Body Beast

Justine, I am loving BB too. I am feeling changes. I never measure myself, but I do feel like my clothes are fitting differently. I really just noticed it this morning (after doing Total Body + Lucky 7 + Stretch Max). And I am noticing an increase in muscle mass and definition with no change on the scale, which means fat loss. I've only completed the first two weeks of PiYo (the easiest two weeks of the program!) but I saw a difference by the end of week two. Even tho Core was still hard, I got through it with less effort and my hip joints/flexors did not ache for hours/days afterward. I haven't yet done a longer cardio since starting the Lean Rotation, but I decided when I start the Beast Phase, on the weeks I do primarily Build workouts, I will do Tabatacise on Saturdays, so that will be the real test! But Weider Ruthless is kicking my butt--the title is no joke. It is 20 ruthless minutes.

This thread is really dangerous:p All this talk about Beast, wants me to whip out my credit card and order the seto_O:rolleyes:

You won't regret it!

I've 5 weeks to go (1 more week of Bulk, then 4 weeks of the cutting phase 'Beast'). Shoulders, arms, chest - fantastic. Back - amazing. Core- surprisingly good. Really bulked up in all these areas, plus I've managed to increase my 1RM in just about all the exercises (by quite a bit). Legs - in truth, I probably need to do twice a week, so the results are only OK. In fact I'm thinking of adding hip thrusts and a Firewalker section into the mix once a week. I'm adding a bit more cardio, but not masses more - Just 30 mins when and if I feel like it. I've certainly bulked. I hope that I'll lose some fat during the final phase. (I've gained both fat and muscle.)

Any favourite Firewalker sections from Cathe's collection, anyone?

Go for it, Belinda!

You won't regret it!

Thanks a lot:oops::D I am really trying to downsize my very, large workout collection and you enable me to buy more:D:D:D:D My husband thinks I am crazy having so many workout dvd's. When College Videos closed down a few month ago, I bought a lot of workout dvd's. I really wanted them:D They still in shrink wrap:( What is wrong with me? :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I've been doing Body Beast for a while now too. I'm doing the Huge Beast rotation because it has less cardio and am just starting Block 3 tomorrow! I'm looking forward to moving on since the last block was 6 weeks of the same thing. Oh, and I haven't been doing the leg workouts but subbing other stuff (mainly bodyweight/low weights for lower body and low impact only). About 4 1/2 months ago I tore my Achilles tendon and still working on catching up with my leg strength. A few times I subbed in XTrain Bi's & Tri's/Burn Sets for Bulk Arms and noticed some increased strength (also noticed how much more I enjoy Cathe's workouts over BB! haha), even though overall I hadn't been able to increase the weights much in the last block. Overall I'm happy with BB so far, but looking forward to getting back to Cathe workouts. I think what's different about BB is that the single muscle group workouts are longer than anything that Cathe has. It's a nice change, but I'm kinda anxious to getting back to a 2-day upper body split. Most days I'm not motivated to tack on a short workout after BB. I agree, Jen, Ruthless is perfect for that.

My shirts are getting too tight in the arms and shoulders (tee hee), but then so are my jeans. Anyone following the Eating Plan? I haven't but thought I'd give it a try (minus the "Products") starting right now for the 3-week Beast Block, the cutting phase. I haven't been focused on food and this seemed like a good "jumpstart". I don't like counting calories but this looks simpler and something I can handle. I don't know if I'll make it to 3 weeks, but I'm going to try. I really want to be in good shape for Ripped with HiiT, but I feel like I have a long way to go with regaining leg strength and cardio endurance.

Hi everyone! I've been doing Body Beast for a while now too. I'm doing the Huge Beast rotation because it has less cardio and am just starting Block 3 tomorrow! I'm looking forward to moving on since the last block was 6 weeks of the same thing. Oh, and I haven't been doing the leg workouts but subbing other stuff (mainly bodyweight/low weights for lower body and low impact only). About 4 1/2 months ago I tore my Achilles tendon and still working on catching up with my leg strength. A few times I subbed in XTrain Bi's & Tri's/Burn Sets for Bulk Arms and noticed some increased strength (also noticed how much more I enjoy Cathe's workouts over BB! haha), even though overall I hadn't been able to increase the weights much in the last block. Overall I'm happy with BB so far, but looking forward to getting back to Cathe workouts. I think what's different about BB is that the single muscle group workouts are longer than anything that Cathe has. It's a nice change, but I'm kinda anxious to getting back to a 2-day upper body split. Most days I'm not motivated to tack on a short workout after BB. I agree, Jen, Ruthless is perfect for that.

My shirts are getting too tight in the arms and shoulders (tee hee), but then so are my jeans. Anyone following the Eating Plan? I haven't but thought I'd give it a try (minus the "Products") starting right now for the 3-week Beast Block, the cutting phase. I haven't been focused on food and this seemed like a good "jumpstart". I don't like counting calories but this looks simpler and something I can handle. I don't know if I'll make it to 3 weeks, but I'm going to try. I really want to be in good shape for Ripped with HiiT, but I feel like I have a long way to go with regaining leg strength and cardio endurance.

So glad to see you are still going strong on it! I am impressed--you have kept at it in spite of the injury. That's the best way to recover--keeping at but modifying. I've really been enjoying Body Beast, but I am in my 9th week of it (5th week of Bulk) and I am ready for a change. But I am finishing it out. 4 more weeks of the Beast phase then it's on to something new. I am ready for it! I haven't been following the food plan either, but I do think I am going to review the food recommendations for the Beast phase and maybe follow it for the last month. I have been working so hard with both Body Beast and PiYo, it would be nice to "see" results rather than always having them hid on the layer of fat I carry around. I know I have some big strength improvements from both Body Beast and PiYo.

And I am looking forward to moving forward to Ripped with HIIT after this!

Next week will be my last week of BB! While I've loved this program (for the most part) and have made noticeable gains, I am also ready for a change. I can't wait to enjoy a "recovery" week...some yoga and good cardio. After that, I guess some random stuff until RWH comes out. I miss Cathe!!

I have a little over two weeks to go. I am definitely ready for a change. I get bored easily, so after a ninety day rotation, I am so ready for something different. I do love BEAST, it has given me a fabulous back and shoulders. Just ready for something different.

bzbnmom- I had a look at the nutrition, and am sort-of-following it. I'm roughly the suggested amount of calories, in the macronutrient ratios suggested. Like you, I'm not going to be consuming shakes etc. When I move into the Beast phase next week, I'm going to cut my carbs.

Cat - two balloons!!! LOL I hear ya!

BB has altered my body more than any other programme I have done. It's the first time that I have noticeably muscled up. I just need to cut now...

I haven't got at all bored yet (unlike STS meso 3). Perhaps because the workouts are so short. Also, I'm really pushing myself to increase something every time. I'll be doing BB again. That said, I'm really looking forward to Cathe's new stuff. I think it'll be icing on the cake after BB.

I've just started PiYo. At first I was unsure whether I liked it (upper and lower splits), but having done Sweat today, I think I'm going to really get into it. Looking forward to drench! One thing I did notice was that after doing the lower body workout I went more-or-less straight into Bulk Legs, and I could get much deeper / lower on the exercises. My hip flexors are feeling great. Not as intense as UY, but great w/os and good length.

Jen - I hear you on the results being 'hidden'. I'm hoping the next month will sort that out for me!

Sorry to jump in on your thread here but just wondering what the Body Beast eating plan is...
Is it mostly a calorie goal? It seems curious to suggest the same caloric intake for everyone.
Just had to ask -- TIA!

You have to calculate your metabolic base rate (age, gender, weight etc) and then do some calculations (I've not got the book with me, but if you want I can post the details). It recommends a certain macro ratio, and works out the calories from carbs, fat and protein you need. There are 2 versions - one to help bulk, and one (lower carb) to cut. Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

That would be great -- thank you! I've recently been wondering what my ideal macronutrient ratios are...

OK:
(100-body fat %) x weight in lbs /100 = Lean Body Mass (LBM)
LBM x 10 = Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
RMR x 0.3 = Calorific Modification for Recovery (CMR)
RMR + CMR = Resting Metabolic rate Modified for Recovery (RMR2)
RMR2 + 600 = weight maintenance

Then:
For a BF> 20% use CIM +10%
10<BF<20 use CIM + 15%
BF< 10 useCIM +20%

That's for the Bulk phase (bulking, obviously). For the Beast phase (cutting):

BF>20% use CIM-20%
10<BF<20 use CIM -15%
BF<10 use CIM -10%

Then in the Bulk phase you use 25:50:25 protein:carbohydrate:fat
eg on a 2000cal diet:
5 portions starch
2 portions legumes
4 portions vegetables
5 portions fruit
9 portions protein
4 portions fat
+ 1 scoop base shake and 1 of fuel shot

For the Beast / cutting phase, the macros are 40:30:30 p:c:f
eg on a 2000cal diet:

1 portions starch
3 portions legumes
4 portions vegetables
1 portions fruit
21 portions protein
2 portions fat
+ 1 scoop base shake and 1 of fuel shot

Starches tend to be about 1/2 cup per portion (or 80 cals), 1/2 cup legumes (125), 1 cup fruit (80), 1/2 cup veg (25), 1 oz protein (45), 1 tbsp fat (45)

It's recommended to have 3 meals and 2- 3 snacks.

Hope that helps. Just ask if there's anything I've missed!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!
I'm starting a pretty intense Gym Style rotation now and I just feel I really need to be getting all the right nutrients -- even more so than usual.
Enjoy the rest of Body Beast!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.