout. Hardwork Conditioning 2 is very, very challenging--maybe the hardest of all of his workouts that I have done, but it has the weight selection problem.

Today was S & H Shoulders and RWH Plyo HiiT 2. I was a little worried about doing Plyo 2...a slight dread factor thinking about how hard it is and worrying I wouldn't remember the step routine. I almost talked myself out of it, but I'm so glad I didn't! It didn't seem as tough as I was remembering and I followed along no problem. I've really missed Cathe and the gang!

Jen, you mentioned the high step workouts, and I've been so tempted to get them through the Total Fitness spring sale. I don't think it's over yet so I may cave yet again...oh boy!

Mornin' Ladies! Good news, steals.com wrote me back and they were more than happy to send me a replacement disc. There was no mention of their 3-day policy so I am beyond ecstatic with their customer service! The replacement disc should be here on Thursday--Yea!!!

I'm strapped for time right now so I'll check in later with my workout details from the past few days.

Jodi--Cathe has so many workouts I love, I always have a hard time putting them in order of my favorites, tho I do have to say, the two high step workouts are near the very top. They are tough and fun and I have always loved high stepping and cardio+strength circuit workouts--so they are perfect, IMHO.

SarBear-- that's good to know that Steals.com will work with you. I'm glad to hear that in case mine have a problem. Tho I guess I'm $crewed if the one I got on ebay is hosed!

Mary--I got Amy Bento's Slo Mo based on your previous posts! Haven't done it yet. I had it scheduled for the end of this month. )o: Hoping I can get back on track. I am excited to try it. My husband is actually interested in trying it too.

This morning was Xtrain Legs all leg premix. My legs feel weak. Its been a while since I did that one and my endurance has decreased on the floor work. I was crapping out near the end. I plan to do doubles the next two days. Today is KCM's Cardio Blast workout #1.

My shoulder/neck is still bothering me. I am worried I will not be back on track next week and have to do another lower body/cardio week. )o: Not happy about that. It feels wrong to not work my upper body at all.

This morning I did Ruah Warrior - Lower Body and Stretch (low energy day). I have been doing PT exercises twice a day for a few days now and I'm actually feeling it a little. :)

SarBear - I'm so glad to hear of the good customer service that you are getting. It's only right. A defective disc is not like "I changed my mind" sort of a thing.

Jen - Slo Mo, for me, has quite a lot of unique moves and she does different rep patterns for sets. Obviously I haven't tried the Legs workout, but I really like the DVD! Hang in there, Jen. I know how you feel about not working your upper body. It's hard to change a mindset. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Yesterday I ordered Ilaria's Atletica 2 and 3!! ... and 2 Ballet Physiques, Aero Barre, ACE Hiit, and Suzanne Bowen's Tighten Tone & Torch. (and there are more that I still want!) Today I'm feeling kind of tired so I feel like I should order more intermediate workouts, hehe. Jodi, I'm trying not to cave again. :p

Today I did Ballet Body Lower Body Workout by Leah Sarago. Oh my...this workout was like torture. I loved it! Haha! My legs and butt still feel like they're on fire. I have visions of trouble sitting and walking tomorrow. :eek:

SarBear, that's great news about the defective DVD!

Jen, do you think you might need to have your shoulder examined or do you think more rest will be enough? Hopefully, just a little more rest will do the trick. I do love XTrain Legs!

Well, I have 3 Cathe workouts sitting in my cart at Total Fitness. :) The sale ends on the 10th so I'm just holding off until the last minute in case I want more. I wanted to order Slo Mo but it's out of stock. Mary, do you have Amy Bento's Drop Sets workout? It's a pyramid style workout, but it seems to have gotten mixed reviews.

Today I did 5 miles of intervals on the treadmill. Doing a five day fitbit step challenge with some coworkers so I needed the extra steps! haha. Monday I did the other UB workout (biceps, triceps, and shoulders) for M3, W1. I went as heavy as I could and boy were my muscles screaming at me yesterday and had to take a rest day! I was taking a closer look at the schedule for M3 and had completely forgotten that you repeat the same exercises for the entire month, so I think I am going to stick it out and finish up STS now that I have all my W1 weights worked out. One of these days I am going to do all the prep work before starting and figure out my 1 rep max so I can just print out the worksheets and go. I'm always so impatient and want to start the program asap. :)

This morning was Imax 2 and planned doubles is KCM's Body Training workout #1.

Jodi--I don't think a doctor is going to tell me to do anything new. I did some research yesterday and it is my trapezius that is apparently strained. It is better--I actually have full range of motion again but I still feel it, particularly when bending my neck to the side (ear to shoulder). I have actually worked my upper body with a strained trapezius before--I was just very careful. However it was never as bad as it was last week. I'm going to stick with my plan this week, try to do some yoga on Sunday and if I still can't do a chatarrunga, then I may need to re-evaluate.

SarBear--it is a big time suck to do the 1RM--I will not lie, but it was definitely worth it! It is kind of a deterrent to me now when I think about doing STS again. I will have to do 1RM all over again.

Jodi--I'm actually interested in May Bento's Drop Sets, too! I also saw the mixed reviews. Plus I wanted to wait until I tried Slo Mo to see if I even like her as a trainer. But I have been considering that one as well!

Mary, you'll have to tell me what you think of your new workouts. I am especially interested in your opinion of the ones I already own. (ACE HIIT and the Atletica workouts) I didn't even go to that Total Fitness DVD sale. I have too much of a problem hoarding workout DVDs. I am currently following two systems on ebay. Oh, I won't lie. I've placed bids. There is a part of me that hopes I am outbid because I DO NOT NEED MORE! And yet, I want them. And if I get them for my max bid then I will have gotten some awesome deals!

Jen, I have one workout by AB, All Pump. It's a short (about 45 min) total body workout with weights, and if you go heavy enough, it's a decent workout. She is pleasant enough and encouraging. I haven't done the workout in ages, but I still remember how much she would say, "Phew!" like she was just exhausted the whole time. Pretty funny. I was interested in Slo Mo when it first came out, but never got it. Now, I can only find it used on Amazon. I may just bite the bullet and get it there.

Today was S & H Triceps and Biceps. My arms are fried!!

I now have added two kickboxing workouts to my Total Fitness cart, and a certain someone's awesome blog helped me choose them. ;)

This morning was Legs & Glutes. My lower body is fried! From today and this week overall! It is kind of comforting to return to almost all Cathe workouts every day (and KCM for doubles). I can't explain it, but even tho I love other trainers, too, doing primarily Cathe is somehow comforting. Even when she is frying my legs.

Which two kickboxing workouts did you get Jodi? And I ended up ordering Dropsets used yesterday. It was cheap. Why not? Plus, I lost both of the items I was bidding on on ebay. A good things, really. But I did want them. I'm just not willing to pay what they cost new.

and a certain someone's awesome blog helped me choose them. ;)

:D Yup, that's why I got Atletica 2 and 3! Thanks Jen. I want to do one this week.

Jodi, I don't have Amy's Drop Sets. Slo Mo is the only one of hers that I've tried. I have a few more ASC2, ASC3, 10MS, a kettlebell (haven't done any yet). Drop Sets would be the next one I'd buy, but I'm MUCH more inclined to get KCM's two new releases with Pyramids. I missed the pre-sale, darn it.

This morning I did:
Body Beast Bulk Chest
ACE Hiit 30-Minute Upper Body Hiit
heart.gif

I'd been thinking about getting ACE Hiit for a long time now. Just got it yesterday and I'm really happy with it. I used all the low impact modifications and it was still a good workout because you also use weights and body weight exercises (AWT). I like Chris and the music too. It will make for an even better workout when I can do high impact again! I'm looking forward to doing the other workouts in this series.

Jen, do you know of any other workouts like ACE Hiit that I can do right now that's low impact? This is the reason why I snapped up those Atletica workouts.

Today is my resy day. Really enjoyed this past week of workouts!

Jen, I got Ilaria's (don't ask me to spell her last name) Powerstrike 6 and Susan Chung's first RapidFire one. I love Powerstrike 4 because it is just good, straightforward punching and kicking, not a lot of fancy combos to learn, so thought I'd give 6 a try. I liked your description of 6 more than 5. I've always wanted to try Susan's stuff, and your review made the first one sound like what I was looking for, nothing too fancy or hard to learn. I really wanted to try Kickbox Burn also, but it was out of stock.

I also got Cathe's High Step Training, High Step Challenge, and Pure Strength Series.

I held off on Drop Sets, but I'm one click away from ordering Slo Mo on Amazon. Like I need any more new workouts!

Hi Ladies- yesterday I did PFLO's UB Endurance + plus one of the core workouts from PFWL and then this morning I did Cathe's Live Push/Pull workout from last week. Speaking of PFLO---so I received my replacement today. Steals.com ended up sending me entire new set and not just the one DVD I needed. I immediately popped in the LB Strength DVD to test and alas, it is defective just like the last one!!! I just emailed customer service back to see what they suggest now. Jen, you may want to test yours sooner rather than later in case every set in their inventory has the same defective disc. I really need to sit down and test all the DVDs from both sets just to be safe!

This morning I did a new workout - Ballet Physique Signature Sculpt. Nice and challenging with a different feel than Suzanne's Barre Amped and Turbo Barre.

Well, I did it -- I placed another Total Fitness order yesterday. Three from Tracie Long Reboot 1 & 2 and Defined Lines and 3 of Chris Freytag's Prevention DVDs (really cheap). I really liked ACT Hiit and I think these will be nice low intensity workouts for when I start exercising without my knee brace.

Every so often I take a look at my Cathe collection and other than upper body weights and Turbo Barre there isn't much I should attempt right now. Complete healing of my knee will take a year. I have 8 months to go. So I'm going to try hard to keep that in mind because I want to be back at 100% without more injuries so I can do more Cathe! The worst part is that I feel like taking it up a few notches.

Thanks for the heads up SarBear. I just checked PFLO Lower Body Strength and mine is defective too. I just emailed Steals.com. Was that the only one that is defective?

This morning was Kick Max. I forgot what an awesome workout that is! Unfortunately the hook punches were hurting my shoulder and it is aching again. )o: I am so very unhappy. I'm still going to try yoga tomorrow and see what happens. But if I can't I may have to go another week with no upper body. I don't understand because I have full range of motion and many things don't hurt--like jumping jacks and other arm movements. I wonder if I can still do upper body work with some modification on certain moves--or even using lighter weights. It was only the hook punches that were hurting this morning. I know I need to be smart about my shoulder/neck but I am really getting upset about not working my upper body!

Mary--I have been meaning to do ACE HIIT again--it's been a while since I did it. I remember really enjoying it. Off the top of my head I think Mindy Mylrea's HIITs are similar. Not in content, but in the ability to either easily do low impact or they are already low impact. I believe she shows low impact modifications for every HIIT. Here are reviews for the two workouts of hers I own: Mind Mylrea.

Jodi--you got some awesome workouts at that sale! I love all of them! I actually have a rotation I created (but have not yet done) of all Ilaria workouts. Atletica's 3x a week, alternated with PowerStrike and BodyStrike workouts and using Atletica 4 and Abs & Push Ups Plus as doubles. I'd actually really love to do that rotation, but it always gets pushed back for something else (usually a new workout or program!).

Today was the treadmill. Jessie J and Kelly were the musical inspiration.

That's such a shame about the defective PFLO DVDs! They must have a bad batch at steals.com. Hopefully they can resolve it somehow for the both of you.

I am glad that sale is over because I could have started a whole new pile in my cart! Mary, I had been eyeing the Ballet Physique workout, but I wanted to try all the other new ones I got before buying more barre stuff. Was the one you tried as challenging as the Leah Sarago workout? I really liked how tough that one was!

Oh, and I did order Slo Mo yesterday. It wasn't that expensive so I hated to pass it up.

Jen-Ugh, that's a bummer that yours is defective too!!! It definitely sounds like they got a bad batch of DVD's. Hopefully they will come up with a resolution quickly though. I have not tested all of the videos yet, so I'm hoping that's the only one that doesn't work. Really really need to focus myself to just sit down and test them all, especially since I bought both PFLO & PFWL from them.

Today was a treadmill day for me too Jodi! Tomorrow, I'll be back at STS.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.