Body Beast

Jen, Justine:

fab answers both, thank you! Things for me to think about and mull over. This has been a great thread that people can refer back to in the future. A new puppy: bet he's a cute little guy, and yes, now I can see why and how you are doing so much walking with your program! "only up to 40 minutes...." " I like that.

Clare

Has everyone else finished their Body Beast rotation? Tomorrow I finish my second to last week--so next week is my final week! I am ready for it to be over! I have made significant muscle gains that I attribute to the hybrid (BB/PiYo/WR) and even right now I am sore--and at the end of the program! But I have had enough. When it is over I will have been doing it 13 weeks (not counting the week I hurt my back and had to do an emergency "recovery week") and I am so ready to move on to something else. I loved it but I get so restless when I stick with one program for so long. It helped that I was actually doing 3 programs simultaneously, but still. I found myself really missing Cathe and KCM--there is something oddly comforting for me in doing workouts by those two.

I will probably do some type of recovery week, then hopefully I will have Ripped with HIIT in my hands and can start that. If for some reason I receive it in a week (doubtful, but one can hope), I may just skip the recovery week since the clips that have been posted are making me itch to try these new workouts!

Hi Jen - my last workout is tomorrow - yay! It's BB Cardio+abs, but I've been subbing in other cardio, so I may not be doing another BB w/o. (I can't face doing the same cardio week in, week out, so I've been subbing X10 etc). I may do BB Total Body tomorrow, though - just to say goodbye to the programme.

Next week I'm going to be catching up with Cathe Live, doing some PiYo and a few KCM. I'm away next weekend, and will be unable to workout, so I'm hoping the RwH will be On Demand on 1st Dec.............perhaps wishful thinking?

We're in luck Justine (and everyone else!)--I saw the post aobut RwH! It should arrive just in time to fit perfectly into my schedule. Dec 1 I do my recovery week the start RwH the very next week! I'm excited.

I kept doing BB cardio every week--so now 12 weeks of it. Yes, I am sick of it. But, I needed to master parts of it, so I kept at it. Like those plyo push ups? I STILL cannot do the entire 90 seconds. Same with PiYo; there are still parts of some of the workouts I have not yet mastered even tho I plan to temporarily stop PiYo the same time BB ends for me. How do you plan to continue using PiYo (or do you?) regularly? I do want to use regularly after taking a brief break. It seems like such an amazing way to keep my body strong and flexible. I plan to try to use PiYo and BodyFit 360 workouts frequently for that purpose.

For my recovery week I am going to do KCMs new workouts (which finally arrived!), Michele Dozios's new BodyFit 360 workouts will hopefully have arrived by then. Other than that I am still trying to decide. Maybe some kettlebell workouts, or maybe more body weight training. Not sure.

Yes, we're in luck with the timing of RwH. Perfect. Jen, those plyo push ups are awful. Not sure they were very good for my joints. I certainly couldn't do them all- I tended to do a few, then revert to normal ones, then a few more plyo at the end.
I have been doing piyo on and off. To be honest I find the workouts too repetitive to do every day. I'll be incorporating them somehow, though. I'll also do more Travis Elliott in the next couple of weeks.
I'm looking forward to doing a random mish-mash of workouts for a while. More cardio I think!

[QUOTE="I actually think Body Beast works well in conjunction with STS. You could easily rotate the two programs and get great results.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this statement. Why not just do both for the ultimate muscle confusion? While Cathe is my main "Go To" instructor, I still like to branch out with with other instructors too because everyone has their own unique way of doing things and I'm less likely to hit a plateau.

[QUOTE="I actually think Body Beast works well in conjunction with STS. You could easily rotate the two programs and get great results.

I totally agree with this statement. Why not just do both for the ultimate muscle confusion? While Cathe is my main "Go To" instructor, I still like to branch out with with other instructors too because everyone has their own unique way of doing things and I'm less likely to hit a plateau.[/QUOTE]

I like the sounds of combining the two programs. How would you make the rotation look?

Someone had the idea of taking the middle block of BB and alternating that with full weeks of STS Meso 2, taking 8 weeks for Block 2. I love that idea -- getting some Cathe in there while doing BB. You could also do it the other way around: Do STS and and take 8 weeks for Meso 2 alternating it with BB's Block 2. Lots of other options too.

Ordered my BB this week. I am planning to do this after the arrival of my second child in April. Yes, I have to wait nearly 4 months before partaking in the goodness, but I am enjoying reading thoughts and feedback. They are helpful. I fear Ripped with Hitt will be too intense after right after Baby arrives.

Les Mills Pump was an easy way for me to easy back into working out after the birth of my first child nearly 16 months ago since it is a pretty stationary program and consist of few simple exercises. I plan to do the same thing as much as possible throughout the first month of my second child's arrival. After that, I would like to tackle BB, Lean Rotation, followed by Ripped with Hitt in the fall.

With all that said, I could not easily find the Tempo DVD. Where did you all order it from? I will look on the Beachbody website again, but did not have luck locating it earlier today.

Thanks again for all of your input. I can't wait. . . for May.

Ordered my BB this week. I am planning to do this after the arrival of my second child in April. Yes, I have to wait nearly 4 months before partaking in the goodness, but I am enjoying reading thoughts and feedback. They are helpful. I fear Ripped with Hitt will be too intense after right after Baby arrives.

Les Mills Pump was an easy way for me to easy back into working out after the birth of my first child nearly 16 months ago since it is a pretty stationary program and consist of few simple exercises. I plan to do the same thing as much as possible throughout the first month of my second child's arrival. After that, I would like to tackle BB, Lean Rotation, followed by Ripped with Hitt in the fall.

With all that said, I could not easily find the Tempo DVD. Where did you all order it from? I will look on the Beachbody website again, but did not have luck locating it earlier today.

Thanks again for all of your input. I can't wait. . . for May.

Just tried a product search and found it.

This was in a fitness letter I got today, and it made me think of Body Beast. No matter how fast the reps are, it's so important to keep good form. That's more important than trying to keep up. What I love so much about Cathe is how she always stresses how important good form is. Plus, I have been adding some cardio after the weights and was wondering if that was a good idea. If it was good enough for Arnold, it's good enough for me! :D

How to Get a Sleek Physique

Sleek Lines

Arnold Schwarzenegger built a body that stands out above others, even today. Yes, had big muscles. But he also had sleeker muscles than anyone else. They simply looked better than anyone else. Watch the movie Pumping Iron some evening and you will notice that Arnold simply far exceeds everyone around him.

His lines, his muscles, flowed together better than not only his contemporaries but also today's stars. They look blocky, crude, whereas his body smoothly flowed together.

True to Form

How did he do it? One factor was that he used better form than other lifters, particularly later in the workout. When they got sloppy, he stayed true to good form. And that good form makes a difference – a big difference. Form helps keep the targeted muscle working instead of cheating it out of the picture.

Extracurricular Activity

There was one other element that Arnold brought to the table that others didn’t – extracurricular activity. And not just any extracurricular activity. Arnold would often bike home after a workout (particularly in the formative stages of his development). And later on he would swim right after a workout. He pointed out how swimming helped his muscles unwind after a hard workout. And it must have worked for he created a totally unique physique, one that has not been matched to this day for overall impressiveness.

You can take out the blocky, unwieldiness of your own muscles by adhering to excellent form throughout the entire workout, and by some extracurricular activity post workout like bike riding and swimming and watch what happens to your physique.

I got great results with BB. I have been thinking of putting together a rotation with the build phase of BB, STS Meso 2, and RWH. At this point, it's all still in my head. I need to sit down, and formulate a plan. Oh, can't forget XTrain. So many different weight options. Hmmmm.

Yes, Karen please share!!!!

I fear Ripped with Hitt will be too intense after right after Baby arrives.
Agreed -- you may want to wait a little before embarking on RWH postpartum. Especially the plyo stuff. Or if not, prepare to find new meaning to 'bur-pees'! ;)

I haven't tried Les Mills Pump, but I used Jari Love's high rep DVDs (Slim & Lean, Ripped to the Core, etc.) often when I was getting back into working out postpartum. I've seen clips of Les Mills Pump and the workouts seem to be in the same vein.

Congrats on baby #2! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.