Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hi ladies!! I am sorry about your hand pain! I know u will get back into it. The workouts look good you r doing! You will be at STS again one day!

I am starting meso 3 soon! I am finishing up last DVD tonight of meso 2!! Hoo hoo !! Then recovery week! I am hoping to do cardio and eat better. I haven't gained weight thank God but I haven't list either so that's good I guess? I hope to lose fat. So we shall see. So during active recovery I hope to do more cardio and eat better.
Jen and Nat hope you guys tell us how you like body beast!! Can't wait to hear your results as well!!

Hi Ladies,

As promised, I am checking in and I hope to hear from you.

What am I up to?
I have started a month RwH + xTRAIN + xfire and TTM.
I have added to my state (keeping the same concept I believe ;-) to extend the rotation to 2 months.

The plan is to do:

• 2 months of RwH+Xtrain+cross fire and TTM
  • 2months of Rock Bottom rotation
  • Then restart the bodybuilding rotation with Body beast inserted somewhere Phew ;-)

I prefered to resume checking in here but will be posting to RWH january to share my view on the new series.
I have upper body circuit to do tomorrow. I have seen new moves for shoulders and I know it is going to be
very challenging since I found it difficult to see quick result in my shoulders. They are fdefinitely stronger
but I wish i could see more visible improvement.

Today was Xtrain hard strike premix~17 no conditioning+ core.
it was hard.

will check in tomorrow.

Kind Regards to you all ladies :)

Last edited:
Hi all! Can I join the party here? :) Today was RWH Low Impact 2, X10 Fat Burning Circuit, and RWH Bonus Abs 1.

I got home today to find new workouts from Lindsay Brin waiting for me in the mail. I had forgotten I pre-ordered them! I need to get familiar with them to see what kind of rotation I could do with them.

Too many new workouts to choose from!

Hello Nathalie and Jodi! Glad to be checking in here again and so glad you are able to get back in the workout groove again, Nathalie. I know how frustrating that can be. Your schedule looks like a great one. You'll have to share what you think of Upper Body Circuit. I loved all of the RwH workouts, but I think I did that one more than any of the others. I love it! I think the two RwH RIHI upper body workouts are some of the hardest, most challenging and best strength workouts Cathe or anyone else has ever created.

For me this month I am doing Tapout XT 1 & 2, Insanity Max:30, STS Total Body and KCM Muscle up. So I started Feb. 1 with Max:30 Cardio Challenge, Feb. 2 was Tapout XT Cardio Core Challenge + Ultimate Abs XT. This morning was STS Total Body. WOW--I had forgotten how hard it was! I used the workout manager workout card for it that used weights from the last time I did STS--and man! I was challenged! My legs are still weak and trembley. Planned doubles is Max:30 Tabata Power. So far I've only done Max 30's Cardio Challenge, but wow! That was so intense! Shaun T can HIIT you like no one else. I loved Insanity, but just one workout in and I think I am liking Max:30 even better.

And I do know how it is with all the new workouts, Jodi--that is my dilemma. There are so many I want to try (so I buy them) then I love quite a few of them, but then do not get to come back to them quickly--because I have so many new workouts to get through! That's one reason I am enjoying making these rotations. This month especially because even tho I am trying three new programs, I am also revisiting two of my favorite workouts that I haven't been able to do in a long time (STS Total Body and KCM Muscle Up).

It looks like this is where everyone is. Is it okay for me to join in?

I am continuing with RWH workouts. This morning I did 70 mins of shovelmax. Then I did premix #6 of the upper body circuit. It's all the weighted sections with abs mixed in. It was fun.

Should we let the RWH check in die off and just check in here?

Hello everyone! Welcome Elaine and Jodi!
My new plan is to "Do What I Can." I'm feeling pretty good except for the Ibuprofen that I've been told to take (3x3 a day) is making me feel nauseas. (I have a torn MCL in my knee. Doc will check the ACL next week when there is less swelling.) Last night I started walking without my crutches (slooowly). Today I'm not using them at all. :D

This morning I did Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped - Thigh Work and Seat Work segments. It went very well and it was almost all standing work. The only thing sweating were the palms of my hands -- I was concentrating so hard on muscle activation with the tiny controlled movements, something I didn't normally think about, until I started walking on my injured leg without the crutches. It seemed very strange to me when I realized that the muscles in my injured leg were not automatically working. So now I am walking with focus, flexing my leg muscles conscienciously (sp?). Silly me, right? I don't have a background of injuries except for last summer's torn Achilles, thank goodness. You know, I cannot even imagine being out of shape and having an injury -- the other body parts have to be strong enough to do extra.

Yesterday I did Muscle Endurance - Upper Body + Abs. I loved it!!! I've had this workout for a couple of years and never tried it. I will be doing it again soon. Wed, Thurs, Fri are my planned rest days for now (earlier morning schedule) so I may or may not squeeze something in.

Jen - I did STS Total Body a few months ago and I remember it being really hard too!

Elaine or anyone? - Am I taking 9 Ibuprofens a day for pain, or blood thinning, or swelling, or what? I'd like to cut back. It is bothering my stomach.

Mary, the ibuprofen is most likely for pain and inflammation. It's anti inflammatory drug as well as a pain killer. Not sure what to tell you about the nausea. Maybe call your doc. to see if you can cut back a bit?

Hi all! Today was RWH Upper Body Circuit and Abs 2. Elaine, I was so tempted to do premix 6 again because I love the break the abs give you. But it had been awhile since I had done the regular workout so went with that today. Whew, those ab breaks really make a difference!

Once I finish the January rotation this week, I'm thinking of doing a 2 week rotation with EFX and my new KCM workouts. I could use just one of the 30 minute KCM at a time and then add on some Cathe or maybe Ruthless. Maybe something like KCM weights, KCM cardio, EFX, KCM cardio, KCM weights, rest day, treadmill. If I like KCM, I could stretch it to a full month rotation.

After that, I want to go back to Lindsay Brin's Pretty Fierce Lean Out and her new workouts.

This morning was Tapout Strength & Force Upper and planned doubles is Max:30 Sweat Intervals. I am sore from STS yesterday so not sure Strength & Force was such a good idea. LOTS of push ups and band work. My arms are aching.

Hello Jen, Mary, Jodi and Elaine,

Very welcome to Jodi and Elaine. Off course you can join us and feel to share your comments.

On the menu this morning was Xtrain legs...yes I am on Hiit, circuit and high reps at the moment.
I had not done xtrain legs for a year I believe and my muscles asked me where I was all this time:D!
Jen, I thought about you when I got to wall plie squat;););). I recalled you mentioning on a post not liking it;);).
Some how, this might sound crazy, I like to them to improve my flexibility and work my inner thighs.

Right now I am in constant DOMS. I believe not only I need to regain some level of conditioning back but
also the fast recovering ability I had before. Boy I would give anything to regain it back;););)
It feels great to sail through a cathlete rotation with minimal to none DOMS. I am going to have a longer
stretch when I complete this post. Evening western europe time;)

Hmmm I do fancy slide and glide stretch today. It is one of my favourite. It feeels a total bliss for my legs:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jen, I can see why you are in love with RwH upperbody circuit. So am I . I can see myself trying to hide the DVD to push myself
moving into another rotation.;):) Definitely I will reach for this one over and over again. In fact I have mapped future
rotation of upper circuit mixed with some total or split. What an undulation (muscle confusion) that could be?

I also loved both low impact. Tomorrow One of Low impact is on the menu.
I will have to do it as a therapy session;) for DOMS lol. Well I will be fine after a stretch before going to bed
and a good night sleep.

To Mary: 9 ibuprofen is quite a lot...Hope you get an opinion from your doctor about it soon.
To much medicine tend seem not right to me! Oh boy muscle endurance is another great tough circuit.Biceps segment do feel like it never end Lol

To Jodi: Great combination of X10 and Rwh low impact.
x10 is another workout I need to fully make the most of . It's so versatile.

To Jen: Glad you are enjoying your DVD purchase:cool:. I shall read your blog for various instructors.

While I litterally have 8 to 12 weeks of rotation completely finalised, I can not stop thinking about how I am going to map out my future body beast rotation. I won't do 3 months rotation. There is no way I am keeping myself away from cathe's program for such long period of time. I will have to think about it.

Hope you are all having a good day and I am looking forward to hearing more from you.
I will let you how I got through DOMS.

Best regards ladies,

Last edited:
This morning I couldn't decide which plyo workout to do, so I did the first half of plyo#2 followed by the first half of plyo #1 then I did crossfire 1 set of the first part then the firewalker tabata. Like you, Nathalie, I followed this with the resistance band segment of stretch max.

Today was RWH Lower Body Circuit, and I decided to try the Extreme premix. Yikes! You do the whole workout, and then some of the intervals are repeated. What I really liked about it was that the repeated intervals focus on the weighted intervals...squats, static lunges, deadlifts, etc...with just a few of the cardio intervals mixed in. Another good thing...the stretch was added at the end of this premix. It is long, but I would definitely revisit this premix when I have time.

Nathalie, thanks for the welcome. I've got to say, whenever I see that you've commented on a post, I read it. You always have such well-informed comments to make!

Good morning ladies! This morning was Tapout XT Sprawl & Brawl + Max:30 Ab Attack. Planned doubles is Max:30 Tabata Strength.

And I am with you Nathalie! I seem to be a constant state of DOMS this week. Ever since I did STS Total Body I am aching everywhere and I think the subsequent workouts have only compounded it!

Today was To the max. The main program including abs.

I am feeling great today. Soreness is literally gone therefore I am looking forward to tomorrow.
RwH LB circuit. I know I am going to have a similar fun I had today:):)

I know I have mentioned this before. TTM has a high content to please everyone.
The 30/20 Hiit is a whipper;):) in a good way off course.

Hey Cathletes,

Long time lurker and Cathlete here. :) Just got invited to this nice thread. :D This week is a rest week for me. So this morning I did Cathe's Kick Punch & Crunch. I love this workout. <3 I am working right now so this is just a short check-in. :( Next week I am going for 3 days of weight training, with HiiT, flexibility, etc. sprinkled in. Have been a fitness junkie for a long time. I mix and match workouts from different trainers. :D

I am also tightening my diet a bit. I have a goal to reach by mid April or May. I am going for some photo shoots. Fitness is not all about vanity for me. The photo shoots are for myself. I have an ectomorph body type. It's hard for me to build muscles. Photo shoots are just something to say to myself I can do this and to prove all the naysayers in my life that I can succeed.

Hey Cathletes,

I am also tightening my diet a bit. I have a goal to reach by mid April or May. I am going for some photo shoots. Fitness is not all about vanity for me. The photo shoots are for myself. I have an ectomorph body type. It's hard for me to build muscles. Photo shoots are just something to say to myself I can do this and to prove all the naysayers in my life that I can succeed.

Enjoy your photo shoot and feel pretty. I can sense you need to feel pretty.
As you posted before, some girls want the physique you have. So love yourself.:):) being and feeling comfortable in your skin.

Go for it and forget naysayers ;-)

Enjoy your photo shoot and feel pretty. I can sense you need to feel pretty.
As you posted before, some girls want the physique you have. So love yourself.:):) being and feeling comfortable in your skin.

Go for it and forget naysayers ;-)

Wow, thanks, Nathalie. I appreciate it. :) I have a dear friend recently diagnosed with bone cancer. She told me to challenge myself and to live life to the fullest. I am just following her advice. :) She is a very positive person and a fighter even in her darkest hours of treatment. Life is too short to never achieve your personal best. I only have myself to compare to, so I don't strive to look like a particular person. Just my personal best. It's good enough for me. I love to be strong. :)

Jodi--Lower Body Circuit wears me out on its own! I don't think I am ready for the extreme premix yet! I used to do Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast Extreme Premixes all time tho and I loved them, but I think Lower Body Circuit is harder!

Welcome ilovefitness! Have fun with the photo shoots! I don't workout for vanity either. I haven't since I was young. I worked out off and on for years but in my late 20s I started having horrible back problems--in my 20s!!! I started working out regularly and the back problems went away, never to return until the past few years (I'm 44 now) but no where near the severity it was in my 20s--plus it heals very quickly and happens infrequently. Plus, I felt so good after I started working out regularly. So strong and capable of doing anything. Running up stairs that used to wear me out, carrying heavy things around the house. I would remember how it used to tax me and then it stopped--it became easy. Ever since then I never stopped working out. It's all about how it makes me feel. And I like muscle, too! And you're right, the only person I ever compete against is myself.

Today was RWH Chest, Tris & Shoulders. 12 regular and 6 decline pushups on my toes. Woohoo!! I really do love to hate that workout.

Jen, totally agree that LBC is harder than CLB. When it got to the end of the regular workout, I was calling myself crazy for trying the long version! And had it been more cardio than weights, I probably would not consider going back to it anytime soon.

Nathalie, I love TTM, especially the 30/20 section. Such a challenge!

Hey ilovefitness! I really enjoyed your post about fitness buddies so welcome to the party here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.