Body parts 2X/week

So what about the food part? Did you eat a lot less or just cleaner? If u already answered that I apologize. I just got home and didn't have time to read it all. If u did just say so and I will go back and Terra's all the posts. I am sleepy lol. Goodnight everyone! I did cardio tonight and it was way to late to workout but I really wanted to get it all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion on diet. My opinion, certainly not law and gospel. If you have no allergies, eat everything in moderation. Keep it clean, no processed food, and make sure you get plenty of protein, to build muscle. Not a lot of sugar, but don't deprive yourself. When I feel deprived is when I have a binge. Because of my thyroid, I stay away from gluten, and some vegetables. I just finished a cleanse, after the cleanse, I started adding in the food I hadn't eaten for a month. That was basically dairy, and sugar. I was surprised to find that I have no problem with dairy, however I have read that if you have thyroid issues, stay away from dairy. I love my full fat greek yogurt, so I will have to think about that. I don't have a problem with sugar, at the moment I'm "trying" to stay away from sugary treats. I do have my dark chocolate, can't stay away from that. When you are building muscle, eat clean. but don't deprive yourself. If you are competing, the closer you get to the competition, the more your diet changes. The diet was the hardest part for me, when I was "cutting up" for a competition, I was always hungry. Think that's about it. Have fun ladies, and kick some butt!!

Coming back to edit this to add something. When I was competing, we were told to eat carbs, legumes and such. I never have been a big legume person. But, one day I was so hungry, I cooked a pot of lentils. I ate them right out of the pot, I was so hungry. At that moment in time, I thought they were the most delicious food I had ever eaten. I can't even look at them now.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the details Karen- I'm afraid I'd find the diet too difficult mentally - I wouldn't be able to gain the muscle and then have to do the "cutting" - it would drive me bonkers to give up certain foods even for a couple months LOL! My gym had a bootcamp recently that included a strict diet plan for 8 weeks and I have to admit I was envious of the results for some of the ladies but when I think about how unhappy I was 5 years ago when I had such a low body fat I just couldn't bring myself to do it again. It sparked an evil eating disorder afterwards which still rears its ugly head at times of stress but certainly better than it used to be. That moderation thing is something I still struggle with and after one treat I wake up with my head in an empty bag of cookies LOL! At least I can laugh at myself now. OK off to do Tabatacize now with Cathe!
Jamie

I do have my dark chocolate, can't stay away from that.
If you want a healthy chocolate treat, mix equal parts cocoa powder (or raw cacao, as your heart desires) and melted coconut oil with a squirt of agave or maple syrup (or stevia, whatever), to taste.
If you put it in the fridge, it will solifidy as a nice dark chocolate bark (add nuts, raisins, or cinnamon and cayenne for a little Mexican chocolate goodness, whatever you fancy). OR, if you're feeling saucy, pour it over frozen fruit or very cold Greek yogurt, and it will solidify on contact into a tasty dark chocolate shell!
Sorry, we were talking about dieting...? :p

Ok, I sent this picture. It is very fuzzy. Now, don't look at the 80's hair, and the look on my face. These competitions attract all kinds of human debris, and they are always making crude remarks. Someone yelled just as I was trying to hit an ab pose, and my face went ohhhh, then I burst out laughing. So this picture is me trying to hit a pose, making an ohhh face, and busting up. Just wanted to post. Just because. It looks like I have raccoon eyes as well. What can I say. So, I'm not blowing smoke, I actually did it. Thanks for your kindness.

I looked for other, better pics, but I think they are on my husbands computer. But, this will do.

Last edited:
Holly Molly! You look great!!! Can you give sample of what you eat during the day and how you work out to get those results?

Thank you, you are so kind. In a couple of posts before my picture. I have written a short post on eating. Check it out. If you have other questions, just ask, more than happy to help.

Tanning beds, and a product that had acetone in it. But it gave us a fake bake. Now I make appts with the dermatologist every year. To make sure my wayward youth is not getting its revenge

Geez, sorry. I hope my question didn't sound judgmental. I was just truly curious because the fake tanners have really only become legit in recent years. I would have totally been a sun worshiper in my youth but am thankful that my Elmer's Glue-colored skin only went from pasty white to bright red. Nothing in between.

WOW! No wonder your squat is so good with those awesome legs! And abs- incredible. It makes me feel like really knuckling down to some hard work.

I KNOW!!! I saw that picture and I thought"those quads!" Karen, were you a momma yet or did you compete before having babies? My stomach is not cooperating after baby #2 the way I would like and I need some hope. Not diastasis recti or anything, just a little too loose for my liking. ;)

Lisa

No, no, no, not judgemental at all. No offense taken. Then, we were told the sun was good for us. Vitamin D and all that. No my dad had skin cancer, we're Scandinavian. I did myself no favors with all that sun worshipping(sp). So far I've been lucky. No issues. Probably helped that I covered my face with a towel when I tanned. Just the acetone stuff on my face. Lol.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.