Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

This morning was X2 Yoga! Whoo-hoo! I did tons of chatarungas! Pain free! Now, I still feel some mild pain/achy-ness in my shoulder/neck area off and on, but it is not affecting my ability to do things anymore. So I am starting my P90X2/Body Shred rotation back up tomorrow. I am excited to be back on track!

I heard back from Steals.com. They said they were going to contact the manufacturer and would get back to me Monday or Tuesday. I really need to go through and check every single disk, but I haven't had time.

Hello Ladies,

I am not feeling good at all...I have a cold and need to take hayfever tablet.
Every year at this time (March-April) I have hayfever. Sinuses are blocked, itchy and running eyes etc...
What is annoying is I am feeling drained. Not sure what is causing it. I need a blood test.
My energy has been drastically fluctuating throughout last two weeks affecting my training.
My sugar level could be low.

:(:(:(:(
Hoping to resume my training Tuesday. In meatime It is so hard to read you all having fun:(

Jen: I am glad you are up and running now. Enjoy;)

Take care,

Last edited:
This morning's workout was awesome! I did Body Beast Arms (music by Shinedown) :D and KCM TLC Workout 1 Boxing.

Nathalie, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so awful. I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care and rest.

Jen, it's great to hear you are getting back to your regular workouts again!

Jodi, I can safely say Ballet Physique Signature Sculpt is as hard or harder than Leah's Ballet Body Lower Body (and the set is nicer, hehe). I don't think I've ever been so sore from a barre workout before - my glutes and a little soreness in the sides of my hips. Of course, it could be different for you. This may be one of my favorite barre wo's that I have, so far - I love the glute DOMS!!! I hope BP Amped Up is just as good, though it is a little shorter. Gee, now I feel impelled to check out the P57 workouts! :rolleyes:

I just found out that I have a barre. My Valor rack is set up for pull/chin-ups and the next lower set of bar rests is at the perfect barre height. Haha, it took me long enough to discover this but I'm thrilled. :D

Today was Suzanne Bowen's BarreAmped Bootcamp. Loved it! I'd say this was pretty close to being as tough as Turbo Barre. In the arm section I had to drop down from 8's to 5's...felt like such a wuss! I had to take a second a few times during the leg stuff to regain my composure. When I previewed some of the workout, the legs of one of the exercisers was shaking terribly, and I thought, oh, she is really hamming it up for the camera. Uh, no, she wasn't...my legs were doing the same thing! For the core section you do a bunch of plank stuff so once again your upper body is getting worked hard. The only negative...the total workout is about 75-80 minutes long. I usually don't have that much time so I'd have to leave off some section to get it closer to an hour.

Mary, now you really have me intrigued about the Ballet Physique stuff! Can't wait to hear about the other workout. I plan to do two other P57 workouts this week. So far I'd have to say while the one P57 I did was super fun, it was not nearly as tough as BarreAmped or Ballet Body.

Nathalie, so sorry about your hayfever and low energy. Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon.

Yay to you, Jen, for feeling better! I'm looking forward to hearing more about Bodyshred.

I've noticed that RWH Lift it Hit It workouts get you during the workout at the end I feel it immediately. STS gets me the next day. The morning after an STS workout, I feel pretty wiped out, really don't want to get out of the bed. Once I'm up and moving I'm good. I'm not complaining. I absolutely love STS. No guesswork just follow the rotation. I'm just noticing the way the two programs feel different for my body. Anyone else notice the same thing?? Or understand why that happens???

Good mornings! This morning I did P90X2 Chest + Back + Balance. Planned doubles is JMBS Ignite.

I'm so sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Nathalie. Take care! Rest and recover! I hope you are back at it soon!

healing 11--I'm not sure what you mean? DOMS? I had it with both of them!

Today was BB Tempo Chest & Tris. Love this workout, and Sagi is such a character! I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to match the weights I had previously used, but it wasn't a problem. Now that's not to say it was easy. Yikes, no! I will be feeling it tomorrow.

Yesterday was STS M3, W2 Chest and Back. I am so happy that I decided to finish out this rotation of STS. I am really enjoying going super heavy with low reps. I've gotten so much stronger since the last time I did STS. I've been toying around with the idea of adding more barre and/or lower body floor work to my weekly workouts to hit the leg muscles a little differently than I've been doing with more traditional heavy weight leg workouts so today I did TA's Mat Workout. TA is not really a fav instructor of mine, the workout was free on youtube so I decided to give it a shot. Despite her lack of actual instruction during the video (which drives me absolutely nuts), the workout moves for the lower body definitely did their job because the soreness is already setting in. I'm not going to give up my heavy squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc. any time soon...but I would like to incorporate more workouts like that (although not necessarily TA workouts) more into my rotations.

Healing11--I know exactly what you mean! The RwH Hit it workouts completely fry my muscles and I usually start feeling DOMs within a few hours of the workout, particularly the chest workout! Those finishers just do me in like no other! I feel DOMs with STS too, however, not usually until the next day. Love love love both programs though! I love that Cathe gives us so many options/variety.

Nathalie--so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. My sinuses/allergies go crazy this time of the year as well. Get plenty of rest and before you know it you will be back at it.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Today was Suzanne Bowen's BarreAmped Bootcamp. Loved it! I'd say this was pretty close to being as tough as Turbo Barre. In the arm section I had to drop down from 8's to 5's...felt like such a wuss! I had to take a second a few times during the leg stuff to regain my composure. When I previewed some of the workout, the legs of one of the exercisers was shaking terribly, and I thought, oh, she is really hamming it up for the camera. Uh, no, she wasn't...my legs were doing the same thing! For the core section you do a bunch of plank stuff so once again your upper body is getting worked hard. The only negative...the total workout is about 75-80 minutes long. I usually don't have that much time so I'd have to leave off some section to get it closer to an hour.

Lol catwoman...I know that horrible feeling. Just keep at it. First time I did Turbo I kicked myself mentally.
I then purposely did a 4 weeks turbo and at the end I was fine. I completed all program confidently and felt I controlled all the
reps with my chest and chin up.Barre hit muscles differently and it is a good way of shaking things up.:):)

It is half past nine European central time I have just finished Rwh Leg lift it.

Jen here are my loads just to give you an idea.
I like to list my load so we can encourage each other ;)

• Static lunges:6.4kg/14Lbs
  • Squat: 11.2/13.5kg/
  • cross back lunges same as static lunges.
  • Deadlift 11.2/13.5kg
  • Plie squat 15.8kg/18.1kg 40pounds
40/35Lbs on plie sound heavy but somehow I felt I needed to push a little bit for my inner thighs.
I need to work hard on those to gain what I want. I was right cause but the time I got to do
Lower body explosive side lunges later on throughout the program, I felt my inner thighs stretching/responding.
So I am happy to tame:eek::eek: this 40pound animal again, next time I visit this disc again Lol. This program should get us even stronger.
What makes a difference is using a heavy load for longer reps. These longer reps makes the body work harder
and hopefully it should get us stronger.

Thanks ladies for your messages, I did rest but today I was dying inside and wanted to move.
I wanted to add 3 tabatas but I will leave it for today. I won't resume with my usual routines till I get my blood test result.
I feel my body is not processing sugar properly at the moment. Last three weeks, I have been feeling tired
as soon as I ate a post workout meal. I can recall oat meal. Today I had something different for post workout.
I had some chicken with vegetable soup. I am fine. My energy has not slumped .

I am waiting for a letter from a good friend of mine who is a doctor so I can head to hospital
in few days. By the end of this week hopefully I will know what is causing a fluctuation in my energy.

Hope read from you all soon.

Kind Regards:)

Yesterday was STS M3, W2 Chest and Back. I am so happy that I decided to finish out this rotation of STS. I am really enjoying going super heavy with low reps. I've gotten so much stronger since the last time I did STS. I've been toying around with the idea of adding more barre and/or lower body floor work to my weekly workouts to hit the leg muscles a little differently than I've been doing with more traditional heavy weight leg workouts so today I did TA's Mat Workout. TA is not really a fav instructor of mine, the workout was free on youtube so I decided to give it a shot. Despite her lack of actual instruction during the video (which drives me absolutely nuts), the workout moves for the lower body definitely did their job because the soreness is already setting in. I'm not going to give up my heavy squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc. any time soon...but I would like to incorporate more workouts like that (although not necessarily TA workouts) more into my rotations.

Hello Sarbear,

I am struggling to understand the concept behind Miss TA stuff.
Anyway, would you mind letting me know what program is similar to TA when you find one.
I am curious. I know there are a lot of reps behind it. Are Barre program not good enough to cater and
eventually provide same result?Would not mind trying something similar to it. Not TA though.

This morning was STS Plyo Legs #26 + Extended Stretch. Great workout! Planned doubles is JMBS Amplify. I have some chest DOMS yesterday from P90X2--so many push ups and all using some kind of equipment--stability ball, medicine balls.

Jodi--those BB Tempo workouts always burned me out and left me so sore. Great workouts tho; really, all of the BB workouts are great workouts.

Nathalie--that's just what I use for RwH Legs plie squats--35/40. And they are challenging! I used 50 pounds for plie squats in plyo legs today. I actually used the workout sheet from the last time I did it, which was months ago and I found some of the weights too light and added up arrows. However, I used 50 pounds last time--it was definitely adequate! I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel a little better. You have mentioned possible blood sugar issues--Do you think you have hypoglycemia or even diabetes? I know altering your diet can help a lot with blood sugar problems. However, I wouldn't think oatmeal would be an issue.

Hello Sarbear,

I am struggling to understand the concept behind Miss TA stuff.
Anyway, would you mind letting me know what program is similar to TA when you find one.
I am curious. I know there are a lot of reps behind it. Are Barre program not good enough to cater and
eventually provide same result?Would not mind trying something similar to it. Not TA though.

Nathalie-I can only really speak to the Mat workout that I did yesterday as that's the only TA workout that I've actually ever done. I didn't find the rep counts to be anything too crazy in this particular workout. There were a lot of leg lifts (in a variety of different angles) performed behind a chair (so this section had a bit of a barre feel to me). There was also an arm section with her famous 3 lb weights (lol), more leg lifts on the floor, and then ab work. I think the workout itself is fine, although as I mentioned TA gives you little to no instruction which I find very annoying. Where I have a problem with TA is her wild claims. I don't believe for a second that weights over 3 lbs make a woman bulky, that you can "re-engineer" your body, etc. The list could go on and on. I hear that Tonique's workouts are supposed to be similar to TA's...although I get the sense that Tonique's rep counts are higher than TA's. I have never done a Tonique workout though. I think a good barre workout that includes floor work would be a good substitute for the Mat workout I did yesterday and would most likely hit the leg muscles in a similar fashion. This is just my humble opinion based on the little experience I have with TA. haha.

Today was Burn Sets Shoulders, the Rear Delts bonus, and Double Wave Pyramid from the HiiT DVD. Why do I not reach for this HiiT DVD more often? Sure, this workout was not as tough as RWH Plyo 1, but it is still a solid HiiT workout. I guess that's what happens when you keep buying new workouts...gems like this get neglected!

Oh, I hate to even ask this, but has anyone heard of the program, RIPT90? It popped up in one of those Amazon recommendation e-mails for me, and I of course had to check it out. It's only $29.98 and has 14 DVDs. The longest of the workouts is 42 minutes which appeals to me, and it also comes with a workout calendar, nutrition guide, etc. It says you only need dumbbells or resistance bands and a pullup bar is recommended. It also helps that the trainer is quite cute. :D It has three positive reviews, but they are very vague. I am tempted!

Jodi--I have not heard of it but I am now intrigued, too!

This morning was P90X2 Recovery & Mobility and doubles will be JMBS Escalate.

Today was P57 Advanced Express 30 Minute Full Body Workout and P57 Thigh & Seat Booster 30 Minute Workout. (why do they make their titles so long?) Ok, these two totally make the purchase of P57 worth it. The full body one has some upper body and core stuff but focuses most on the lower body. It has the same instructor as the longer workout and she is just as chatty and cheery here. There is a different leader for the other workout and she is much more low key. Both are very tough workouts.

Yeah, so I totally fell under the Amazon spell and bought RIPT90!

Yesterday I did STS, M3, W2 Biceps, triceps and shoulders. Today I did PFLO Anaerobic Capacity, which I thought was a fun hiit workout. At first I thought it was going to be too easy, but it adds up quickly! The 60 on 60 off exercises in the middle definitely had me sucking some wind...lol. Afterwards I did PFLO ab endurance.

Good news on my defective PFLO dvd! Steals.com reached out to Lindsay's company who then reached out to me directly to get my address. They are going to send me a replacement DVD. Despite the frustration of discovering the defective disc, I have to say the customer service I've received from both companies has been outstanding thus far. Everyone has been responsive and super nice.

SarBear--Steals.com told me that Lindsay's company would be contacting me too--they told me that two days ago. So far nothing. So I just emailed a follow up.

This morning was X2 Shoulders & Arms. Planned doubles is JM's Yoga Meltdown #2.

I can't decide on the RIPT90. My husband is intrigued and so am I, but when I watched the trailer for it, it dampened my interest a little. Not sure why. I'll definitely be interested to hear what you think. My husband may end up just buying it anyway, tho.

Make sure you check your junk mail folder, Jen. The email I received came from "The Moms"...if the subject line hadn't said "replacement DVD", I probably would have thought it was spam. Hopefully you will hear something from them soon.

Today was a rest day for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.